PDA

View Full Version : A problem to run MTW "normaly"....

plon
10-25-2003, 07:46
Hi

W98, compatible graphic card... But :
Game running at normal speed, picture and aspect look normal, but, begining a battle or campain... there no more colors
All looks like snow white (only white and grey... only army's flag are red or yellow).

It's seems the textures can't be used by exe...

I've same trouble on demo and on game itself

So, if some could help...

Big thnx anyways

Kraellin
10-25-2003, 17:03
try turning down your agp aperture in the bios. if it gets worse, turn it back up.

other than that, this really sounds like a vid card driver problem. what card do you have, what o/s, which directx version, and what drivers are you using?

K.

plon
10-25-2003, 17:41
Hi

Thxn for time...

First, I don't know what is and how to turning down [my] agp aperture in the bios... I try to collect info about that...

Second, about my OS : W98 (2nd edition 4.10.2222 A)
DirectX : DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
Graphic card : Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
Drivers : i81XDW9X.DRV / Version : 4.12.0001.2656
VDD mini : i81X.VXD
VDD : *vdd,*vflatd
Version DDI : 7

So... I hope It will help you to help me....

Thnx Anyways Again

Gregoshi
10-25-2003, 23:45
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Humblest greetings plon. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Thanks for joining the Org and the fine people here.

I'd wait for Kraellin's final verdict, but I think your problem in the Intel graphics card. Is your PC a desktop or notebook/laptop?

plon
10-26-2003, 00:13
Hi http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Nice place to clik around
Thnx again for time and response...

My PC is desktop. Any clues this way ?

I made progres about what is, for agp aperture, but I still don't know about how to do that...

I'll wait to Kraellin's final verdict too, before entering Moria's Bios (where the easyest door ?).

And Thnx Again

magnatz
10-26-2003, 10:17
In the mean time you could try to go into the card properties (just right-click on the desktop) and change the number of colors - start with 16-bit (65535) and work up from that, hopefully not all color depths are affected.

Kraellin
10-26-2003, 16:40
bonjour plon,

yes, that card is an onboard card and they are tres mal. no good. they are very cheap cards made for very cheap machines and just dont handle the graphics very well and are poorly supported by intel as far as drivers.

you can try the intel site and upgrade your vid card drivers but it may still be not enough. in my case, i had a similar card and finally had to bypass it by putting in a 'normal', more standardized pci card.

best thing you can do, if you're going to continue to use that machine, is get a regular, decent, plug-in type card and bypass that onboard stuff.

and as for the agp aperture stuff. dont worry about it for now. i'm pretty sure it's your vid card and drivers that are the problem.

K.

plon
10-27-2003, 07:25
Hi

Thxn for time and reponse again

I've tried to change colors, all the disponible set...
No results.

I think Kraellin is right.
I've update the card driver from the properties's deskboard.. Without any better result.
So, I'm on my way to find another graphic card...

Maybe I'll go to ask again about pci or agp... Depend of what I'll find

It's OK for me.
I've got responses I was expecting for on this board.

Thanx To All And All Around