PDA

View Full Version : need help with LukMapMaker!!!!

Duke Malcolm
10-24-2003, 19:31
I downloaded LMM2 and 3, and 4, and whenever I use them, a message saying could not find command WScript:Sleep. Anyone know what's wrong?

Wellington
10-24-2003, 23:51
This is the 2nd thread you've raise for exactly the same problem. I responded to your previous thread and received no further input from you. Rather you decided to raise yet another thread asking EXACTLY the same question.

Now, whilst I try to be helpful I don't exactly have a reputation for tolerance, and I have no intentation of chasing threads from people who appear not to have even read the comments offered in posts in previous related threads.

Read my response to your previous thread, consider what I said and offer some input so people who have used LMM can (perhaps) assist you.

No one can assist you if you DONT offer info.

Questions -

- what op/sys (EXACTLY) are you using?
- what version of VB Script (EXACTLY) is installed on your PC?
- have you changed the source code in any way (I presume not but see my comments in your prior thread)?

Let me offer a little more. There is no such VB Script command as Wscript:sleep. There IS a command Wscript.sleep.

NO VERSION OF LMM USES THE SYNTAX YOU'VE DESCRIBED.

LMM uses the 'sleep' command simply to allow any Windows processing (that Windows may choose to do in respect of the LMM GUI - all versions) to complete. It's really a command for XP op/sys as XP has pseudo-multi-tasking type processing. This specific command is NOT even necessary on none-XP Windows platforms.

Please read your previous thread, do some basic investigation in terms of your own PC op/sys and version of VB Script installed, provide answers (or at least some feedback) to the questions/points I raised, and ... er ...

... dont raise yet another thread asking the same question yet again http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif

Welly