PDA

View Full Version : Resource Quality Grades

Hippolyte
05-29-2003, 19:18
Let’s face it, one of the more enduring aspects of the strategic map in MTW was the pursuit of those regions that held particularly sweet resources on the map—you know, Spanish iron, incredible trading opportunities as in Byzantium, etc. I’ve been wondering why they couldn’t incorporate a grading system for the different mines? Of course, this could also be done with trade items as well as food. Higher grades would go to mines that produced historically superior iron, gold, silver or copper. This could all be factored, ever so slightly, into the weapons of units produced in those regions. It is perhaps too much to expect that metalworking skills and metallurgy grades might also be included, so I’d be satisfied with grades of the actual metals themselves. Admitting my own ignorance of computer programming, I'd think that extending this apparently simply system to other resources, like food and trade goods, would certainly not be overly complex or excessively labor intensive on the part of the developers and would without question make conquest and the retention of specific territories much more dynamic. I'm sure the game will exceed our expectations, but this might be something worth considering if it hasn't already been included. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif