PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star , Shinning Force

rasoforos
02-27-2004, 18:53
The games i ve played and finished more than any other are these old Sega Genesis Action/RPG's . With a lot of strategic element , simple graphics and replayability these games still take hours off my life.
Anyone else to have played or who is still playing Shining Force I , II or Phantasy Star 1,2,3,4 ?

Phatose
02-28-2004, 00:34
Remember all 6. Shining Force is currently being remade for the GBA, and I'm pretty sure all the Phantasy Stars are being remade for the PS2 - though whether or not they'll make it outside of Japan is still in question.

PS1 was far better then it's contemporaries, blowing both FF1 and DW1/2 out of the water graphically and musically. PS2 was an interesting and fun game - challenging too. PS3...was ok, I guess. The idea of lots of generations was interesting. However, there was only like 3 kinds of dungeon in the entire world, and only 2 had more then one level, and they ALL looked like something generated randomly by nethack. PS4 connected much better to the rest of the series, wrapped things up pefectly too.

SF1 and 2 were both lots of fun. I don't know what to call them anymore though - after M:TW I simply cannot refer to any console 'strat' rpgs as such, since strategy need not apply. Still they were fun.

The Wizard
02-28-2004, 14:17
I remember the Phantasy Stars. Quite nice, played them at a friend's who still had the Genesis packed away somewhere.

I believe they're being remade for the GBA as well. Very nice. Think I'm gonna buy them, like Sword of Mana and Shining Force (out already in Europe).

~Wiz

Phatose
02-28-2004, 14:49
Not remade, just rereleased, PS1-3 anyway. The GBA PS collection has been out for a while.