PDA

View Full Version : The Great Story

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:16
This is a very old story I wrote a year ago, on the Black and White boards, and it's pretty damn crazy. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

CHAPTER I: AN EARLY AND STRANGE BEGINNING

A long, long time ago, in the mystical lands of the archipelago Peninsulam Patronorum, on the peaceful world of Eden, there was a species. That species was 'human'. These little, petty creatures (hey, I'm Evil, sue mehttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif) were easy to impress, so they believed in a big, strong, belevolent 'Creature'. They did not know of Gods, let alone believed in one (Note by meh, the Author: Jeez What foolshttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif). This Creature was a Zebra, an angelic Zebra. His name was Bid. Bid was benevolent, and strong, so that he could repel the ogres living in the Outlands, the outer peninsula region of this large island of Peninsulam Patronorum. Because of Bid's Good deeds, the sky had rainbows at day, and with every step a human would take, the air seemed to vibrate because of so much light. It was a true paradise. Yuck. Only where in the Outlands was the sky darker and uglier. Trees were dead there, and the ground itself seemed to be dark, dead, etc. Wish i had that...;) Bid also maintained his strength because of his fear of Evil Creatures that would enslave the people he protected. The villagers thought this was paranoid, but whatever. Who in tarnation cares about villagers? Bid, yes, but he was crazy (Well, that's my view on it;)). Far, far away, in the icy land of Naras, a God was born. This God, called Mirk, was destined to be Evil. Or so he thought. Well, to continue with my story, if you LOUDMOUTHS in the back row would shut up, thank you, Mirk wanted power. But he couldn't get it from the villages he soon controlled on the island. Not as much as Mirk wanted. He wanted all the power. But he didn't know a thing about the world he had so suddenly been thrown in to. Hell, he didn't even have a Creature Har, harrity har. But he didn't know he needed one. Until, that is, he tried to impress the last village on the island he didn't control. The normal villagers of the village were mighty impressed, of course, they were humans after all. But the village elder convinced them this God was nothing He didn't even have a Creature. All the belief Mirk had gained instantly vanished like snow melting in the sun. Or the souls of freshly dead villagers...yum...Oh yes, the story. Angered greatly, the way too fresh God returned to his village, asking where to find a Creature. The villagers shrugged and returned to their normal duties. They were villagers, mind you. That night, Mirk was sulking in his anger near his magic map of the island in his temple. A woman walked in. Mirk demanded what she was doing here, and she explained that she might have a Creature for him. But he needed to do several things first, and then giving her great power...Mirk agreed on doing those things, while thinking that he would dispose of her after he completed the tasks she asked him to do. Ah...treachery and betrayal, isn't it beautiful?

What will happen to Mirk? Will he get a Creature? Will he succeed in killing the woman? Will the woman get that power Mirk had 'promised' her? And what in the name of hell did Bid, his followers and Peninsulam Patronorum have to do with this? All will become clear in the next episode of Dragonba...er...Chapter

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:18
CHAPTER II: TO BE CONTINUED ALREADY? NO, THE CONTINUATION, DOPE

Hey...why are you poking me? Stop that Oh, you want me to continue the story? But I was having such a nice dream...Oh, alright...Jeez you can really whine can't you? Ok, here goes: Mirk had asked the woman what kind of task this was all about. The woman had replied she would show him soon enough. The tension rises Mirk went along with the woman into the next valley. He hadn't ever been to that valley. It seemed to be very normal...until he took a deep breath. Mirk: 'JEZUS CHRIST (whoever that may be...) What in the name of Me (God) is that?' The woman: 'That, my lord, is your task.' They came to a tree, and there, next to the tree, was a HUGE piece o' crap It must've been the size of you toilet or something (Note from the author: Pfff....I'm happy I'm not Mirk...:)) The woman said that if Mirk cleaned all of those turds up, she would give him a Creature. And, to make things worse, Mirk had to do it himself, he couldn't get any of his slav...er...villagers to do it for him. Mirk said: 'WHAT? ME? But...but...do you see the SIZE of those things? I'm not picking one of those up' The woman replied: 'If you don't, no Creature, easy as that.' Mirk sighed and catiously started edging towards the...HEY WHAT ARE YOU GIGGLING ABOUT BACK THERE? STOP THAT I'M TELLING A STORY HERE, EH? Ok, thank you. Where was I? Oh yes...Mirk edged towards the...er...poop. HOLD THOSE GIGGLES IN BACK THERE, LADIES, AND YOU TOO FELLA Thanks so much. He touched it. It was soft...yuck. He broke a branch off the tree and stuck it in the gigantic turd, while thinking: 'I became a God, and I have to scoop poop? Should've read those tiny letters better...;)' When he was done with throwing the massive poo in the nearby stream (probably killing all the fish there...) and went over to another one. And another, another, etc. And no, I'm not gonna explain every single detail of pooscooping What do you think about, man? Until he had cleaned the entire place up. The final piece o'...er...crap was thrown into the river and the last group of fish died off 'cause of it. The woman walked up to Mirk. She said: 'You have completed my task. In gratitude, I am now going to go get your Creature.' Mirk waited half an hour, until, finally, the woman emerged from the nearby forest. 'Here it is', she said, after dragging a seemingly very large bear out of the forest. 'This is the culprit, and your new Creature.' 'THAT LITTLE THING MADE THOSE...THINGS???' Mirk screamed. 'Does it still do that?' He asked, fearing the little Creature would kill off all his villagers if he would poo in his village. The woman said that was all up to him. Then she said: 'Now I want my reward for your Creature. Give me great power.' Mirk said: 'Yes, very well, your the Disciple Leader now...hmm...what should I call him? I know Boro That's a Good name for such a Creature Or...no...this is better: Dracan. And his nickname will be Thims Yeah That's a great name (Note by author: Happy now Adam? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif:)) Thims' The bear immediately responded to the name. 'Kill that woman Eat her And for Gods sake, just poo against trees' The bear grabbed the screaming, running woman. She flailed wildly, but the bear easily stuffed her into his mouth. A bit of chewing, crunching sounds and a contented burp from Dracan later, the woman was gone. Mirk thought he would now show those arrogant people of the last village. He would kill them all And he would use Dracan/Thims for it Carnage...hmmm...I like ithttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

What foul things shall befall the poor Tibetan inhabitants of the last village? I hope nasty thingshttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif How will Mirk and Dracan/Thims get along? See for yourself in the next episode of Sailor Mo...er...Chapterhttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: Ok, so not everything became clear in this chapter. So what? What your gonna sue me? Pfff...I'm so scared...:p

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:19
CHAPTER III: MIRK AND DRACAN (THIMS)

So, Mirk finally had his Creature. He was extremely content, as Thims (Note by Author: I'll be calling him this from now on:)) had heeded him from that stupid woman that wanted his power. Mirk had been training Thims lately. He had taught him to poop against trees that were a reasonable distance away from his villages. The villagers had replied: 'THANK MIRK Phew, we won't die horrible, slow deaths through gassing now' Thims had also been taught how to cast the Heal miracle, the Water miracle, the Fireball miracle, the Lightning miracle, and a bit of the Fireball increase miracle. He went to the Tibetan village with Thims. Boy, was he gonna show that village elder He would show him he did have a Creature. Then, he would make Thims eat the stupid human. Good, scratch one more of that idiotic race http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif When he arrived there, Mirk said: 'Villagers I have returned And I bring my Creature with me' The villagers stared in awe at Thims, who was obese, and had grown a bit since Mirk had gotten him. He was also quite strong. 'Thims Kill the blasphemer', Mirk said. Thims walked up to the horrified village elder, raised his paws, lowered them, walked over to the village store, pointed at the ground, and stood on his head with one hand The villagers were extremely impressed, well, we'll just say they were humans...Then Thims jumped back on his feet, and proceeded to heal the villagers. Then he watered a nearby tree. Mirk was enraged He jumped up and down, shaking his hands like some ape What an idiot. He yelled at Thims: 'You stupid bear I said kill the blasphemer, not entertain and heal him Your worthless' The poor bear cowered before the angry God. He looked real scared and whimpered. Mirk looked at his Creature and said:'Well, I can't ever stay angry at you, can I? Here, have a sheep.' The bear looked up and took the sheep from his master's hand, immediately stuffing it into his mouth. The village was Mirk's now. Mirk was content he had the village, but he didn't want some kind of fluffy Creature that went around helping everyone He wanted a tough Creature that could fight and that could wipe out villages in seconds But how would he get that? He pondered this the whole night, and finally went to check on his village and Thims. When he arrived there, he found out that Thims had grown a bit less strong, but he had gained sparkles and he had a nicer look on his face. He looked at Thims in a bit of disgust. 'I must find a way to make Thims Evil', Mirk thought. Then he noticed a dark, shadowy figure to his right. The dark figure pronounced: 'I have the solution to your problem, but you must promise me great power in your village.' 'Another one of those fools? Why me? Why do I have to be bothered by fools that want my power? Bah, I think Thims will like his taste when I get the answer to my question...'

Who is the dark, hooded figure? What are his intentions? Will Thims ever become the great Evil bear he is intended to be? You can find that out if you tune in to the next Chapter (Note by meh: Wow, I said it correctly in one time Yay for mehttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif)

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:19
CHAPTER IV: THE TURN TO THE OTHERSIDE...

Who was this bloke? What were his intentions? Oh right, I already said that...Ok, once more: TAKE 2 Mirk stared with surprise and anger at the shadowy figure, whom he thought was another one of those crazies trying to get his power What are you doing here?, he asked. I am here to teach you how to change the alignment of your Creature., the guy replied. But first, I'm going to sleep, it's quite late, ya know... He yawned and waled out. That's supposed to be one of those famous helper people?, Mirk thought. The next morning the guy returned. Here, these shall help you teach and change the alignment of your Creature. He handed Mirk a couple of leashes. He pointed at one, more like a rope, Mirk thought it was the least fancy of the leashes. This, this is the Leash of Learning. It can be used to teach your Creature things faster than normal. Miracles, for instance. Then he pointed at a leather, pointy one. This is the Leash of Aggression. It encourages your Creature to be angry and destructive to people, hence the spikes on the inside of the collar. Finally, he pointed at a fluffy, colorful leash. This here is the Leash of Compassion. Because it is fluffy, it encourages your Creature to make the villagers experience the same comfort he is, hence the name 'Leash of Compassion'. Well, duh..., Mirk thought. Mirk took the leashes, and then the unknown person said: Look, to the southeast there is an island, see? Yes, there is, I know. I wonder what's there?, said Mirk. There are three Creatures there, on that small island. They are only slightly larger than your Creature. Use them to fight. This makes your Creature more Evil. Wow Thanks for the information What do you want for it? I'm not done, your Eminence. To get to the island, you go to that mountain plateau, where the sun always goes down. There, you can take a vortex to the island. And about my reward, I want great power. Yes, yes, you're the Disciple Leader..., Mirk said, about 5 seconds before throwing a stone at his head, instantly killing him. He pondered this, and decided to go to the island tommorrow at sunset. He planned on staying there a few days, so he could train Thims well. He took the Leash of Learning and the Leash of Aggression with him and went to Thims the following day. He took Thims to the plateau, and just like the guy had said (when he lived:p), a vortex opened and they were pulled in. They arrived on the island, and were instantly approached by a Creature, an Evil wolf. Ah, a challenger at last Prepare to fight, and hope that thy Creature is strong enough to defeat me, the wolf said. Angered at the fact that some Creature could defeat him, Thims immediately 'put up his dukes'. The bear punched the wolf, and the fight was on. Thims won the match, though only because he was led by Mirk. Then, a neutral ape walked up to Thims. He said: Heal yourself I desire to take you out Mirk healed him with a heal miracle he had found on a miracle pedestal. Then Thims did what he had done the first time and readied himself. The ape was faster than the wolf, but lacked his strength. Thims punched him right in the jaw, then Mirk told him to kick him. After that, Mirk said to Thims to make a combo, so Thims hit the ape, kicked him, swatted his face and then finished the fight with a powerful follow-through. Mirk healed him again, and Thims had gained some scars And he had lost his fuzziness and sparkles (Note by author: Thank God I was wondering when that would happen YAY Go Thims, Go Thims http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif) Then Thims walked up to the last Creature, a Good turtle. He challenged him by shaking his fist at the turtle. The turtle shook his fist back at Thims, and then said: Very well, if yas wanna fight, then yas get a fight Prepare to get handed yas butt back to yas Thims frowned at the weird turtle and went into fight position anyways. The turtle punched Thims, kicked him, and then punched him again, but Thims struck back by uppercutting the turtle. But the turtle turned his shell to Thims just in time to catch the next blow. Then he turned back and headbutted poor Thims. But Mirk ordered Thims to hit the turtle hard by drawing a star in the air. Thims apparently knew this gesture and round-house-punched the turtle extremly powerfully, putting all his rage into that one punch. The turtle was floored instantly, and Thims cheered and clapped and jumped around waving his arms because he had won his hardest match yet (that doesn't say a thing, eh?http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif). Then, the vortex reopened and Mirk and Thims went through. When they returned to the village, Thims passed the villagers and went straight to his pen to sleep. He had changed, for the worse (better, in my eyes, they're just villagers&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif, and actually, Thims couldn't wait until he could fight again Content, Mirk watched his pretty small bear (he would be classed -22.00 negative growth, mehthinks:)) go to sleep, with his alignment down.

Will Mirk and Thims go back to the island? Will Thims become more Evil? And will there be more of those crazed nuts that ask great power in exchange for information? And in God's name, will you ever learn why I mentioned Bid and his followers in Chapter I? Find out everything but the latter in the next episode of The Bold & The Beau...er...Sesame Stree...er...The Great Story Yeah that's it *nods contently*

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:20
PIE For I am back, back again, here to stay (well I think;)), to post more chapters, so rejoice (or, as I like to say, PIEhttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif) Ok that didn't rhyme but who cares. You do? Bah, I don't care about you BUT...back to our (anti?http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif)heroes.

CHAPTER V: MYSTERY

So, Mirk and Dracan/Thims had trained in fighting (Damn, I really hate that Mirk for giving his Creature two names at once Well, whatever...:mad: ). Fast forward a month after the last of their adventures I cronicheled. Thims had gained many scars. He had several on his arm (the most), one on his face, 3 on his belly and chest, and 4 others on his right arm and his legs. He had also gained a greater Evil look. His teeth had grown several inches, and his fur had become a dark red-brown. He also had black smoke or something (What is that stuff?) eminating from his entire body. It was quite a change for the villagers, who were used to him as a nice, kind, gentle Creature. Now, he had lost that look and that character, and he had become far more aggressive. Not that he attacked villages. Mirk had beaten that out of him a long][i] time ago. He he he he...:) Bah, they were just villagers, why am I telling this with so much emotion? Like [i]I care about villagers. On this day, a nice day for the winter, Mirk and Thims were once again on travels in strange and far away lands. For them, that is. For real Gods, it was nothing. More like a walk in the park. But, Mirk was a new God, and he would mature (The Godly way of course) eventually. Lets hope. I'm getting a bit tired of his stupid antics. But who am I, alas? To finally continue: They had gone off to an Island where a Creature League was located. Now before you all go off thinking this is something like the Brotherhood of Creatures (that didn't exist yet, mind you), it was not. It was more like a group of Creatures that sparred with each other. When Mirk and Thims arrived, they arrived on a beach. They had come here sailing with their boat, which was formarly owned by a group of fishermen that thought it would be smart to go out to sea to fish. Who would ever do that? Well, humans have strange minds...Mirk and Thims happened to pass by at the time, and Mirk got angry at the insolent fools, trying to defy the old ways. How nice. The result were two bodies in the water, two in Thims' belly (And later on the ground, if you know what I mean...yuck.), and three burning on the beach. Thims and Mirk confiscated the boat and Mirk planned to use it to get to other islands, as it was more mobile than a Vortex, they only got you to one island. Like, dûh, d00d. Well, he was new. Whatever, he wasn't 1337 at all (Yet? Let's hope so...). But who cares? On with the story: So, they had used the 'borrowed' boat to get to the new island. Once arrived, they hid the boat (No, it wasn't as large as the *forbidden language* missionaries' *end of forbidden language* boat) in the bushes near the beach. Then, they conquered a village by just walking into it (Hey, the villagers hadn't ever seen a God before. Suckers.), and then the villagers erected a Totem in the name of Mirk and Thims (Anyone remember those early plans for B&W?). Mirk and Thims helped build a few houses, and then they went off to search for the League. It didn't take long to find that particular League. They saw an Evil leopard in a clearing in a densely forested valley, not too far from the village. Thims approached the leopard and Thims challenged him. Thims was way too strong for the leopard, and quickly overpowered him. after Thims had finished witht he leopard, he got up and healed himself (I'm talking about the leopard, dope&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif. Then, the Creature walked off. After about five minutes, a big, relatively fat tiger came walking out of the forest (Big as in bulky;)). It said: I am Narto, and I am the leader of the Creature League of this Island. You are powerful. You defeated Gort, the leopard you fought with, in record time I wish to test my mettle against yours. Prepare to fight And so, the *relatively fat* tiger and the *obese* bear fought. Thims started the fight by uppercutting him from afar, stepping to him and uppercutting him. Then, he followed it up with a *sigh* follow-through. Narto retaliated by kicking Thims twice after each other, and then clawing him in the belly. Thims was hurt, but he could take more. He smacked Narto in the face, and then kicked him with an awkward (

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:24
PIE For it is once again time for the next Chapter of the PIEest story around. And for you smart@$$es, that's this story.;) J/k. But it is time for the next Chapter. Enjoy it ^_^

CHAPTER VI: THE END?

