PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Jerome -Will we ever be able to multi against AI?

caesar
02-15-2003, 04:51
I can't understand why it's never implemented. All I'd like to do is team up in a battle against the AI with a friend or too.
Just like custom battle except, in multi-play.

It's nice to team up against a challenging AI army perhaps double your size, and considering the AI's always being improved, it's more challenging since shogun.

Can't be too much to ask. I know there's cpu/bandwidth overhead having AI but I usually play in LAN anyway.

Stormer
02-15-2003, 10:03
u shoul be able too but multi players means no ai http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

Nobunaga0611
02-15-2003, 10:30
If you have the people around to play a game, why wreck it by letting inferior AI in? I assume it will be improved upon by the time RTW comes out, but I doubt it will be up to the level of another person.

JeromeGrasdyke
02-15-2003, 11:06
Chances are very good we'll include this in Rome. Teaming up with the AI is more problematic than playing against it, as the AI is never going to reach the level of responsiveness of another person - how are you going to ask it to execute a flank attack, for instance - but there's no huge technical obstacle here http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Nobunaga0611
02-15-2003, 11:33
I know you guys have been bothered about this time and time again, so I won't go into depth...but, are you also going to give the AI basic commands like "Don't send your Gen charging into an enemy spear unit at the outset of the battle" ? The AI is getting better, in terms of Shogun AI to MTW AI, but I still see things that confuse me.

Monk
02-15-2003, 18:44
if the Ai could understand this.

Arrow can beat Sword.(arrow units can fall back reposition fire. and repeat)

Sword can beat Spear.

spear can beat Horse.

and Horse beats arrow/sword.

yes i know but if the AI had even this primitive understanding of the Units then it would be greatly better.

now i know this system is a bit sloppy and seeing as how RTW's mix of units will be 20 to each faction it might not be very good. but its a start for an AI that understands Battlefield Technicals. what do you guys think?

Stormer
02-16-2003, 12:03
i agree monk the amout of times that the AI send cav into spear of archers into cav.

caesar
02-16-2003, 17:47
Thanks for that Jerome, hope this feature makes it and isn't too much trouble. I like multiplay to be as broad as possible.