PDA

View Full Version : I know it's still very early...

youssof_Toda
03-06-2003, 22:12
...it is better to be quick with these things.

I've been away from these forums for a while so if this has been debated before or is completely offtrack jst ignore my comments (as usual)

I was wondering if it would be possible for the devs to involve some of the players in the early stage of the tweaking of units.

We have some great tactical minds and mathematic peeps in our comm. Would it be possible for the devs to, once they are in that fase of development ofcourse, to hand the stats to these ppl so they can test them a bit? I don't know if the battlefield part of RTW will completely revised, if that is going to happen this will be difficult ofcourse.

This would save them time and money in tweaking the game for mp. Ofcourse this can only happen if:
1. They care about the mp aspect.
2. There are ppl who still care about the game to test it.

Magyar Khan
03-14-2003, 20:12
why dont u ask to become a betatester youssof? better learn it the hard way.

Skomatth
03-14-2003, 20:23
don't know if im good enuf or have enuf time to do it, but how do you become a beta tester?

wordsmith
03-15-2003, 05:20
I thought beta testing was primarly done by coders and designers, often times the retired ones. Last time i looked into this was years ago and it was just one company, If any one knows how to get involved in the current beta testing community id love to learn more about it.

youssof_Toda
03-17-2003, 13:39
I know the comm tends to disagree on various issues as everyone has his own preferences/agenda. But it would at least be possible to agree on the main issues before the game is completed, right? I'm not talking about details but about the points on which 90% of the comm would agree. I jst would h8 to see a total mp flop like mtw in the first months of release just because no attempt has been made to work this out.

DthB4Dishonor
03-17-2003, 16:21
Yeah I agree with you Youssof 100%. It is obvious for those who are looking to see that they dont give mp a fraction of the attention that is needed. You can see it just by the Fact QA thread about RTW. All of the QA is about sp. I havent heard about 1 thing that will make mp less complicated, buggy and less stressful for us MP's. With a decent amount of attention and resources to MP they can take this game to unspeakable heights.

RTKPaul