What? Scared of the name of this Chapter? Awww...*Pats your head* Don't worry...:p You want the story now, hmmm? Very well: So Thims had beaten his toughest opponent yet. So Mirk had learned lots in the last 3 months. The most in the last month and a week. That's after he got Thims. They had become Good buddies (Evil ones actually;)). But...to all Good things comes an end, they say (I'm Evil, so: PIEhttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif), and one cold winter day, something would make an end to Mirk's and Thims' idyllic lives. And it would just make an end to the villagers lives. That's just PIE, if you ask meh;). So, what was this messenger of destruction? What would the message be? How messy would it get? Listen well, and you might just find out. On this cold winter day, Mirk and Thims were training. Or, a better way to say it would be: Thims was training. Mirk was teaching him a Miracle which allowed him to create a flock of animals. Mirk, at the time, didn't know this really impressed those puny humans. What a fool;) . And Thims had been weight-lifting lately, which had made his large belly look smaller. He was only getting heavier this way though. Thims had gotten more scars from his recent fights with Gort and Narto, and also an even darker fur and nastier look. Mirk had also noticed that his bear had gotten bigger teeth, pointier ears and that his claws on his paws (That rhymed How nice.:)) and his feet had grown. All-round, his Creature was looking like a pretty nasty thing. Mirk liked;). It was the end of the morning. Thims had just finished his weight lifting, and he and Mirk headed back to their Egyptian main village, where Mirk's temple and Thims' pen were nearest to, when a thunderstorm started on the other side of the island. Nothing special, you could say, and Mirk thought so, but after a few minutes, when they had arrived at the village, it became more violent. And after a few more minutes, even more violent. Every few seconds now, lightning flashed. And the thunderstorm was heading towards Mirk's Aztec village. When it arrived above that position, it hovered there for fifteen minutes. Now, Mirk was curious, and he leashed Thims and went to the Aztec village to see what was exactly happening. After a few minutes, they arrived there, for Thims had run to the village. They saw burning houses and trees, and villagers running around in fear and terror. The sky had turned dark, and the rain was lashing the buildings, the villagers, Thims, everything it hit. The strangest was though, that the clouds of the storm were hovering only over the Aztec village. Mirk and Thims put out all of the burning flames, but it was futile, every time they extinguished a fire, lightning struck somewhere else and they had to douse those flames. When they were done with that, the lightning had already caused fire at several other places. Mirk needed to know what was causing this volatile storm. It couldn't be normal, because it hadn't moved for half an hour since it came over the Aztec village. And it seemed to not only strike the highest parts, like trees and tall buildings, but also villagers and the ground. This just can't be normal What in the name of the heavens is causing this?, thought Mirk. What they didn't notice was a large, dark figure, which seemed to be shrouded in mist. It didn't move, but it wasn't some rock formation. Then, suddenly, tens of wolves stormed into the village and started attacking the villagers and eating them alive. These wolves certainly weren't normal. Mirk cast lightning their way, but discovered it did them no harm. Huh? What is this? These wolves are generated by a Miracle, he shouted. To Thims he said: Thims Quickly Use your powerful sense of smell to sniff anything peculiar out Thims obeyed, and he motioned to Mirk that he could not smell the wolves. Then, he went back to sniffing. After a few moments, the soaked bear pointed northwards and roared. What? What are you pointing at?, siad Mirk. He followed the paw of the bear to see at what he was pointing. At first, he couldn't see a thing but rain and mist. Then, he looked closer. He could discern a form He threw a fireball at the dark form. But the fireball was diverted to the right of the form. What is this? What can deflect a fireball? Not even a God can do that It can't be a God It's too large, Mirk shouted.

What is the dark shape? What are it's (very likely to be Evil;)) intentions? What are Mirk and Thims going to do? Find out in the next Chapter of Spawn, by The Fallen Ninj....er...mistake there. Find out in the next Chapter of The Great Story, by TheWhizz http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:24
Hmmm...should I PIE or not? Guess not.;) I'll just let you lucky people enjoy meh story.:)

CHAPTER VII: DISCOVERY OF THE WORLD (FOR MIRK)

Mirk had seen the dark shape looming over the village. It was aboslutely massive He didn't know what it could possibly be It was so large, he hadn't seen anything larger before Except mountains, maybe. He walked closer, letting Thims take care of the village. But trying to do that was hopeless. The lightning bolts striking the buildings were simply too frequent. Who dares attack my village?, Mirk shouted at the figure. He said it bravely, but actually, he was terrified. I do, came a thundering voice from the form standing outside the village. That doesn't help me one bit What are you?, shouted Mirk dubiously. I am your doom incarnate, it said. Then, it's laughing boomed through the valley of the Aztec village. Show yourself, Mirk screamed foolishly. After this absolutely idiotic remark, the looming figure stepped out of the mist that surrounded it and into the storm it had most likely created. It was massive. Its steps thunderous. Its height larger than Mirk could comprehend. It was an Evil polar bear. I, came the deep voice from the Creature,am Beryllinthranox. But you can call me Beryl, should you desire to. Again the booming laughter surrounded the petrified God and his Creature. And I have come to destroy you. Why? What have I done to your master?, Mirk asked, in a quivering voice. I have no master, fool I have just come to destroy yet another puny Island, Beryl shouted at the God in her terrifying voice. Rage quivered in it. Look at your tiny Creature. He is nothing. I could eat him if I would desire to HAHAHAHAHA, she laughed again. It was truly a terrible sound to behold. Nothing has ever been able to hold me back Only one Creature was ever able to stop the rage of Beryl But he was severely weakened after that And he was as large as me Not like you and your puny Creature. I eat Creatures of that size, yet again, she filled the valley with that petrifying laughter. It was not laughter of a bear Creature. It was a low, numbing roar. It sounded demonic, and was very hard to resist, even for a God. Look at you You stand there, staring at me in pure terror I will hunt you down if you run And believe me, I will catch you. And then, I shall destroy your Temple. The end of your existance Run, puny God, and take your even punier Creature with you I will let you, she boomed. With this, Mirk and Thims suddenly unfroze and ran for their lives. After them came Beryl's voice again: I will toy with my prey, torturing it. Then I shall deal the final blow Once more her numbing laughter filled the valley, it's echos following the two. When they arrived at Mirk's main village, the Egyptian one, he ordered the villagers to come to the town center. When all the villagers were there, twenty minutes after Mirk and Thims ahd escaped Beryl, Mirk said to them: Villagers You are the last of my followers that are still safe Come, help me and Thims uncover the boat, and we shall escape this doomed Land Why? It's only storming., said a middle-aged woman. At that moment, the sky turned dark. Dark as night. All of those who want to come with me, follow us, Mirk said to his followers. No one reacted. Very well Stay here and die, fools, Mirk screamed at them. I will live, as well as my Creature, but your bodies shall litter the Island Then, I shall laugh Laugh with all my heart After that, he morioned to Thims and they ran off to where they had pulled the boat on land. Was that wise? Look at the skies, said a young man. Bah, he was just rabbling about., an old man told the villagers. But old one, we have never seen our God so terrified Never, a young woman, who was the wife of the young man, said to the elderly man. Turning to his villagers, the village leader said: Villagers Will you all stay calm Our God was most likely telling us an excuse to leave. Now get back to your duties After this small speech, the villagers parted and went back to their work. By this time, Beryl had destroyed all but the last village, the Egyptian village. While getting their boat to the sea, Mirk and Thims had seen light beams erupt from the sky, above the Japanese village. Knowing that was the last village before the Egyptian village, they tried to hurry. When the light beams had stopped, they had gotten their boat into the sea. Strong winds were blowing, and because of them, the sail went up. The boat quickly made speed, because of the bulging sail. Mirk just managed to pull Thims into the boat, thanks to his great weight. When they had sailed out of the bay, they saw cluds form above the Egytian village. Suddenly, lightning erupted from the pass that leads someone (or something;)) into the village. After the lightning ceased, they saw Beryl walk into the village. She drew a gesture in the air, and cupped her massive paws to the village. The beams of light bore down upon the village. The lightbeams stopped for a moment, but after that, they erupted in much greater freqeuncy and number. Beryl walked to the beach, and emitted a massive roar, which was filled to the brim with rage. Then, they heard her voice scream: Impudent fools I will get you That was the last Mirk and Thims heard and saw of the Island. The very last thing they saw, were 7 fireballs landing in the sea, twent-three meters from their boat. Beryl, of vourse, had fired them.

Where will Mirk and Thims go? What was Beryl's true purpose on the Island? Learn more in the next episode of Medical Det...er...another mistake there (I [b] make them often, don't I;)). Learn more in the next episode of my storyhttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:25
Ah yes, my little children...'tis story-telling time again. Let's start with Dr.Suess *Whizz comes in* HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??? GET OUT *Whizz kicks stupid story-telling maniac out* There That's better. A child says: Mister, are you going to tell us stories? Whizz: Hmmm? What? Telling bedtime stories about green eggs and ham and some whacked cat with a tophat? Scram, kid And you others too http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif *Kids start crying* Grrrrr...Marduk Sacrifice those annoying brats *Marduk sacrifices kids* Ah...much better...don't you think? PIE Next Chapter, viewable only in the BWGame theaters http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

CHAPTER VIII: A NEW HOME?

What happened again? That weirdo hippy telling those idiot children stories made me forget http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif Ah Thank you Now I remember http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Mirk and Thims had been sailing for two days now. Thims was getting very hungry. All the food they had stolen from the villagers was gone. All Thims had eaten lately were a couple of fish he had caught the last evening. It was a dreary sight. After a few more hours, the boat suddenly heaved, and started shaking heavily. They had found land A new Island to live on, perhaps?, mused Mirk. Thims got out immediately, and roared something that sounded like: FOOD He ran to the nearest herd of animals, a pack of wolves, and ate them all. Then, he saw some wild cows, and charged them and ate them too. He was now back to full obeseness.:) Mirk ventured off the beach, further inland, towards where Thims was standing (actually, he was belching at the time;)). He motioned to Thims. Thims, help me get the boat into those bushes over there instead if eating and belching, will you?, he said. Thims walked over to the boat, and Mirk followed. They pulled the boat to the bushes slowly. When they had arrived, it had been the end of the afternoon. Now, it was getting dark. Hmmm...Thims, let&#39;s go further inland. It would be better, I think. Thims nodded, grabbed some nearby sheep, ate them, then swatted two over the head and took them under his arms. For later, you could say, although Thims was staring at them drooling...*sigh* And they came to a village after some time. Thinking he no longer needed the sheep, Thims chomped down on them. Since the village was full of petty villagers, that had never seen a God before, they instantly bowed before them when Thims simply healed them. Bah, st00pid humans. After spending some time with the villagers, Mirk was told by the village elder of an Ogre that had imprisoned a great ape Creature on the other side of the Island. He ruled a very large village on that side. Now, he was captured by the Ogre. Maybe this is a task for thee, o Great One?, the village elder said. Mirk liked that title. Bah, he should learn being called &#39;Great One&#39; by a mere human is just that human&#39;s groveling. Well, to continue with the story: Mirk let Thims rest one more day, before he planned on going to the other side of the Island. So, the next day (now that&#39;s logic, eh?), Mirk and Thims went to the other side. After two hours, they arrived at a valley. In the valley, they saw what you would expect of an uninhabited valley. Hills covered with forests, animals grazing, and a relatively big river streaming through the valley. How &#39;nice&#39;. But in the West of the valley, they could see a strange construction. Mirk guessed that was where they could find the imprisoned ape. Somehow, that has a nice ring to it, don&#39;t you think?http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif They went over to the strange construction. The valley wasn&#39;t small, about three quarters the size of Land One. So, it was big. After twenty minutes, they came near to the clearing. It had all kinds of signs on the gorund, probably drawn there as a part of a spell. It was a pretty empty, desolate place. And in the center of the circle, there stood a massive Creature. It was about three quarters the size of Beryl. Not quite small, then. Next to the frozen ape stood an Ogre, which was half a head larger than Thims (Note: Thims was at about -41.00 neg growth at the mom, just to mention. And Thims was eleven at the moment, Mirk got him when he was ten and a half). Mirk and Thims neared the Ogre, stepping near to the circle cautiously. They were afraid they would freeze over if they stepped in, so Mirk threw a stone in first. Nothing. Well, except the fact that the Ogre noticed them. Stupid, huh? The Ogre said: You come here why? We come here, seeking the great ape Creature. I believe we&#39;ve just found it. Me name Rog. You stupid be to here come. Rog now you beat. He then laughed like an Ogre would laugh. Logical, eh? Thims shook his fist at Rog. Rog pointed at the center of the ritual circle, and he took his position. Thims went to stand opposite to Rog, and the fight was off Rog waited a bit, then he advanced on the seemingly unmoving Thims. Mirk pointed at Rog&#39;s head, and Thims advanced on Rog. He was just about to swat the Ogre with his paw, when he was smacked right in the face. Then, he was underkicked, and finally he was uppercutted. Rog laughed at this and grunted something like: Is that all you got? Thims got angered at this, roared, and pledged himself to beat the living crap out of this Ogre. He used his trademark move, the follow-through, barely missed the dodging Rog, and immediately attempted to uppercut him. That succeeded, sending the Ogre reeling. Mirk pointed at Rog&#39;s feet, and Thims kicked Rog pirrouette style. Then, mirk drew the star symbol in the air, and Thims, of course, new what this meant, and put all of his strength and vigor into that one round-house punch. That sent Rog literally flying back, severely hurt and disoriented because of the massive blow. Mirk used this to tell Thims to finish it. Thims then upper-swatted the Ogre in the face, pirrouette-kicked him, and the finished him with his famous follow-through. &#39;Nuff said. After the Ogre fell to the gorund, the circle started glowing and the lines started to become vaguer, only to disappear a few seconds later. The ritual circle was no more. Rog got up, saw that the ape was melting, and ran away, hobbling because he was hurt, especially his right leg. Awwww...let&#39;s get Greenpeace shall we (that was sarcastic;))? Thims was cheering and clapping again, proud of yet another victory. The ape unfroze, suddenly moving again. ....hmmmm? Where am I? Huh? Who are you? A God? Here?, it said. The ape was obviously confused. Like, dûh, dude...And he had a strange color, a bit yellowy. *Listens to FP in the audience* Ah...he was angelic....YUCK >_< http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif To continue: Thank you for saving me. That Ogre caught me completely off guard. I don&#39;t even know how long I was frozen..., the ape said. He sighed. I... The ape groaned. Sorry. I am Godacious, the Creature of this Island. Who are you? I am Mirk, and this is my Creature, Thims., Mirk said. We came to this Land, running from a very Evil Creature, that destroyed our homeland. What? A very Evil Creature? Was it...a bear? A polar bear?

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:26
Ah yes, time for thee to read Chapter IX. Enjoy people http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

