PDA

View Full Version : Sherwood....

Kadagar_AV
10-25-2003, 13:12
sherwood foresters, how can i get them? I'm playing in the early and middle era.

I know they are rebels, but what's the most efficient strat for causing a rebellion that includes them?

further, are they worth it? I mean, having a province just to rebel, are they worth that cost? compared to other archer types (and arbs)

thanx, a bit of a lazy n00bish question, but people on this boards use to be nice.

Sir Chauncy
10-25-2003, 15:46
Well they are high era units so you have to wait until after 1205AD. But I know what you mean about actually getting people to revolt. After a time even places like Scotland and Portugal tend to settle down and get on with their lives without wanted to get butchered.

Curse them.

But there are a few things that you can do. I actively go out of my way to generate strife in some provinces because you can actually make a whole lot of money from the catured people. So, if you are not playing as the English, then actack the province as usual, but then pull out almost completely, leave one or two small units in there. This should cause a newly conquered province to at least resent you a bit. Then, sell or destroy all populace cheering buildings, chruches, watch towers, taverns and the local malitia producing buildings as they all make people happy. What you could also do is appoint a govenor who has very low dread as people aren't as scared of him. If this new Earl has an unhappiness vice, (gluttony is a good one, as is assasinator) then that makes them even more likely to rebel.

All of these are things to get people to hate you. If you want happiness then just do the opposite.

However, if you own Mercia as the English it is very likely that you have it pretty well built up, especially with the bonus to Billmen (mmmmm Billmen with valour bonuses...). It just isn't worth the hastle, time and money of inciting revolt in such a key province. So don't bother.

Best of luck.

Stratagos Desaix
10-25-2003, 16:30
I've incited numerous rebellions in Mercia high period onwards as both the HRE and the French but have never seen them and i've only ever seen Khazar royal cav. once either I have really bad luck or the chances of them appearing are rather slim.

Vigi
10-25-2003, 20:44
I guess having a unit of Sherwoods would be cool but the only way I think you can get them is inciting a revolt in Mercia in high period. Seeing as how I have never tried this I'm not sure whether or not it works. I really don't think they are all that valuable though. Theres only twelve of them and although they have excellent stats how much damage can 12 really good archers do? If they fight really well in melee too thats a different story..but I have never used them so I can't really say.

dessa14
10-27-2003, 01:44
if you want to use them really really bad just mod them in for the english like a normal unit go into the unit prod file find sherwood foresters and change FN_REBEL to FN_ENGLISH or all factions.
tanks a lot dessa

Brutal DLX
10-27-2003, 09:41
It's not worth it. If you want to see some real good unit of that kind, try the Welsh bandits in Viking Era. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Nowake
10-27-2003, 12:13
Indeed, they are quite tough or so I've heard, but I didn't get them in a campaign game untill now.

Red Cloud
10-27-2003, 20:33
It's not worth it. Get some hashashin (how do you spell that?) instead.