PDA

View Full Version : General's Stars

Hobot
10-17-2003, 03:46
I've played a whole lot, and all they seem to do is add valor to units that the general controls. 1 valor for every 2 stars it seems...well then my question is this: Is there any difference at all between a 2 and a 3 star general? Or is there only a difference with every even numbered star...thus the mighty 9 star general is just as good as the 8 star?

Personally i'm pretty certain that there isn't any difference between these, but I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure...

bighairyman
10-17-2003, 04:48
i think the stars give ur general more life points, ehich means it's harder to kill.

anyone knows more about this?

vlad_demstra
10-17-2003, 05:02
I find a 4 level star gen has a hard time dealing with a 6 + star gen.. If if the army it self is small. But yeah I think that has to do with the valor. Other wise I can't see a differnce.

Snowhobbit
10-17-2003, 07:37
The stars also give a increased morale bonus...

Alrowan
10-17-2003, 08:34
every 2 stars increases unit valour by +1

Ironside
10-17-2003, 08:53
The stars do increase life of the general but I'm not sure if that is for every star or more rare.

Higher star generals also gives a morale boost if close to battle or a lesser bonus if on the battlefield (encougaged by the general). I think it was giving a bonus for every star if the general is close and if far away every 2 stars. This bonus is lost if the general have withdrawed.

An 8 star is as good as a 9 star, one life and one in morale isn't gonna make any difference anyway.

Search the forum for more info.

Togakure
10-17-2003, 20:00
My understanding is that the stars in MTW work in the same way that they do in STW.

For every 2 stars, 1 valor is added to every unit in that general's army. Valor increases attack, defense, and morale. I've heard differing views on how much these are increased. Some say +1 attack, +1 defense, and +2 morale for each valor increase. Some say the attack increase and defense increase alternates every other valor point increase.

Thus, a 2-star general adds +1 valor to all units in his/her army, a 4-star adds +2, a 6-star adds +3, etc.

I haven't noted any difference in 3-, 5-, 7-, 9-star generals when compared to 2-, 4-, 6-, 8-star generals, respectively.

motorhead
10-17-2003, 20:56
Every 2 command stars valor increases by 1, 1 valor gives +1att, +1def, +2 morale. I've read the odd stars (1,3,5,etc) give their base valor increase and +1 attack but have never checked this.

For the general he gains +1 hitpoint per star (see this thread (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=9867) about calculating hitpoints of generals and kings for more detail).

Hobot
10-17-2003, 21:26
Thanks for the responses, and the link motorhead, they were all very helpful http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif