PDA

View Full Version : Heros? WTF

vlad_demstra
10-16-2003, 20:35
I was looking thew the files as I mod. What are heros? I've never seen them or played them.. I'm soo lost..

Jeebus_Frist
10-16-2003, 20:45
I believe they are historical characters that make appearances in the game around the appropriate time period. You will never know they are there unless you know when and where to look. El Cid is the rebel general in Valencia when you start a game in early, Guy Gisbourne in a five star assassin for the English, and so forth and so on.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

vlad_demstra
10-16-2003, 21:51
ahhh... can you make heros in a mod?

Lord Of Storms
10-17-2003, 04:11
Quote[/b] (vlad_demstra @ Oct. 16 2003,15:51)]ahhh... can you make heros in a mod?
If you are modding MTW VI you can heres my post from the dungeon's Faq on adding new heroes...LOS
How to add Heores to VI, I have added customized heroes to VI for The Lords upcoming Napoleonic Mod, you can see the screenshots of Napoleon and The Duke Of Wellington in the Nap Mod thread in the dungeon. The process is quite simple if you go to Campmap/Names you will see 2 folders The Heroes Default and Vikings Heroes files read the headings they contain some useful info as to the files structure. It starts with the Heroes Name,(you must add heroes name to the Names txt under Hero forenames/surnames using a label[Hero Name ] then {Hero Name }) then date he will appear
(I found if you set the date 20 yrs prior to your campaign hero will show in the 1st year of play)then stats for Command,Dread,Piety,Accumen,Loyalty then a vice or virtue then type of hero anything can be added ,General,Inquisitor,Spy,Emissary etc.
Then you will see a refrence ID_LIMBO this means the hero will show in a random province belonging to the heroes faction. This can be changed to a specific province if desired as can all the other data listed and lastly you will see usually a -1 this points to the heroes portrait a -1 being random.
But you can specify a portrait also as you will see with the screenies of Napoleon and Wellington.(Portraits must go into your Heores Faction/Religions folder i.e. Catholic/Misc and given an appropriate #) Thats about it if I can help any further just ask P.S. The process seems more stable when overwriting an existing hero and changing the stats to suit your need also at the top of each factions heading you will see a number, example FRENCH {20} this is the maximum allowance of heroes for that faction.

Edited by Lord Of Storms on Aug. 03 2003,17:11