PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

DeadRunner
10-04-2003, 19:17
ok i know this is stupid but how i can retrain my units in shogun, when by the way i heard that in medevieal is capable of retrain too ???

Cebei
10-04-2003, 22:20
Another stupid question-- what does retraining mean?

sparrow
10-04-2003, 23:53
Id like to know this as well. Keep hearing about it, but dont know how to do it

pdoan8
10-05-2003, 00:49
Retrain is to train the combat unit again to make it fresh (full strength), or to give it new upgrades. It does not upgrade unit to another level or a better unit type.

STW:WE/MI Retraining

- To replenish depleted unit and make it full strength required that you have the capability (dojo) to train that type of unit. Retraining unit in a higher dojo level can also give it the dojo honor bonus.

- No requirement for weapon/armour upgrades. You can upgrade any unit where you have better weapon/armour (this is better than MTW).

- Retraining unit in the advantage province (ex: retraining Cav in Shinano) can also give it + 1 honor bonus (may not work if the unit already had 3 honor prior to the retrain).

To retrain a unit:

- Open the unit training screen (where you normally train new unit).
- Click on the unit or the army stack contains the unit(s) you want to retrain.
- From the unit preview panel in the bottom of the screen, drag the unit you want to retrain into the training queue.
- You can re-arrange the training order as you wish.

MTW/MTW:VI Retaining

- Required that you have the capability to train that type of unit even when you just need an upgrade. Retraining unit in Master building level can also give some unit types +1 valour bonus. King's unit and Mercs can not be retrained.

- Provincial valour bonus will not be applied for retraining units that were trained some where else.

- The retrain steps are the same as in STW.

I haven't play both games for over 2 months, so I may forget some details.

Gregoshi
10-05-2003, 01:32
Just to clarify a point in what pdoan8 said - retraining is not available in the original STW. It was the Warlord Edition/Mongol Invasions expansion that introduced retraining to the Total War games.

DeadRunner
10-05-2003, 01:34
thx m8

Oaty
10-05-2003, 03:50
1 big bonus Shogun has that medieval doesnt is in Shogun you can retrain units in provinces that doesnt have them and heres a good example

you have 40 archers in a unit with no upgrades and you decide to retrain them in a province that has an armorer now if that territory has an archer dojo it will bump that unit back up to 60 and throw some armor on them. If it does not have an archer dojo but an armorer it will keep there strength at 40 but they will at least get some new armor.

Now that makes a lot of sense to me because an armorer was fitting men and not training the units. Why they did not decide to continue this in MTW I have no idea

Oaty
10-05-2003, 03:52
1 key note that wasnt mentioned is when retraining a unit is that it has to be in the teritory it is going to be retrained in at the beginning of the turn