PDA

View Full Version : BKB Super Mod

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

ShootingStar
02-28-2005, 18:30
I was wondering if its possible to mod a factions initial religion? I'm guessing it must be possible to mod a factions religion as some mods e.g. BKB contain whole new factions? I just don't know where to find the files I need to edit.

Also reguarding the BKB super mod - Is Viking Invasion required to install this mod?

many thanks

ShootingStar

The Blind King of Bohemia
02-28-2005, 18:45
Yes and yes. Go into 'Campmap/Startpos' and then choose the startpos. Its long but somewhere you will find where to set a faction's religion.

sprucemoose
03-02-2005, 20:56
no probs here bkb,love the mod keep up the good work m8y

Rez
03-07-2005, 20:47
I know that I'm being really dense here probably but for some reason the mod isnt working for me, the statpos files have been changed so all the different factions are there but whenever I try to load medieval it just brings up the regular game.

03-07-2005, 20:52
When you go to the Campaign mode do you get Super Early, Super High and Super Late along with the normal versions?

Rez
03-07-2005, 20:59
No just the regular early, high and late without the extra factions.

03-07-2005, 21:03
Sounds like you may have installed it in the wrong place. When you install it this time, make sure you install it into your 'TOTAL WAR' folder rather than the 'MEDIEVAL - TOTAL WAR' folder that is the default.

Rez
03-07-2005, 21:04
Nevermind I was being stupid, i had installed it in the wrong folder :embarassed: . Thanks for putting all this effort into the mod by the way, if i ever saw you in person id buy you a drink ~:cheers:

03-07-2005, 21:08
I might hold you to that someday. ~;)

Its a common problem, my fault as I accidently set it as the destination folder when setting up the auto-install. I hope you enjoy it - please let me know what you think of it.

buujin
03-07-2005, 22:43
Hello BKB. ~:)

I notice that your mod, ( i must thankyou greatly for the time and effort u have put into creating such a thing ) although amazingly good, isnt correctly balanced for multiplayer purposes with regards to the price of some units.

Id very much like to play BKB super mod online with some of my clan mates and was wondering if you'd mind if i rebalance some of the new units slightly, so that they, and the factions are more even in multiplayer mode.

I intend on using the same set of spreadsheets and formulas that CA used to balance MTW-VI its self which guarentees that all the units will be correctly priced, and negates the possibility of me having to guess values.

would u mind me doing this ?

kind regards,

[VDM]BuuKenshin

03-07-2005, 22:50
Well I tried to balance the units and factions as best as I could and though I was happy with the results, if you feel otherwise then feel free to do so. How will it work? Will you pass on the certain file corrections to your mates?

Cid
03-08-2005, 07:56
Er...uh...Before I download 250 MB's plus with a 56K modem, do you have to have 1.0 installed before 2.0 (given the size of the file I'll bet you don't) and has it been established whether it should be loaded on a clean install? I know that these questions are probably answered somewhere on this thread...But it's 70 something pages!

I've been waiting for this mod to come out and intend to sit patiently watching the screen for 8 or so hours as it downloads!

Thanks

03-08-2005, 11:17
All you need is Medieval with the Viking Expansion installed on top. Also, you do have to install the mod over a clean install.

Cid
03-08-2005, 15:50
Damn!

My CD Key has alas gone the way of all CD Keys (if owned by me) and is long gone...Well, off I go to buy another!...I should get a hefty discount with the release of RTW Lol.

The download continues!

Thanks BKB.

Belisarivs
03-08-2005, 20:13
I have to say, that this mod is too big in size to download. I walked through files it installs and it could be 70-90 MB but with same features.
I mean that campmap\portraits folder (with it's 400 MB). It's redundand because NSIS installer would copy existing files to that folder so it wouldn't be needed in installer sparing lot of it's size.

Cid
03-09-2005, 05:20
Ya know,

As I was downloading the mod I started digging through the rubble and found my MTW discs WITH CD Key! Problem is I can find only two CD's and can't remember whether there should be a third for an MTW install...also, does the VI installation require a CD Key seeing as it's an add on??

Sorry for the dumb questions but I've been looking forward to this mod. If the answers to the above are "no" I can check it out as soon as it's downloaded (3 and 1/2 hours left) rather than making a trip to our local understaffed Comp USA.

Thanks again.

03-09-2005, 11:26
Medieval doesn't have a third CD and I'm about 90% sure you don't need a CD Key for VI.

buujin
03-09-2005, 18:41
Thanks for the responce BKB, i was playing with my clan m8 alexandros in mp mode and we descovered that some units outweigh others drasitcly in value for money, i understand that this is not at all a problem when playing in campaign, and is infact a good thing, but in a multiplayer battle 25 - 50 difference for the cost of each unit can make a lot of differences. It must be taken into account the way that the game calculates the price of upgrades, which differs dresticly depending on the unit type.

Ive made a mod for multiplayer before and have descovered first hand how difficult it is to set the unit stats and costs so that there are no inbalances in multiplayer. That was, untill i got hold of CA's excel spreadsheets and worked out the forumlas they use. ~;)

Once i have rebalanced the units i intend to distribute the new unitprod.txt to a few of my buddies and we can all play your mod online :D your very welcome if youd like to join us bkb :)

btw. unfortunatly VI does have a seperate CD key from mtw, its on the back of the manual.

Cid
03-10-2005, 02:29
Well, it's off to Comp USA for me but I'll only have to pick up VI so thanks!

BTW, what version do most folks use for Multiplayer? I'd think that some of the mods out there and this one in particular would be more fun. Haven't tried MP yet but would like to.

L'Impresario
03-11-2005, 18:42
Well Buu and I are using the latest;) ....but the current prices and stats are highly exploitable in most florins levels (at least in the 7-15k florins range, with 10k being the base for standard VI mp). For example among the best unit types is the Balkan Warband and the Vlach Auxs because they can max their valour levels quite cheaply, rendering them much better than many elite western infantry among others.

The CA spreadsheets need only an assignment of several "factors" to each unit, with stats and prices being almost automaticaly calculated. So a knight could be "LATE KNIGHT" class, having a "HEAVY LANCE" weapon factor, "CAV FULL PLATE" as armour factor and quite a few other descriptors as well.

Cid
03-22-2005, 05:07
BKB,

Great mod! Finally had a chance to download/install it last night and it's like a whole new game! Didn't see any Docs with it so it took me a while to figure out why I couldn't build/upgrade castles (stone mason). That's a nice touch though. Really well done.

