PDA

View Full Version : The Glorious Reigns of the Kings of England

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 20:59
The story begins here with Herodotus:

I have had a great idea. I will start a new game as the English, and play it until the King dies, then I will let someone else play as the second king and so on. I think it will put an extra spin on the game as everyone will behave more like real kings (they want to accomplish everything in there own time). Is anyone keen? If you are leave your name here.

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:01
The reign of Herodotus:

As for the story of my reign, it lasted a short 14 years. I built farming improvements and mines and a port in Wessex, I fought the French with initial outright success, they fought back taking the important province of Aquataine (which was devoid of spearmen and could not be saved in time) and ?Lorraine? (not an important province anyway).

The counterattack came swiftly, my favourite son William the III (along with his brave brother) was sent to lead the attack on Flanders. It was a do or die situation. The English mainland veterans needed command and reinforcements which they were cut off from as long as Flanders was French.

The victory was a sound one, the French were cutt off from retreat and after recieving no ransom they were slaughtered, giving my son a bad name ever more. English veterans and fresh recruits poured toasts to their Great Warrior Prince. The reality however was that the score had merely been evened; France had lost its great investment in Flanders and England, in Aquataine.

I then set about consolidating the small hold that we still held on the mainland by building forts and recruiting spearmen from Wessex. It was then that I died preparing for a fresh invasion still building up the economy all the while. I left a treasury of about 6000 florins a solid economical foundation and an Heir who was respected, feared and married.

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:03
And here is the King on his deathbed speaking to his son:

[cough], [cough] Son thou hath fought bravely against the heathen French under mine supreme command. Continue that fight, regain our lands that the dogs have torn from us. A ceasefire may be in thy interest for the immediate future, but forget not thou brother's death and thou valiant [cough] effort to save his [cough], [cough] body at Normandy. [cough] Revenge.......

(Image is duplicate of another in ShadesWolf's post but it does show the map at the end of Herodotus' reign)

Map on the death of Herodotus
http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1101map.gif

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:06
ShadesWolf was next and did an excellant job with posting his reign:

## THE REIGN OF WILLIAM III (1101 - 1131) ##
King of England and France

In the Year of our lord 1101, ShadeWolf came to the thrown, from hence forth he would be known as William III - King of England.

William was a great warrior and showed no mercy to his enemies. He cut his teeth on the war with France. As a young Prince he won his spurs on the invasion of Flanders.

http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/kingwilliam3.gif http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1101vices.gif

It was a troubled time, his father the great king, had been at war with the old enemy - France, initially the war had gone well, but the years before his death saw the empire reduced to Normandy, the Land of his forefather 'The Conqueror' and the new land of Flanders.

Map of the empire as William III comes to the thrown 1101
http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1101map.gif

Flanders was an important province for England; it was a landbridge to the mainland, this would allow fresh troop to flood into Europe and defend the empire.......The province of Flanders was a rich land, full of traders. This would bring money to the empire. William set about building trade centres, ports and advanced farmland. The key to any successful campaign was money. Money would allow the young king to recruit mercenary soldiers, who were far better than the native soldiers that could be trained in the empire.

War and victory was in the blood of this young Norman. To fulfill his destiny William knew he must eliminate the French threat. Aquataine must once again be under English rule. This is an important location as it in rich in tradable resources......

William could not help but notice, that a number of French provinces were very weakly defended - Brittany, Ile de France, Anjou etc. The French king was located in Aquataine with a large army. Watching the borders with Spain and Aragon.

William wasted no time in sending emisaries to a number of European powers (inc Spain and Aragon), to request marriages or alliances. He also launched minor invasions into Brittany, Ile De France and champagne.
The idea here was two fold:
- it would put the French on the back foot, and if successful would reduce their income.
- But also to let the French King and the rest of Europe see that he was a power not to be messed with.

By continuing to attack French land, their king would not have enough men to defend his southern or easterm borders, and with any luck they would be invaded by another nation seeing how weak the French position one also.

Phase 1 of the conquest of France was successful. Very little resistance was found in Brittany or Champagne. The French retreated without an arrow being fired. In Ile-de-France, it was a different story. The local duke gathered up his castle militia, with some peasants and a few archers and met the invading English army in the north of the province at a bridge following over a large river. The French army outnumbered the English by at least three to one.

The English army, however, was madeup of spearmen, Longbowmen, from wales and a few horsemen. The English setup a defensive position on the far side of the river. The French believing there superior numbers would win the day, powered over the bridge, in their hundreds. Three units of spearmen engaged the enemy at the bridge. The archers took up position on a ridge overlooking the bridge and rained down there arrows on the trapped French army. It became a route.....

http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/firstmajorvictory.gif

The French army ran for there lives, and the English army had won the day. The remaining French retreated to the castles in Paris, being chased by the victorious English. The army setup camp and laid siege to the great city.

The French king shocked by the easy defeat and the loss of income, split his army and simultaneously invaded Brittany and Ile-de-France. The army in Brittany put up a good fight, but being outnumbered, finally retreated to Normandy. The English force in Ile-de-France seeing they were terribly outnumbered also retreated to Normandy. The French king then ordered his reserves in Brittany to re-inforce the garrison in Anjou. Leaving a small garrison in Ile-de-France, he also marched to Anjou.

On seeing the French kingdoms weakness an emissary arrived in the King of England court in London offering an alliance. William instructed that the alliance should be accepted before leaving with a new army to Flanders.

Many mercenary units hearing of the wars between England & France arrived in Normandy at the Inns, hoping to see some action. Williams recruited a number of these, and then with his new armys invaded Brittany, Ile-De-France and Anjou. The king of Aragon, seeing that Toulouse was undefended, invaded. The war was short and the French king retreated to Aquataine lossing all four provinces. The Englsih King followed him and laid siege to his last remaining province.

A few year passed, and finally the castle fell, the King of France was executed and thus ended the Kingdom of France, from hence forth, the provinces, of France would now be part of England. And William and his child would be crowned King of the Kingdom of England and France.

William quickly set about improving the trade and income in all provinces, and building a great navy to rule the seas. He also managed before his death to conquer the provinces of Scotland and Ireland and add both of these to his kingdom. It would be a few years, though, until these lands were fully under English Rule.

In the year 1131, he died of illness, while returning to his capital in London.

More info to follows

The king is dead, long live the king

brief desc
TIMELINE
1101 King William III comes to the thrown at the age of 27.
1117 The war with France has ended; there king and all his heirs have been killed. The French Faction is finally removed. You restore your ancestor's empire
1125 Ireland is added to the empire
1129 Scotland is added to the empire
1131 King WilliamIII dies of illness.

http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1127fewyearsb4death.gif http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1127vices.gif

William died of illness in the year of our Lord 1131. He will be remembers as a powerful leader, with great influence. He was a great warrior and showed no mercy is conquering France. He achieved his destininy in reuniting the two kingdoms under English rule. He will also be remembered for conquering the barbaric Scots and troublesome Irish.

William was not a warlike monarch, he will also be know as a charismatic leader and a Magnificent builder. He was responsible for turing England into a great trading nation, he set down the foundations for a great navy that would rule the waves and bring trade in from all over the med.

Map of the empire on the death of William III 1131
http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1131map.gif http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1127livingfamily.gif

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:08
Ryttare was next and reigned as Edmund III:

I came to the throne in the year of 1131. England was rich but the military had taken some heavy losses from my father's war with the french.

This is what the kingdom looked like when I came to the throne:
http://www.shadesmtw.com/graphics/1131map.gif

I begun to build up the military force, the finances were doing great and the fleet was very impressive.
To give my generals some experience, I attacked the north lands thinking it would be an easy victory. Norway fell instantly but the Swedes were too strong with their hordes of Teutonic Knights. So instead of taking Sweden I lay my assault on our former allies, the Danes. The battle was quick and painfull for the danes, since they had nothing but cavalry and I used spear units. They stood with no real chance and the king was slain by my general, one of the princes.

They year after the fall of Denmark, the Swedes (rebels) attacked my army of spearmen with their vikings. They were everywhere and my soldiers fleed leaving their general in the heat of battle without no support. Needless to say, the prince was slain trying to defend his father's regions. The routers where chased down and executed, since I did not pay for the release of the cowards that left the prince alone on the battlefield.

Sweden and Denmark, held by the rebels, did not fall until the year of 1147 when my boosted northen army where 3 times as many.

The many years which my northern greatest army had faught the vikings, my southern army had been dueling the Aragonese. Their units were weak but had the advantage of terrain. They were almost as unbeatable as the Swedes, but after sieging the last aragonese castle for years, I finally laid the assault. It was the same year as I regained Denmark (1147) and my soldiers broke through the walls easily, slaying the king on the spot.

By now the kingdom of england was big enough, i were planning on only laying small crusades to the holy land.
But a civil war breaks out in germany and the HRE loses almost half their land. As a warrior and opportunist, I see my chance to expand to central Europe. I advance slowly to the east, destroying all the armies opposing me. By the year of 1162 I have sieged almost all the HRE after killing the rebels and declaring war with the Emperor.

I also sent a crusade to sicily, the city fell in the year of 1156.

I hope my heirs can keep the kingdom intact and perhaps even expand. Remember my name sons.

The kingdom of England after my reign.
http://w1.340.telia.com/~u34019556/inte%20hemsida/1170.gif

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:11
Chilling's reign as King Richard I:

Richard rose to be King of England, he was hardly a man know for his womanising, managing to produce a single heir who matures a scant 4 years before his death.

He started on a great program of public works. Farmland throughout the kingdom was improved. Seeing the opportunity to increase his income further his trading fleet was expanded. Trade routes stretched as far as the Easter Mediterranean Seas. The kingdom finally got the protection from enemy agents with the training of our own assassins that protect our boarders. Many assassins from the Italian and HRE factions have had their letters of introduction, shall we say, erased.

Generally many factions are allied to ours with only the Spanish and HRE clinging to the last vestiges of war. Many attempts to gain a ceasefire from the respective kings were made, but to no avail. It was with sadness that we had to sit and watch the Alomhad tide sweep across Greater Spain. Forces were dispatched to our most Southern provinces, lest this tide would sweep us away too. As time turned it came to pass that both the Spanish and HRE Kings were left with only a single province to call a kingdom.

The years rolled quietly by England was acclaimed for its technological advancement and riches beyond compare.

In the year 1190 Peace was shattered.

The Spanish king, seeing his position was impossible agreed peace terms. The very next year he marched upon Aquitaine from Navarre. The king was killed and the Spanish kingdom flew into anarchy. The rebels were quickly persuaded to lay allegiance to the English crown. This brief war caused unrest around Europe, many alliances were broken. In the year 1193 The HRE King, taking advantage of this unrest is tempted into claiming Swabia. This comes at the same time as the Italians staking a claim over Tyrolia. The Italian action was widely coordinated with attacks on shipping in the Mediterranean and the capture of Sicily.

To counter.

The southern Armies of England were sent to middle Italy. Finding it poorly defended Genoa was taken without a fight. It seems the Italians are stretching their resources with their executive action. The HRE king makes a quick exit leaving his army besieging Swabia.

Armies throughout England are poised…

1195 The King dies…

http://www.chilling.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/richardI.JPG

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:17
Alrowan's reign was prodigious. King Edmund IV will certainly be known as the expansionist King. I love how he died before he could reconquer Scotland. Shades of Longshanks there. Edmund IV's reign:

Was there ever a king so great?? Never. King Edmund IV of the great English realm was a man who sought to make his mark on history, and that he did. When he asumed the throne in the year of our lord 1195, he was best on all sides by enemies. His forefathers had handed him a realm that was vast, yet backward and un-furnished. The treasury was full, but the lands were empty, and industry low. Another of the problems left to him was the enemies to his east and south. The Holy Roman Empire was a constant thorn in his fathers side, and the Moors in spain crowded on the border, looking for the time to attack. Italy sat in the alps as well, preying on the english warbands.

The first mighty task that Edumnd would do, would make a theme for his kingdom. He relieved the siege of Swabia, and would relieve the siege of his empire. The Holy Roman empire did not last long fater to say the least, but colapsed 3 years later, the Emperors head on a pikestaff. It would serve as warning to those who dared take the king on. Burgundy was the other problem for the young english king. Controlled by the might of italy, it took three proviences to guard the one, so taking a gamble, Edmund sent off his finest generals to dispose og the pesky provience, and emptied the three grarisons.

