PDA

View Full Version : can u make a historical battle?

jagmaster
10-21-2003, 22:25
can u? so u can have prearranged unit placements, special sized units, and high valour?

i know i posted this about a month ago but i never got any replys.

thanks

Cheetah
10-22-2003, 03:26
Yes, you can. You have to change the .bdf (battle description) and the corresponding .adf (army description) files. These are text files and can be opened with any textfile editor, just you have to save them as .bdf or .adf respectively. I am sure that some of the modders know more about this, and also pretty much sure that there must a thread about it somewhere ...

jagmaster
10-22-2003, 21:14
cheers, all becomes clear, i'm gonna have some fun now making battles for my friend.

some of the lingo is a bit confusing in those files but i'm sure i'll figure it out.

i would ask modder people but i can't post in their forum.

if i reply again about what things mean in those files will people answer in here?

thanks for ur help, thats been annoying me for months

jagmaster
10-22-2003, 21:20
cheers, all becomes clear, i'm gonna have some fun now making battles for my friend.

some of the lingo is a bit confusing in those files but i'm sure i'll figure it out.

i would ask modder people but i can't post in their forum.

if i reply again about what things mean in those files will people answer in here?

thanks for ur help, thats been annoying me for months

jagmaster
10-22-2003, 22:31
hi

ok so i've made what appears to be an ok set of .bdf and .adf but how do i get my historical battle to appear on the list and where do i write the discriptions for it and stuff. presume thats in another file somewhere but which one?

Gregoshi
10-23-2003, 04:35
jagmaster, you should be able to post in the Dungeon forums. You are a Junior Member, not Junior Patron. Please confirm that you can post there and then I'll move this topic to the Dungeon where it belongs.