PDA

View Full Version : HRE PBM

dessa14
10-22-2003, 08:09
send mail to aussiefalcons@hotmail.com if you want to play this campaign documentation is enclosed in zip file
thanks dessa

Demon of Light
10-24-2003, 10:25
Have interested parrties contacted you yet? Can interested parties post here to express that interest?

dessa14
10-24-2003, 10:35
anyone can post here if they are interested
thanks dessa

Cazbol
10-25-2003, 08:58
Dessa, I think the interest for the campaign suffers a bit because a HRE campaign was played not too long ago. The fact that the admin is new to PBM campaigns may also have an effect. If you want to get things running I'd recommend that you play the first reign yourself and post regular accounts of that reign so people see the commitment. That might attract players.

Hope that helps.

dessa14
10-25-2003, 10:43
i played the first two reigns to get the game started the next thing im doing is modding an early russia campaign
thanks dessa

Bevan of Hertfordshire
10-26-2003, 02:34
I'll have a go mind you though i'm not a pro

If i can join my e-mail is lord_bevan@yahoo.com
But i'll be away for a couple of days so if it starts soon skip my go,

Thanks
Bevan http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

o_loompah_the_delayer
10-26-2003, 23:59
is this VI or MTW 1.1?

dessa14
10-27-2003, 01:36
it is the latest vi patch
thanks dessa

Bevan of Hertfordshire
10-30-2003, 11:47
I'm back and i'm ready to play i've also sent you an e-mail anyway.
Thanks
Bevan http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Bevan of Hertfordshire
11-01-2003, 21:36
Write up for Emperor Ludwig IV

Ludwig was already old (60) when he ascended the throne in 1140 ,he had been left with an empire with hostile borders and a mismatch aristocracy that had almost lost faith for the lack of rewards and titles.
He assigned all the titles trying to pull the empire closer to him.

Bandits had moved into bavaria to try and steal land and florins in what they hoped was the strong Emperors absence. Ludwig assembled armies from Bohemia and Austria and crushed the rebels in a valley they were no match for his Men at Arms and Royal knights, although he questioned his fathers mind for his lack of archers in his armies.

The French crusade to Brandenburg was left to march through to Brandenburg via Franconia without so much as a second glance.

------------------------
I'll continue tommorow my dads on my feet about getting off the PC

dessa14
11-02-2003, 03:54
yeah when he dies because he is 60 ill let you play a second king ok also i built lots of infantry because i usally can't be bothered thinking when i start a battle and you let the crusade through you should of crushed it IMO
did you hang on to italy thanks dessa

Bevan of Hertfordshire
11-02-2003, 12:28
In 1142 Emperor Ludwig IV began his great offensive the french armies melted away in Lorraine and Ile de France.
Later that year while the French Dog's captured Berlin, Ludwigs armies swarmed into Franconia and cut of Brandenburg.
Champagne was taken and once again french armies retreated before the might of the German War Machine.

The Garrison soon sallied out against the Valiant Germans and were met at the Bridge over the river Seine by the besieging Germans. The Germans fought bravely surrounding the french king and almost taking his life.
But the sniveling coward Adolf Von Lothringen broke and fled and the army melted away despite the best attempts to rally the befallen units.

In 1143 later hordes of French hobilars wrangled freisland from Ludwigs grip. A Sicilian invasion of Provence was defeated by the Germans and borders in the Italian Provinces were strengthened in anticipation of the attack.

In 1144 Prince Otto married Princess Clare of England cementing their only Alliance. The English King promised to come to the Germans aid and promptly invaded and captured Flanders and Blois Castle. The Sicilians were once again pushed back in Provence and no attempts on the German possesions in italy were made.

In 1145 Ludwig IV invaded the Papal states and the Pope fled before him. Alas though his health failed him and on November 1 1145 AD Ludwig IV died leving his son Otto to become the new Holy Roman Emperor.

dessa14
11-04-2003, 10:28
good work for 3 years no infrastructure built i guess just a little bit of warring? so the french are falling the second super power that tried to wage war against me in my game italy were far stronger then france but i destroyed them for taking provence
thanks dessa