PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Wesmod

ticcan
10-02-2003, 20:12
Hi,

Can someone help with this? I have Viking Invasion

I unzipped 3.03 and started the game - nothing different - so went and got 2.04 which is an exe file and installed that into my C:/Games/Medieval Total War folder and started the game and nothing.........what am i doing wrong???

I read in the readme on Wes's website it says most coastal provinces have ports in the mod and the link between Wessex and Flanders is no more, and when i start the game after trying to install the mod they are the same as before...

HELP

el_slapper
10-03-2003, 08:37
What version do you have? VI or MTW 1.1?

Me have MTW 1.1. Wesmod 1.85 works very well, later version use Viking files.

ticcan
10-03-2003, 09:18
Its version 2.0, what the version is after you install Viking Invasion.

motorhead
10-03-2003, 10:20
Are you certain you're unzipping into the 'Medieval - Total War' folder and not the higher level 'Total War' folder? If installed in correct folder you should see a 'MM NoUnits Charts and Readmes' folder below your MTW (not TW) folder.

ticcan
10-03-2003, 11:53
When i installed MTW i created a folder called c:/Games/Medieval Total War, and installed it into there, should i have installed it into c:/Games/Medieval Total War/Medieval Total War????

motorhead
10-03-2003, 12:30
I don't think the mod cares about the specific folder name or location (my own game is not in the default install directory either). The 'MM NoUnits... folder should be at the same folder level as your Savegames folder. When you start up MTW you should see 'MM NoUnits 2.04' (or something very like it) at the top left of the start menu screen.

ticcan
10-03-2003, 12:35
I installed the mod into the same folder as the .exe for starting MTW is.. does it need to be in a subfolder?

motorhead
10-03-2003, 13:09
That's the right place for it. Try downloading the file again and reinstall it, although a corrupted download usually result in game crashes. Just to be sure, when you say 'installed' the exe file, you ran it, right? The download exe file is a self-extraction utility that will create the folders and files you need. If you don't see the 'MM NoUnits... directory then it is not installed yet.

Here is Wes' installation tips for his 3.1 mod (which can't be all that different from 2.04):

Quote[/b] ]Installation:
For those of you downloading the mod from my site, it is contained in a self-extraction utility, so all you need do is save it, click on it, and follow the instructions. And please take the few seconds required to read them, as they may save both of us considerable time later.
If you downloaded the mod through the Org, or 3-D, then the self-extraction utility will be contained in a Winzip file. Simply unzip the mod into a temporary folder, and follow the instructions above. That’s it.

ticcan
10-03-2003, 13:49
The 2.04 was not a zip file it was an exe, so i installed it - ran it - into the MTW folder, i did not see anything there afterwards that i could run that was different. The 3.03 bit seems to be zip files that u unzip into the MTW folder.

What is the 3.1 mod, is that the latest one?

Why isnt this just easy Do i just need the one mod, or are there add ons that are required?? And why if i installed 2.04 into my MTW folder and it said it had installed correctly am i not seeing the MM no units folder?

motorhead
10-03-2003, 14:00
Only other thing i can think of is maybe you don't have permission to create files on your desktop? If you set up an administrator account or fiddled with group management, this _might_ have happened. If not, try emailing wes (bottom of the page at his site). good luck

ticcan
10-03-2003, 14:06
Its a home computer with no permissions needed for anything.

I was going to email Wes but thought i might not get a reply for ages so was hoping someone on here who uses Wesmod for Viking invasion could tell me what version i need, what they did and what i have done wrong......

ticcan
10-03-2003, 19:13
I dont understand this. I installed 3.10 Graphics part into C:/Games/Medieval Total War/Medievel Total War then the text files. There are all the folders MM Nounits etc etc, but when i start MTW its exactly the same as before i installed them

Gregoshi
10-04-2003, 02:42
Hello ticcan. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Welcome

When you say you installed the mod and the nothing, exactly what do you mean? The game won't run or VI runs as if there is no mod installed? One thing I've seen suggested before is to do a fresh install of MTW/VI. Uninstall the game and then reinstall it. Or install a MedMod version of VI in another folder specifically for the mod and then install the mod into this new install of the game.

Good luck. It is probably something simple.