Uh...one thing though (Lol) I'm playing English/Early. For some reason I can't seem to build ships on England's East coast (Mercia, York, etc.). They quay up in the build menu but never appear. I haven't yet tried in Wales, Wessex, etc. so it might be a pan-England thing...I'm building all my ships in Gascony!...This can't be! Britannia rules the waves! I don't know whether this has been addressed somewhere on this thread but do you have any ideas?

L'Impresario, yeah I can see how the unit costs might be a bit skewed in MP...but the units are so much more fun!

Thanks

fornjort
03-22-2005, 11:59
hello BkB! I have a proble with starting battles. I installed 2.0 to totawar folder, and started playing as HRE, and then I attacked for the first time to venice. The loading screen started and when the loading finished a potup came sayin "unknown error (0) (00000000). I want to play this mod badly, but this is topping me from doing so...help

Cid
03-22-2005, 19:32
Re: ships-

Just found out that they show up when built in the Sea of Irealand!

cegorach
03-25-2005, 11:03
@ BKB

If you are interested I finally decided to release PMTW 1.0 - check P&M TW sub-forum for details. :balloon2: :balloon2:

I owe you a beer ( or more) for the things I have 'stolen' ~:cheers:

03-25-2005, 13:46
Glad to see you boys have finished the mod, i think i'll give it download, it sounds fantastic.

Oh and the stealing is more like borrowing, who doesn't mate, i can't remember how many people i've borrowed from. ~:cool:

Three cheers for the PMTW ~D

cegorach
03-25-2005, 14:04
[QUOTE=The Blind King of Bohemia]Glad to see you boys have finished the mod, i think i'll give it download, it sounds fantastic.

Well...frankly speaking it is quite far from all what I want, but too many people in Poland were impatient to get it ~;) :charge:

I know there will be a patch around June ( I believe), for now I will work on the RTW edition. ~D :duel:

Blackguard_
03-26-2005, 02:00
Great mod, but I seem to be having a problem when switching between eras; I cannot build several era specific units. For example, starting in Early as the HRE, when I get to the High era I cannot build Ministrales, Sword Brethen, etc. but if I start as HRE in High I can. And going from Early to High the units such as Swordbrethen do not even show up on the "with this, get this" screen for buildings like the armoury, but they do when starting in High.

Is this something that can be fixed, or do I just have to start in High if I want to use Sword Brethren, Ministrales, Order crossbowmen, etc?

03-26-2005, 11:40
Blackguard, I'm sorry but you can only get 256 units in each era (it's hardcoded), and as such many are era specific. Those that you mentioned are High and Late only I'm afraid.

Zathernon
04-02-2005, 07:53
Hi,
Loaded the Super Mod into the Total War folder but it went into the Medieval Total War folder and it still works fine. Well Almost.
Downloaded and installed this night. First time I tried it.
The down-load is (242,507,959 bytes).

Playing the Novograds , Super Early, I built two churchs in Novograd & Lithiuania at the same time about 1230. Then two bishops. When I went to check the first bishop in Novograd the game locked up.
The screen went black and a small window appeared that said " could not find portrait ". The music continued. Tried moving the mouse around to click on the little window but it appeared that the mouse cursor was frozen too.

The newly built emmisarie and all the assassin guards are fine.

Zathernon
04-02-2005, 08:16
Ok. It is 1243 when the two churchs's are half completed.
and the small widow said "cannot find overridden portrait".

I'm going to reload it from the auto-save, play it and see what happens.

Zathernon
04-02-2005, 08:29
Happened again. Just like the first time , but now I can hear ducks in the background.

Is there an Edit feature on this forum that I'm missing here.

04-02-2005, 11:16
Whenever that message comes up press space and you should be alright.

Is it always with the Orthodox Bishop each time? Thank you I believe you just pointed at a mistake! I'll correct this for the patch. ~:cheers:

Actually I've checked it out and they seem to be okay, though I haven't tried them in-game. Was it always the Bishops?

Zathernon
04-02-2005, 16:16
The spacebar works as advertised , it is a black , blank space where the portrait should be.
The bishop from Lithuania is Miroslav Domaslavov and the one Novograd is Kurista Kuz. I also created two new bishops with the same effect.
It appears to be only the bishops. I didn't expect this.

Though there was a princess from the Khazar Khaganate that was in black & white , no colour. The Prince of Novograd " regretfully declined the marraige proposal". Can you blame him ?

King Azzole
04-02-2005, 17:10
Just hit spacebar when that pops up. You will be able to continue your game.

Woops was reading from the wrong page. Seems like it was allready answered. Nice to see you again BKB anyway!

Zathernon
04-02-2005, 18:29
Thanks for the reply just the same King. Can I call you King ?

I'm planning on bringing Pagan Finland into the Orthodox family but I wasn't planning on useing undercover bishops. A clerical idiosyncracy I can live with but this portrait proplem locks-up the game. Unless of course one knows about the 'spacebar' fix.

04-02-2005, 19:57
Rest assured I'll look into the Portrait problem.

The black and white portrait thing is for Muslims only. They shouldn't have Princesses yet for some reason they sometimes get the odd one. This was a measure so that 'non-portrait' thing wouldn't come up anymore. I couldn't be bothered to make an Islamic princess portrait so I reached a compromise - by making a black and white one.

It sounded good at the time ok? ~D

Zathernon
04-10-2005, 02:07
Oh tiddley-winks, It's the priest's portrait that is missing, ooops ! Gc dizzy2

It's 1297 and I finally have a cathedral built in Novograd, the Orthodox bishops are fine. Three have been sent out with no problems.

Zathernon
04-10-2005, 05:20
Hi again, The Novograds are building Caravels in Portugal, the port is in the Spanish Sea. The ships appear in the Sea of Cadiz though. Four in a row so far.

Great News ! The Novograds just conquered Sardinia with the loss of only four troops from the Rebels. Really.
Better still, all the enemy was vanquished or captured on the field.

WhiteMagick
04-16-2005, 10:58
The sheer number of features of this mod make it groundbreaking. I love it and I think it gives the game a whole new look, feel and play. But I am strictly a GA player and I was utterly dissapointed when i realised that you couldn't play effectively Medieval GA with this mod. I have no idea how to modify GA and thus create new ones for the factions in this mod. I just wish this mod had GA for each faction so that I could really enjoy and play it. Nevertheless you did a great job with this mod. Can you think you can provide GA for the factions as well?

04-16-2005, 11:30
The problem is due to the three new maps i could only do it for one period not all three but maybe for the patch i might do a GA for one period most probably late.

camz
04-17-2005, 16:12
my chivalric men at arms don't seem to carry any weapons during the tactical battles? what could be causing this?
they just run around without swords and shields!