The victory was swift, and the provience delivered. Now with secure borders, Edmund set up his greatest feat. He began a mighty work across the empire, upgrading taining facilities, and incorperating the use of knights in the realm. Soon great warhosts were raised, and sent south into spain, to keep the alamohads in check. Thus a war of atrition began, each empire sitting and waiting. While this waiting went on, Edmund grew restless, began to raid across the alps, and soon he conquered the prime of Italy... Venice. This was a more than great victory, as it saw the last of italy on his land borders, a great feat indeed. Seeing thier Itallian cousins on the back foot, the scillians, ever eager against thier brothers forged an alliance with England, though only simbolic, it gave the English King much pleasure, as he was not alone in the world.

An uneasy peace settled over the kingdom, but while attempting to forge a new alliance with the poles, he was betrayed, and the polish armies crossed into franconia, and attempted an invasion... folly indeed. So enraged by this hostile action, Edmund, sent off his new armies to set the poles into place, and that he did, conquering thier realm in a short 4 years. Edmund then looked upon his empire and was not satisfied. He needed his own citadel to command from, so set about building a great citadel in Wessex. While this citdel was in construction, word came from the north that the ever wretched scotts had rebbelled. Thinking it only a small task to put down this rabble, Edmund himself led and army of 1000 men at arms vs the clansmen. He thought his steel and armour would win the day, but he was mistaken. His cowardly men ran from the filed leaving Edmund and his bodyguard to face the horde... needless to say, his bodyguards were overcome, and edmund escaped with his life. This forever would leave him scarred, and he plotted his vengance against the scotts in his high tower, overcome with drunkeness.

His plotting soon would be distracted though, as it seemed every enemy king was in alegiance against him, with the treacherous hungars destroying his adriattic fleet. Still fuming from his loss to the scotts, he rained his wrath upon the poor wretches, leaving no enemy soldier alive. Only a year after gaining peace in the east, the west called again, the Alamohads were desperate for all of spain. Edmund with his advisers began to devise a mighty plan, which would see his newly developed Chivalric troops to face the Moorish infidels. Not trusting the church and starting a crusade, Edmund turned to his new weapon... longbows. After a campagin of 10 years, and some of the most fierce battles yet, Edmunds armies marched upon the last Moorish fort in spain at Granada, there he besieged the place, and lay a slughter there that would forver instil fear in the moors.

Later that year, he marched into morroco, and africa, destroying the ast moorish stronghold, and burning the wretched sultan. It was in this year too that an illness fell upon the king. It would be some years to his death, but knowing it wouldcome, he refused to let it take him. He set about one great final task before he died, and that was to deal with the pesky dons. Corsica and Sardinia were taken with ease, then the king personally led an invasion into the Itallian holdings in the Balkans. He was victorous at greece, serbia and everywhere, but on the eve of his final invasion to naples and sciliy, his illness got the better of him, and he died pale and forlorn, leaving the realm to one of his two pathetic sons... each who could never bear as much sway as he, or command such influence.

(Editor's note: Barocca hosted Alrowan's map of the world at the time of Edmund's death.)

The Kingdom upon the tragic death of Alowran aka Edmund IV of England
http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_alowran_map.gif

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:23
Simon Appleton was next and he took a different approach to the posting of his reign. He writes well:

On his 50th birthday, in the year of our Lord 1231, King Stephen I awoke with a scream. The air lay heavy in his darkened room in the dank Scottish fort. His lover, Lady Marianne, wife of Sir Thomas Courcy, was sleeping fitfully by his side. But there, at the foot of his bed, sat the malevolent shade of his drunken father.

What? Aren't you dead yet? cursed the spirit.

King Stephen opened his mouth but no sound came forth, save a strangled squeak like that from a panicked mouse snared in the jaws of a well-fed house cat. Finally, he muttered:

But I have only been on the throne for three years.

Ha In that time, I had wiped out four factions and conquered Western Europe, his father retorted. This seemed a slight exaggeration, but Stephen inwardly confessed that so far time appeared to crawl slowly in his short reign by comparison to the frenetic pace of life under his father.

Report snarled the spectre of the dead king.

Well, father, as you can see, I have avenged your defeat. Scotland is ours again. Stephen offered with a mix of hope and surprising bravado. The conversation had a feel of unreality and already the two had slipped back into the ritualised exchanges they had indulged in for nearly half a century. Stephen knew from bitter experience that to fail to stand up to his overbearing father meant only that the boot would be ground more harshly into his face.

Pah dismissed the phantom. What a son I have bred On his coronation, he seizes Scotland in a glorious victory over a rabble of peasants; only to lose it again the following year in his haste to return to his mistress in London. The blurred, luminous green eyes of the dead king rested on the sleeping Lady Marianne. I see that you have solved that problem the second time round.

Stephen ignored the jibe, his still dazed mind drifting back to the two Scottish battlefields that had marked his entry onto the world stage. In the first, he had led an army of 1500 men against 1700 Scottish rebels. It was true, as his father had claimed, that the majority of the rebels had been simple folk, untrained or equipped for battle. But they were brave, well-led with no possibility of retreat, seasoned with fierce clansmen and spearheaded by Light Infantry, smuggled into the highlands by his hated enemy, the Italians. (What exactly was light about the well armoured Italian spearman had so far eluded the distinctly non-martial King). The battle had opened with an archery duel, his arbalesters easily besting the shortbows of the few highland archers. Then the Italian light infantry, backed by highlanders, had smashed into his right flank. For a time, his chivalric sergeants had wavered and the Scots launched a general offensive across the battlefield. Despite his reputation as a weak attacker, the new King had moved to the crisis point of the battle, offering what moral support he could and more importantly directing a flanking charge by a band of feudal knights. At the epicentre of the battle, the enemy buckled while elsewhere the Scottish peasants were predictability routed. The only untoward aspect of the battle was the surprise appearance of campfollowers and stragglers from the Scottish baggage train in the rear of the English right flank, who did some violence to Stephen's precious longbowmen before he was alerted to the danger and drove them off. It was a somewhat ignominious start to his career on the battlefield, with the whole engagement costing him the lives of 372 men. The enemy had lost 1085 dead, 535 taken, with Stephen taking some satisfaction in his personal retinue accounting for 133 of the rebels.

But how much more ignominious had been the aftermath of that battle Wishing to appear a merciful king, Stephen had released all the rebel prisoners and hastily departed for London with the bulk of his army, leaving the siege of Edinburgh castle to a contingent under one of his lieutenants. Despite the defeated Scottish nobility professing complete loyalty to the King, the province once again rose up in rebellion after the main English army left and a second rebel army of 1700 men, stiffen once again by a covert Italian expeditionary force, mustered to renew their uprising.