CHAPTER IX: AN UNTIMELY DEATH

Yes, it was a polar bear. And extremely Evil and destructive., replied Mirk to Godacious&#39; question. And female., he ended. Female? A polar bear? Was it... He drew a breath. ...Was she called...Beryllinthranox? Yes That&#39;s it That&#39;s her name How do you know about her? WHAT? You&#39;re telling me you&#39;ve never heard of Beryl before? Where do you come from? From under a rock? No...I just came from an Island she attacked..., replied Mirk sheepishly. Upon that, Godacious answered,Sorry. It&#39;s just that...that I didn&#39;t expect anyone to not now of Beryl in these parts of the world Sorrow drenched his voice. She destroyed my home, my family, all except my brother, of whom I&#39;ve lost track. He sighed deeply. Please accept my apoligies. Apoligies accepted. I am sorry for your family., said Mirk. That is not needed. I lost them long, very long ago., Godacious said. Silence ensued. Suddenly, after a few moments of silence, Godacious yawned. I&#39;m hungry. I haven&#39;t eaten properly in what must&#39;ve been months Let me take you to a nice spot to eat and take a nap. They walked out of the secluded spot in the forest, and passed through the valley. After twenty minutes, they arrived at a &#39;beautiful&#39; spot (for Good Gods, mind you;)). Many herds of animals grazed there. Large herds of buffalo were slowly moving along, eating. Not too far away from the buffaloes, there grazed horses. And there was a very large herd of wild cattle to the northeast of where Mirk, Thims and Godacious were resting. Godacious said: Wait here. I&#39;ll be back soon. With that, he ran off to the herds of animals. He came back with two cows, three horses and a buffalo. I hope you like this...er...what&#39;s your name again?, Godacious said, a bit embarrassed. His name is Dracan. Well, that&#39;s his official name, I call him Thims., Mirk answered. Ah, then I shall call you Thims, young bear. He started up a fire, and put the bodies of the beasts into it. Not before long, the meat was ready and Godacious and Thims ate. Being a God, Mirk did not, of course. After watching Godacious and Thims feast on the meat, Mirk said: ,Why is Beryl so infamous, Godacious? That is a good question. I shall try to explain., the ape replied. Beryl is an ancient Creature, from the beginning of Creatures. Because of that, she is so powerful, and she knows so much Miracles. But, she is not the last. She is a &#39;member&#39; of a group of ancient Creatures. They call themselves the &#39;Lords of All&#39;. Which they are not, but they are capable of, if they would truly work together, which they obviously don&#39;t. Beryllinthranox, the Evil polar bear, is, of course, a member of this exclusive group of Creatures. She is very aggressive and cruel. She loves to travel abut Lands, destroying them one by one, and anything that&#39;s in them. The next member is Onysablet. She is a rhino. She is cruel. Extremely cruel. She loves to terrorize the villagers in her territory, which is about all she does. Next in line is Gellidus, a white, but Evil polar bear. He is not aggressive, as far as I know. He remains in his icy land, because he cannot stand temperatures any higher than those of his land. Another is Malystryx, a great red Evil tiger. Her fur is strange, with the patterns of lava. She is aggresive, but not as mobile as Beryllinthranox. She moves in and around her land of sulphur and volcanoes. She is massive. Stay out of her wake at all costs She is at least a head larger than any normal full-grown tiger. So, heed my warning. The last, but most definately not the least, is Khellendros. He is a blue-furred Evil leopard. He is the most mysterious of them all. Not beacause he is even more static in his movements than Gellidus, but because his goals are shrouded in a cloud of mystery. They are mighty Stay out of their way at all costs They have no real leader, but Malys seems the most likely candidate. Gellidus would be the easiest to avoid. As I said, he never leaves his territory, unless it is at the request of one of his companions. But he is nearly undefeatable in his icy homeland. Onysablet is relatively easy to avoid, but only for the reason that she desires to stay in her lands to terrorize it&#39;s inhabitants. I do not know much about Khellendros, but he seems to be about as mobile as Onys. He is not much smaller than Malys, so watch it with him. Malys seems highly mobile, but only in and around here own land. Stay away from there is my advice. Beryl is the hardest to avoid by far. She only has a small territory for her own, for the rest she conquered is destroyed. She travels everywhere, so be extremely cautious. Should she be on the same land as you, run. Stay out of her reach She will destroy you in a single swipe, escpecially since you escaped her the last time. Expect her to hunt you down for some time, and then she shall give up the hunt, should you have eluded her until then. She will remember you forever, though. I hope this answers your question., he finished. It was silent for a few moments afterwards, for Mirk was thinking of what he had just heard. I shall heed your advice, Godacious. I thank you sincerely for giving it., Mirk replied after several minutes had passed. It was nothing. But I bade you now, leave You must leave here. It is too great a risk for you to stay here, on one place for too long. I fear Beryl will find you then. With those words, Thims growled. Calm, young Creature. Your time shall come. But be patient, and above all, cautious, and your time will come., Godacious told the bear, which seemed to sooth him. Leave early next morning, before dawn. Rest first, and take all the food you can find in the vicinity of your town. May you travel safe Now, I shall go to my village, rest, and protect it again. Goodbye, said the ape. Goodbye, Godacious. Our thanks lie eternally with you. May it fare thee well, replied Mirk. Thims waved, and he and his God went back to their village to load their boat with food. Godacious stood there, watching them go, and wondered if he had done right. He hoped he had, and walked off. Early that morning, before dawn, Mirk and Thims left the Land in their repaired, stocked-to-the-brim boat. A day after their leave, the skies darkened, and it bagan to rain. Godacious thought, My judgement was correct. Good. Within a few moments, beams erupted from the sky above where a village was. Was. Twenty minutes later, he saw her approach. Beryl. She saw him, and ran to the village. He heard her thundering footsteps becoming louder. She neared. And soon, she was in front of him. Where are they, inferior Creature? I smell their stench permeating this entire Land I shall never forget it, Beryl bellowed. They are not here. I have sent them away, before you could get them, child of Destruction., Godacious replied, standing his ground. Bah I will continue the hunt, after I finish with you Beryl drew that Gesture in the air again, and cupped her massive paws towards Godacious, and Godacious only. Beams of light concentrated on the poor ape only, killing him swiftly. Next came the village.
Afterwards, all you could hear was the rain pelting the ground and Godacious&#39; body. And laughter, horrendous, terrifying laughter.

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:27
CHAPTER X: LANDFALL

Mirk and Thims had not seen the &#39;fireworks&#39; last night. They were sleeping (well, actually, Thims had been sleeping, Mirk just hadn&#39;t seen it). They were on their boat, now many miles away from the doomed Land they had visited. Mirk had been thinking, brainstorming on how he would gain the power he had always desired. His homeland of Naras had been destroyed by Beryl. Now he was out in the open world, seeking his destiny with his trusty Creature, Thims. He wondered when Thims would grow as big as Beryl. Always remain power-hungry, my friend, &#39;tis the trademark of the Evil God.;) But he cared for his Creature. He truly did. And he would show the world. He would Well...first he had to become powerful. He needed to get to the top level of Godliness. Unfortunately for him, he didn&#39;t know how. Let&#39;s hope he does, my friends...:) Fast-forward five days. They were still out on the open sea. Or so it seemed to them. They had sailed way northwest from the Land of Godacious. They were about to enter a tropical part of Eden. And they weren&#39;t too far from an Island. Finally I can quit telling the boring sailing bits http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif Well, actually, after nine Chapters, Peninsulam Patronorum finally reappears in the story For the Island they were approaching was part of the famous archipelago. After another twenty minutes, they arrived on the Island. Oh, wait, I forgot something. Because in the meantime, their boat had been smashed against the rocks protruding from the sea around the Island, which was called Dorbim. Thims swam to the shore to Mirk, who was a God, and thus didn&#39;t need to swim, he floated, after all. He shook the water out of his skin, and the twosome headed inland. After a bit of healthy walking, so to say, they came upon an Aztec village. Mirk ordered Thims to impress them, and Thims did so by casting a Flock Miracle. This imrpessed the puny humans livin there so greatly, they fell to their knees on the spot and started paying homage to the two. They constructed a totem there, and a place of worship around it. Thims and Mirk took care of the village, they needed wood for a boat after all. They stayed there a year and three months of Thims&#39; life. Not because they didn&#39;t have enough wood for the boat, no, because there was plenty to do on the Island. There were other villages to conquer, and Godless Creatures to combat. But even though they had found a new home, and Beryl seemed to have forgotten them, Mirk actually yearned to go adventuring again. He wanted more power. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif So, after one year and three months, he ordered his villagers to construct a big boat, as Thims had grown quite alot. So, they needed a boat that was a lot larger than their old one (Thims could now be considered to be somewhere near neg. growth rating -72.00) . So it took the villagers two weeks of back-breaking work. They were just villagers, after all. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif When the large (missionary boat-sized) boat was done, the villagers loaded it with food, and then pushed it into the bay. This bay, luckily, had no nasty rock outcrops just outside. So Mirk and Thims had no problem sailing off. This time, the villagers they had converted to their side and left behind kept on beleiving in Mirk. Unlike the other villagers they had left behind. Ingrates. They sailed due northeast, and within a day, they arrived on another Island. This Island was uninhabited, except for a few wild animals and Creatures. And you all know what Mirk and Thims do to most Godless Creatures. No, FP, they don&#39;t be nice and friendly to them ARE YOU MAD OR SOMETHING?? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif They fight &#39;em, of course. And so they did. For these Creatures were unified in a Creature League, and a fighting one too. They were willing to fight any oncomer. Since Thims was this oncomer, he challenged them all. Fast-forward half an hour now. What do you think happened? Yes, that is correct, Lord T, you would see four Creatures lying on the ground, completely knocked out. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Thims was looking quite Evil by now, as you could see he had quite bigger teeth in his underjaw than a normal bear Creature, and he had turned a darker red. Quite darker red. His ears were pointier too, and his claws on all his paws (that means, all fours;)) were sharper and more wicked-looking. He healed himself, then ate and slept, and after a few hours, they left the Island. For two days, they sailed due northeast again, and arrived on a large, seemingly empty Island. They got off the boat, onto the beach, and pulled the boat into some bushes. Mirk floated upwards, trying to see on what kind of Island they had arrived now. He saw valleys and mountains, rivers and a lake, but what he didn&#39;t see, were plumes of smoke coming from the chimneys of the little huts of the villagers. This didn&#39;t disturb him, as plenty of the lands were empty and devoid of human life. Some naturally, some &#39;fabricated&#39; (i.e. Beryl, or one of the other Lords of All). They moved inland after hiding the boat inside a coastal forest. The two travelled through a long, winding pass, and when it had become night, they arrived in a valley. Mirk decided it would be best if they slept in a cave. Well, Thims, as Mirk did not need sleep. They went down the foothills tat signaled the end of the mountainous path they had followed, and into the valley. But then, they came upon a disturbing sight. At first, it seemed like nothing more than a few rocks in the grass of the valley, near a river. But when the God neared the collection of stones, he saw it wasn&#39;t a group of rocks at al. They were, in fact, piles of rubble. Judging by the burn marks on the ground, the destruction of this town hadn&#39;t happened too long ago.
&#39;Beryl&#39;, thought Mirk.

What will Mirk and Thims do now? Is Beryl still on the Island? And since our heroes are in Peninsulam Patronorum, will we learn more of the mysterious Bid? Read Chapter XI and you may just find out

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:27
And yet another Chapter. Enjoy people http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif If I manage, you can even enjoy another Chapter today. But that&#39;s just a chance, unfortunately.:(

CHAPTER XI: THE CAPITOL

Beryl is here, thought Mirk frantically. He motioned to Thims to get in the nearest-by cave as quickly as he could, he himself would follow. Thims scrambeled to the nearest opening in the cliff face and went through. Mirk, in the meanwhile, floated up to see if Beryl was truly on this Island. He had seen that the sky was not dark, and it did not storm, so there was at least a bit of hope. He carefully moved northwards. As he floated over a mountain chain, he sensed movement. Immediately, he looked down. Phew...it was just a herd of wild animals..., he thought. He moved onwards. As Mirk slowly neared the chain, he thought to himself how stupid this was. If Beryl was on the Island, then he should&#39;nt be on this Island Stupid, eh? Yeah, thought so meself. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif He came about halfway above the Island, and then determined his feared Angel of Destruction wasn&#39;t on this Island. He hurtled back to Thims to tell him the Good news. But when he arrived at the cave he thought Thims had ran into, he didn&#39;t find his trusty Creature inside. He checked every nook and cranny of the cliff face. No Thims. Finally, in desperation, he went back to their hidden boat. On the way there, he finally found Thims And what was our obese hero doing? Eating some fish...*BIG SIGH* He floated down to the bear and screamed to him: You crazed fool I told you to stay in your cave Why didn&#39;t you??? I was worried sick NEVER do that to me again He hugged Thims. After reuniting, they went back to their boat. They pulled it out of the brush they had hid it in and pushed it into the water. They killed some animals and fetched some wild grain as food for the next step of their jouney. They got onto the boat and proceeded to sail due West. After sailing a day...oh no...not another one of these boring sailing bits WHA Oh well...As I said: After a day of sailing, they saw a speck of Land on the far horizon. Mirk turned the boat to face the Land they had spotted, and headed there. After several hours, clouds started to merge above their heads. Not long afterwards, rain started pelting their boat and themselves. But this wasn&#39;t some ordinary rainstorm. Lightning flashed every few seconds, the rain felt like hail, the claps of thunder that followed the lightning was deafening. It was just like a storm Beryl created when she decided to attack an Island, the only difference being that the ominous presence that came with Beryl&#39;s storms was missing. The waves grew in size and power, and it seemed they were beginning to assault the boat. After a short while, the waves were as tall as the boat of the God and the Creature, and they were threatening to capsize the boat.
In the meanwhile, on the Island Mirk had spotted, someone noticed the storm raging around the Island. That someone was a massive zebra, shining of Goodness. Yes, fans of my story, we have finally rearrived at Bid. Bid saw the storm, and wondered what it was this time that had activated his defence mechanism of the Island he protected. Not another assault on my Island What do those crazed fools see in this Land? I wish this Island would be left alone...but, alas, that will probably never happen., he thought. He turned away from the storm our heroes were suffering to tend to his village. Since the last time we looked into Bid&#39;s situation, he had driven the Ogres further into the Outlands, and had built a wall at the beginning of the peninsula that was the Outlands to keep the Ogres and the Goblins that lived there inside. He was happy his village was far away from the Outlands, on the other side of the Island near a protected bay. That is, until one day, a villager came pleading to him to take his home village under his protection. It was a Norse villager, in contrast to the Greek villagers that he was protecting up until now. But, as Bid was a Good Creature (what an idiot), he couldn&#39;t refuse. Now, he had to protect two villages, and he had built the wall along with the Norse villagers to protect them, since the Norse village had been an easy target for the Ogres and Goblins of the Outlands to raid. Now, they were protected by a wall blocking off the Outlands, and a huge Good zebra that frequented their village to strengthen it.
It had turned night. Bid was tired, as he had been awake for two days straight to take care of his villages. He went to sleep at the river crossing the valley where his Greek village was situated. The next morning, he woke up, and went to the bay to catch some fish as breakfast. He then proceeded to his villages to see if they had survived the night. His Greek village was fine, he went to his Norse village to see if it was in the same state. On they way there, he had a drink. When he arrived there, he learned to his delight that all was well. He walked to the wall blocking the Outlands from the rest of the Island. He had to walk paralell to a long beach on his way there. Suddenly, halfway, he spotted something in the sand. He moved over to it, and saw that it was a boat. On closer inspection, he saw a bear lying in the sand, face first, and next to it, a shining figure. A God What in the blazes is a God doing here?, Bid thought. He pulled the boat further onto the beach, while leaving our two heroes onconsious in the sand, as the water massaged their feet.

What is Bid going to do with Mirk and Thims? Are they alive? And will you people finally learn more about Bid and his Island, the &#39;Capitol&#39; of Peninsulam Patronorum? Read and see in the next Chapter of The Great Story

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:28
Ah, yes, quite late, sorry for that, but it&#39;s finally time to read another Chapter of The Great Story http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

CHAPTER XII: ESCAPE

The sun shone brightly. A little bit to bright. Well, ok, so bright it was blinding, at least to Mirk, that is. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif ........huh...? Where....am I...?, the God asked to whatever was listening. What was listening, was Bid. Ah, I see you&#39;re awake That&#39;s Good news. To answer your question, you have washed ashore on the &#39;Capitol&#39; of the archipelago of Peninsulam Patronorum, Soles. I am Bid, Soles&#39; &#39;propietor&#39;. I take care of this Island, heeding it from damage. The storm you got caught in, was caused by the artifacts I set up as a defence mechanism. I hope for ypu you don&#39;t mean harm to this Land, or you&#39;re in a heap of trouble. The last remark Bid mention he said with threat in his voice. No, no, I don&#39;t mean any harm to this Land Why would I? By the way, where is the bear that washed up next to me? Did he even wash ashore near me?, Mirk asked. Your Creature is in fine condition, though exhausted. He&#39;s sleeping right now. That&#39;s good to know., our hero finished. He got up, and surveyed his surroundings. He was on a hill, overlooking a luscious land, full of trees and plains and animals. The sun shone brightly, very brightly. He moved around a bit, to get a better view of the Land. He noticed that whenever he moved, the air seemed to vibrate around him. Rainbows were at the sky even though it did not rain. What a beautiful Land Are you causing this sky and this beautiful ground?, Mirk asked. No, I am not...turn around. This causes the sky and your surroundings., Bid replied. Mirk did as he said, and followed where the massive Creature was pointing his arm to. What he saw, was a huge, shimmering Temple. It was completely white, as if it had been made of the best limestone and then painted white a few times. It reflected nearly all the light that shone upon it, making it impossible to look at it for long. Wow......where is your God, Bid?, Mirk asked in awe. I am Godless, my friend...my God was destroyed ages ago in a war against a clearly more powerful God...luckily, I was able to hide. The enemy God left the Land and me. I was able to retake one of the few villages that remained here...and I&#39;ve been protecting it ever since., the zebra replied. Ah...now I understand So you&#39;re Godless, but your God&#39;s Temple still exists Yes, you understand. A silence followed, as Mirk was overlooking the Land he held before him in his eyes. He not only saw birds flying, forests growing and villlagers enjoying their happy lives, he also saw farms further into the valley he was surveying. After he turned to Bid again, he heard a familiar sound. The heavy padding of feet. And roars. Thims You&#39;re finally here How are you, my Creature?, Mirk asked. Thims roared contently. Good, I presume then. I&#39;m very happy you are in good health. Thims walked over to stand next to his God. Mirk could see his trusty companion had grown again, as Thims now reached Bid&#39;s hips, and Bid was a fully grown Creature. Thims, though, was Evil, and you could tell the difference. He had big claws, big teeth, and smoke came from his body. He also had a dark purple color. He looked at the nearby villagers which were walking around the Temple, and saliva dripped down his mouth and his canines. Mirk knew he had to keep his Creature under control, he didn&#39;t want to anger their &#39;host&#39;, after all. Come, my new friends, and follow me to my main village We shall discuss what you will do know and where you will go there, Bid said to his &#39;guests&#39;. On the way down to the village, bid thought it was his duty to get rid of these two as quick as possible. They were Evil, well at least the bear was Evil. And if the Creature was Evil, big chance the God was too. I&#39;ll summon a Vortex to get them to another Land...that&#39;s the quickest way., Bid thought. When they arrived at the village, he allowed Thims to eat and drink, while he took a bit more care of the village. Then he motioned to them from outside the village. Mirk and Thims headed over to where Bid was standing.
Suddenly, however, the sky turned dark. Not only around the Land, but also above it. It started to storm above the sea surrounding the Land. Oh, God no Another assualt And I think I know who Not her again NO, Bid shouted, fear seeping into his voice. It&#39;s Beryl IT&#39;S BERYL, Mirk screamed. You know of Beryl then? How? Did she attack you too? But...but...you should be dead by then, Bid demanded. Suddenly, a change appeared above their heads. A huge, shimmering barrier appeared above their heads. NO The Shield has been activated She is very near She must be near the Outlands Quickly You must get out of here, Bid screamed at the twosome. But...we can&#39;t Our boat was smashed upon the jagged rocks surrounding your Land, Mirk replied in panic. Then I shall quickly open a Vortex for you to use, the massive zebra answered. He stretched his arms, and closed his eyes. Both Mirk and Thims could see he was concentrating greatly. Then they noticed something was moving above their heads. It was red, and seemed to be moving across the Shield. What they didn&#39;t know, was that this was Beryl firing an attack upon the Shield. But it would take her quite some time to bring it down, as the entire Greek population of Bid&#39;s primary village had pured into every Worship Site in their vicinity. Suddenly, Bid let out a grunt, and opened his eyes again. Dead next to them, something was opening in the ground. What...what...WHAT IS THIS???, Mirk screamed in anxiety and extreme surprise. But before he could say anything back, he was sucked in, along with a few cows, a few trees and Thims. The last thing he heard was Goodbye...and good luck to you. May it fare thee better than it fared me It was Bid, of course. Then he blacked out. Goodbye..., repeated Bid. Then he turned to face the direction of the Outlands, where the Shield did not reach to, and ran to try to save the ones he had labored all his life to protect.

Where have Mirk and Thims been sent to? What will happen to Bid, now that Beryl has come for him, presumably? Read the answers to one of these questions next time Playb...er...BIG wrong there. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif Read the answers to these questions next time I decide to treat you to a PI...again http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif Ow, hell. Just next time I post a Chapter. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

The Wizard
11-01-2003, 22:28
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif TWO CHAPTERS AT ONCEhttp://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif REJOICE

CHAPTER XIII: FIRST ENEMY

Mirk had never experienced something like this. It was a strange feeling, new and exciting on one side, and painful and nauseating on the other side. And then, it was over. He felt a cold, strong wind blowing over him. He surveyed his new surroundings. It was a Land completely covered with snow, and on some places ice. It was, naturally, cold there. But the strangest thing he saw was on the other side of the Land. A big, orange beam of light. At first he just couldn&#39;t find out what it was, and then he knew it. It was the beam that was projected from a God&#39;s Temple. Another God? This will get nasty..., Mirk thought. The people that had been sucked into the Vortex with Mirk and Thims had begun construction on their new village. The village center was nearly complete and the village store was partially built. Thims was shivering from the cold, but since he was a bear, it did not bother him that much. Soon, Mirk expected, he would have a thicker pack of fur. At that moment, he saw a light approaching. The other God He&#39;s probably going to give me a warning or something of that kind...not that I&#39;ll heed it. Heh heh heh heh..., thought Mirk. And his guess was right. The orangelight reached Mirk&#39;s position. It spoke to him in a rather angrily surprised manner: What in the name of the Heavens are another God and another Creature doing here, on MY Land? Surely you don&#39;t plan on taking it for yourself....that would be stupid. You see, I am Tarthic, God of this Land And no one shall take it from me Prepare for a Godly war, my friend And don&#39;t think that you&#39;ll win HAHAHAHAHAHA And with that, he flew off, to prepare his villages. Great...we have another God wanting to kill us, Thims. Well, I guess we&#39;ll just have to steel ourself for the coming conflict., Mirk said to Thims. The bear nodded, and went to sleep next to his &#39;father&#39;s&#39; Temple, which was under construction. Mirk sighed. I guess it&#39;s my fault he&#39;s not interested in helping the village...oh well, I guess his fighting skills and his destructive capacities more than make up for it., he thought, and proceeded to help build his new village up, and get his followers to worship.
At that moment, on the other side of Eden, a well-known Creature was steeling himself for battle too. Bid was outside his Norse village, overlooking the situation near the edge of the Shield. He could see her clearly now. She was throwing rocks, fireballs, lightning and everything else that was throwable at the outside of the Shield. But it did nothing. The Shield was continuously powered by hundreds of praying humans. RAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHH, Beryl screamed, and threw another load of fireballs at the Shield, followed by a Megablast Increase Miracle. I hope she doesn&#39;t discover the Shield&#39;s weakness...that would be disastrous, Bid thought. Let me through, fool This time, you shall not be able to stop me You shall die, Beryl screamed in blind rage. She mustered all of her inner strength, held that in for a few moments, and then let loose a Megablast Extreme on the Shield, quickly followed by seven fireballs at once and a huge bolt of lightning. She then cast a Storm Extreme Miracle, and the lighning and the tornado struck viciously at the Shield, but still, it remained active. Beryl roared again, completely infuriated by the fact that she could not destroy the Shield. What in the world will bring this cursed Shield down??? What is it&#39;s weakness? WHERE CAN I STRIKE TO PUNCTURE IT??????, the thoughts raced through Beryl&#39;s enraged brain. She forced herself to calm down. She was drooling, and her paws were clenched so firmly that her claws were actually drawing blood from the palms of her paws. She studied the outside of the Shield. And then she saw it. The weakness. The place to hit with all her might. The one place the Shield did not cover, because it stood right between the inside and the outside of the Shield. The wall and the gates Bid had built to keep the Ogres and Goblins in the Outlands and outside the other parts of the Land. Oh no She has found it, though Bid frantically. He began to run to the end of the Shield, to freeze his nemesis before she could fire her final assualt on the Shield. He began to cup his hands to her, but he was already too late. She had fired a huge lightning bolt towards the gates and the wall. To Bid, it seemed as if eternity passed as the bolt arced towards the gate, and then struck it. He watched for hours, seemingly, as the bolt electrocuted everything in its way. Finally, the stones of the wall and the gates could no longer take the heat and melted and crumbled. NO, screamed the mighty zebra. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA, Beryl laughed in triumph, proud of herself for creating a hole in the Shield. She stepped over the ruins of the sructure supposed to protect the &#39;Inlands&#39; and into the inside of the Shield. As soon as she was in, the Shield closed behind her, finally covering the Inlands fully. And now, my adversary of old...it is time for you to meet your master after all these years., Beryl said to Bid, her voice ridden with contempt. Bid replied: I defeated you before, Evil One, and I will do so again. The villagers looked on in fear as the two giants were preparing to do battle. Not even nature was active. The whole world seemed to await the coming battle.