04-17-2005, 16:19
I might have to look into that - I think Varangian Guard's may have no axes, and they're in the same folder. I'll get back to you.

camz
04-17-2005, 17:05
I might have to look into that - I think Varangian Guard's may have no axes, and they're in the same folder. I'll get back to you.

found something yet? :D
a hotfix would be cool :duel:

camz
04-17-2005, 19:23
btw what's the best difficulty and unit size to play this mod?

04-17-2005, 19:55
I have checked out the units and there is a problem with most of the units from that folder so a patch will be released correcting that. As far as unit size goes i'd go for large and expert oir hard difficulty

04-18-2005, 19:25
The problem has now been corrected and a fix for it will be uploaded very soon. It won't be a full patch, only a small WinRar file. This is just a temporary measure while a full patch is prepared. ~:)

WhiteMagick
04-19-2005, 16:13
These are a few bugs i found so far:

Muslim and Pagan Princess's Portraits are Black and White
Ships built in York and Mercia appear in the Irish Sea instead of the seas into which their ports are in.
In GA when you click on an icon of a new faction in the GA Menu the game crushes.

04-20-2005, 14:07
The black and white princess portraits is intentional - although they're not supposed to, it seems to be an inherant fault in the game where Muslim and Pagan princesses still appear now and then. I didn't want them to look white, so I did that instead.

There is no GA mod, so expect that. My obvious advice is not to click on it in future.

The ships thing is a problem and I am looking into it.

~:cheers:

WhiteMagick
04-20-2005, 17:01
I managed to solve the cause of crashes in the GA Menu. After looking through the forum I find the solution.

Go to C:Programs/Medieval - Total War/Campmap/parchments/glory
There you will find bifs files. I copy and pasted the files for each of the new factions in relation to the most related nation. EG. For Genoese I copy pasted the Italian bif and named it to FN_Genoese. After I relaunched the game there were no crashes.

But I have a two questions.

1.Does anyone know how to properly modify the regowner_table in the Medieval-Total War folder?

I back uped and then i erased everything and wrote the points awarded to specific factions for each region.
Eg.//ID_CYPRUS
FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_B YZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZAN TINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,FN_BYZANTINES,1,

I took this advise from a post i found. But everytime the game loads to start the Campaign it crushes to the desktop. What I am doing wrong?

2.I modified a few things in the SuperEarly.txt in the starpos folder. I then saved it and launched the game but in the Campaign Menu when you choose the era from which to begin SuperEarly was not listed. Why?

Thanks in advance.

04-21-2005, 14:57
If Super Early no longer shows up I'm afraid there's no much I can do as its an error you have made. I advise going over the parts you edited to spot the mistake or if not I could send you the Super Early startpos file.

Kull
04-23-2005, 16:39
Not sure what causes this, but I encountered a CTD while playing as the Hospitallers in the "Super Late" game. The situation: It's 1373 and a recently bribed Rebel army inside the Castle in Valencia is sallying to fight the Rebels in the province. If you choose to fight the battle on the map, CTD. If you autoresolve, game continues normally (whew!)

Since I can't post attachments, I'll email the game file if anyone is interested.

Edit: Let it be duly noted that this is simply an OUTSTANDING mod! Rome who? ~;)

04-23-2005, 17:08
Mmm. What units were in your army?

Thanks for the praise, its much appreciated.

metatron
04-23-2005, 17:09
1,FN_B YZANTINES,Just a thought...

Kull
04-24-2005, 06:34
Mmm. What units were in your army?

For the most part, pretty vanilla: Chivalric Sergeants, Feudal Sergeants, Feudal Men-at-Arms, Halberdiers, and a Mangonel (all of which I can build). The only non-typical units were a Spanish Javelinman and a pair of Catalonian Guards. I wanted to run a test and delete those, but apparently you can't disband units while under siege.

Kull
04-24-2005, 06:41
Just a thought...

There are more. The word BYZANTINES appears 16 times, and numbers 7, 13, and 16 all have spaces in the middle of the word (can't tell about #10 since your post cuts to a new row in the middle of that one) Good catch metatron.

04-24-2005, 11:14
Might be those Catalonian Guards. I'll look into it.

buujin
04-24-2005, 15:19
BKB, im really enjoying your mod in campaign mode

but im finding the morale of the units a bit too high for my liking, this is mostly to do with the bonuese gained by cirtain general's V&Vs...

can u tell me which file edits the V&Vs and the effect they have on battles ?

Meneldil
05-03-2005, 18:10
BKB, I was not totally sure about that until today, but I can now tell you that Armenia should own Lesser 'Armenia' and not 'Armenia'. In 1078, the province called Armenia was ruled by the Seljuk, while the real Armenian kingdom was owning Cilicia (Lesser Armenia). If you plan to release a patch, maybe you could fix that.

05-03-2005, 18:29
I was aware of this but i felt in Armenia they would have a better position as they could expand into Georgia but in lesser Armenia tghey would be surrounded by the Turks on all sides so i did this for mainly gameplay reasons

Meneldil
05-03-2005, 18:38
True, they already get killed quickly enough like that, so making them surrounded wouldn't help.
Any ETA for the patch ?

05-03-2005, 18:45
Not long, i have been getting in to modding bits and pieces of rome at the moment, new skins and such. I might release them if any one wants them, but the patch won't be long now, promise ~D

metatron
05-04-2005, 02:38
As the Egyptians, there's no background picture for a synagouge. Dunno if anyone's told you...

Err, High.

PittBull260
05-06-2005, 21:06
hey bkb can u make a version where u can play GA mode?

Kull
05-07-2005, 21:04
A couple minor things:

1) Playing as Castile-Leon in Super Early, and lost Castile to the Almohads. It contained a Chapter House from which an active Crusade was underway. After losing the province, the Chapter House was destroyed and the Crusade disbanded - after which the game displayed a message I'd never seen before: "Crusade_base_lost_could_not_translate". Fortunately this didn't cause any noticeable problems.

2) There are no Winter Battles. From time to time the battlefield preview screen will show the terrain as snow-covered, but the following battle is always on "normal" terrain.

05-07-2005, 22:42
I was playing the other day noticed the chapter house problem, will sought that out but the winter thing i have no idea, i'm not sure if i have done anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

PittBull260
05-07-2005, 23:23
I was playing the other day noticed the chapter house problem, will sought that out but the winter thing i have no idea, i'm not sure if i have done anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
i dont have any of those problems

ps
Almoravids OWN

idiotpariah
05-09-2005, 14:43
The mod is really cool, althoiufh load times are all a little slower. Onbe thing I really NEED thiugh is a list of units and their stats- does anyone have one? I know I can look through the crusader file but its hardly a quick reference guide so pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeee can someone tell me where I can find a list. A tech tree would be nice too.

