PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly Can't Save Game

UdiHrant
10-05-2003, 22:04
After playing hundreds of years in campaign and saving the game to the same name every time - I am unable to save it any more. I don't get an error message or anything but when I reload the game I'm back where I started at the last succesful save. I've tried saving to different names but get the same result.

Has this ever happened to others? VERY frustrating

Any help would be appreciated.

UdiHrant
10-06-2003, 04:05
Forgot to mention - Im playing Medieval with the official patch.

Gregoshi
10-06-2003, 04:53
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Hello UdiHrant. Welcome to the Org forums, aka the Guild.

That is one strange problem you are having. When you try to save the game, do you get the save successful window with the ok check button? What about the date/time of the save when you go to load the save - is it the date/time of the last successful save or the last save you tried?

Has anything changed about your PC between the last successful save and the failed saves?

Doom Train
10-06-2003, 15:37
maybe your savegame slots are finished. Delete other savegames.(Game gives 90 save slots)

UdiHrant
10-06-2003, 16:39
Thanks for replying guys. No I have plenty of saved game spots left - I've only used 3 so far. The game does give me the message that I've succesfully saved the game BUT the date of the new save is listed as back in September even when i save under a different name. In other words if it's October 6 and I open the game, make a few moves, save to a file called 'brandnew' - that save set WILL be written to disk with the date stamp being Sept 27 - and it will be the previous version of the campaign I'm frozen in time

Doom Train
10-06-2003, 18:45
Maybe Re-installing could solve your problem.

Gregoshi
10-07-2003, 02:42
Try checking to see if the save file (or save folder) are set up as read-only. What would change that all of a sudden escapes me, but it is worth a check.

Can you tell us about your system: what version of Windows, CPU, RAM, harddrive and freespace remaining, etc. Thanks.

Kraellin
10-08-2003, 03:05
normally, if your machine starts time stamping all files with the same date, it's time to either change the cmos battery or do a virus sweep. its' not the game. check any other recently saved files outside the game or just make a little notepad file and note the date. also check your computer clock and see if it's out of date and time. your internal computer clock is run off the cmos battery that resides on the motherboard. they wear out occaisionally, and one of the first symtoms is your computer clock goes a bit nuts. thus, you get time stamp errors on files.

edit: oh, and your saved file is now most likely corrupted. try moving it out to a safe spot and try a new save. even if it does save, however, you're most likely going to run into the same thing again till you upgrade the battery.

i believe there was also a virus that screwed up the clocks, so do a virus sweep as well.

K.