PDA

View Full Version : Org pic posting question

Obex
01-08-2004, 11:05
So ive been thinking of posting an old STW war story i wrote a few years ago. Im pretty sure that the combined size of my screenshots > the file limit of 2M. Does this only apply to single files? Is there a total storage space limit?

Also, assuming that there is a max storage limit, how would i go about indicating when the currently hosted files should be deleted to make room for new ones? Ive read the FAQ, but maybe i missed this somewhere.

Does any of this post make any damned sense? I need sleep.

frogbeastegg
01-08-2004, 11:14
2MB is the largest file you can upload, anything larger gets rejected. If you split pictures up into batches below 2MB each you can upload the lot, if the pictures are more than 2MB each then you need to do something to shrink them down.

Hosted files are not deleted, not so far. If they were deleted the pictures would obviously not work and there would be a lot of topics with broken pictures in them. Total storage space limit is 75MB now. Plenty of room.

The post makes sense, possibly because I need sleep too http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

Obex
01-08-2004, 12:01
I understand now. Thanks for the quick reply.
Get some sleep.