PDA

View Full Version : The rebels!

kenki
10-12-2003, 19:15
I don't know what I did, but the rebels are all over my country Almost every 4~8 years 5~10 province have rebels. The worst thing yet are the super strong fraction re-emerges, the French and Germans; They came up with 16 Royal Kngihts with full armor and a LOT of Chiv Foot Knights and Chiv Knights, not counting the archers and spear units.

I couldn't keep them down no matter what I do, I tried to lower tax, and put in massive army; but I don't have enough time and man power to put in 2 full slot units in every province. Especially the England and the north east corner of europe, these places rebel like crazy, whenever I pull off some strong units to fight the Turk. Even though the rebels are just some peasants, archers, urban sergents and some spearman. They come in 2000~5000 Even if I out class them by Chiv knights and Chiv Man-at-arms, the number scare off my wimpy 1~3 star generals. Sometimes, I lose haft of my troops to a 6 star general of a peasant army(?)

I need help What should I do? I tried to be mercy to raise the happiness. That doesn't seem to work. Should I cut off all rebels head from now on, so noone every want to rebel? Or should I just kill the ring leader? I never kill any captured rebels, because after every time I release the prisoners my King give birth to a 5~8 star prince, and these Princes are powerful in battle.

brent_james
10-12-2003, 20:27
auto tax..
dont try to conquer provinces that you know you cant keep above %100 loyalty. It will just end up causing you more problems.

LordChance
10-12-2003, 20:36
I guess you are late into the game and controls a large part of the map since that is the only time I have had such problems...

Each province which successfully revolt (or is it revolts only) will start of more revolts....

Where is your king placed...one thing which cause more trouble then any other is a king fighting in a far of land...always always have him in the centre of your kingdom...

Are you building up your provinces because otherwise they wont be content...it will give your king the nice builder virtues...

If you play by glorious archivments a tip could be to skip the revolting provinces since you do not need every province to win...just enough of them...otherwise battle on and may victory grace your blade...

kenki
10-12-2003, 20:41
I don't have VI, plus even if I keep the tax to very low the loyal still 90% and after I slay the rebels it run off to 200%. Sometimes it is 200% and the next turn I got the rebels (?). I keep the province under control for a very long time, like Norway, I got it in 5 years since the start of the game and have been keeping it for a long time.

Most of the rebels start in my richest land. No way I'm going to abandon those richy of iron and gold land plus the powerful army it can make.

I noticed that whenever some fraction attack me or I start massively destroy all of it land, I got rebels all over the place.

kenki
10-12-2003, 20:46
Quote[/b] (LordChance @ Oct. 12 2003,14:36)]I guess you are late into the game and controls a large part of the map since that is the only time I have had such problems...

Each province which successfully revolt (or is it revolts only) will start of more revolts....

Where is your king placed...one thing which cause more trouble then any other is a king fighting in a far of land...always always have him in the centre of your kingdom...

Are you building up your provinces because otherwise they wont be content...it will give your king the nice builder virtues...

If you play by glorious archivments a tip could be to skip the revolting provinces since you do not need every province to win...just enough of them...otherwise battle on and may victory grace your blade...
I think I'm in the High part, I just got gun power. I have over 60% of the map, only have some wimpy Italians with the Pope and the mighty Turk.

My king is a legendary leader + warrior + Mag builder + Fearless, so I send him to way far south west, where I start munching the Spanish.

So I should send him back home a rest?

Gregoshi
10-13-2003, 04:15
kenki, check out the Table of Contents (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=3823) topic in the Main Hall forum. Read the topics under Revolts.

Also check out A Beginners Guide to Total War (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=9190) which has a section on loyalty and other related topics.

Bookmark both these topics as many of the problems you will encounter in the game will be answered in them.