PDA

View Full Version : Your a poor smart kid

kataphraktoi
10-10-2003, 13:44
This is an inverse to my first post about rich stupid kid.

Now your a poor smart kid.

The Emperor after being pressured to exempt rich kids from fighting has decided to conscript poor kids, but not just any poor kids. Smart poor kids who know how to survive with little next to nothing.

The situation: The Emperor has given you a measly allowance to buy your own arms and armour, so what do you do?

The only thing you own is just the shirt off your back and a bow and arrow (a composite bow) plus a nice little dagger you got from mugging a rich kid who got exempted from service.

Personally I'd go and mug a few rich kids to supplement my equipment.

Fragony
10-11-2003, 05:45
I would pull someone of his ultra-fast arabic horse, and run like the wind to a better place.

Gregoshi
10-11-2003, 06:46
I'd be smart enough to act dumb. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/shock.gif

Kongamato
10-11-2003, 09:36
A wooden club, made from the densest wood around, and with a grip that can accommodate two hands

A cow skull for a helmet, complete with horns, and lined with leather

A kite-shaped, forearm-mounted shield

This stuff can probably be scrounged around for or bought for a cheap price.

Elite Fanatic Baby

Only Elmo shall die faster than I.

I thought about soaking a cloak in fecal matter to drive enemies away with the smell, but various diseases would kill me anyway, fellow soldiers would not support me, and the enemies attacking me probably would not even notice the smell, being in a battle-mode and all. Perhaps I could acquire intoxicants that could render a berserk state, but willingness to fight to the death usually means you'll be used in such a way.

kataphraktoi
10-11-2003, 12:39
Konga..

very economical, devastating and infectious....will catch on amongst the peasant conscripts.

my latest innovation: exploding rats - fill with napalm then throw. Can catch rats at all good diseased stores.
Napalm might be harder to acquire.

my latest weapon: skeleton jaw of a donkey - Samson used one - methinks this could be devastating.

Anti-christ
10-11-2003, 14:38
Quote[/b] (kataphraktoi @ Oct. 11 2003,06:39)]Konga..

very economical, devastating and infectious....will catch on amongst the peasant conscripts.

my latest innovation: exploding rats - fill with napalm then throw. Can catch rats at all good diseased stores.
Napalm might be harder to acquire.

my latest weapon: skeleton jaw of a donkey - Samson used one - methinks this could be devastating.
you take some tar from the nearest shipwright, there is always some tar lying around

new idea: a slingshot, take some leather, cut it into a string, 'round two meters long, then cut a piece so big that it can contain a mediumsiza rock. very efficient weapon:)