PDA

View Full Version : Hangs on Exit

maxevan
09-30-2003, 20:06
Hello.
My first post on the board. I have an issue where MTW(w/VI installed) hangs when i exit the game.I cannot alt+tab out of the exit screen when this happens.It require a hard boot.

ANy suggestions?

I'm running in 1024x32 (32 Bit Desktop)
I tried changing the depth on the dektop but it didn't change anything.
Also, this did happen with MTW without VI installed.

Thanks
Michael

Gregoshi
10-01-2003, 03:10
Welcome to the Org maxevan. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif You've brought your problem to the right place.

First though, can you tell us more about your system? CPU & speed, RAM, graphics & sound cards, version of Windows and DirectX, drivers used for graphics card, etc. This type of information will help our tech wizards figure out what is ailing you.

maxevan
10-01-2003, 03:36
Running:

Windows xp
Direct X 9.0a(not sure if it did it with 9.0--can't remember when i upgraded)
256 megs ram(DDR)
MX440 (64 MEGS)
Sounblaster Live 5.1 Platinum
Athlon XP @ 1.5 Ghz

Kraellin
10-01-2003, 19:52
welcome to the Guild.

the gf4 mx 440 is a bloody pain in the arse when it comes to some games. we've see a lot of problems with it with mtw and vi. you shld be able to fix the problem by finding the right drivers. and by right drivers, i dont necessarily mean newest. you can do a search in the apothecary on gf4 mx 440 and see what others have come up with to get their machines to work with this game. some common ones that seem to work for some are: 30.82, 43.09, 44.xx, 41.(something), but your system may require something else. someone else just posted what they found and used. myself, i have this card in one machine and i use the 41.09's, i believe.

i also recall someone else had the exact same problem you're having and they found a work-around solution (something like a con-alt-del to quit rather than just using the quit button), but i dont recall exactly what it was they did. it might be in the 'solutions' thread in the apothecary. again, try a search.

the best thing would be to find a better card. that card seems to be old enough and odd enough that i've seen other games that have problems with it and i know of at least one game where the developers had to write a special routine into the game for it. just seems to be a problem card when it comes to gaming.

K.