PDA

View Full Version : portuguese Orders

DeadRunner
10-06-2003, 19:56
this topic is to give some help to some mods builders that will put portugal
Military units i dont know none for now but in military orders i know.

order of avis (monk military order of portugal made to help in the conquering territory in the iberian peninsula, this oder was a strong conections with the royal family almost is gran masters are from royal family , like second sons our bastards.)

order of santiago
order of hospitalares/malta
Order of Templars

the order of templars was one of more importance and the territory that they control where of great importance almost the lands of north of river tejo where under templar control, when the templars where chased by the pope the poprtuguses kings give santuary to templars and change the name to order of cristo , the templars in the new name stay with the lans of templars and they where extreme importance in the naval expansion of portugal ( the tresuares that the templars have our knoledged many say that they have maritme charts).

sorry of the little help
but this what i can remenber i dont know if is value to the blind king of bohemia mod is up to you m8

Hoplite
10-07-2003, 00:29
The order of Aviz was born in 1170 after receiving a grant of land from king Alfonso. They were first known as the Knights of Évora, and were organized according to Benedictine rule.
The order was not strong enough to maintain their holdings, which passed to the Templars, and the rest of the order was absorbed into the Order of Calatrava, a spanish order.
In 1211 the order received the town of Aviz from Alfonso II, and they took the name the Knights of Aviz. In 1218, the Order of Calatrava gave all of its property in Portugal to the Knights of Aviz, and they were once more an independent order, although nominally falling under the jurisdiction of the knights of Calatrava.

TheSilverKnight
10-07-2003, 00:33
I'm trying to figure how to add a new faction mod. And if I can figure it out, then I will add Portugal and send it to anyone who is willing to try it. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

DeadRunner
10-07-2003, 15:20
i will waiting for that mod m8