PDA

View Full Version : Banning Policy in Jousting Fields

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-05-2003, 11:39
I suggest, moderators themselves abstain from voting.

Shahed
06-05-2003, 11:57
Briefly:

A. Not all the moderators are impartial, and some are prejudiced.
B. The bans are justified in some cases, not all.
C. There is a need to have a more impartial, member based org structure.
D. Perhaps voting on moderators, who should be mod, whether THEY should be suspended or banned for prejudiced decisions and posts.

More to follow probably in watchtower discussion.

Shahed
06-05-2003, 11:58
Please use common sense in interpretation. I do not single anyone, express my view, and hope no one takes this personally.

CBR
06-05-2003, 12:46
Anything that stops the whining when someone do get banned for 2 weeks.

CBR

FearSimbol
06-05-2003, 12:54
Maybe if people dont get baned for personal stuff, then the other dont will be whining.....

How do you will feel CBR if you get baned here in the org cus you say to me a lot of stuff that dont like me and for example FearOfFucy is an Admin and ban you???.....

CBR
06-05-2003, 13:01
So far I have only seen people getting banned because they have insulted other people...maybe some havent been banned I dont know, I dont follow all threads and bans on this forum.

I really dont want to get involved in this but all I know is that I keep seeing old grudges appear and nearly ruins some threads and Im really starting to get tired of it.

So lets just have some clear rules about..that will most likely not stop some people from getting banned because of these deep grudges..but maybe people would just accept the bans.

CBR

Shahed
06-05-2003, 13:16
The whining serves no purpose that's for sure. As I said in another thread get with it or drop it. Like I mentioned some of the bans are justfified.

We have many different cultures and backgrounds here, and it's important to remember that what's acceptable to one is not acceptable to another. To me, abusing, and insulting is absolutely no go. I would be much harsher in enforcing civility. In this regard a total ban would be more appropriate when warnings to remain civil go unheeded.

Unfortunately there have been numerous instances I have noted, where moderators have not been impartial in judgement.

As much as I dislike to get involved in this myself, it is necessary as I visit here as often as most. It's necessary for everyone to get involved in this so we do not have these pathetic recurring issues. EDIT: we can't keep brushing this under the carpet forever.

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-05-2003, 13:30
I got never banned, I am neither a Fear nor a Mizu, I am neither a Moderator nor a Rebell http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif I have no problems if this forums is clear of personal attacks and discussions (even it become boring to Kas), but what I don´t like is the selfjudgement of a moderator. This fish stinks.

Mithrandir
06-05-2003, 15:13
Quote[/b] (SeljukSinan @ June 05 2003,05:57)]Briefly:

A. Not all the moderators are impartial, and some are prejudiced.
B. The bans are justified in some cases, not all.
C. There is a need to have a more impartial, member based org structure.
D. Perhaps voting on moderators, who should be mod, whether THEY should be suspended or banned for prejudiced decisions and posts.

More to follow probably in watchtower discussion.
I too am tired of the excessive whining and petty Paranoia among the clans.

One reply I will give :

A.Prejudiced by previous encounters/events maybe, not based on clan memberships AFAIK.
B.Depends on your thoughts on "justified", this still is a site run by volunteers, which do the best they can to keep the peace. Every case is a case on itself.
C.The "org structure" IS Member based. All Staff is chosen from members, we have Doragon,Majestic,Mizu and ronin we had Kenchi and others AFAIK.
D.This would cause fo unfair affairs.Suppose all 25 (?)SQPR would vote for Knight Yellow to become a moderator and SQPR would hate clan Raven, this would give prejudiced actions.(No offence K_Y just to give an example SQPR being the biggest clan (?))(no offence to raven either, raven being one of the smaller clans).

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-05-2003, 15:28
Zitat[/b] ]I too am tired of the excessive whining and petty Paranoia among the clans

This is not a whining of Clans. Sinan doesn´t speak for a Clan he never mentioned Clanissues in his briefing, please read his post carefully again.

