PDA

View Full Version : Napoleonic Battle

Marshal Murat
08-30-2003, 01:23
I decided to do this just for fun, because it seems cool and I hope others share thier battle stories. These could be from battles, or one you make up. I want it to be Napoleonic please.
Battle Yaelgian Ford
Ottomans vs. Russians
3rd Russian Division
5th Russian Division
Ottoman
7th Division
Albanian Division
5th Division

The Ottoman commander surveys the plain before him, cut by a few rivers. Barely visible are the Russian camps. I want patrols around the clock orders Huliamm Mustfa. The Albanians march along the walls, not looking at the plain ahead. The next day, the Russians divisions mobilize in two lines, thier center is in the town of Weiglin. I want the 5th Division and the 7th Division to line up for battle yells Huliamm. Marching out, the Jassinaries line up for battle. Mounted on a horse Huliamm watches the Russians advance. Hold the line until ordered yells Huliamm. Marching forward, four brigades line up and crack the silence. Charge, for Allahaaaaa yells Huliamm, and the Jassinaries lung at the Russians. Falling back, they expose a wall of glistening bayonets. Turning around, Huliamm takes command of three brigades of Jassinaries. Follow me orders Huliamm, and he marches them back to the walls of the town. All Albanian troops follow me yells Huliamm. Marching into battle they split and move to the flanks. The Jassenaries contiune to wreak havoc on the Russian enemy. Declaring to his two aides Have the Albanians strike and they gallop off. Turning, the Albanians hit the Russian flanks. Suddenly three brigades of Greek/Hungarian troops appear from the fort. Yelling to his last aide Have my bodyguard and Mamlukes split and hit the rear and the aide also gallops off. Splitting they run around the flanks. Suddenly three squadrens of Russian Cossacks appear on the flanks. In fierce battle, some mamlukes stay behind with Huliamm, and they combat the cossacks. Galloping to his Jassinary men, they slaughter the Russians, they now are giving up. Send some of your men to help my guards yells Huliamm to the Captain next to him. Saluting he picks some Jassinaries they run off. Then jumping out of the fray, the Russian General draws a musket from a dead comrade nearby, aiming, he pulls the trigger.
To be contiuned......

Marshal Murat
08-30-2003, 18:39
Pulling the trigger, the shot never found its mark. Ducking below the shot aim, the musket ball flies over Huliamms back. Taking a pistol in a holster, he shoots the Russian General in the head. Forcing the Russians back, the Ottomans gain thousands of prisoners.

Marshal Murat
08-31-2003, 02:10
Battle of Gerballi
2 French Divisions
3 Austro/Prussian divisions

The Grand Army is in a campaign into Austria, and Davout and Murat are on assignment to be an advanced force to feel out the Austrians and Prussians. The Austrian/Prussian Field Marshal Hobelkick Von Diesel. About 17 Brigades are under the command of Von Diesel. 10 brigades are under combined French command. The two divisons are camped on a bluff overlooking the Beezkowictz river, crossed by two bridges. Seven of the brigades are infantry, two calvary brigade, and a artillery brigade. Opposing them are a combined force of thirteen infantry of sorts. two calvary brigades and two artillery brigades. That night, five Austrian Brigades march over the river, while the two French divisions build embankments and roll up the artillery as they wait for the main French body. The next morining, the Austrian brigades prepare to assaultt the defenses. The 8 other brigades, are moving across the bridges. Surveying the situation Marshal Murat consults Davot and Murat takes command of the two calvary brigades and a infantry brigade. Marching across to the far left of the battlefield. The Austrians march up the hill, followed by the two calvary brigades, and the two artillery brigades. The artillery under Davot begin the bombardment. Marching on a slant the Austrians march diagonally up the hillside. The howitzers are blow to smithereens by the early bombardment. Some Prussian Jaeger infantry move ahead of the Austrians and fire shots at the fortifications. Swarming up the hill, shrapnel and canister explode overhead. As the Asutrians begin to inch forward again though the stifiling smoke, volleys of musket fire erupt, pouring lead into the inferno. Luanching the calvary to charge up they hill, they are alos caught in the flames spewing from musket and cannon. Marshal Murat strikes after the Austrians launch thier calvary, he rides down to the bridges, and with some large bags of gunpowder, ignites it on one bridge and it explodes into shards, now in midair or floating in the water. Now blood seeps down the hill, followed by panic striken Austrians and Prussians. After blowing up the bridge, Murat has his men block the Austrians. Seeing the inevitable, they lay down thier arms, excluding Von Diesel who took no part in the battle.

