PDA

View Full Version : Small Faction Campaign (story)

ShadesWolf
08-29-2003, 21:25
This thread will be used for the story and pictures that will evolve from the campaign

ShadesWolf
08-29-2003, 21:32
INTRODUCTION
-------------

In the year of our lord 1321, Europe is a wash with nationalistic fever. The Mighty empires have lost lands and a new era of small nations is emerging.

Who will be the greatest of these.

The Swiss - ruled by Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
The Danes - ruled by Cazbol
The Aragons - ruled by SeljukSinan

Only time will tell.

Europe is a dangerous place, war is coming. England and France are at logger heads, this will result in open war.
In Iberian the Moors are in decline, new nations are rising, who will be champion.
In the North the rebel lands of Norway and Sweden are ripe for the pickings, but care needs to be taken as on the eastern border the Horde is looking for more land.....

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
09-01-2003, 17:07
New stick technology way too expensive for Swiss shepherds

If there is anything that could make a Swiss proud, it would be a good nice wooden stick

Long time nomadic shepherds, the Swiss got more proficient in the use of the shepherding stick than any other nations. Those are big sticks

Needless to say, the creation of a new stick technology, known as 'THE PIKE' got the Swiss very excited And voila, all sticks were upgraded to pike

The King himself choose a unit of Elite shepherds as his Bodyguard Those had heavy armour in case they face some renegade rabid sheeps

http://www.thiep.com/~ffmtw/iB_html/uploads/post-19-30309-MP_Campaign_Swiss1321_Hail_to_the_king_.jpg

Overview of glorious Switzerland, land of the sheeps

Although King Conrad was very enthousiastic, his advisers were concerned; Steffen, Duke of Switzerland quickly pointed out at the low income provided by shepherding;

-Your Majesty, it is my duty to report that your glorious kingdom has been ranked last of all kingdoms for our income. Soon there will be nothing in our coffer but dust. It is actually puzzling we have money in the first place We are poor, poor, dirt' poor

-Maybe we shall consider growing more sheps? After all, with those new sticks, there is room for more shepherding

-Your Majesty, actually those sticks are part of the problems; they cost an awfull lot of money. All the sheeps in Switzerland can't pay for your elite armored shepherds company And sheeps suck rock there is no money to make out of sheep

-Well, then dear Duke Steffen what are your suggestions?

-Your Majesty, I think we have some potential in the banking industry.

- Banking, what is that?

- It's a new concept your Majesty. I am not sure I understand it well, but basically, it means going to see our neighboors and ask them their money so that we can keep it safely in Switzerland for them away from thief and cursed plunderers.

-And why would they do that, Duke?

-I don't know but we can figure it out on the way, I guess.

-Well, why not. Which neighboors shall we visit first to save their money? We have only two neighboors; the Holy Roman Empire, and the French.

-Your Majesty, I would recommand visiting the French first, They are rich, rich, filthy rich; look at Burgundy... They must have some extra money that we might be able to safeguard for them

-Thanks for your suggestion Duke, what do we need to start this interesting banking venture?

-Your Majesty, this is a radically new idea, we will need some persuasive armored shepherds, and also possibly to prove that theirs castle are not safe from new plundering technology For that we might want some Kaboom I recommand building Culverins Plenty of them

-So be it, we will do just that. Once my son, Conrad will be able to replace me in case of accident, I will dedicate myself to the development of Banking

To be continued...

Louis,

Cazbol
09-05-2003, 09:51
Having been made the king of Denmark, the new king decided to get right down to business. He had spent his youth reading about other ruler's glorious conquests and dreaming of the time when he'd get to be a conqueror himself. Now was the time and it should not be wasted. Europe would soon be his.