I am also not speaking for a Clan, since our lovely ELITE members are not aware of the discussion going on here, it is my personal "Orguser" activity.

You Mith, are focusing yourself on the "Clans".

Instead of carrying this topic yourself, dear moderators, instead of being more userfriendly, cause it should be ur bussiness not mine, you leave us "users" alone.

The moderators are not much inspired about efforts how to make this forum more userfriendly, are they? I don´t see any constructive suggestions but flames vs those who make crtics (Tito is best example).

This fish stinks more and more.

FearofFucy
06-05-2003, 15:43
http://www.fucyuman.com/cow.gif
Hmmm what clan are you refering too with the whining???
From what I see here no one is whining just complaining..

Catiline
06-05-2003, 15:43
WE are completely receptive to ideas that make .org more user friendly. THere are however necessarily different stand points on what this entails. Our overriding aim is to maintain an amenable environment. Frankly this means on ccaisions we have to make decisions regarding the actions and posts of some users. Everyone may not agree. THat's tough. You sign up to the rules when you join.

There is no issue of any member of staff making decisions on a personal or clan basis. previous experience is going to impact on decisions that need to be made, but if it was personal criteria that was the main factor then many patrons who are still active would have been banned. They haven't been because they've not done anything wrong.

Ideally this place would run with a very gentle touch from us. ,ost of the tijme it does, but if you want a friendly environment then we have to be free to do our job as we see fit. Frankly it's not always appropriate to air all the dirty laundry in pubic, and there are things much better handled privately.

Kocmoc
06-05-2003, 16:04
i need to join gazoz in this matter.

to clear some things up....

some clans had problems in history, some didnt like each other....but u can see how we all agree about this 1 matter.

as we can find a solution, here i see jsut black-white or yes-no.

if there is a problem, we hold together
like gaz, i dont speak for my clan, i speak for my own.
some mentioned the real lifething. well, in real live i tell u the truth liek here, if someone is and idiot, i will tell him this

anyway, we need some changes here

koc

Dionysus9
06-05-2003, 16:07
We are not asking you to air all dirty laundry in public. We are asking for:

1) a statement of the rule that was broken
2) review of the facts by a panel of moderators
3) a decision by the panel of moderators which is reported to the rest of the org.

That is not too much to ask. In fact, in cases where you are severing a member of the .org from our community, I think it is actually very very little to ask.

I am not asking for a detailed list of facts and occurrences in the dispute. I just want to know what rule was broken and have more than 1 moderator verify that a rule was in fact broken. I think the accused should have a chance to defend himself before a decision is made.

I also object to you saying "If you want the .org to remain friendly then you must blindly submit to the moderators wielding their power without any public justification or pronouncement."

I was not aware that NC had even been disciplined until I heard about it on the gamespy foyer. That is just WRONG. If you are going to ban someone you should make a public proclamation. You need not "air all the dirty laundry" but just out of respect for those of us who care about what happens around here, we would like to know 1) what rule was broken, 2) that more than 1 mod agrees the punishment fits the crime.

Is that really so much to ask? And why is there so much resistance to this idea coming from the moderators?

BomilkarDate
06-05-2003, 16:17
I don't know any of the moderators personally. I do think they do a good job at least most of the time. But I have no idea about what is going on here sometimes. This is a forum by people for people, so people should know a bit more about what is going on inside the magic round thing.

We need a bit of "Glasnost" at the Org.

Enough words lost

Bomilkar

P.S.: All things said in this post are for Bomilkar only and do not have to reflect the thoughts of any other ELITE.

FearofFucy
06-05-2003, 16:31
Well this is the post NC got banned for after the warning.

Quote[/b] ]
NC
puzz- you can downplay your involment with the beta, or say the team had little effect on the game. but the facts clearly show this was not the case. i have talked with almost every member of every beta team since stw.. and there has been one consisitent report from all of them. you are overbearing and manipulitive, and in general, will not listen to others or there ideas if they stray too far from your truth. the time has come for an open beta, like simbol says filled with every kind of player. if 6 of the 9 testers were wolves or fears you would be saying the same thing.

