PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden

Quessa
03-04-2004, 20:47
Ninja Gaiden is here again, wackier and as ruthless as always. This time on the Xbox.
Perhaps some of us know Ninja Gaiden series. Perhaps some of us are waiting for Ninja Gaiden (and we elites in EU for the demo to come out).

NG has probably the best graphics seen on XBOX, and of what I've heard the sounds are not bad either.

Now, let's talk about Ninja Gaiden for a turn, let's imagine ourselves back Feudal Japan (while NG certaintly includes Kalashnikovs) and those wacky Geisha assassination films seen in Shogun. Yet another game taking ideas from Sohgun, clearly http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif .

And those of you who live in the States, please don't spoil anything (without the [spoil] function) but please, give us your opinions of the full game we poor Europeans at this side of that big mud-pool haven't seen yet.

PS, where's that bloody March issue of OXM? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-furious3.gif

Leet Eriksson
03-05-2004, 01:13
In a nutshell,its a good game,pretty hard tho,but you have alot of variety in it that will keep you coming back for more.The levels are varied and the game occasionally throws new stuff at you as you advance,there is some backtracking however,but that should'nt be a problem,becuase these happen pretty rarely.The enemies are pretty hard,and they work together to take you out,also the bosses are REALLY hard but once you memorise their pattern it gets easy(after a couple of tries,that is).

also once you finished the game you could unlock extra stuff(i won't go in there for spoilers sake)to increase the games lifespan.

technically speaking,the graphics are superb,the sound and music are pretty well done and it also allows you to switch between english and japanese voice if you want(i'd favor japanese with subtitles,but english is pretty well done in the game too).

Watch out tho,this game is purely action,although the word Ninja inspires stealth,its not a stealth game,you'll know what i mean if you played the previous versions.and if you did'nt well your pretty lucky becuase:

Spoiler Alert! Highlight to read. The game includes the previous ninja gaiden games as hidden features to give you a chance to know what the game is about[/QUOTE]

Lehesu
03-06-2004, 05:01
Looks like a good game, and is for sure on my list, but come on 50$? The most I will ever pay for a game is 40$, and it better damn well be good at that price

Leet Eriksson
03-06-2004, 22:23
you get 2 other games with it tho :p