One thing I noticed though-the upgraded lumbjerack buiklding says it gives +1 valor- but it doesnt- is this deliberate (its cool I think it woulkd be overpowered otherwise.

I also think the morale of the enmy is a bit too good. Even tiny groups of men always rally, even after their general has been butchered.

05-09-2005, 16:26
I will do a tech tree at some point, maybe the next two weeks or so.

Is the lumberjack building a forester? Maybe the last upgrade has a valor bonus but i'd have to check the files for that.

Itsn't the last point good though? I hated the easy battles of vanilla and i wanted to show battles weren't that easy and playing as the Byzatines yesterday in super high i had great and epic battles against bulgars and Crusaders states, often losing against the latter but it makes the game more enjoyable when the ai defeats you.

IPoseTheQuestionYouReturnTheAnswer
05-11-2005, 21:48
Alright. I have a fun problem.

When I go to start a new game, none of the Super periods show up.

I suspect that it has something to do with the DEADPAGECOORD instructions on the first page of this thread. But I don't get how to follow them.

What do I change the name of? There's only one DEADPAGECOORD file...so what's all this "change the name of the period...blah blah" stuff?

If an explanation could be presented for the technically retarded, such an act would be largely appreciated, especially since I've become so alienated from RTW and so anxious for the full BKB mod.

05-11-2005, 22:05
Mate that is not a problem with the deadpage cords. Is it the first time you have downloaded the mod?

05-11-2005, 23:17
No, I've played your mod for a long time now.

This is the first time I've downloaded & installed the full 2.0 version of it, though.

I don't see what went wrong. I installed it to the Total War folder and everything. The game was a fresh install of Viking Invasion 201.

I just took a look into some folders, and am very confused.

There are no startpos files for any of the Super periods.

The CRUSDADERS_UNIT_PROD files seem to have been combined into one single file, but it appears to be incredibly flawed. There are no entries for a Welsh faction, I don't even see the word Welsh when I do a search for it. It seems like most of the new units that are listed on the first post of this thread (anatolian infantry...etc.) are also not in the file, either. Of course, it could just be that they go by a different name.

But the point it is looks like the units file is missing entire factions? Or are the Welsh just not a faction anymore?

Even if they aren't and that's just a big mistake, there's still the fact that there are NO super startpos files.

Confusion....

I just uninstalled the game and am reinstalling MTW & the mod. I'll see what happens.

05-11-2005, 23:34
Ok then....I made quite the foolhardy mistake.

I actually installed the mod to Program Files\Total War, whereas on my computer all my games are in a folder called THE GAMING FOLDER...so it should have been THE GAMING FOLDER\Total War.

So I installed the mod into nowhere.

Now it works fine. Whew. That was simple. I thought something odd was going on.

Well, time for me to finally play this great mod. I've been waiting for the full version for many moons and I know that disappointment is not a possibility.

05-11-2005, 23:35
Are you sure you installed it into the 'Total War' folder? Check inside your 'Medieval - Total War' folder and see if you have another 'Medieval - Total War' inside.

EDIT: Ah I see you've fixed it. Thank god! ~:cheers:

fede
05-12-2005, 08:15
HI BKB..I'd like to download your mod! can u please tell what do i have to do? Do i have to just follow the instructions on the first page of this tread? :bow:
Reading the previous pages, I noticed that u have found little problems since the first release of the mod...I'd like to know, if the current downloadable version still has those problems, or if it has been constantly upgraded and improved.
Thanx :duel:

05-12-2005, 08:48
Yeah mate thats all you have to do. A patch is coming to correct some of the problems.

edyzmedieval
05-12-2005, 15:01
That's awesome BKB!!! I played your mod and it's great although I dislike the graphics very much!!! :furious3: :embarassed: The patch will fix the graphics problem????

Please consider this!!!
Cheers and good luck with the patch,
Edyzmedieval

King Azzole
05-12-2005, 15:57
Well ill be damned. This mod is still going? This is the one mod that held me over till RTW was released. I cant beleive its still being developed. BKB where can I find a list of whats new? Do you remember I did the deadpages for you back when?

05-12-2005, 17:05
What graphics? I'm sorry I don't follow.

How's things KA? Yep I'm developing a small patch but nothing's come out since Version 2.0. Using your deadpages coords I managed to add my new units and get them done. Cheers for that.

King James
05-18-2005, 15:25
Hello all, I have downloaded the BKB Super Mod (took just over 1 hour), but when I try to install it to total war folder it does about 3% then says Total War\campmap\GameEnd\SuperModEarly\FN_ARMENIAN_WIN.BIF: invalid data error 21FC
Am I doing something wrong ? :help: ~:confused:
Can anyone explain why this happens. :furious3:

05-18-2005, 18:32
Hmm I can only presume its a corrupt download. It happens sometimes I'm afraid, and I think you'll have to try and download it again. :hide:

cegorach
05-18-2005, 19:02
Are you going to prepare some historical battles for the mod BKB ?

I just thought that since I have some extensive experience in making some and my/our mod owes you quite much I could 're-pay' you by preparing some, provided that I will get some detailed data.

BTW If you have tried Pike & Musket TW 1.0 you will realise that there are many battle conditions which are usually not used or simply some which I 'invented' on my own ! ~:cheers:

Try for example Karachev 1615 and you will see what I mean ~D

King James
05-18-2005, 19:43
Hi, downloaded it twice already still no joy, also tried VH_MTW_XL2_Full, same thing ~:confused:

edyzmedieval
05-18-2005, 19:57
You must be strange not to like BKB's mod, or even VH mod!!!! Sorry to say this!

NormanPain
05-21-2005, 09:04
Historical battles would be great. Especially if there was a more accurate Battle of Hattin as well as Hastings.

Woods21a
05-21-2005, 15:08
Hey im probably the one messin up but i have a quick question, i downloaded BKB 2.0 off the first thread, and the only era that works is super early. I didnt know if thats the only era that is supposed to work, or am i just messin up when switchin the deadpages??????? :help:

Galagros
05-21-2005, 16:18
They are all supposed to work. Not sure what you did wrong, though.