He summoned his councelors and aides to set his grand scheme in motion. My honoured men, now is time for greatness. We go forth and carve out a vast empire. Mobilise our vast armies and let us take Sweden by storm and march straight from there into Norway. We will need to enlarge our forces even more or they may be spread thin as our empire grows. You shall therefore immediately start recruitment and training of elite chivalric troops, with emphasis on knights. We shall also want a rapid build-up of the infrastructure by building glorious buildings in Denmark and subsequently in the provinces we conquer. An important part of my grand scheme is to rule the oceans. This will also make us rich beyond belief. I therefore order the construction of a vast fleet that shall establish sea routes from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea. Now go forth and do my bidding
His aides seemed uneasy, peering quizzically at each other until one of them finally broke their silence. Your highness, our forces in Denmark only consist of 4 units and we need to keep some to defend against the Germans. Furthermore we don't know anything about the Swedish defenses.
The king did not seem pleased as he asked And how do you intend to remedy that situation?.
-Well, your highness, there is the possibility of building these really tall towers, called watch towers. From these we could peek over to Sweden to see how many Swedes there are on the other side.
-And why exactly haven't these structures been built already?, asked the king.
There was some murmur amongst the aides until one offered We just didn't figure we'd be needing them.
-Then build the damn towers exclaimed the king. At least it will give us time to massively enlarge our attacking army of chivalric knights.
Ah, about that... offered another aide, our net income is only 75 florins a year and the training of chivalric knights costs... like... a lot more florins than that. In fact the watch towers alone will cost 100 florins so we should really be economising.
Then what about my grand army? the king asked worriedly.
-Well, I could get you some great troops, although not chivarlic knights. Your great, great, great, great grandfather used such troops to great effect. I'll see to the matter myself.
The king sank a bit in his chair but nodded in reluctant agreement. Why did I have to inherit such a midget state? he sighed.
-Wait a mintute. Aren't you also the ruler of Livonia? asked his counselor.
-I am? Does that mean we can send vast troops from there to Sweden?
-The last time we heard from Livonia, the garrison there had their hands full keeping the unruly peasants at bay, despite taxes being lowered to an absolute minimum. Furthermore, we don't know what threats may lurk in the neighbouring provinces.
-Let me guess. We haven't built watch towers there either, have we?
-Well, no your highness. We haven't.
-Then do so. Next year better bring more glory than this one or I'll impale you all on Swiss sheepherder sticks.

Shahed
09-16-2003, 13:20
To the King of the Shepherds

Sir

An Aragonese princess wishes to marry your shepherdly boy and is on her way to Switzerland. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif If you accept her hand in marriage and send us your first daughter for marriage into our family, you will be granted 3 Grand Inquisitors to burn your heretic, yet powerful neighbours.

I'll walk them round your neighbouring provinces, burning the best generals.

Do you accept ? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Shahed
09-16-2003, 13:30
To the King of Longboats

Aragon is a country with a poor navy, but surrounded by mighty seafaring nations. We request your assistance in the sea. In return you may also benefit from the power of our exorcists.

Do you accept ?

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Shahed
09-16-2003, 13:34
To the Lord of the Rebellious

It is not in your interest to make war with us. Join us and fight the Spanish, your search for identity will be over and you shall enjoy the prestige of serving under our combined state. Of course there will be free ale, wine, whiskey and roast for all your men as long as they live, and for their generations (of which there will be many coz of Aragon's easy women) to come.

To the leader of the Serbs:
The Aragonese offer our help if your interests lie in Venice. Inform us and we'll assist your attack by sea from Naples, with a smaller force than yours so you may take the province, and we may contain our stronger neighbour.

Do you accept ?

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Cazbol
09-17-2003, 09:33
Quote[/b] (SeljukSinan @ Sep. 16 2003,07:30)]To the King of Longboats

Aragon is a country with a poor navy, but surrounded by mighty seafaring nations. We request your assistance in the sea. In return you may also benefit from the power of our exorcists.

Do you accept ?

Most honourable king of Aragon,

We have received your kind request for naval support. We regret to report that our fleet is currently somewhat limited in size and actually only consists of a single ship, which is required closer to home. Should you however send us some inquisitors we could always strip their bones of the flesh and build another boat from these bones. Should your highness find this arrangement feasible then we are in agreement.