Stephen had halted his army at Stamford bridge and turned it round to force march back to the Edinburgh just in time to oppose the rebel attempt to lift the siege of the castle. This had been a battle more to Stephen's taste. Although by repute a weak attacker, he had no similar handicap when arraigning his forces in defensive formation on a slope. The composition of his army had been ideally suited to such an engagement. The frontline had consisted of stout chivalric spearmen; the second, arbalesters and longbowmen. In the third line had stood his siege train, hastily constructed and brought in from around Europe (Stephen silently cursed his father for omitting such an essential component of his armies; in the darkened room, the old ghost stirred slightly from the seeming drunken reverie into which it had temporarily sunk.) On the flanks were feudal men-at-arms while the rear had included a band of feudal knights and one of hobilars. The engagement had been a straightforward affair. Crashing boulders and waves of missile fire had dented to the Scottish infantry, but nonetheless they had closed with the English first line and worked considerable violence upon it, the Italian Light Infantry again giving a good account of themselves. It was only when Stephen had launched counterattacks on first the left flank and then the right that the rebels had buckled; a charge of feudal knights into the rear of the enemy again proving decisive. Wary of a repeat of the previous battle's unfortunate episode with Scottish reinforcements, Stephen had been more alert this time and halted his infantry from the pursuit, leaving his horse to run down the fleeing rebels and bring him their captured leader. Deprived of the element of surprise they had enjoyed in the first battle, the rabble of rebels belatedly arriving on the battlefield had made little impression. Demoralised by a lack of leadership, they had fled after enduring only a few volleys of missile fire and were duly cut down by the English horse. Stephen had ended the day having lost 197 souls, but having killed 989 rebels and captured 737. Despairing of ever being relieved, the rebels in Edinburgh had opened the city gates and threw themselves on the mercy of the English king. His patience somewhat stretched, Stephen had once again offered them all a pardon but inwardly vowed that any further rebellions would face swift justice.

In the darkened bedroom, Stephen turned from his thoughts to look back at the pale figure of his dead father. The spectre was sitting, bottle in hand, in an armchair; head drooping onto its shoulder and eyelids closed. God is merciful, mused Stephen, to have at least granted his father the same release after death that he had so sought in life.

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:24
Simon Appleton (Stephan I) continued:

My lord, King Stephen, leader of the great English Empire, may I introduce to you, Herodotus, learned scribe from Alexandria proclaimed the herald.

Stephen watched the portly Greek waddle into the Court with bemused affection. Herodotus was famous throughout the West for his worldly travels and outlandish ideas. Some say he taught that life was but a game with a baton being passed from player to player through the generations. Stephen thought it was probably a mistake to grant the curious scholar an audience. He hailed from Egypt, England's main rival for power and undoubtably benefited from the Sultan's patronage. He was even rumoured to be a double agent acting also for the Roman Empire, on account of his Greek blood. But somehow, after the nightmarish apparition of the other night, Stephen felt compelled to give a public account of his first early years. (Herodotus had indicated that the interview would be transmitted throughout the world, although Stephen thought this idea far too fanciful.) Moreover, a conversation was a two-way exchange and Stephen hoped to learn more of the ominous events taking place far in the East.

After the usual formalities and pleasantries, the interview began in earnest.

I wonder how your majesty found the state of the great English Empire, on his ascension to the throne after his sorely missed father, may he rest in peace?, intoned Herodotus solicitously.

Some chance of the old devil resting in peace, thought Stephen remembering the visitation of the previous night. My father is doomed to wander the earth re-fighting conflicts old and new, he had concluded.

I saw the Empire was indeed vast and unrivalled in power, offered Stephen.

But...? queried the presumptuous Greek.

But the people were labouring under the cruellest taxes. Not levied by my dear father, may he rest in peace, possible as long as that incorporeal bottle keeps being refilled, chuckled Stephen, But by his faceless agents - callous calculating machines, automata without care for life or joy, who squeezed the poor until they were at breaking point. I viewed the revolt in Scotland as an omen, a sign that God would punish the Empire and rend it from within unless it turned from greed.

Most far-sighted and generous of you, your majesty commented Herodotus. But surely that left a most inconvenient shortfall in the Royal exchequer?

Watch it, thought Stephen, this information may be useful for the Greek's backers, whoever they may be:

My plan is to sponsor merchants to set up business in our coastal territories and to tax their lucrative trades, rather than the peasants working the soil, Stephen replied, but it was true his gold reserves had fallen precipitously from around 50000 florins to nearer 35000 in three short years.

Now he looked sharply at the rotund scholar, his piercing stare trying to communicate directly with the man's supposed sponsors:

This strategy, of course, depends on the continued goodwill of my friends, the esteemed Egyptian Sultan and the true Roman Emperor. War would be a disaster for all concerned, wrecking all chance of mutual prosperity.

Here Stephen smiled inwardly at the thought of the Egyptian Sultan lauding himself in Constantinople, while the so-called Roman Emperor wandered the steppes of Eastern Europe in a second exile. If it came to war, he would far rather it were the lightly armed Egyptians who were the more powerful, rather than the Romans with their legendary leaders, fearsome kataphractoi and awesome Varangian Guard. The cornerstone of Stephen's diplomacy was to be deterrence - averting war with either the Roman Empire or Egypt in order to allow sufficient trade income to fund the investment needed to develop his vast lands. To that end, he had ordered his long Eastern borders with the Romans to be reinforced and decreed that no trade ship should travel in waters shared by the potentially piratical Egyptians without a precautionary escort.

I have no wish to paint the map of Europe red. continued Stephen, before warning: Although I dare say, it would be well within the capabilities of my successors to do so should they choose. But no, my own rule shall be one of peaceful consolidation.

Most merciful Herodotus nodded unctiously, And wise, from such a legendary warrior. Stephen bristled: by God, this man was insufferable, with his scarcely veiled sarcasm

But the Italians, my Lord, they continue to vex you greatly? Herodotus pursued, recklessly.