2 weeks.

Rule

Quote[/b] ]Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged. The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs or insults adressed to an individual or a group is extremely inappropriate. Please respect etiquette at all times.

I dont see no false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy

and something else. Whats up with all the editing of Puzz3d post in the "Units tire to Fast" Topic. 11 post from Puzz3d got removed or edited on the May 23rd. Right on the time when NC got baned. All other Post after 23rd remaind.

Catiline
06-05-2003, 16:32
If people are objecting i'll join in. Nowhere did I say
Quote[/b] ]"If you want the .org to remain friendly then you must blindly submit to the moderators wielding their power without any public justification or pronouncement."

Contrary to what you seem to htink these are not actions taken lightly or indeed by one of us acting on our own. Mods can't ban anyone anyway. These bans are temporary anyweay in most cases, they designed to allow a cooling off period.

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-05-2003, 16:41
What does the thermometer reads for NC at the moment?

BomilkarDate
06-05-2003, 16:46
Its hot in summer, maybe not only NC, but some mods could need a fan too...

Dionysus9
06-05-2003, 16:50
Fair enough Cataline, sorry for the misqoute. What you actually said was:

"but if you want a friendly environment then we have to be free to do our job as we see fit."

I interpret that to mean:

"If you want the .org to remain friendly then you must blindly submit to the moderators wielding their power without any public justification or pronouncement."

I think it is a reasonable interpretation (and I really cant interpret it any other way), but I should not have put quotes around words you didn't say.

I apologize for posting clearly "innacurate" material and I await my punishment.

Gregoshi
06-05-2003, 17:05
The point about NC receiving no warning prior to his ban is incorrect. Even he recognized the warning from Tosa:

Quote[/b] ]I cant say anything else... i have been warned

but thats ok... the truth needed telling... lets see if i can get banned from gamespy for telling the truth online... its a good thing ive never signed any non discloser agreements..

Middle of page 6 (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=18;t=6995;st=125)

In that same post he mocks Tosa's authority as system admin and even "*hands tosa a chip*". That was posted on May 24 at 06:56.

NC's quote (quoted above by fucy) that got him banned is at the bottom of page 7 and was posted 31 hours later on May 25 at 14:08.

NC was warned and recognized that he had been warned, but chose to plunge onward. What is not fair about his ban?

FearofFucy
06-05-2003, 17:14
well I said after the warning ontop.

Ok tell me then why all Puzz3d Post got removed wich leads up to the banning. From what I can remember there were alot mocks in that topics. http://www.fucyuman.com/cow.gif

Skomatth
06-05-2003, 17:21
Quote[/b] ]Guys. Could all this bickering about the beta test team please stop. The purpose of the beta test team was to look for significant bugs, not minutae of balancing for hardcore MP players.
Such balancing changes as were made for the 1.1 patch were made at my discretion, and based on discussions in this forum (and the main hall), and on my own experiences playing the game online. You may or may not like them, but if the latter is the case, then I am to blame, not the beta test team.
This used to be a friendly forum. It'd be nice if it could back to being that way again.

-LongJohn

Mithrandir
06-05-2003, 17:24
Quote[/b] (Fearoffucy @ June 05 2003,11:14)]well I said after the warning ontop.

Ok tell me then why all Puzz3d Post got removed wich leads up to the banning.

http://www.fucyuman.com/cow.gif
yuuki edited out all of his own posts, reasons unknown to me (yet ?).

I know this will get me hated by patrons and staff but :
(and I dont mean it at harsh as it will sound http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif ), what would give you the right to demand a new staff ? You dont pay membership fees nor have signed a contract of some sort...

It's just a site owned by a man long gone which has asigned a staff to do the best job they can, which we try.

PS: I dont mean whining in such a harsh way either, I meant in general the last few weeks there seems to have been a massive increase in moaning about a lot of things...

This will be my last post in this. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/flirt.gif

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-05-2003, 17:38
This is my application for becoming System administrator:

LET ME DO THIS JOB PLEASE

My personal moderator team:

Masterbacchus
FearOfNC
Magyarkhan
Skull
Monsta
Kocmoc
Elmarko
Krasturak
Sinan
Imperator
FearOfFucy
Vinsitor
Kas

and last but not least

Tera http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Some of the old moderators will keep their jobs, but some will kicked off.

Any other volunteers?

I swear: You will never read something like "you are not in the position to demand something" or "if you dont like the org then leave the org" or "u dont pay a buck so shut up" and so on.

Dionysus9
06-05-2003, 17:41
Gregoshi,

Thank you very much for your information concerning the NC ban. This is the very first information I have received which suggests NC had been warned previously. If Tosa had cited those posts to begin with, this topic wouldn't have started.

I don't think most folks are saying the decision to ban NC for 2 weeks was "unfair", but just that it seems unfair because we have been kept out of the loop. I dont know if its fair or not.

I think the .org needs to formally post warnings in a disciplinary area. If there was a list of offenses where we could see them, and those offenses all led up to a ban, then I dont think we would be having this conversation.

From all that I could see, I saw NC say that Yuuki was "overbearing and manipulative" and I saw Tosa hand out a two-week suspension for that comment. I saw none of the backround info.

If Tosa had explained the history and reasoning behind the ban, things would have gone differently. If there had been a formal warning of NC where other members could see it, things would have gone smoother.

The org is big enough now that I think we need formal discipline procedures. Heck, you guys have a waiting period for new members to post and then a rather complex promotion process....there might as well be a formal method to deal with discipline-- a public procedure which we can all view to put our minds at rest.

Topic is at the Watchtower. Please contribute there. (that is a different discussion, only relating to discipline generally).

solypsist
06-05-2003, 17:41
We'll be adding this little gem to the Org rules once we get around to it:

"Publicly complaining or creating threads whining about being temporarily suspended or about someone being temporarily suspended will result in a warning and closure of the thread. Repeated offenses will be met with a temporary, 2 week ban; this is at the discretion of each forum's Moderators."\

Catiline
06-05-2003, 17:42
we have to recognise i think that the org simply isn't a democracy. staff are selected based on activity in the community and on the judgement of the existing staff and admin. We select balanced unbiased individuals. THeis means they come from a lot of different backgrounds, sP and MP, clan and Ronin. Prejudices are left at the door on those criteria, and we are expected to apply hte privileges we are given on that basis. We take action based on the rules and we take into account the prevailing feeling of the org. That is not necessarily the opinion of the most vociferous. We function on the basis that the org is a no fire zone, that applies to clan politics , beta test bitching whatever. The community is simply not just a small group of MP players afterall.

However this is a free site to which you owe nothing. As has been stated ad nauseam we do this job for free, in our own spare time. Some forums are quieter than others I've never yet had to even think seriously about pushing the warn button since that's been an option, buty in rowdier times we do want to try and keep control of things. This is not a bear pit, nor do we have to justify every decidsion we make hen there aer howls of partizanship.

Rest assured that the staff are in unison about the actions that have been taken. we won't set up kangaroo courts to satisfy the gallery, we won't start asking for witnesses and give those with an opportunity for vendettas to continue to prosecute them.

Knight_Yellow
06-05-2003, 17:47
Quote[/b] (Catiline @ June 05 2003,17:42)]We select balanced unbiased individuals.
oh dear

my hopes and dreams crushed in one sentence

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smokin.gif

Catiline
06-05-2003, 18:00
there are disappearing posts here...

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-05-2003, 18:02
Zitat[/b] ]Publicly complaining or creating threads whining about being temporarily suspended or about someone being temporarily suspended will result in a warning and closure of the thread

Hehe, I fully understand that rule. If you guillotine someone you dont want listen to his "give my head back" whining and crying, do you? I hate pangs of conscience.