CHAPTER XIV: TRIUMPH

Bid assesed his enemy. He had fought against her before, at least two centuries ago. That would be several millenia for the humans, but hey, we&#39;re talking in Creature years here. He knew she was extremely powerful, and that she had only gotten more powerful and vicious over the last two hundred years. But Bid knew that he hadn&#39;t gotten any weaker either, even stronger, or so he hoped. It started to rain. Not just a shower, but rain that lashed everything. It pelted the thick fur of Beryllinthranox. She glared at her enemy. This time, my friend, I will win. Not you. I, she snarled. Again, her terrible, Evil, numbing laughter filled the Land with fear. I guess the rain is our starting signal, Beryl. Prepare to be defeated once more...like the last time, replied Bid, angrily. This remark seemed to make Beryl wince. Well, wince...as far as Beryl can go when showing feelings.;) Suddenly, unexpectedly, Bid lurched forward, and charged his nemesis. Beryl did not expect this at all, not used to the fact that Bid opened the attack. She got hit hard by Bid and she stumbled backwards. She recovered, and in a rage, flung fireballs at Bid. He didn&#39;t dodge these, but deflected them by quickly summoning a Spiritual Shield. The eternal protector, Bid deflected the fireballs away from the fireballs that way. Grrr....always wanting to protect, eh? PROTECT THIS, Beryl taunted. She cast a Lightning Extreme at Bid, But he had very quick reactions, and once again deflected the assualt. It seems we are equal in our Miracle skills, Beryllinthranox. Shall we test our mettle against each other in combat?, the mighty zebra challenged Beryl. Fight if you wish, but win, you shall not Beryl grunted, and charged her enemy. Bid blocked, but he was smacked back several tens of meters. But he was not hurt. He kicked her in the shins, and she jumped back in pain and surprise. Then Bid jumped in a circle, and ended by kicking her in the face while still turning in the air. Beryl reeled back, but she was not done fighting yet. Far from done. She did what Thims fancies, which means, give him a taste of the ol&#39; roundhouse punch. Only hers must&#39;ve been one hundred times as powerful as those Thims dealt. When Bid recovered, and faced her, she clawed him. Then she proceeded to puch him thrice in a row, until she had to take a breather to recover. Bid got up,and muttered something like: You aren&#39;t the best fighter, now are you? He then punched her three times in a row, and kicked her, a thing horses and zebras favored to do when fighting. After that, he grabbed her, and flung her with all his might towards the outside of the Shield, to get her out. But this attempt was futile. Hahahahaha...trying to get me out, eh? That won&#39;t work, she boisted. DIE With that said, she charged him at full speed, and she seemed to increase speed with every step. Bid dodged on the first run, but then Beryl turned around, and charged him again. This time even faster than at first, she hit Bid at full speed, slamming into his chest. you could here Bid&#39;s ribs splintering all over the Land, a terrifying sound to its inhabitants. But he wasn&#39;t dead yet. He grabbed Beryl with all the strength left in his body, and clamped onto her. Hehehehehe...., he stopped to cough blood. Now...you can&#39;t stop...running....you&#39;ll...take us into...the sea...and kill us..., with that, he headbutted Beryl. She couldn&#39;t stop running due to the enchantment, and he kept on hitting her in her chest with his legs. Now he was breaking her bones too. Suddenly, Beryl felt the ground slip away under her feet, and she only felt air rushing around her and Bid. She fell. She felt the icy touch of the water all around her, and Bid&#39;s hooves were slipping. She tried to swim up to the surface, but Bid was to heavy, and he was still clamped on too firmly to kick off. Finally, he let go, and sank to the bottom of the sea lifelessly. FINALLY THAT USELESS ZEBRA LET GO Now, to get to the surface...I..need to breath... Beryl was starting to choke. When she landed in the water, she had gotten loads of water in her mouth, and she hadn&#39;t been able to take a breath before jumping in. Fear seeped into her heart.
Mirk fired another fireball from the edge of his Godly influence. He was winning. He had already conquered one of the enemy God&#39;s villages, and Thims had taken care of all the neutral villages. He watched as Thims made his way to Tarthis&#39; outer village, and tried to impress them by showing them how well he could stand on his front paw. Then, he cast a Flock Miracle, which, of course, impressed the villagers greatly. They were only humans, of course. Thims seemed content, and then walked back over the plains to the other big mountain on the other side of the Land to Mirk&#39;s main village and Temple. He had grown the last night, as he had eaten properly and slept well in his Pen. He went to loiter around the beaches at the West of the Land, to soak up some sun. Hehehehehe...my power is unquestioned....well, at least here. Just two more villages, and my foe is nothing, and I can banish him, thought Mirk in his eternal lust for power. He knew that the village that Thims had been impressing was nearly on his side. He had many missionaries doing their work in it, and he was making his villages create Artifacts, as he had seen Tarthis do the same. He got bored with continuously spilling prayer power to lob fireballs to Tarthis&#39; Temple to disrupt his followers in worshipping, and instead, he flew over to his main village, and looked at how far the artifacts were. He saw that one of the biggest stones was glowing strongly. He grabbed it, and flew to the village he was trying to conquer. Being an Evil God, Mirk chucked it at a circle of villagers that were conversing with each other. This already impressed the villagers, but then they saw the power the artifact held. Immediately, they all bowed down and started to pray to Mirk, their new God. Content with this new victory, Mirk turned around to fly away. Suddenly though, he heard a cry: You seem to have defeated me I salute thee I am severely weakened though... Tarthis seemed to groan. Please leave me in peace with my last village... Leave you in peace? I don&#39;t think so...you wanted this battle. I finish what I start., Mirk answered, his voice laced with contempt. Your last village is also nearly mine...my missionaries are good at their work... He laughed. He then waited for Thims to make his way to the village. When Thims had finally reached the village, he cast a Flying Flock Miracle, impressing many villagers. As his influence now reached over the village, Mirk could now cast Miracles in it. He drew a spiral in the air, and then he drew a heart. A glowing appeared near him, and he cast a Heal Increase. This was the last push the villagers needed. They had seen the power of the two Gods many times, but this new God was clearly superior, as well as his Creature. The village was his. NO You have my last village I am nothing DAMN YOU Wait...let us do one last fight... Tarthis motioned his Creature, a rather dumb looking turtle. We shall pit our Creatures against each other, in a winner takes all fight., he proposed. Mirk replied: Interesting...I agree. Let&#39;s do this...I have all already anyways. He chuckled. Thims looked at the turtle, and snorted. Since it was a cold, icy Land, you could see the air blowing out of his nostrils. He walked over to an open space on the mountain plateau, and waited. The turtle walked over, and looked around, dumbfounded. Well, it did, until it was punched by Thims. The punch came hard, but it did get the fighting motor of the turtle going. Thims came up with an ingenious left-right-right-left combo, and then he did his trademark pirouette kick. The turtle retaliated with a well-placed uppercut and a headbutt. But this was probably the turtle&#39;s first battle, and Thims had fought many battles before this, hence all his scars. He jumped in the air, turned around himself, and landed a single, well-placed, powerful blow to the turtle&#39;s head. It fell down, completely blacked-out. Ha ha...I win., said Mirk, chuckling. He flew over to his Worhip Site, picked up a Megablas Increase, and flew back, all in a few seconds. By this time, Thims had healed himself and was heading to his pen to rest. Mirk unleashed the Miracle onto Tarthis&#39; Temple, shattering it instantly. Tarthis screamed loudly, but his screams of pain faded away, and he did too at the same time. My first victory...., said Mirk, and laughed.
Thousands of miles away, on Bid&#39;s Land, all was quiet. Th villagers were silently carrying on with their lives. They had lost their protector, but they had also lost Beryl. In the outskirts of the Outlands, a paw reached out of the sea. It grabbed the rocky coat firmly, and out of the sea raised a bear&#39;s head. They&#39;ve not seen the last of me..., muttered Beryllinthranox, in an angry tone.

And that was it. Sorry for taking one post a chapter, but it didn&#39;t take all of them in one and I guess I thought of fitting several in one post didn&#39;t occur to me. =/

Mount Suribachi
11-02-2003, 13:38
Thats it????

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

Wizzy, thats a great piece of writing, with a nice, quirky style. You gotta finish the story mate

I assume its based upon a game of B&W you played? I only played it for an hour or so (borrowed it from a friend). Looked a great game, but didn&#39;t have time to get into it really.

C&#39;mon Wizzy, finish the story, pleeeeeeeeeasssssssssssssee

The Wizard
11-02-2003, 14:02
Well, it&#39;s just based on my BnW experiences... and a bit of imagination. If you like fantasy books, you&#39;ll probably recognise the names of the Lords of All http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Thanks a lot though, I really appreciate it http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

frogbeastegg
11-02-2003, 14:09
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif
Ah, that brings back memories
Sprinkling rain on crops.
Taking my creature for a walk.
Catching fireballs before they incinerated my village and throwing them back to the sender.
Skimming villages across the ocean in an effort to shut up that whining voice asking for food.
Dumping creature dung in my enemy’s granaries so his peeps get poisoned.
Using lightning to burn down a whole village because one of the peeps made my ape sick when he was eaten.

I would have been good if only the voices had shut up

I would like to see how this ends Wizzy http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif It was a highly enjoyable read.

The Wizard
11-02-2003, 14:18
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Were you registered on the boards froggy? I&#39;m evil, but I guess you noticed in the story http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

frogbeastegg
11-02-2003, 14:46
Nope, never registered on any forums until fairly recently. I&#39;m on these forums ( http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif ), the official TW ones, the Bioware knights of the old republic boards and I have an account at Lucasforums because I got fed up of not being able to read the interesting topics, I don&#39;t really post there.

I was good until two things happened. Firstly I went for the &#39;good not nice&#39; approach, apparantly this is borderline evil. Secondly I got so sick of that whining voice bleating for food/wood/children (hey I can&#39;t help there, see there is a mommy person and a daddy person...)/the sun on a platter I massacred a couple of villages trying to find who it was. Even when everyone was dead the voice kept going we need food.

TheSilverKnight
11-02-2003, 16:28
Great reading material, Wizzy Keep up the gr8 work m8 Finish the story for us http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

P.S: Yes, we did notice you&#39;re evil. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif