PDA

View Full Version : How?????

NicSO
10-11-2003, 17:20
Siege sucks, game is far more challenging and interesting if there is only 1
way to conquer castle....assaulting it.
How can I change time so that units under siege can survive much longer???

NicSO
10-11-2003, 19:51
And yes I raised units limit stats from 960 to 9600 and 780 to 7800..etc.

But where are the time varibles, I want that units limits stay original, I only wanna change siege time limit numbers.

I would like that fortress can stand 50 years with 960 inside...

Cebei
10-11-2003, 22:37
Well they have to be bionic/cyborg for that. A 50 year siege???

sparkmaster4513
10-12-2003, 02:09
What would they eat, each other? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

NicSO
10-12-2003, 04:18
Yes, yes, but Im tired of sieges, Im playing this game fro over a year and I never saw castle assault in game..it sucks.

Computer player dont give a shit for 1 turn but that small one turn is 1 year.

In dark ages castle assaults wasnt rare, in this game castle assaults DONT EXISTS

It would be far more challenging and interesting with constant castle assaults

Gregoshi
10-12-2003, 07:40
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Hello NicSO and welcome.

I'm a little confused. You say sieges suck, yet you want to mod the game so that the besieged can hold out longer. Are you trying to force the AI into making a assault the only real choice? Basically, you want to play a SP campaign in which you have many opportunities to defend in a siege, right? You need not answer my questions, I'm just being curious exactly what you are after.

NicSO
10-12-2003, 16:16
Thanx, I was here like a guest many times before but I decided to subscribe on this cool forum...and yes, u r right, that is what Im after.

Just like I said, Im playing this game for over a year now and I never never saw assault on castle (only in custom games)...

bighairyman
10-12-2003, 16:48
will last night, i had venice, egyptains invaded me, got me in a siege. i sent relieve forces, the sicilins suddenly just show up with 4,500 troops, i had 200 wile egyptains have 100. so the siclins got me in a siege, then they assult me the next turn, probaly due to that they don't have a province yet. other than that, i rarly saw a AI seige e

Anti-christ
10-12-2003, 18:11
the only times i have seen AI assaults is when youve got like ten guys who are junk and the AI has got like two hundred.

a sweet siege: i had 17 vikings in my fort, the rebels had 20 urban militia outside, just wanted to see how long time it would take before something fun happened. you know what happened? they ketp the siege for four years, losing five guys evere year the three first years, then four, then 1. i got my province back:)

LordChance
10-12-2003, 20:42
Oki
A fun seige game which always is possible is Khazar year 1231 it is without doubt invitable if you place troops there and a castle...then choose to reatreat to castle while 20.000 or so crasy horsmen from the east comes around...

My best seige game ever was 2 units of varangian and 2 of byzantine lancers locked up in a fortress in khazar...while the hord came...about 200 : 1

In my experiance the AI need to have at least 10 : 1 superiority to assault a castle...probably it is coded into the AI...

Also seige games appear quiet frequent but never when you got the a chance...who would assault a castle he did not know he could take...not I...

NicSO
10-12-2003, 21:03
Does anyone here knows response to my question???

btw. I hope that they r going to fix siege problems in Rome:)

Oaty
10-13-2003, 04:35
I quite often do a strategic retreat to a castle. This could be your only option in a major civil war or mass rebellion. I had a mass rebellion once where I was just so pissed off at the Byzantines one game where they had 2 ships equipped with harpoon missles that destroyed over 30 ships so I took my king to kill his king (just trying to be chivalrous) on the island of Crete. Stupid me I didnt take heed that if I kill everyone in battle that the pillaging would occur automatically. Well needless to say my troops destroyed the port so they could rape the woman there for 4 years until they had to go back to there ugly wives. When that 4 years was up I had lost many provinces but at least a price was payed. But when my king was free I had many sieges to lift. Luckily for me I was hearing Jihad Jihad Jihad Jihad all over the great Egyption empire and my 1 and only 9 piety bloodline where every single heir after that got 9 piety. Of all the other games though I do believe I never got better than a 5 piety king and the average probably being 3 or 4

Gregoshi
10-13-2003, 04:43
NicSO, I've posted your question in the Dungeon - Alchemist lab: Increasing length of sieges (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=11837;r=1;&#top).

This should get some more responses.

Anti-christ
10-13-2003, 20:54
an easy way to get high piety with muslim factions: you loose a worthless province to rebels, hten you start five jihads towards that province, not only do you get high-class units, you also get +1 in piety for your king for every finished jihad:)

NicSO
10-13-2003, 21:00
Thanx Gregoshi;)