LordUxbridge
10-17-2003, 15:06
This battle was with the Napoleonic Mod. Playing as the French and invading Russia, just trying to destroy their field army, not take territory. After some strategic maneuvring, I invade Novgorod with my I Corps (3997) men, while II Corps holds Lithuania, III Corps holds Kiev, and my Guard (led by napoleon&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif and IV Corps wait in reserve in Volnynhia (sp?). The Russians bring in 2 Corps, totalling 6926 men.

The ensuing battle lasted 2.5 hours (approx). Early on the russians made a savage, lighning attack on my right, pinning it while the bulk of their forces advanced onto my left, under a heavy cannonade. The attack on my right forces my skirmishers from a village they occupied, and causes my right wing to fall back on the centre. The Russians then put in a big attack on my left wing, but my troops are able to force them back under heavy musket and artillery fire. With this attack repulsed, and reinforcements on their way, i resolve to retake the village, and advance fresh troops into position. Under heavy resistance from the Russians the village is retaken. Reinforcements to my damaged left wing strengthen it, to fend of a half hearted Russian attack against it. The russians fall back and concentrate on retaking the village, giving me an opportunity to advance my left wing, and occupy a tree-line with skirmishers. Russian reinforcements put in a concerted attack against the village, but it is held throughout the rest of the battle. Eventually i gain enough reinforcements to put in a counter attack of my own, and advance 4 battalions in column, to take the bayonet to the Russians. After the heavy cannonade, the sight of fresh units in column breaks the will of the russians to continue and they retire in disarray, pursued by my light cavalry.

At the end of the battle, the french had taken roughly 1000 casualties to the Russians 3000 casualties and 750 prisoners. best battle ive ever fought.

TheSilverKnight
10-17-2003, 22:27
My tale begins in the midst of the 2nd Napoleonic Wars (1815, after Napoleon's Victory at Waterloo, to 1831). The armies of Spain have fallen to Napoleon II in a lightning campaign during 1822. The British army, led by Sir James Hawthorne, gathered the allied armies of Prussia, Austria, and Britain under one banner during Napoleon's attack on Sweden. The year was 1823. France had extended it's control to the borders of Hanover, and Austria and Prussia were ready to come to Britain's aid if need be.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The battle, to be Napoleon II's worst defeat of his reign, took place in October of 1823. The order of battle is as follows:

British- General Sir James Hawthorne (command 570 men)
3rd Scots division
1st Royal Yeoman of London
91st Welsh Regiment of Cavalry Pride of Wales

Prussia- King Frederick III (command 340 men)
1st Brandenburg-Prussia Grenadier Regiment
46th Musketeers
6th Cuirassier Guards

Austria- Field Marshal Prince Ferdinand (command 600 men)
9th Vienna Musketeers
8th Rifle Corps
1st Bohemian Division

French- Emperor Napoleon II Napoleon the Sun Emperor (command 2000 men)
I Corps, Murat
IV Davout
VI Corps
VII Corps Corps de Espanol
Le Imperial Guarde
XI Napoleon's Guard
Paris Artillery Battery
Napoleon II invaded Hanover in 1823. Facing him was the most rag-tag bunch of soldiers every. It was a mix of Austro-Hungarian, Prussian, and British soldiers.
Sir James Hawthorne, a Scot by birth, led the British army. Prince Ferdinand led the Austrians, and King Frederick III led the Prussians.
The French advanced their army about 4 yards forward, and the artillery opened fire. The French cavalry guard rode forward as the Austrians formed square. Prince Ferdiand rode around in the front, as the French cavalry rode among the squared Austro-Prusso-British army.
Phase one was an artillery bombardment from the French artillery. Prince Frederick of Prussia advanced the Grenadier regiment, and Prince Ferdinand followed with the Bohemian division. The volley fire which ensued was magnificent. The British army advanced forward 50 yards, until they were face to face with the IV corps, where volley fire was exchanged. The small Protestant church in Hanover was now burning, as the French destroyed with artillery. The Welsh Foot/Cavalry advanced by 50 yards, when the cavalry caught the I corps by surprise, routing them, and killing 100 of them. The I corps broke, and Marshal Murat was shot and killed. Emperor Napoleon II then brought up the XI and Corps de Espanol. By now, the French were beginning to panic with the continuous hit-and-run attacks of the Prussian Cuirassier, and the pounding volleys of the Austro-Prussian troops. The British army moved to the side, and engaged the Corps de Espanol just as they were marching. One regiment broke, but the rest turned and volleyed fire back. The British formed square, as they saw the Cavalry Regiments coming, and the French Guard Cavalry slammed into the lines of Yeoman Soldiers from London. It caused mass casualties. Halfway through the battle, Prince Frederick, crown prince of Prussia, fell on the battlefield, noble to the very end. The Prussians saw their prince fell, and fought for him as if he was a martyr. King Frederick III also fell, and his 2nd son, Prince William, effectively took control of the army as King of Prussia. Prince Ferdinand charged forward with the Bohemian army, meeting them in a brutal melee, in which he fell, wounded, and carried off the field. The VI corps (600 men), then turned their attention to the massed lines of redcoats ready to fight and die for their King. The French army marched forward, and was hit with volley after volley from the Yeoman and Scots Guards. The Welsh cavalry came around from the back, and routed the artillery. The Paris battery was effectively crushed, thus saving the Austrians from any more casualties due to artillery. It was now 3 hours into the battle, and only the I and VII corps had routed. The VI corps had lost about 200 men. Then, finally, as the sun was setting, a miracle came. The XI corps, Napoleon's Personal Guard, and the Imperial Guard, broke to the 800 Austro-Prussian army. A victory cheer was let out, and the slaughter began. As the French backed away and ran, the brave British, Prussians, and Austrians charged away and fought to the death the French.
As night approached, there was burning buildings, scattered bodies, and guns lying on the field. On a hill, a flagholder stood, accompanied by a drummer and fifer, as he held the British flag up high. The Prussians and Austrians joined in a singing of God Save the King. A magnificent battle nonetheless...The armies dispersed, as Mozart's Requiem in D Minor played silently..

The Wizard
10-21-2003, 15:47
Hmmm... it seems the numbers are really blown up a lot in this (excellent by judgement of screenshots and comments of those who have installed it) mod? Seems interesting. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
10-21-2003, 19:13
May I make a comment? Actually 2?

1/ a link to the mod would be nice http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

2/ some screenies would be nice http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif. For unusual setting it helps to picture the units a bit, and also sometimes it helps splitting text and makes it easier to read.
What the Yeoman looks like? Are square real square formations?

Louis,

The Wizard
10-21-2003, 20:35
No, they're busy guiding tourists around the Tower.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Brother Derfel
10-21-2003, 20:49
For a link, go to the absolutely huge thread named 'Napoleonic Mod' in the Dungeon.

Also for disscussion of the mod go to here:

http://pub162.ezboard.com/broyalfootguardclanforum

Or the offical Lordz forum here:
http://underclocker.com/thelordz/index.php

Hope that helps.

And truely, this mod is great.

The Wizard
10-21-2003, 21:16
Quote[/b] (Wizzy @ Oct. 21 2003,09:47)]Are the numbers raised to such hights as described in the battle reports in this thread?
If you like, answer my question... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Brother Derfel
10-21-2003, 21:24
Sorry Wizzy, missed that one.

The current numbers in NTW are similar to the ones in MTW, although we are currently experimenting with larger units.

Some of the battle reports above are from single player campaigns, so obviously the number of men in each battle would be large as reinforcments can be used.

It is also common practice in some battle reports to exagerate the numbers by up to ten times in order for them to appear more authentic to Napoleonic battles.

Hope that Helps http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

The Wizard
10-22-2003, 19:47
Yes, it did a lot, thanks http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

dessa14
11-07-2003, 11:05
battle of poland
the russians march against their bretheren in this battle the cowardly polish had not sent their men against the russian might but the traitors to russia the first and second kievan divisions stood face to face with the lithuanian division marching on the flank with less cavalry than the pols the russians had a hard fight but after the first skirmish the russian position looked good with a kill ratio of 3 to 1 slaughtering half their army but it was the second skirmish that cost the most life with 4 hussar groups falling to enemy fire and 3 line groups falling with a overwhelming victory russian troops led by prince alexander killed the king that very battle.
thanks dessa

Cebei
11-07-2003, 13:07
Nice story but I doubt Ottomans were that good with Russians, especially at that time of history.