Woods21a
05-21-2005, 23:59
hmmm well if anyone has any ideas of what i did wrong please tell me

beauchamp21
05-22-2005, 23:33
Yea, same as the guy above. I tried to install version 2.0 but it didnt work at all, u should just make a downloadble that will install ALL of the era's. Im dying to play late period, but ive only plaid early and late......so i switched to HTW. Please Fix!!!!!!!!!! :help:

05-23-2005, 20:44
Version 2.0 should make all era playable. Was it on a clean Medieval? If so, I'm gonna have to check out the download file itself as it seems to be quite problematic lately. The Early only one is strange. The Deadpage Coords would not cause Super High and Late to not work I can say that for sure.

Hi, downloaded it twice already still no joy, also tried VH_MTW_XL2_Full, same thing

EdyzMedieval I think he means that he's had no luck getting them to work not that he doesn't like them. Was it another corrupt download problem?

Are you going to prepare some historical battles for the mod BKB ?

I just thought that since I have some extensive experience in making some and my/our mod owes you quite much I could 're-pay' you by preparing some, provided that I will get some detailed data.

I'm very interested in taking you up on your proposal. I'm thinking of some battles at the moment. Can you use different Crusader Unit Prod files to enable the new units to be utilized?

beauchamp21
05-23-2005, 22:10
Thx alot BKB, it was on a clean medival. I tried both V.1, and and v2.0-2.1 and they both dont work. If u can provide a new download link that would be awsome. :bow:

tutankamon
05-24-2005, 10:09
Hi love your idea and your mod is ok... but sadly it would much better if you had spendt some more time on unit images and not to mention the graphics layout plus made it a little more safe.. I tried it once and it totally ****** up my computer i kept getting error messages like sicilian norman knights doesn't appear on the dead page an so on... plus I had to formate my whole hardisc just to get ridt of it of the game files.... but a part from that it's a great mod any chance their mite come a 3.0?

05-24-2005, 11:09
Mmm sadly your post would have made much more sense if you'd learn to spell properly. :wink:

Duke Dick
05-24-2005, 14:49
Hi love your idea and your mod is ok... but sadly it would much better if you had spendt some more time on unit images and not to mention the graphics layout plus made it a little more safe.. I tried it once and it totally ****** up my computer i kept getting error messages like sicilian norman knights doesn't appear on the dead page an so on... plus I had to formate my whole harddisc just to get ridt of it.... but a part from that it's a great mod any chance their mite come a 3.0?

No idea why you had to format your hard drive, as the installation file also comes with an uninstall, so that should be your port of call next time.

Also, the Sicilian Knights problem sounds like it has something to do with the dead page co-ords. You are supposed to change the co-rds around when going to play a new era, mainly due to the era specific units BKB placed into the mod.

Finally, can you explain what you mean by 'Graphics Layout'? all mods have the same basic look and feel about them, and all the new graphics BKB made, IMO, are extremely good. 3 Maps, countless units, shields and such make for a very good looking mod.

cegorach
05-25-2005, 18:28
I'm very interested in taking you up on your proposal. I'm thinking of some battles at the moment. Can you use different Crusader Unit Prod files to enable the new units to be utilized?[/QUOTE]

As far as I tried ( I had to hurry so I didn't do it completely, so I am not sure yet) - I could only use units from modyfied early period or high or late, but not from more than one. The effect - if I tried - was that some battles were OK, but some appeared with a random mixture of units.

I am waiting for your proposals. Remember battle conditions can be really complicated, I discovered more than one additional condition, I might add modestly ~;) , but I would like to prepare the battles where:

1. The battlemap isn't very complicated - it took 12 hours to prepare Moscow for PMTW1 !

2. Someone is willing to make it leaving me only with the 'easiest work'. ~D

3. There is a notable superiority of AI controlled forces ( numbers or quality) otherwise the effect isn't really worth the effort - if you tried Obertyn 1531 in my mod ( I've made this part alone) you will learn that it can be a real challenge to win !

4. The information is really detailed - Osprey Campaign level data or possibly better - it could be worse, but the battle must be worth making in some way.

Besides you can't expect effects too soon, I am working in at least 3 modding teams ( PMTW1 - next edition, PMTW2 for Rome and OiM TW) and I am going to add several additional historical battles for the next release of PMTW1 e.g Marston Moor 1644. ~:) :balloon2:

Regards Cegorach :book:

metatron
05-25-2005, 20:32
I reversed the Papal colors, made them more metallic (darker) and gave them to the Crusaders. Looks great, IMHO. Interested?

Also, I'm revising certain titles. Did the Crusaders have a Champion of the Joust? I gave them the Patriarchs of Jerusalem and Antioch instead. It's made for an interesting experience, as there are less command stars to go around.

05-25-2005, 23:31
Cegorach that's ok its gonna take me a while to think up some stuff anyway. ~:)

Metatron you got any pics of these new colours?

metatron
05-26-2005, 01:23
Here (http://www.digikitten.com/playhousev2/files/Chris5369/pictar3.jpg) you go. Colors are "238 233 233 then 242 224 103". I have a lighter set, but the difference really is minimal.

Since the coat of arms was that of Jerusalem, I figured why not just center the titles around it too...

AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER royal_palace "Lord Chamberlain" +2 +2 0 0 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER constables_palace "Constable of Jerusalem" +2 0 3 3 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER marshals_palace "Marshal of Jerusalem" +2 0 0 1 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER chancellery "Chancellor" +1 1 0 0 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER cathedral "Patriarch of Jerusalem" 1 2 0 0 4 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER chapter_house "Grand Master of the Knights of the Temple of Solomon" 0 1 1 3 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER law_courts3 "Viscount" 1 1 2 0 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER college_of_surgeons "Master Physician of the Haute Cour" 1 2 1 0 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER royal_palace "Butler" +1 +1 0 0 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER royal_palace "Bailiff" +3 +2 0 0 0 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER cathedral "Patriarch of Antioch" 1 2 0 0 3 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER chapter_house "Grand Master of the Knights of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem" 0 1 1 2 2 0 0
AddOffice:: FN_CRUSADER royal_court "Seneschal of the Kingdom of Jerusalem" +2 +3 0 0 0 0 0
No loyalty for the orders, as their loyalty to the King is tenuous at best, and loyalty for the Patriarchs, because obviously their office (and lives!) depend on Catholic control of Outremer. My research indicated that the position of Marshall was fairly unimportant, in direct contrast to the Constable...

:X

PS: I plan on doing this to all the factions, not just the Crusaders. Just wondering if you're interested.

05-26-2005, 01:48
I've been playing this mod every day for the past 3 weeks, ever since I got it, and am having trouble balancing it with other things I have to do in life, like friends, work, oh man. Most addictive game ever, and definately the best RTS mod I've ever played.

