PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2

frogbeastegg
02-28-2004, 12:13
The European release of Deus Ex 2 approaches and I want to know if the final game was any better than the demo. Remember I couldn't alter any of the settings because the .ini edits wouldn't stick on the demo no matter what I did, so don't say the game is fine if you just tweak the .ini. Also emphasis on the PC version, not X-box. I hear the patches have fixed up a lot of things but do they make the game any better?

I'm thinking if I see it for about £15 maybe if I have nothing else to do, am exceptionally bored, and I feel like blowing some cash. Otherwise one to leave on the shelves.

Knight_Yellow
02-28-2004, 16:28
its not out in europe?

had it hear since X-mas http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Anyway's its not Dues ex.

i was a big fan of DX1 and i got bored with Dx2.

the story is weaker the RPG elements are nearly gone and its a FPS now.

The rag doll physics with dead bodies and chairs etc. provides hours of corpse chucking fun though.

Voigtkampf
02-28-2004, 17:32
A colleague of mine gave it a review and passed verdict; 62 % is the max for the game. I hear a lot of people complain about it and how big a disappointment it actually was after the first part, but I still haven't come around to borrow it and play it a bit.

Fragony
02-28-2004, 17:48
I will probably buy it the minute it is out. The demo was bad, but so was the demo of the first. Some people are trashing it to death and some actually like it. I hope I will belong to the second group. From what I heard it is a great premise but in the end a flawed and rushed release. I hope we euro's get the product Ion Storm intended to make. What they did to the american public is just inexcusable, but it was probably Eidos seeing a finnished product for the console, and that is where the money is. You can blame them for it, but first remove kazaa and the like from your computer before you have the right to judge them.

Knight_Yellow
02-28-2004, 19:56
Having kazaa on ones computer doesnt affect their judgement of how good a game is.

DX2 is flawed.

it could have been great but the story was bland and the only interesting thing was tossing bodies around the place and laughing as the corpses twisted and cracked....

muhaha muhahahashahahahaha http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-surprised.gif

Leet Eriksson
02-29-2004, 00:13
yeah rag dolls was fun,the AI is non-existent in this one,the story was all mumbo-jumbo religion,politics and technology all jammed in one stealth package(you'll get what i mean after you reach a certain point in the game).

Thats the entire game in a nutshell..

frogbeastegg
02-29-2004, 16:25
Ok, thanks for the opinions. I think I shall leave it for a while, let the patches come out and see what improvements they make...then buy it cheap from somewhere I can take it back if it isn't any good.