PDA

View Full Version : Small faction campaign

ShadesWolf
08-27-2003, 13:14
This is just to check the possible interested.

I beleive I have found a command line attribute, that allow for an option of switching between faction. Which I will admin of course.

So please let me know if you are interested.

The factions I thought of for this campaign are:

Sicily
Swiss
Aaragon
Russian (cant think what they are called)
Danes.

I will play as teh rebels, and be warned they will attack other provinces, so please take care.... So who is up for a campaign then?

IT will be set as the late era and played on the Expert level. I will fill in all details later. and BTW all battles will have to be Auto-run, which the computer will admin the results for.....

Anybody interested?

The_Emperor
08-27-2003, 14:03
How would this work? Would you exchange the savegame between people each turn or something?

I'm confused http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

Kristaps
08-27-2003, 14:31
Auto-run battles? Mmmm, no, thanks http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Mount Suribachi
08-27-2003, 14:39
I'm confused too. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

Are you trying to set up a MP campaign?

ShadesWolf
08-28-2003, 07:25
OK I will try and be brief.

There is a way that you can play more than one faction at a time.

So basically this is how it would run.....

- We start a game
- I email the game to the first player
-- He had his turn (but does not press end turn)
-- He then sends it to the second player or back to me,
- We continue this until each player has had their turn.
- At the end of the turn, I press end turn and then the same process starts again.
- I would estimate we could get one move in per week, if we only played with about three factions.

Please note: By only selecting small factions, for xample ones with only one province, the game will not take to long to play or administrate.

It will also give us the opportunity to write a nice story for the period.

Cazbol
08-28-2003, 08:37
I'm surprised to hear that this is possible, but I'd like to sign up please.

Mount Suribachi
08-28-2003, 10:19
I think I'll pass on this one thanks.

But it will be an interesting MP campaign experiment.

The_Emperor
08-28-2003, 12:54
Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Aug. 28 2003,10:19)]I think I'll pass on this one thanks.

But it will be an interesting MP campaign experiment.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one... but generally I don't like auto-resolving battles, there's no glory or feeling of achievement in it.

ShadesWolf
08-28-2003, 13:14
Ive asked a question and am waiting for a reply......

If I get a positive reply I might be able to edit a campaign save file to change the make up of an army.

This would allow for any battle to be played either between players online or as a stand alone custom battle.

It all depends on if I can edit the save file to change army info.....

Shahed
08-28-2003, 14:27
Signing in as Aragon, please. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Shahed
08-28-2003, 14:28
May I request and suggest that you (Wolf) be the sole gamemaster.

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
08-28-2003, 14:43
That's interesting...

Yep, editing the save file is the way to go, if it is possible.

Now, given that we have different tactical skill on the field, we may want to put some limit on when we are allowed to play games in personna vs autoresolved.

It might be frustrating to a good SP players with strategic superiority to get kicked by a good MP player on the battlefield... Imagine the MP player with his 0 star gen (ie no tactical command skill) still kicking around superior army? Or shall we RP 0 star gen and play dumb?

Suggested limit; we play battles with 6 stars gen or more (if 2 6 stars gen then MP battle, if one 6 stars vs a

Shahed
08-28-2003, 14:51
I'd go with just play battles online. The SP players can hire someone else who plays MP for them if they wish. We do have morale building, unit breakdown (10 man etc), and valor cap at 4. That has alwyas been the issues as far back as I can remember.

The_Emperor
08-28-2003, 17:48
Quote[/b] (SeljukSinan @ Aug. 28 2003,14:51)]I'd go with just play battles online. The SP players can hire someone else who plays MP for them if they wish. We do have morale building, unit breakdown (10 man etc), and valor cap at 4. That has alwyas been the issues as far back as I can remember.
The problem with Multiplayer is that you would have difficulty recreating the army in its effectiveness... especially if someone got a great commander who was Nine Stars and Valor 10 (It happens)

or if his army had non-regular troops such as Mercenaries or territory specific troops like Clansmen...

Still its a good idea nonetheless, and the hope that the MP battles would take place on more than just Steppe Maps for once.

Cazbol
08-28-2003, 21:57
Aren't we getting a bit overly ambitious in trying to play the battles in MP? Let's face it, if we're going to be puny one province states, then the it's not likely that we'll be engaging each other a lot. I would suggest that we at least experimented with the strategic part alone in the first game and see if that's playable at all. Then we can add some more later.

ShadesWolf
08-29-2003, 07:10
Good point Cazbol, For now I think we should use the autoresolve system, and worry about any advancements for later games maybe.....

ShadesWolf
08-29-2003, 07:16
OK so far this is what we have......

Swiss - Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
Aragon - SeljukSinan
Danes - Cazbol

I will admin and control the rebel faction, so from time to time I will attack provinces, on a raiding type basis. The AI will control all other fations......

I could do with one more player to make it a little more interesting and then we can begin.....

For now Could both Cazbol and Sinan let me know what email address you want me to send the file to, as I play to start the campaign tonight........

I was thinking of one move per week, at first and updates of Sun/Monday.....

Does that seem ok?

ShadesWolf
08-29-2003, 07:20
Good points Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe I will keep these in mind for any later campaigns we run.

I am still waiting for a reply to my thread on editing files.

One suggestion was to create temp unit_prod file that would allow you to have whatever number of men in your army, but I would then still have the same problem of how do I update the campaign files.....

Cazbol
08-29-2003, 09:03
I choose the Danes.

I'll send my email address in a private message as I'm a spamaphobic.

I can't believe the lack of interest for this campaign. Where are all the strategy gamers? Where are those who write in big red letters in their sigs that they want a multiplayer campaign in RTW?

08-29-2003, 14:32
Resist the urge to play sicily.... Too easy.....Arghh....

SWISS I love being trampled by big neighbour (I guess it's high, not late http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif )

Louis,

PS; I have no idea how good autoresolve is I guess the usual I go 1 v 2 and win anyway is not going to work

PS2; I'll pm you my email Shadeswolf

08-29-2003, 14:37
Quote[/b] (Cazbol @ Aug. 29 2003,04:03)]I choose the Danes.

I'll send my email address in a private message as I'm a spamaphobic.

I can't believe the lack of interest for this campaign. Where are all the strategy gamers? Where are those who write in big red letters in their sigs that they want a multiplayer campaign in RTW?
Funny thing is my sig has been 'I can't care less for RTW Multiplayer Campaign' for some times... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Additional information;

As we are small, we may not have a lot happening in the beginning, but still do we plan to write about it, to screenshot it, and so on? I might go as far as playing the battle in custom to try to duplicate autoresolve results for the sake of taking screenie (Or taking any other screenie of whatever is available just ofr illustration purpose&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Shadeswolf, would you mind opening a thread for us to post into once we get started?

Let's call it, Minor of the world unite Or something like that, and let's roll

Louis,

ShadesWolf
08-29-2003, 15:20
Great so now we have our three...

I will start the game later and send out the first file to the first player...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

Once you have finished your moves DONT PRESS END TURN - just email it back to me as a saved file.

Cool this should be fun...

BTW if anybody would like to suggest a few faction moves to make it a little more intereting - ie introducing war between England anf France.

The Mongols invading more Russsian terrortory thenplease suggest away

08-29-2003, 15:38
Hum.... Burgundy?

Between Aragon, Burgundy and Switzerland, there would be room for a lot of fun

Louis,