It was true, Stephen had not the stomach for his father's ruthless policy of total war. The Pontiff had called Stephen's bluff, threatening him with excommunication unless he desist from his assault on the perfidious Italians. For a moment, Stephen - a man who scarcely pretended to have faith - had considered risking excommunication. For where were the Catholic nations who would heed the Pontiffs calls for crusades to punish the unbeliever? The French? Wiped out by King William III. The Danes and the Aragonese? Now forgotten victims of Edmund III. The Spanish? Gone, at the hands of King Richard. The Germans, Hungarians, Poles and Moors? All hunted down mercilessly by the vengeful King Edmund IV. Stephen shuddered as he considered the remorseless rise of his predecessors and the ruthlessness with which they had wiped out so many royal dynasties. His world somehow seemed emptier and poorer for their passing. Don't lament their passing too much, an inner voice told him, or they too may reappear to haunt you.

For his part, King Stephen had ordered his forces to storm the Italians besieged in Sardinia and Greece. The fortress at Sardinia had fallen at a terrible cost in English lives due to the absence of siege equipment, but the thought of the rebellion in Scotland and similar recurrences elsewhere stayed Stephen's hand from further blows and the prospect of excommunication. Ironically, the Pope had died the year after his excommunication threat - was that my father's doing? Stephen wondered, imagining the reaction of the frail and aged Pontiff to a visitation from the shade of the blasphemous inebriated old English King.

I wish only to separate our forces, to give time for cooler heads to prevail and peace to be restored. pronounced Stephen serenely, inwardly cursing the Italians for launching warships that had sunk an English fleet even as it departed the Italian territorial waters around Sicily.

Your majesty is indeed a pious man chanced Herodotus. Stephen suspected the Greek knew full well the scurrilous rumours that he wished to break from the Church in order to annul both his own marriage to a horse-faced English girl (could not his father have found him an exotic foreign princess?) and the bothersome marriage of his beloved Lady Marianne to Sir Courcy, first cuckold of the English Empire.

I humbly admit I have ordered churches to be erected in every province. Stephen pronounced. Although a man without a shred of piety, Stephen had been shocked by the absence of churches, even in favoured recruiting grounds, on his accession to power. Would not a man fight more bravely, believing in a glorious reward in an afterlife? For himself, after last night's encounter, Stephen heartily wished the dead remained rotting in the earth. But the prospect of further uprisings such as that in Scotland terrified him. If potential rebels could be assuaged with promises of a better life in the hereafter, he was damn well going to see they were so assuaged. Failing that he was going to recruit a legion of spies to pick out the troublemakers. Perhaps he should start by recruiting Herodotus, he mused, watching the cherubic Greek smiling serenely at him.

But Stephen was growing bored of this conversation and now impatiently turned to the Greek with the matter weighing heavier on his mind than even the awful burden of his father's legacy:

Tell me, learned scribe, what news from the East?

It seemed as if a chill wind swept through the old castle, as Herodotus paused to compose his words.

It is true what they say on the streets, your majesty, a terrible horde has descended on the Roman Empire, devouring all its in path.

Yes, yes, any fool knows that Stephen thought crossly. He had even sent Princess Matilda into the eye of the storm in Khazar. She had not been amused, to escape the knife of a Roman assassin only be sent to observe the tens of thousands of barbarians sweeping over the frontier of Christendom. I wonder if I can marry her off to the fellow leading those chaps? Stephen mused before taking pity on his much put upon sister. He stared, silently at Herodotus, as if to demand: tell me something useful, little man, and justify wasting my time.

Herodotus knew that he had to offer something to warrant this precious interview and so sat up self-importantly:

Great king, even now, the terrible Khan sleeps in Kiev.

Stephen also sat up, as if having been lashed again by his harsh father. Kiev? That was only one step from his border in the East. His spies had observed the army of the exiled Roman Empire and revealed it to be a sham, composed mainly of a ragbag of conscripted yokels armed with little more than pitchforks. They would not provide an obstacle for the massed heavy cavalry and horse archers of the Great Khan. What was worse, with its recent losses in battle and the squeeze imposed by the loss of tax revenue, the English army now was considerably smaller than when he had inherited it a mere three years ago.

The wind again wailed through the castle and Stephen thought that perhaps he could again hear his father's scornful laugh echoing around the keep.

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:26
The terminus of Simon Appleton's reign:

The chambermaid shuffled into the stuffy marquee. Lady Marianne had told her to get the letters at all costs and the chambermaid had only kept her privileged position at the Royal Court by obeying Lady Marianne in all things.

Even under the cover of the tent, the heat was stifling. No wonder the poor King had seized up and fallen silent so suddenly this eve. Still, she thought that at age 64, King Stephen had no grounds for complaint.

Well, perhaps only one: that he had not had a chance to see his only son grow into honourable manhood. What kind of leader the boy would have made, the chambermaid could not fathom but he must surely surpass the new King, Stephen's brother Henry. Henry was strange, spending his years locked away unmarried in a castle in Toulouse. He was known to engage in animated conversations when no person was around. When questioned, he claimed to be talking to the plants yet there were whispers that he was tormented by the restless spirit of his father, King Edmund IV. But however otherworldly the poor man seemed, it was unlikely that he would act only as Regent and instead was widely expected to reign on until he too left this world.

The chambermaid approached the old King's bed. Despite the suddenness of his death, he lay, eyes closed, oddly calm but sad; like a sombre child who has enjoyed his day but now sees from the darkening skies that it must end.

He had not been a bad sort, the chambermaid mused. Under his reign, taxes had been cut to manageable levels and indeed been ploughed back into the land, rather than fighting pointless wars. Ports throughout the English Empire bustled with the most developed trading network possible, although it was true that there were precious few trading partners left to do business with. Every province had a church and resident priests roomed the highways, passing on the good word from market town to sleepy hamlet. A magnificent builder, a magnificent steward and a trader, they used to call the old King.

The chambermaid spotted the small chest under the King's bed, but as she crouched down, she was startled by the noise of swiftly moving heavy steps. The knight was in the room before she could stand. He eyed her kneeling form suspiciously, but while opening his mouth to utter a challenge or rebuke, he paused. Perhaps the weary warrior recognised that fright on the poor woman's face was lined with duty, not greed. Perhaps he thought the old King unworthy of too much protection in death.

I wanted to see him; said the knight, To be sure.

The chambermaid noted the exhaustion on the man's face.

Sire, were you on the battlefield today? she inquired.

Aye he said, The desert does not need the setting sun to redden it this eve.

Was it as bad as they say? the chambermaid asked, feeling affection for this tired and thoughtful warrior.

Madam, you have never seen a more noble host as England summoned today. Chivalric sergeants who endured the mass of singing arrows of the infidels and marched on stolidly as the enemy's horses swept in and out, cutting up their formations but never breaking them. Who suffered the axes of those mighty warriors from Abyssinia...