I've only played in Super Early, but I've done so extensively and have a bunch of things to point out.

- The Almoravids are terrible. They always get schooled and eliminated within 5 or 6 turns after the game starts. The Spanish, Valencians, and Almohads are just too numerous and powerful for a computer player to handle.

- The Valencians are still way too powerful at the start. Their king starts out with 8 or 9 command stars! I know he's El Cid, slayer of Yusuf and the Berbers, but come on, that completely unbalances everything. I had to go into startpos and make the Valencians dead poor and bankrupt them at the start to balance things out.

- The Khazar Kaganate is also too weak. The Cumans use the same units and have much better units of their own, like they far-too-good royal cavalry, and then the combination of the Kievans and Novgorod on their doorstep gets Khazar killed in about 10 turns usually. I went in and changed their starting units, gave them some more Steppe Heavy Cavalry, and now they do pretty well on their own.

- Lots of provinces have problems with where ships appear when they are built. The best example I can remember off the top of my head is York (I think it's York, could be Northumbria), where the port is pointed into the North Sea that's east of the British Isles but ships appear in the Irish Sea instead.

- Something needs to be done to hold back Novgorod. Every game I've played they conquer all of the steppe provinces and most of the northern coast of western Europe in 20 years. Probably has something to do with those Voi, they are damn good for an average runofthemill peasant unit.

- Ottoman Sipahi. What the crap!? This thing went from the dinky, completely unarmored, weak little light pursuit cavalry to super DESTROY EVERYTHING HEAVY cavalry! These guys are beating my Chivalric Knights in head on charges. The Sipahi's are totally unarmored, just look at the horse, yet for some reason they have a high armor level, an unheard of charge, and a huge melee attack, and lots of morale. These guys need to be massively toned down. They are light pursuit cavalry, not heavy cavalry. Just look at their little portrait in the unit description, it's a hobo in a turban on a pony with a scimitar! Not a knight on a cataphract horse with a claymore!

- I can't say that I'm a fan of making so many archer units Long Ranged. Yeah, I know how the eastern people made better bows, sturdier and better ranged, but it really makes Longbowmen and Arbalesters not so special anymore.

- The Turks always overrun all factions in the area very quickly. The Byzantine starting units are absolutely atrocious now, as if taking away half their provinces wasn't enough! They no longer have sufficient starting units to hold back the hordes of Turkish horse archers. The Egyptians have all peasant armies, and they can't fight the Turks either. In short, the Turks are incredible, probably too incredible for their own good.

Anyway. that's all I can think of off the top of me head. In short, this is an amazing mod, and totally farts on RTW. Thanks for making an incredible mod.

tutankamon
05-26-2005, 10:07
Sorry for the bad spelling... I was in a hurry :duel:

I wondered too... the uninstaller it said it deleted all the files... but when i tried to instal MTW again it gave me the same error messages ( I haven't done that before i installed the BKB mod ~;) ) so I don't know what's wrong.. ~:confused:

mAIOR
05-26-2005, 21:49
Hey all, I don't know if anyone already asked this but, does this mod includes the Portuguese??

Cheers...

05-26-2005, 22:00
Yeah it does, but only in High and Late as is historically accurate. ~:)

mAIOR
05-26-2005, 23:03
OK... But, if we start playing in the early campaign and then move on to the high ages, does Portugal appear?? Or we just continue without it??

Cheers...

Malachus
05-27-2005, 06:35
If you start an early campaign, then portugal will not appear, even when you transgress to the high period or late.

mAIOR
05-27-2005, 10:23
Is there a way to script that?? Cause I like to play loooooooooooong games :) :duel:

mAIOR
05-27-2005, 10:56
Just been reading the early pages, is this mod Final already??
Plus you should make Portugal able to train Templar and Hospitaliers as well as Knigts of Avis (all this orders had lands in Portugal)...

Cheers...

Meneldil
05-27-2005, 11:18
This orders had land almost everywhere in Europe...

05-27-2005, 17:33
Portugal get the Knights Templar, Knights of Aviz (foot also) and Knights of Christ in varying periods.

metatron
05-27-2005, 19:21
Is there a way to script that?? Cause I like to play loooooooooooong games :) :duel:Unfortunately, no. CA, in their infinite wisdom, decided that editing events should be off-limits to we peons.

:/

Superkungfujesus
05-27-2005, 19:32
Hey bkb, a little while back i was snjorri bevlarson, or maybe it was Sven Der Viking? Anyways i forgot who i was since it's been a long time since i visited this thread. So needless to say i made a new profile.

Last time we talked i think was around christmas or something, so anyways are you coming along with a patch for BKB supermod 2.0? I've noticed certain units are missing their weapons and shields. Unless you want your man at arms beating people to death with their fists, i don't know. Or does this somehow tie in with the deadpage coordinates?

05-27-2005, 20:12
I did actually fix that weapon thing but never got round to releasing it. I've got exams and essays at the minute so a patch is the last of my worries for the next couple of weeks I'm afraid.

Superkungfujesus
05-27-2005, 20:48
I did actually fix that weapon thing but never got round to releasing it. I've got exams and essays at the minute so a patch is the last of my worries for the next couple of weeks I'm afraid.
Hey no problem take your time. But you will release it eventually right?

05-27-2005, 21:01
Yeah of course. ~:)

cegorach
05-28-2005, 11:55
[QUOTE=The Blind King of Bohemia]Cegorach that's ok its gonna take me a while to think up some stuff anyway. ~:)

No problem, BTW have you got any info about army of Montenegro from XVIIth century ?

Regards Cegorach :bow:

Spartacus
06-01-2005, 16:33
What are Deadpage Coords how do I change them and do I have to changed to play custom battles in different eras aswell.

Spartacus
06-02-2005, 15:45
Also any Install guide of what to do when the files are placed in a new medieval total war Folder created in your medieval total war folder

06-02-2005, 20:07
Spartacus copy that new Medieval folder INTO your Total War folder and it should work.

Spartacus
06-02-2005, 20:19
Ok I'll try that but the deadpage coords still confuse me?

Just installing it into C/Progam files/total war/medieval total war dosen't work. should I just put the BKB files in the MTW Original folders. eg: all super early,high and late flags into battle/flags

Tristrem
06-02-2005, 20:46
BKB i have to thank you for your mod it has made my mtw experience last longer than i ever thought it would. My favorite faction has to be the serbians in late well anyway good job

Spartacus
06-03-2005, 08:08
Could someone help please I've also found out this forum this so quiet :help:

06-03-2005, 10:23
AG thanks for the praise always nice to hear that people are enjoying the mod.

