PDA

View Full Version : Crash to Desktop on Orleans battle.

sparrow
10-04-2003, 00:00
Greetings,

I have a problem with the Orleans battle of the 100 years war campaign. As soon as the map loads, I can pan around and group my army into sections, then I get a CTD. Have tried a few things, such as rebooting and changing my 9800 catalyst drivers to both 3.6 and 3.7, to no avail. The game is fine otherwise, I have just played Stamford bridge to check to see if it was isolated, and it seems to be on that one map. I get no error message. This is with the VI expansion loaded, no mods. I had a brief look in Apothecary, couldnt see anything.
My specs are:

Sapphire 9800 pro - Cat 3.7
Abit NF7V-v2 motherboard (10*216)
DX9.0b
onboard sound
XP2600+
winXP pro
etc

Gregoshi
10-04-2003, 03:27
This is the only topic I could find talking about Orleans and crashing: 3 problems (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=23;t=551;hl=orleans+and+crash). The crashing of Orleans is in using the map for a multiplayer game. Interesting.

Kraellin
10-04-2003, 19:00
yeah, i think we had a report on that map before being bugged. dont know what it is exactly, but i do seem to recall seeing this before. if all other aspects of the game are working ok, and you only get this on that one map, then it's a fair certainty there's something goofy with that map.

K.

sparrow
10-04-2003, 21:00
Thanks for the replies. I have since reformated my system, thinking that there might be residue nvidia display drivers around (I upgraded my video card from an nvidia Geforce), so will give it ago later on
Cheers