He raised his head and looked into her eyes:

They will say the day was won by the charge of the late King and his small escort. Well, I'll not be denying it. I was at his side when we slew the Abyssinians and even took the life of the brave Egyptian general himself. But the price, madam, the price.

The battle of Tunis had been a close run thing. More Englishmen died in the attack than Egyptians. The army had been left exhausted on the field, reduced to half strength. But, by some mercy, the Egyptians had not pressed the battle and none of the many fresh enemy troops available had come to counter-attack. Perhaps it was the death of their general that had broken their spirit. The infidel died well, thought the knight, recalling the lone crescent banner fluttering for what seemed like an eternity amongst a sea of vengeful Englishmen.

The King had chosen to lead the battle himself, despite having delegated earlier defensive engagements in Algeria and the siege of Constantinople to far more able, indeed legendary English commanders. They say he wanted to prove himself to his son; perhaps part of him knew that this battle would be his last opportunity. Well, he had his costly victory and now England had taken the first steps towards finishing this war, begun by reckless Egyptian piracy.

News of the fall of Constantinople had arrived too late to reach the king before he passed away. There was a long road still to travel, but the knight was confident that it was a sure one. Even the Mongol horde, now dominant in the eastern lands beyond the English territories seemed a manageable threat. No doubt they would strike sooner or later, but they had dallied so long and still maintained peaceful relations, the knight felt confident England would rise to their challenge.

For all his passivity and vanity, the dead King had not left a bad inheritance, the knight mused.

Take the letters the knight told the chambermaid. Tell my wife, Lady Marianne, that her secret and the King's dies with him.

(Editor's note: Barocca also hosted This image.)
The Kingdom upon the tragic death of Simon Appleton aka King Stephen of England
http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_simon_map.gif

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:31
Next up was HopAlongBunny as Henry I. Too bad that he was the King's brother. It made his reign a short one:

Henry I, did ascend the throne in 1248 AD.

With some trepidation and a host of advisors (seen and unseen) did I view what was before me. A wonderful campaign of advanced agriculture and husbandry had been started by my forebearer. Our forces were deployed to provide discomfort to the pagan Horde as well as continue war against the infidel. My only worry was the lack of an adequate minisrty to carry the Word to Infidel and Pagan alike.

The Italians did make war upon us in 1249. Their fleets were sunk and we satisfied ourselves with this small measure of vengance. The Pope was of course displeased, and we did not wish to cause his Holiness further pain.

The agricultural revolution started before my time was continued. The rich fields of Spain and Constantinople were developed; a process which will give us much benefit in the future.

Tunsia fell to our forces in 1251. This has bestowed not only rich lands but tradesmen most skilled in the manufacture of spears. Well and good For our troops needed replenishment, and I suspect the billmen produced here will equal our finest from Mercia for some while.

Just prior to my demise the people of Tuscany did take up the cross. I was amazed by the zeal displayed by these good men and swore that we should march to Antioch To this end were some light troops developed and staged in Tunis, alas that more preparation could not be made.

You may puzzle how this, a recap of my life and times, appears in the present tense. There are some advantages to being strange. (Editor's note: Henry I died in 1252)

Here's the end of Hopalong's reign

http://www.chilling.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Henry.jpg(hosted by Chilling)

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:40
KukriKhan is next and posts:

Iç seah ðone mann së is göd cyning.
I saw the man - the good king.

Thus spake the elders, bishops, and other honorable men, of my father. God willing, may they speak it of me.

I am Edward III, son of Henry, grandson of Stephan(Editor's note: Nephew of Henry and son of Stephan), of the Greater English Empire (GEE). It is the year of our lord 1253, and I have just ascended the throne, after the short but fruitful reign of my father. Although I am but 17 years, I have been groomed for this destiny my entire life, besting many men in jousting tournaments - then drinking them under the table at the victory feasts. My father had not yet arranged my marriage, but the need for heirs is imperative, so I shan't await a pliable foreign princess, but instead select an exotic Tuscan maiden, sure to enhance our lineage.

The world has changed since my grandfather's time: in a distant heathen land called Nippon, nobles called 'Shogun' rule the land, dispossessing their Emporer; the York treaty, delineating the boundary between England and Scotland was signed; John of Halifax, the mathematician, introduced the decimal system just this year; and Henry of Bracton has begun codifying our up-to-now unwritten English laws and tradition, writing:

To rule well a king requires two things, arms and laws, that by them both times
of war and of peace may rightly be ordered. For each stands in need of the other,
that the achievement of arms be conserved [by the laws], the laws themselves
preserved by the support of arms.2 If arms fail against hostile and unsubdued
enemies, then will the realm be without defence; if laws fail, justice will be
extirpated; nor will there be any man to render just judgment.....

Our treasury is healthy, with over 66,000 florins from farming, trade and mining - and a 17.5 thousand florin annual income (you see how I have adopted Sir John's decimal system?). My sisters Elizabeth (23) and Helen (20) languish in Algiers - I must attend their marriages soon.

I see my immediate mission as 3-part:
1) consolidate our holdings, pursuing an alliance with His Holiness Pope Gregory; building churches and town guards where they are lacking; upgrading farming inland, trade along coastlines.
2) put down that Italian apostate Enrico II, by means of my best 3 assassins (of course, I shall feign surprise, deploring the act), and
3) prepare for the conquest of the middle-east, converting the Egyptian heathen, or conquering him when Satan makes him resist - I especially have my eye on the rich trade available in Antioch, Edessa, and Tripoli; we own the seven seas, but I shall insure we are prepared for any naval conflict that threatens our trade routes.

By the grace of God most holy, may I, we, and all England, succeed and prosper. Long live England

Demon of Light
03-14-2003, 21:41
KukriKhan's Progress report:

Lords and Ladies, honorable Noblemen, esteemed Clergymen, and citizens of the realm:

This is the year 1256. In the 3 short years since we assumed the throne, much has happened.

His Holiness Pope Gregory consented to an alliance with us. He now beseiges the Italian Enrico in Naples, 'Rico having been distracted by our sadly unsuccessful assassins in 1254 (so our loss was our ally's gain). God willing, Naples should fall in 2 years, causing Sicily (Enrico's only other holding) to fall to the rebels. We plan to bring English leadership and order to Sicily when that happens.