Sincerely yours,
King whatsmyname of Denmark

Shahed
09-17-2003, 13:04
*The Sultan's messenger, unarmed, gallops through the hills and valleys of the Black Forest. His mission: to bring a letter from the Divan (court) to the Danish King.*

UGH Wait a minute dimwit, you are NOT playing the TURKS

ShadesWolf
09-17-2003, 13:15
To the King of the Aragonese

My dear Christian Ally, I would suggest that you prepair for war. A dark day is coming.

Kettle drums can be heard in the distance and the Moors grow more powerful by the day. Beware my friend the only buffer zone you have is my lands to your south and your fellow Iberian nations.

In my opinion you should not waste your time on angering the spanish as they wont be around for much long.......

'The emissary of El-Cid leaves the great Palace of the King of aragon and heads south towards his own lands'

Shahed
09-17-2003, 13:45
*An Aragonese Knight dismounts from his stallion, fully armed with a message for El Cid.
He presents a sword as a gift from his King to El-Cid, saluting his companion Chimene.*

To the fabled El-Cid

The King of Aragon acknoledges your concern.

Yet you must accept that the Spanish are not our Iberian fellow nation. They have a claim to Aragon, Navarrare, and Valencia. Sooner or later their Lances shall be directed on us as our lands lie in their path of conquest. Should the opportunity arise they shall strike at us and try to subdue our cultures. The Reconquista does not only plan on destroying all the greatness the Moors built here but also all culture other than Spainiard.

The Moors are finished, for the Spaniards have taken their glorious capital, and burned them herectics at the stake. Our spies have given us vivid descriptions of how the infidels have been driven from their homes, their wealth seized, their science confiscated and their people enslaved.

We shall not be subject to the same fate as the Spainiards have reserved for the Moors.

We respect and acknowledge your decision, great and noble El-Cid.
May your warriors ride into battle with valor, and may your lands be safe from your enemies.

*the Knight, baptised Napoleone Orsini, gallops through the city of Valencia towards the North Gate and unto Aragon.*

Shahed
09-17-2003, 15:36
To the King of the Longboats

Dear King Whatsmyname

Please start building some boats in your newly aqcuired (when u get them) Scandinavian provinces. Our Inquisitors take time to travel to your distant land, and by the time they arrive you may be help us in kind.

We reiterate that our proposal stands. You may accept when you have the naval power to spare. All we need is 3-4 shallow water vessels or 3 deep water vessels. Both our nations can benefit from this trade.

Alternatively if you reject this proposal we have no quarrel with you, and we respect your soverign decision.

May God be with you.

The bearded man with a small black skull cap, Yitzhak Ashkenazi, bows and leaves the presence of the Monarch of the Danes. This man is also the chief economic advisor to the King of Aragon, and leader of Aragon's Ashkenazi Jewish community.

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
09-17-2003, 16:40
Quote[/b] (SeljukSinan @ Sep. 16 2003,08:20)]To the King of the Shepherds

Sir

An Aragonese princess wishes to marry your shepherdly boy and is on her way to Switzerland. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif If you accept her hand in marriage and send us your first daughter for marriage into our family, you will be granted 3 Grand Inquisitors to burn your heretic, yet powerful neighbours.

I'll walk them round your neighbouring provinces, burning the best generals.

Do you accept ? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
To the King of Aragonese Postal Services

We do appreciate your interest in the new industries of this world; we strive to develop banking, and you do your best to develop poney based mail services.

Two kings with the same vision shall find an agreement.

We are not sure about Grand Inquisitors; those individuals are notoriously against new ideas, and they might afraid some potential good customers for my banking services. As long as they stay away from my (future) subsidiaries, we will be content.

Regarding wedding; my older daugher is somehow in rebellious hands right now; she might want to go to Paris first. From there, she might move to Aragon, but we are only shepherders, with little money, and Aragon is far far away.

Oddly enough, my son, Conrad, having heard of some dubious genealogy in most reigning families, those resulting in equally dubious wonders and odd physical features would like to meet your daughter, or, to see a painting, before taking any decision.

As notorious foot fetichist, you understand how inconvenient a odd number of toes would be.

Best regards,

King conrad III

ShadesWolf
09-17-2003, 19:33
A weary rider returns to the Castle in Valencia.

He marches into the thrown room

'My Lord Lope Granville, I have terrible news. Those traitor have assasinated the Cid.'

Granville jumps to his feet.
' Order the army to attack. Will will make them pay for being stupid. The Cids name will not go unavenged - Death to the Spanish'

ShadesWolf
09-17-2003, 19:35
To the King of the Aragonese

'My friend it is time to teach these Spanish a lesson.'

'can we count on your backing in our quest?'

Shahed
09-17-2003, 19:54
At the Aragonese citadel, archers line the walls as troops prepare for the battle against the Spainiards.

The gates of the citadel open as Napoleone Orsini and his closest bodyguard ride in support of the Valencian Rebels.

ShadesWolf
09-19-2003, 07:23
The day of the battel draws near.

Lope Granville teh new king of Valencia sits at the head of a large column, to his right is his ally and friend the King of Portugal.

The army arrives out side the large Spanish Castle, imediately they setup camp and start to siege the castle. They expect this to be a long drawn out conflict.

A messenger arrives from the Royal courts, My Lord I have good news
- The King of Navarre has agreed to join our cause, he promises to march of the western Spainish lands. Also my Lord the King of Aragon as agreed to join the cause and has assured me that we will also invade Spain.

Just then the noise in the distance starts up again.....

Kettle drums can be heard and this time they seem to becoming closer

ShadesWolf
09-19-2003, 07:33
To the King of the Longboats

A french knight marches into the Danes royal court to see the King.

He bows

'My Lord today is a fine day. I bring greeting from my Lord the true King of France and the heir to the thrown of England.

'My king has come to call on your assistance, on this fine day. As we speak, a bitter war ranges threw France and in the English main land. Our Scottish allies have invaded teh north and are preparing to take the Castle in durham, next they will march south.'

' The armies of Toulouse have marched on the great castle in Bordeux and have layed siege to the English Prince, without the chance of reinforcements it is only a matter of time beore the castle will fal to its rightful rulers and once and forall France will be one again'

' As you are aware WAR is an expensive hobby and we would like to offer you the opportunity to share the cost by to also share a % of the spoilts....'

'england is weak and many formour Vikings settlements await to be returned to the Danish empire.... Will you join our cause ?'

The knights bows and awaits a response.......

Cazbol
09-19-2003, 21:37
Admirable. Simply admirable. The king of Denmark couldn't help but admire the restraint of the French knight who managed to convey the message from the king of France as if nothing was out of the ordinary. The envoy had presented his case to a blood soaked king, standing with an even bloodier axe in the middle of his throne room. It was quite clear that the blood on the axe and on the king had come from the mutilated bodies on the floor. Heads and limbs were lying around like rubble, skulls were cracked and bodies were sliced. A decapitated head was hanging by the hair from the kings belt, but had a while ago been on the shoulders of the chancellor of the royal treasury. Upon arriving at the castle gate the knight had passed guards that were busily impaling human bodies on some foreign looking sticks and screams could be heard from inside the castle.

Addressing the knight likewise as if all was normal, the king replied: Please tell your honourable king that I'm grateful the his kind offer to wage war on his enemies. Our attention is however heavily focused on the economy at the moment. Inflation in troop salaries means that training costs and wages are about twice what is normal and the efficiency of the training staff is only half of what is acceptable. My admiral has problems understanding his orders and there's been a major budgetting error in the state's finances. As a matter of fact I was just in the process of balancing the books and cutting down on court overhead when you arrived. The most dear king of France will therefore have to have all the fun to himself for the time being. Bring him my best wishes. Take a Swiss sheepherder stick with you as you go. They're quite useful.

With that the French knight left, seeming equally calm as when he arrived.