FearofFucy
06-05-2003, 18:57
I deleted 1 post cus it was wrong topic.http://www.fucyuman.com/893offtopic1-thumb.gif

Got confused with my sceens.http://www.fucyuman.com/thegrey.gif

Jemasze Toda
06-05-2003, 19:38
to be honest, i certainly......

errm...i forgot what i wanted to say concerning the "policy" here at the Org.
It may be better this way, otherwise i could have been tempted to spit some angry and dirty insults on the nice and clean marble-floor.
And we like it to be clean, don't we?
Its like in the often mentioned "real life" ( i still wonder what people mean by that "real" thing, when "real" life itself is the most serious provider of the surreal and weird? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif ):

With the axis of evil all around us, we better stick close together, all hold hands and (uni-)form the vital backbone of the

TOTAL INFORMATION CONTROL PROGRAME,
(translated into german it sounde even better:
Totales Informationskontrollprogramm)

which will help us to keep the homeland safe.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

Almost kidding of course....

yours

Jemasze

FearSimbol
06-05-2003, 19:55
Ok i read the nc post again in page 6 this was he said

Quote[/b] ]

i cant say anything else... i have been warned

but thats ok... the truth needed telling... lets see if i can get banned from gamespy for telling the truth online... its a good thing ive never signed any non discloser agreements..

"I understand that this actually reads: adjust morale and attrition (?) so that units rout before they tire.

-you understand incorrectly, but not surprisingly. the idea is to make movement a viable tatic, the rout point need not be changed.

"How about this one: select units, deploy, hit escape and the units suffer near 0 fatigue."

how about it?? this is you childish statment not mine..
*hands tosa a chip*

"What's a solution for you, doesn't have to be one for others."

lol... that is so ironic.. and all this time it was mizu forcing their ideas of a perfect game on everyone else... you need to get your facts together before you came at me like that

"ReadMe(Patch v1-02).txt
Beta test group

MizuYuuki
MizuTosaInu
MizuDoc
MizuEradoSan (http://erado.totalwar.org)
Obake
Magyar Khan
Kocmoc
MizuKraellin
Terazawa

The list seems composed in random order and no conclusions can be made by studying it.

Betatesters sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. It's sad to see how far some people dare to go in harassing and baiting."

cant u read man 6 of the 9 testers were mizu since the discusion has obviously gone public.. this is the same argument that was going on during the beta ..Nothing has changed no single group should have had such a majority when game balance is at stake... and then deneying amp a spot in the beta??? AMP??? when that happened it was so clear how far things had been rigged it was pointless to try and say anything...

Edited by FearofNC on May 24 2003,02:59

That is the post of nc in the page 6 in the midle, what rule he broke here??? and i still dont know why he get warning...

If he get a warning for attack the beta team, ME and Fucy do talk about Beta team too, i post my opinion and fucy too...

And if Nc broke a Rule, stuff that i dont know, i am sure i do it and i am here and i dont get baned.....

lets see my past post... (I demand neutral acts now cus this was in the pass, and this is used to show the facts)

Quote[/b] ]Well that hapend when the beta test group is not balanced, then you got a unbalanced Game .

This si just my opinion, i think Beta Group must have all king of players, Fast player, Slows Players, Good PLayers, Bad Players, Clan players, Ronin PLayers.

A beta test is not only to trie discover a BUG. is to "TEST" game stuff, so if the besta group is only one kind of players you will have stuff in the game that do you not test.

Mizu Clan play a lot misile army, and dont like much cavs. But we the Fears love cavs, hope you see my point now

BTW i ask to join Beta Tester to Mizu, i am still waiting. And BTW i am a IT manager, so i know how to test Software. BTW i am a computer programer since my 15 years old and i have 26. So i think i could be a good Beta tester. I am wondering why i dont get in....

About Warning to Nc, apologise for my words but... THAT IS BULLSHIT it is not democracy? or this is a Comunits forum system? so i cant express the true? or what i think? comon.

About Fatigue, maybe is the same from STW, but i really think if you make a new version of a game it have to be better not same as before and few improvements, Gams could be more fun if you can rest more faster. Many times in a 4v4 games you see players waiting for rest like 10 minutes comon that is boring we like games cause they make you get fun, not wait out there for get 2 bars of stamina

that is in the page 7 at begining.. in case attack beta group is break the rule.

But i really broke the rules in here after i know nc get baned 2 weeks.

Quote[/b] ]i am just exposing my point of view to all of you and i hope this dam topic get closed by a desent moderator to make this shit stop.

Bye all, simba send a hug to all his friends.

Mo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0M0o0o0o0oMMo0o0o0o0o

this is page 9... there i broke a rule i said bad words and clain for a moderator come and close it.

So conclusions, many people broke the rule in that topic so i think or many people diserve same Rule aplied to Nc or everyone get out of jail free and topic close..

Anyway like i said i dont want fight more i am here to express myself again cus after read all Moderators opinion i am mad again.... i come vote and then CBR say some about whinps i expose what i think again, then everyone start to expose his opinions and this is what we got more moderators agains many people opinions... I dont know the solution but we need make some solution.

About NC, yes personaly and many members in our clan are mad, why? cus Nc help many people in this Borg Forum and this Borg forum have paid to him whit the worse paid some one can get, you paid to him with humillation.... That cant be acepted by us and many people are frustrated here by that.....

Nc is a rasonable man, if you talk to him in rasonable ways, maybe a second warning explaining in public why just make him stop and apologyse but not ban him and then said that he acept his ban...

http://www.fucyuman.com/cow.gif http://www.fucyuman.com/cow.gif

1dread1lahll
06-06-2003, 01:32
Ive never been banned,.... I feel left-out...

Magyar Khan
06-06-2003, 01:39
we all have our shortcommings. teh difference is that most of us can actually say sorry if they did badly wrong. its clearly Tosas shortcomming to make right decisions at teh right time, but perhaps worse he has difficulties to say sorry too.

we cant fully blame him alone, its a part of education but also his friends should help him with it.

but than on teh other hand running the org is atuf job and actually most of u/us are not worth it to spent that energy to it. so he gives a lot and takes some....

taking some is what he is allowed to but it would be nice to say sorry once in a while.

Fucyu i expect u to show us a sorry smiley http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

tootee
06-06-2003, 06:19
House cleaning. Transfer to the appropriate forum - WatchTower.

tootee
06-06-2003, 09:56
When I was 1st approached by .Org to moderate JF, I was so eager to do so. I thought it will be a chance for me to contribute to the online game I love to play most.

It will be a chance for me to faciliate people to get involved in promoting MP, improving MP, and consolidating knowledge of MP *like I did for STW in my Shogun-Academy*.
I remember taking up this position was at a time of some major conflict, but I thought.. This forum (JF) is dedicated to the MP part of MTW.. how nice.. why bother about the past. I take up this job as a moderater.. I dunno want to be a judge.

I have in all my power to close or delete threads as long as it isnt MP part of MTW, or move it to the appropriate forum. I dont even have to bother to recommend to admin to ban individuals.. I can just choose to close whatever is posted that is not MP part of MTW.

Now that nasty things are invading JF, I am getting real tired to moderate it.. as it is becoming to lose aim of what it was first set up to be. Ego is almost everything to do with all the nasty things I see, and people who have been playing TW games for a long time tend to have the biggest of ego I see. I am not bother why this.. but I hate it if JF is mess-up.. threads get hijacked and such.

I have been to casual with my moderating.. letting what shouldnt be in JF stay. As a mod of JF, a forum setup for anything MP part of MTW, with MP (multiplayers) meaning playing with multiple-players online, and nothing to do with clan-quarrel, personal-grudges, etc.., I am going to enforce a strict rule that anything having nothing to do with MP part of MTW, I may delete it, no warning no nothing.. just delete from JF.. simple.. full-stop.

Complains about the GS should be at the tech forum.
Post about Tourney, I will redirect to Barrack where it really should be *yea its tough as most of audience are in JF*.
Things to do with .org policy (like this thread), to WatchTower.

Don't complain if your thread is deleted.. if it doesnt belong there. I'm just doing my job. Any hijack of JF worthy thread.. I will edit every words out.

If you think this fish stink, I can step down for a better candidate.

I do not wish to lose a good patron like LadyAnn.

tootee
06-06-2003, 11:08
Quote[/b] (ELITEofGAZOZ @ June 05 2003,19:38)]This is my application for becoming System administrator:

LET ME DO THIS JOB PLEASE

My personal moderator team:

Masterbacchus
FearOfNC
Magyarkhan
Skull
Monsta
Kocmoc
Elmarko
Krasturak
Sinan
Imperator
FearOfFucy
Vinsitor
Kas

and last but not least

Tera http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Some of the old moderators will keep their jobs, but some will kicked off.

Any other volunteers?

I swear: You will never read something like "you are not in the position to demand something" or "if you dont like the org then leave the org" or "u dont pay a buck so shut up" and so on.
14 to moderate JF.. that will be a cool arrange. I can take a good rest then.

Tell me when you are ready to take over.

baz
06-06-2003, 11:56
he forgot tankdogg http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

ELITEofGAZOZ
06-06-2003, 12:00
Dear Tootee,

the ciritc about the banning policy has nothing to do with your moderator job, I was missinformed about the moderator power first. The topic of the vote is wrong. Not the moderators are the problem but how the system administrator deals with offensive posts.

From what I can read, noone has any problems with what u r doing, Tootee, missinformation lead to missunderstandings.

To be clear: Tootee I am fine with you, no critics at all. It is NOT THE GOLDFISH which stinks. I understand, what your are doing. Cleaning the house is ok and fine. No objections at all.

Since yesterday I am aware of the fact, that banning is only an issue of administrating the forum. We have to focus the critic on Tosa.

The other problem: How some moderators deal with critics.

Concerning my application. You should know, that my application is not serious but ironical. It is an objection to all arguments of the stuff who treat us like feeded dogs. "You get feeded, so shut up"

My reply: "Please let me feed you and you shut up"

This arrogance shown in some, I clearly say "SOME", posts of moderators is not acceptable.

There is no reason to treat us like dumb consumers. Read my "moderators" list. This persons are all community members and they did much more for this community than Mr. Tito will ever do. Mr. Tito should learn first, that this "org house" is just a house in a village, which is built by all members of the community. Before we leave the house, he should leave this village first

But in fact, I don´t wish a moderator against users discussion. This is not my problem.

But I am wondering, why the moderators/administrators don´t jump on this thread with more enthusiasm? Why is there not an open discussion? Why do I feel, some moderators are just defending their own reputation? You can´t gain reputation, by defending your mistakes with arguments. Confess and promise to do it better and you gain all the reputation you deserve Why can´t you resolve the issue masterfully, by making better banning rules, by suggesting it at your own?

Learn from Krasturak, our CWB master referee, he solves problems even if he is under harsh critic. Maybe Krast starts a seminar about "How to become a souvereign leader?"

PS: I am tired about the "I am tired about the..." posts, cuz the the arguments we are typing in here could be discussed in real life within 15 minutes, but this forum needs allways days for an issue, and if you write something it looks like you make a mountain out of a moulhill, but thats not the fact, thats not the fault of the clans or mp players, thats the disadvantage of the media FORUM, in real life we would discuss 5 minutes and forget it 15 minutes later. But discussions in forums take always days.

You have to read the opinion of everyone (in real life they would speak at the same time and u d just listen to one of them).

You have to wait hours till you ge a reply (very lame), so you are to busy with a simple issue in ur mind. In real life you d get the reply immediately.

Flames arguments and discussions take always so long in this forum. Thats not because the community is rough, no because every shit in the forum looks like a top headline in a cheap boulevard magazine.