Spartacus I really can't explain the Deadpage Coords things more than I already have. I know its fiddly but at the end of the day it is only optional. My instructions are quite precise and if you follow them carefully I'm sure you will be okay.

handoffa8
06-04-2005, 04:22
Hey! I downloaded V 2.0 from the first page in your thread, and it works great! I have a few questions:

1) Do any of the new factions you created emerge as the game progresses? Do the Latin or Crusader states, for example surface at a certain point even if you started the game in the early period?

2) I played as the Valencians and found that I couldn't build anything better than keep. Why are the higher level castles gone?

3) How do you build jewish master traders? my jewish friends have begged me to find out. Is there a tech-tree somewhere, or a list of new units & requirements?

4) Do I need any patches for the version I have or is everything fixed in V 2.0? The reason I ask this is b/c of all the patches available in the "downloads section. Are all of them obsolete?

Spartacus
06-04-2005, 08:56
AG thanks for the praise always nice to hear that people are enjoying the mod.

Spartacus I really can't explain the Deadpage Coords things more than I already have. I know its fiddly but at the end of the day it is only optional. My instructions are quite precise and if you follow them carefully I'm sure you will be okay.

ok so I don't have to change the Deadpage coords but does that mean I can only play with one era. Also any guide on how to install the files manually as your first idea didn't work sadly and I'm confused. sorry for the hassle but I'm stuck. A guide to manual installing the files would be handy then hopefully I can enjoy your Mod which I know is great.

edyzmedieval
06-04-2005, 11:45
Hey! I downloaded V 2.0 from the first page in your thread, and it works great! I have a few questions:

1) Do any of the new factions you created emerge as the game progresses? Do the Latin or Crusader states, for example surface at a certain point even if you started the game in the early period?

2) I played as the Valencians and found that I couldn't build anything better than keep. Why are the higher level castles gone?

3) How do you build jewish master traders? my jewish friends have begged me to find out. Is there a tech-tree somewhere, or a list of new units & requirements?

4) Do I need any patches for the version I have or is everything fixed in V 2.0? The reason I ask this is b/c of all the patches available in the "downloads section. Are all of them obsolete?

Welcome handoffa8 to the forums!!! ~:cheers:

Here are the answers:
1. No,they don't emerge

2. You have to build some prerequisite buildings to upgrade to castle...

3. You build a Synagogue... Play Byzantines on late and in the building tree, you can find a Synagogue...Build it...Then you can train Jewish Master Merchants

4. You don't need patches...Only VI...Although the patch for VI helps... Your king won't die at exactly 56 years old!!!!

Cheers! ~:cheers:

beauchamp21
06-04-2005, 16:17
Hey...
So right now i am dying to play the late version of your mod, but my medieval was kindof stolen so itd be great if someone had sum screenshots of Late version or somethin. thanks!!!

Rageagainst20
06-04-2005, 17:07
i am guessing you need Viking expansion for this?

Meneldil
06-04-2005, 18:31
I'm guessing you can't just read what has been said in the posts above ~:cool:

Rageagainst20
06-05-2005, 10:23
I cant see it, i cant exactly look through 80 pages

Spartacus
06-05-2005, 11:09
Yes I finally figured out how to get BKB To work but if I don't change the deadpage coords does this mean I can only play one era or can I still play all 3 without changing them.

Spartacus
06-05-2005, 14:08
I know double post but I got a new error...

Too few strings found in element data: column 22, data row 4
Height (85)

Ahy help?

06-05-2005, 15:34
2. You have to build some prerequisite buildings to upgrade to castle...

Thanks EdyzMedieval. Just to clarify, these buildings are stonemasons.

Yes VI is needed.

Spartacus, sounds like there's a big problem. Did you do any tinkering?

Spartacus
06-05-2005, 18:28
Nope not at all

Abokasee
06-08-2005, 19:36
lol man have you made the mongal horde playable

06-08-2005, 21:50
Yeah they are playable in Late along with the Ilkhanate, another Mongol faction.

Spartacus I suggest trying another install on a fresh Medieval. If that doesn't work, it could be a problem with the download.

Superkungfujesus
06-09-2005, 13:25
Any news from afar of the patch? I'm stuck playing morrowind as a dude in chain mail being classified as an "Fuedal Foot Knight". Please save me BKB. My addiction to BKB supermod needs to be refreshed.

poirot
06-11-2005, 06:52
My BKB Mod always freezes. I reinstalled the Medieval Total War 1.0 plus the Viking Invasion to upgrade to version 2.0. Then I installed the BKB mod into the Total War folder. Then I renamed the period I wanted to play DEADPAGE, and proceeded to the game.

Several problems:

1. I see the same map, only with slightly different provinces. I don't see Iceland, as advertised by BKB.

2. After about three turns, the game gets stuck on the thinking phase. It seems that the program is running a continuous loop and cannot get out of the loop. I press ESC OR Ctrl+Alt+Delete, to no avail.

How can I fix this problem?

dewinter
06-11-2005, 07:05
paroit..did you install the patch for VI? that could be cuasing some problems..i ask becuase you did not list it in the things you did prior to installing the mod.

06-11-2005, 10:32
What period was this? Iceland is only in Super Early. I've never heard of any freezing from Version 2.0.

poirot
06-11-2005, 18:19
Oh, I mean version 2.01. Sorry I did not clarify. I have version 2.01 but the campaign freezes after 3 turns.

06-11-2005, 18:29
Sorry I meant which BKB Mod? Version 2.0?

poirot
06-11-2005, 18:43
I believe it is the final version 2.0. I downloaded it from the first link you posted on the thread.

06-11-2005, 19:08
What period are you playing?

poirot
06-11-2005, 19:14
I am playing the Golden Horde in the Super Late Period. Oh, when does the Super Late Period end. 1453 I presume?

06-11-2005, 19:29
1492. Was it installed over a clean Medieval and VI?

poirot
06-11-2005, 19:38
Yes, I reinstalled Medieval Total War 1.0 and VI expansion pack.

poirot
06-11-2005, 19:40
could it be that I have too many buildings and units? I am building and training units in every province. oh yes, 1492 is an excellent choice to end the Medieval era (i.e. end of Reconquista and the voyage of Cristobal Colon)

06-12-2005, 10:54
I would not have thought so. Could you do me a favour and try a few other factions out in that era and see if the same thing happens? I'll check out my game too.