The Mongol savages have remained neutral, no doubt daunted by the massed English troops at their borders. We plan to pursue a policy of containment on that eastern border, expecting probe attacks within a short time. We have dispatched English Catholic clergy to the Mongol borderlands to assist in a future christian uprising against these barbarians, followed by English soldiers and English justice.

The Egyptian Jihad against Constantinople has failed repeatedly, limping back to Trebizond each year a bit weaker in the face of superior English strength. A Trebizond rebel army of superior numbers will engage that Jihad soon, no doubt defeating it and offering another jewel for the English crown.

When we assumed the monarchy, the Egyptians had massed troops at Cyrenicia, Trebizond and Nicea...but had neglected to fortify the center of their unholy empire. To distract those forces, we sent 2 armies to attack the Sultan, subsequently chasing him out of Sinai, Palestine, and Tripoli; meanwhile closing his back door (Antioch). He now sits with 800 men in Syria licking his wounds, while we consolidate our hold on those provinces. God bless the English navy, built up by my forebearers; it allows us to freely deploy our forces where necessary, as well as increasing our treasury (now standing at over 100 thousand florins, with 24,000+ coming in annually).

In a glorious defensive battle, our outnumbered Tunisian garrison soundly defeated the invading Egyptian forces from Cyrenicia, their routing army rebelling against their masters in the end. A survivor of the Almohad dynasty has arisen there this year. We shall contain them, while determining their intentions after defeating the former Egyptian rebels.

The Almohad re-emergence and Egyptain rebellions reminded us of the liklihood of other factions rebelling/re-emerging. To plan for such unfortunate events, we have embarked on a campaign in our homelands and recently conquered lands to increase loyalty to nearer the 150 mark, building up border forts, urban militias and churches there, as well as aiming for agricultural and trade parity among provinces. We hope that any Spanish, French, German, or other surviving factions shall have to re-emerge in rebelling Egyptian provinces only, there to face a hostile Mongol army across their border and muslim insurgents within.

By the grace of God: England forever

Demon of Light
03-17-2003, 00:37
More from Kukri Khan:

It's 1276. Egyptians are gone. At war with the Mongols, but attriting them, instead of conquering them (gotta leave something for the next King, right? ). Gave up Tuscany, Naples, Venice & Croatia to the Pope - guess he just wants his 'share' of the booty (he invades, I abandon, he sues for peace; rinse, lather, repeat).

Almohads in Cyrenicia, neutral. Russians try to re-spawn in Finland, but fail yearly. Byzies (at war) have Rhodes and Crete - we took Cyprus. Sicilians sit nuetral on Malta, we have Sicily (but I expect the Poper to want that next).

I plan to slow the military buildup of the past 10 years (necessary for the Egyptian campaign) and work more on the alliance/subterfuge tactics.

We have 2 heirs, 2 princesses, 80K florin, 2K annual income, empire-wide loyalty approaching 150.

Demon of Light
03-19-2003, 21:27
KukriKhan graces us with a ...different method for reporting his reign:
=========================================

....Right you are, Wolf. This is Christianne Amanpour, Medieval Network News, with an exclusive interview with the ailing and elderly King Edward the Third of England, de-facto Emporer of Greater Europe, from the British Isles in the west, to Poland in the east, the Spanish subcontinent to the south through the former Egyptian and Byzantine Empires in the eastern Mediterranean.

CA: Your Highness, we are acutely aware of your frail health. We've just watched Bishop Longchamp administer Extreme Unction - the last rites. May we ask some questions of you, to clarify your legacy?

ERIII: *gurgle*

CA: Your Highness?

Bishop Longchamp: His Highness has ordered that I answer in his stead, during this, his hour of extemity.

CA: Very well your Eminence. Firstly, is the royal line secure? Has an heir been designated?

BL: Trusted couriers are speeding now to Good Prince Richard, currently doing the King's bidding in Toulouse.

CA: Will Richard continue the policies and objectives of Edward?

ERIII: *gulp*

BL: Prince Richard has vast experience throughout the realm, having led the successful crusade to Cyrenacia, and put down Mongol incursions in Georgia. He knows our friends, and our enemies...and he has met with most of the provincial governors and generals. He is as beloved by our subjects as Edward himself. We expect that Richard will continue Edward's good work as Defender of the Faith, Guardian of the Realm, and Scourge of the Barbarian.

CA: Where are the trouble spots?

BL: The Mongols are always worrisome, of course, and the re-emergence of the Byzantine royal line in Crimea and Crete bears watching. Likewise, when Edward consented in 1277 (with Papal prodding) to cede Corsica and Sardinia to a long-lost Italian heir of Enrico II, we rejoiced in the opportunity for new trade and good relations. However, the Doge has rebuffed repeated offers of alliance, as have the Sicilians on Malta. We suspect they may yet harbor ancient resentments at the loss of their ancestral lands. We also note with some alarm, the recent rapid increase of Italian military forces and wonder at their intentions. Their utter defeat by Papal forces in 1266 on the Italian mainland may not have totally exorcised their heretical, aggressive ways.

CA: Why DID Edward bow so readily to Pope Gregory's commands and desires?

ERIII: *gasp*

BL: Frankly, having seen the consequences of excommunication (catholic rebellion, faction reemergence, et cetera), Edward decided to accomodate His Holiness's holy desires, and to account for them as England's tithe to Mother Church, and to achieve the sanction of the Almighty in England's endeavors; especially in the Holy Land and apostate orthodox lands of the East. Hence his acquiesence to Pope Gregory's 'request' for Tuscany, then Genoa, then Venice, then Croatia, and his gracious consent to the emergence of the Italians. Such decisions also allowed Edward to concentrate the realm's efforts on building up the agricultural, military, trade, and clerical aspects of his homelands. *Snap* Scribe The economies parchment

CA: Impressive, your Eminence. Edward has come a long way from the gangly, some said 'arrogant drunkard', 17 year old he was at his coronation.

ERIII: *hic*

BL: A long way, indeed. *Snap* Scribe The historical progression maps

CA: Bishop Longchamp, is there anything King Edward would have done differently?

ERIII: *wheeze*

BL: Edward regrets that wars and diplomacy distracted his attention from the Royal Navy, who served so well in his conquest of the Middle East and former Byzantine lands. They were next on his list of modern improvements, right after the consolidation of his armies & their redeployment to the Mongol borderlands.

CA: Anything else?

BL: Had he the time, Edward would have upgraded the forts, castles and other symbols of English power throughout the realm. His soldiers and people have worked hard during his reign, and they deserve the best.

ERIII: *gargle*......MEAD My kingdom for a flagon of MEAD

BL: Perhaps we should end...

CA: ...this interview. We've been speaking to Bishop Longchamp on the demise of Edward III, King of England. Christianne Amanpour, on the front lines in Poland, for MNN. Back to you Wolf.

ERIII: *glug*glug*glug*...ahhhhh...

ERIII: erg.......... *plop*
(Editors note: Edward III died in 1299)

Map at the end of Edward III's reignhttps://jimcee.homestead.com/files/1299.jpg

Demon of Light
03-31-2003, 10:41
After a VERY long hiatus, I am pleased to archive the reign of a new king. This reign belongs to Sprucemoose as he played Richard II's reign:

The end has come
1299 king Richard II age 43 claims the crown of England, while based in toulose,finish off the great farming and merchants of my fore fathers.still allied to the pope and neutral with bzant,scillians and italy,at war with the horde.187k in the bank and income of 1500 florins,set about moving all spare troops to the front line,attack rebel held Finland with lord Plantagenet 8*2278 troops verses 1792 rebel fins was a fine day on the coast of Finland as the English fleet landed, firstly lord p manovered his troops and let loose volley after volley of arrows from the fabled welsh longbowmen,the sneaky fins had flanked the bow men to the right, so chiv sergeants where dispatched while all the heavy horse where set in position for a lethal charge to the enemies left, the enemy broke before the knight had chance to reap havok,269 captured the enemy rallied, only to be broken by a fierce charge by the royal knights,1220 killed 449 captured 65 lost. We show mercy and allow the poor peasants to return to there homes. Denmark hit by floods, great news a son is born but the king is force to marry a local aristocrats daughter, homelands goal is now complete, rebels still hold hame castle in Finland, lord p dispatches riders to the king to reqs field artillery from the king’s arsenal, or does Richard 2 tell him to starve them

1300 king Richard produces a son prince Henry, Richard take the long journey to Bulgaria where his best army is gathering.siege begins in Finland

1301 emissary sets off to try for alliance with bezant

1302 popes’ spy caught and Finland castle about to fall
the king launches an assault on wallachia,while the northern Europe army attacks Prussia
The horde retreat without fight from Prussia and the king forces the retreat at Wallachia, Finland castle falls.

1303 emissary arrives in the Crimea with hopes of forging an alliance with bzant.
Novgorod invaded by lord p, and the horde succumb without fight, the byzant king would not grant our ambassador an audience

1304 the king orders blondel de nesle(3*) to the Crimea to reqs alliance with bzan

1305 Prussia falls to the northern army Walachia falls to the king’s army

1306 the king coordinate an attack on Moldavia and volhynia
Both fall without a battle, lord P req artillery to end Novgorod siege. Great farming project now complete.102720 in the coffers with 11800 florins per year.

1307 Mongol king in Kiev with large army, this could be the battle to decide the eastern frontier.
Khazar invade, khazar falls, and Prince Alfred come of age and is by his father’s side.

1308 Moldavia and Volhynia falls

1309 the northern army marches on Lithuania, and lay siege.

1310 rebels attack along the hordes countrys, siege equipment arrives in Novgorod.
Attack of Novgorod castle the siege end quickly,Khazar also falls.

1311 Volga Bulgaria and Muscovy invaded
Muscovy is won with heavy losses. Lord Longchamp lays dead alongside 696 of his comrades, the Mongol general is dead with all 161 of his men . A victory but a costly one.
The rebels in Volda turn and run at the site of the grand army approaching.
Lithuania castle falls.

1312 alliance proposed to Byzantine,the people of Novgorod launch an attack on newly conquered Muscovy,but turn and flee.

1313 king of the Byzantines refuses the hand of peace, with profit of 16500 a turn; the king indulges in hiring a private mercenary army to do his bidding. The king also instructs his advisers to hire assassins.

1314 the king arrives in khazar to conduct his on attack on Ryazan.

1315 Volga Bulgaria falls to English troops. England now has six heirs with Henry coming of age, the king instructs him to join him on the frontline to blood him in battle.

1316, rebellion in Bohimia, Silesia, both garrisons instructed to retreat to the castles.

1317 widespread rebellion, the king sets sail for Scotland. The king’s army of 1943 face 2560 Scots
The Scots will not defy there English masters with 1378 killed and 495 capture to only 578 lost, the king executed all remaining rebels. The kings unit killed 223 and captured 148.

1317 the king of England dies of illness.
Henry age 19 take the throne.

Map at the end of Richard II's reign
http://home.planet.nl/~bruin504/medieval/startmap.gif

Demon of Light
06-24-2003, 16:52
Herodotus - (1087-1101) == ShadesWolf - William III (1101-1131)
http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_Herotodus.jpg == http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_ShadesWolf.jpg

Ryttare - Edmund III (1131-1171) == chilling - King Richard I (1171-1195)
http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_Ryttare.jpg == http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_Chilling.jpg

Alrowan - King Edmund IV (1195-1228) == Simon A. - King Stephen I (1228-1248)
http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_Alowran.jpg == http://www.totalwar.org/barocca/KOE_SimonAppleton.jpg

HopAlongBunny - Henry I (1248-1252) == KukriKhan - Edward III (1253-1299)
http://www.chilling.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Henry.jpg == https://jimcee.homestead.com/files/1299.jpg

Sprucemoose - Richard II (1299-1318) == Apache - Henry II (1318- )
http://home.planet.nl/~bruin504/medieval/startmap.gif == Pending for Apache's reign. Please stand by...

(All except the last image were taken from a post Barocca made. HopAlongBunny's image courtesy of Chilling and Kukri Khan hosted his own. The last image is from Apache)

Demon of Light
07-19-2003, 07:36
Posting to ensure that it doesn't disappear...

sprucemoose
07-19-2003, 08:04
Nice one demon

i got lazy when i couldnt post my pics,thanks to apache for that.

Ulfang
07-19-2003, 21:33
Well done that was a real interesting slant on a single player campaign http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Demon of Light
07-31-2003, 08:20
Bump

KukriKhan
08-05-2003, 17:11
Moved to guage effect.

The_Emperor
08-05-2003, 18:07
Quote[/b] (KukriKhan @ Aug. 05 2003,17:11)]Moved to guage effect.
Woah, thanks Kukri... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/pat.gif

bring on the rest of them http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif