PDA

View Full Version : England in super Early

The Blind King of Bohemia
09-28-2003, 16:42
I had realised that in my new mod England were in a bit of a weak state with many people who have played the mod telling me so http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wacko.gif So i attempted to really try to disprove Englands weakness......and the results are not good

King william could see his situation was precarious to say the least. His enemies were all around him and he had to choose his policies of war carefully. The economy was good and he felt it was time to take one of his rivals out for good and that was Prince Gruffyd of Wales.
The invasion was big and William was confident but the Welsh were more than ready. Hidded by the trees and mountains they launched a ferocious assault on the compressed English lines which ended in disaster for the English, losing half of there 900 strength along with one the Heirs to the throne.
This was not the only blow to come to the English. King Baleron of Navarre had invaded Aquitaine and destroyed the english army, along with King Malcolm III invading and occupying Northumbria. Things were looking bleaker.
William was losing support and a civil war began, with william being overthrown by his son. The new king Howard was determined to bring England back to greatness. The loss of the french provences was dismal but the king wanted the British isles under his control before a war with France could even be contemplated.
Wales was first on his warpath. In was a ruin after his army annihilated the welsh force and Wales was now his. Scotland was next. Northumbria was taken back and new alliances were made with the rulers of Norway, Ireland and Navarre all becoming friendly with England.
Yet just as Howard was preparing the final assault on the Scots, word had arrived that Howard had been excomunicated. If this wasn't enough, a huge Spanish Crusading army was on way to Wessex.
There was no time to spare. All forces were gathered. Some 1100 but were still outnumbered by the 2400 spanish host. It was desperate but after the spanish general was cut down his army broke and all separate reinforcement detachments were beaten in turn. A most glorious victory.........

Thats all i've got to at the moment It is possible but very hard, yet very fun http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 18:06
Sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to try and it see if I can beat down those Welsh.

Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 18:10
Oh yeah - what difficulty level was the game set at? If that was normal then I'm in for some punishment on expert.

09-28-2003, 19:58
That was on expert. I'm at war with France which is really tough. Croatia for some reason have half of Germany I have an alliance with them, Germany and aragon which should balance out French superior numbers

Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 22:30
I just started playing a game as England on Expert and it gets crazy.

2nd year in the game the Welsh attack Mercia. I opt to retreat with my peasant rabble which goes up to Northumbria.

Battles constantly happen back and forth with me attacking Wales and them attacking Wessex. Neither of us are successful. I get excommunicated.

I finally launch an assautl with all my men against Mercia and kill the Welsh king and all of his sons. I got REALLY lucky at this battle. The Welsh deployed way too close to me on the defense and I just rushed them in the first 30 seconds of the battle. Their men were all in the open and down a hill from me. Still a tough fight though.

With the Welsh turned into Rebels I invade Wales. Ireland does at the SAME time. I defeat them barely but then the Welsh revolt since I barely have any survivors.

At this point all seems lost. Until the Navarrese attack Aquitaine and I capture their King. 10,000 florin ransom CHA CHING Salvation could be at hand. I pump out Fyrdmen wherever I can in Europe.

The Scots attack in Northumbria and are BARELY fought back. Another VERY lucky battle. A bunch of my Urban militia in the woods hacking at their Royal Knights and Clansmen. Those LowLand clansmen are cool. Very few survivors on my part. My King's eldest son FLED the battle before the enemy even made contact. He just tucked tale and RAN. Weirdest thing ever. He has the Doubtful Courage and Good Runner vice now I think.

A revolt happens in Mercia.

So right now I have barely any men left in Aquitaine and the Navarrese WILL attack again. I have barely any men in Wales and the Welsh are revolting. I have barely any men in Northumbria and the Scots will attack again and I have a Catholic revolt in Mercia that I can do nothing about.

It's gonna be a fun game. The Pope has called on factions to Crusade me so its only gonna be a matter of time.

Demon of Light
09-29-2003, 07:52
As this seems to have little to do with e-mail campaigns, this is being moved to Mead Hall.

09-29-2003, 12:08
It sounds desperate Ham, i have crushed the Welsh and Scots and secured the British mainland. The war with France has begun. Normandy and Flanders are controlled but French numbers could lead old England to disaster.
The excomunications are a problem because in my games Aragon, England and Navarre always have the Pope on there backs. It makes the game quite insane at times.

Hamburglar
09-29-2003, 13:42
I finally got myself together in England and put down the rebellions.

I massed a bunch of troops in Northumbria to finally try to kill the Scots. But of course that doesn't work out well.

The French start a war with me and invade Wessex, Aquitaine, Anjou, and Normandy . I haven't fought the battles yet but they outnumber me about 2 or 3 to 1 in each one of those places and the only troops I have are spearmen, archers, urban militia, and hobilars.

09-29-2003, 13:45
I'm trying to see the true super powers of the game. At the moment it is Hungary, Kiev, Me( England), Valencia and Egypt.
Anything different in your games Ham?

Hamburglar
09-29-2003, 19:06
Well, most of the time I've only been playing Test Campaigns to see how the AI interacts with each other.

Basically I play as Ireland and turn on .matteosartori. and do absolutely nothing. I just hit End Turn to see what the AI does and what patterns emerge.

I do notice that England always gets spanked, and the Germans get torn apart simultaneously like all the little Jackals around them. France does pretty well.

In my campaign that I am actually playing (England) I'm still barely into it. Theres battles every turn so it takes awhile. Currently I'd say France is my biggest opponent - no one else has gotten too big but its still very early. I still don't have a Keep anywhere yet.

France has taken all of my mainland holdings except Aquitaine though and they keep pushing on Wessex. The Scots keep pushing on Northumbria and I have to kill them fast or else I know I'm not going to survive, especially with me being excommunicated. The French have built a Crusade but they haven't launched it yet. If they do I'm pretty sure that'll be the end of me.

The Wizard
10-17-2003, 23:00
This sounds pretty interesting... what mod is this?

10-18-2003, 11:54
BKB Super early beta, there should be a link on my website or on the alchemist lab under the official thread of the beta, page 2 i think. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

The Wizard
10-18-2003, 18:08
I'll take a look... thanks http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif