PDA

View Full Version : Longest battle you've had

vlad_demstra
10-16-2003, 07:13
Hello all

How is everyone tonight? After the power surge I decided to Finish my england Camp. The only to factions really left where Me/ golden horde and a spanish . I took out the spainish and went into the longist battle ive ever been with with the golds.. We both seemed to have enuff back ups in that battle to have three battles. But anyway, WE fought, The battle was very even untill My king got killed. This battle lasted very lose to 2 and a hlaf hours. After the battle the golds trashed me like I was nothing. Killing every thing I had.. So I lost LOL.. again -_-

Quokka
10-16-2003, 10:02
The same about 2.5 hours against the Horde. Makes me not want to fight them anymore. I upped the slider between waves or it would have been longer, the battle time limit was 245 min http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif .
I didn't have enough missile troops to drive them off so just had to sit there and take it for about the last 1.5 hours, occaisonaly sending out Cav to chase of the HA when there weren't too many MHC roaming about. Boring as hell. I won losing over 1000 but killing 4000 including their Khan in the first minute, so they wouldn't engage my troops for long and running Chiv Sgts after HA and MHC doesn't work. There are now 9,000 rebels in Khazar http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

Build more missile troops when fighting the Horde, however many you have its not enough.

The_Emperor
10-16-2003, 11:19
Go to the Holy Roman Empire thread in the Throne Room and you'll see an account of the Battle of Kiev. The Mongols invaded with 7,000 men vs my 3,900... Needless to say the battle lasted for FOUR Hours http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif

I have heard that a couple of Patrons have defeated the Horde when they arrived in Khazar in 1235, and those battles literally lasted all weekend

The Wizard
10-16-2003, 11:45
Yes indeed, I'm all too familiar with that... Once I fought a 3,500 vs 4,500 battle against the Mongols as the Byzantines... well, they opened up with a massive Heavy Cav charge, which I beat back relatively easily. However, then the annoying part started...

Now you all now that Byz heavy cav (aka Cataphracts) are way too slow to catch those annoying Mongol horse archers... and my archers ran out of ammo real quick... these would've easily won me the battle but I hadn't ordered my reinforcements to suit my defensive strategy, by letting the archers come in first... so in stead, out came two units of lancers and a unit of PA... these were fast, but not fast enough to actually catch those cav archers... just fast enough to drive them off...

So, I exited the battle, loaded the Quicksave I made, and then let the battle be calculated; I knew it would bring me a lot more losses that I could've prevented by defending Georgi personally, but I just didn't wanna beat back wave after wave of mongol cav archers/steppe heavy cav and waste my time.. in the end it lost me Georgia because of te heavy losses I had suffered http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

LordChance
10-16-2003, 12:21
dont know what the timelimit for a fortress against about 20k of mongols is but it is over 2h and I survived to the end of it...Varangians are great in seiges cant say anything else....(also when they are unkillable since the bug behind a house help in the last 10 min or so...

LordUxbridge
10-16-2003, 12:54
This battle was with the Napoleonic Mod. Playing as the French and invading Russia, just trying to destroy their field army, not take territory. After some strategic maneuvring, I invade Novgorod with my I Corps (3997) men, while II Corps holds Lithuania, III Corps holds Kiev, and my Guard (led by napoleon&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif and IV Corps wait in reserve in Volnynhia (sp?). The Russians bring in 2 Corps, totalling 6926 men.

The ensuing battle lasted 2.5 hours (approx). Early on the russians made a savage, lighning attack on my right, pinning it while the bulk of their forces advanced onto my right, under a heavy cannonade. The attack on my right forces my skirmishers from a village they occupied, and causes my right wing to fall back on the centre. The Russians then put in a big attack on my left wing, but my troops are able to force them back under heavy musket and artillery fire. With this attack repulsed, and reinforcements on their way, i resolve to retake the village, and advance fresh troops into position. Under heavy resistance from the Russians the village is retaken. Reinforcements to my damaged left wing strengthen it, to fend of a half hearted Russian attack against it. The russians fall back and concentrate on retaking the village, giving me an opportunity to advance my left wing, and occupy a tree-line with skirmishers. Russian reinforcements put in a concerted attack against the village, but it is held throughout the rest of the battle. Eventually i gain enough reinforcements to put in a counter attack of my own, and advance 4 battalions in column, to take the bayonet to the Russians. After the heavy cannonade, the sight of fresh units in column breaks the will of the russians to continue and they retire in disarray, pursued by my light cavalry.

At the end of the battle, the french had taken roughly 1000 casualties to the Russians 3000 casualties and 750 prisoners. best battle ive ever fought.

Glor13
11-02-2003, 00:02
I can't remebr how long it took me to beat the mongols in one turn, anyhow i did it by having an army (turkish)waiting for the me in Khaza. I took a defened position at first and beat there first wave off and kill the khan routing the first few waves and chasing them off the field by about this time i had ran out of ammo... i um... took my remaining force in the nearby forest and waited out the battle. I had about a 1000 sarcen infantry hiding in the woods, with million of arrows flying over there heads. The mongols would commit there steppe and heavy calv. to battle within the woods which didn't do so well and there archer using mass amount of arrows to no avail retreated when they ran out of ammo. Eventually time ran out. Not much glory a hell of alot of time wasting... and one dead mogol invasion. Now if the mongol had fire arrows and set the woods alight... would of made an interesting sceanario.

king steven
11-08-2003, 12:11
if it wasn't 4 that clock in battle mod, my battles would be longer.

all hail King Steven