GoreBag
06-12-2005, 20:45
I downloaded this yesterday and after a solid hour and a half of around-frigging, I fixed my screwy MTW installation to get it to work, and it's well worth it! I've only used the Scottish so far, but I'm already impressed, what with the sheer number of factions, new units and challenges for the single kingdoms, even on the Normal setting. I've only played on Super Early (I'm a sucker for the era), but I'd be satisfied with the package if there was only that setting. Congratulations, BKB, this mod kicks ass.

06-12-2005, 20:59
Super Early is a good era to play for the smaller kingdoms, especially the Celtic ones as you can ally and gang up on England. Watch out for the Norse when playing as Scotland as with caithness they can prove dangerous.

Glad to see your enjoying it NG, try high in the Balkan thearte and you will love the challenge mate.

GoreBag
06-12-2005, 21:04
It seemed like the Irish were more inclined to try to sink my trade fleets and Wales pulled a kamikaze on the sleeping giant that was England. I took Iceland, as it was a rebel and has plenty to trade. I would strike at the Beurla, but they're a bit of a superpower now, since they've...crushed the French.

Did you do absolutely all of this yourself, by the way?

06-12-2005, 21:20
KA helped with the dead pagecords, borrowed a few shields from Grell and used some of the excellent unit info pics from a Russian mod which are beautiful and Belarsarius did the pre battle loading screens but apart from that with the map, units and the research was all me.

Long hours and very knackering but worth it ~D

GoreBag
06-13-2005, 03:08
Long hours and very knackering but worth it ~D

Agreed. My gratitude and praise are beyond words. This mod is a service to the MTW community.

06-13-2005, 13:16
Very kind words friend, i thank you for them :bow:

Kull
06-13-2005, 15:53
.....This mod is a service to the MTW community.

Amen!

Magister Pediyum
06-13-2005, 20:36
Yo people what do i need in BKB mode to have Siculo-Norman Knights and Neapolitans that is what buildings do i have to build to have them.
Maybe i did something wrong but i had build everything and still nothing???

06-13-2005, 21:28
For Siculo-Norman Knights you need an armourer2 and an axesmith2 and for the Neopolitan infantry you need an armourer2 and spearmaker2.

Hope this helps

Magister Pediyum
06-13-2005, 21:47
Thanks a miliooooon mine mistake i made some changes in super early.txt but it all works now. ~:cheers:

Belisarivs
06-15-2005, 12:18
Hi BKB.
I've played your mod v2, great changes in comparison with v1.

I want to ask about function of Jewish Merchants (JM) and Heretic Priests (HP).

I trained one JM and placed him in Constantinople, but nothing happened. Do they increase income of the province or what (but it didn't increase, when I trained that JM)? I understood that they should also convert population of province to Jewish faith.

And HP? Do they increase Heresy? If yes, why should I train them?

How hard is to change shape of provinces? I dislike shape of provinces of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia.
I know, that I have to change that pic, take care about neighborhood and positions of castles and docks. Did I miss something. I plan to fix that map. I think, that it's better than cry that there is something wrong and nobody takes care about it. Bye and thanx.

lord illingsworth
06-15-2005, 18:45
hey guys, quick question.

i was playing Teutonic Knights in Late, and some things say that there is upgrade path of 'something + chapter house', for example, (i think) horse breeder's guild + Chapter House = Teutonic Knights. only I can't build a chapter house... was this intentional? Seems weird that the Teutonic Knights faction can't even build Teutonic Knights! I finally found where to re-enable this, but was wondering if there was a good reason for it. Thought maybe it was because of the end of crusades, but other groups have still been able to crusade (the aragonese and the hungarians). thanks!

06-15-2005, 20:58
I can't believe i over looked this! I seem to have taken the chapter houses away from them but they need it for there best units! I'm really sorry i missed this. Taking away the crusading ability was intentional as most of the orders "Crusades" were in the Baltic theatre and i didn't want them launching crusades to North Africa which would leave there other lands ripe for the taking by the Lithuanians, Poles etc

A patch will be done for this week ASAP

Welcome to the org by the way ~D

lord illingsworth
06-15-2005, 21:37
I can't believe i over looked this! I seem to have taken the chapter houses away from them but they need it for there best units! I'm really sorry i missed this. Taking away the crusading ability was intentional as most of the orders "Crusades" were in the Baltic theatre and i didn't want them launching crusades to North Africa which would leave there other lands ripe for the taking by the Lithuanians, Poles etc

A patch will be done for this week ASAP

Welcome to the org by the way ~D

thanks! and thanks for all the great work on the mod! i can't imagine how much work it must have been, but it is a great addition to an already-great game.

So what will the solution likely be? Changing the requirements from chapter house to something else (maybe a reliquary or monastery?) or adding the ability to build chapter houses? Just curious really... i managed to do pretty well this game without them, holding eastern europe and asia north of georgia... the genoans hold most of the west side of the map, the wallachians the east, and a few small isolated factions still remain.

GoreBag
06-16-2005, 02:55
Ohh...could I ever use a tech tree. I assume that not all Catholic factions have the ability to launch Crusades?

06-16-2005, 10:49
I might decrease the power of wallachia abit, i'm not sure about the requirements but i don't think i'll be giving a chapter house to the teutonic order, probably a monastery or reliquary.

NG, i will release a tech tree soon, as soon as i finish uni next week for the summer

Total War Merc
06-16-2005, 22:39
Can someone give me a bit of help, the bkb mod is a bit blured on the campaign map how to i stop it

06-16-2005, 22:41
I think its always like that its probably because I used a program called Irfan View to create a hi-res version of the initial smaller map. The quality may suffer because of it.

bbcrackmonkey
06-19-2005, 01:30
I love your mod BKB, I've been using it for over a year now. I was playing Rome Total War and even Rome Total Realism for quite a while but the save-game AI bug has made it completely worthless to me.

Recently I uninstalled both the older versions in order to try and install the 2.0 BKB mod. I installed 2.0 but when I try to load up the game get an error message that says "Medieval has encounetered a problem and will now close."

I'm almost positive that it has something to do with the fact that one of your earlier mods wouldn't uninstall. I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall the game, then install your 2.0 BKB mod but maybe I should wait until you have all the bugs kinked out with the patch?

Also, I'd like to say that you might want to have the deadpage coordinates for each era labeled more accurately. After I installed 2.0 I went into the textures men thing and I saw all the pages full of deadpages, but you didn't label them with high/early/late, something that would be easy as cake to do and fix a lot of confusion.

Mongoose
06-19-2005, 01:41
I am going to buy MTW based on this mod/XL looking pretty good :medievalcheers:

Just one question;Is the entire thing blurred? Is it just map, or is the text also blurred?

bbcrackmonkey
06-19-2005, 06:48
I got the 2.0 BKB mod working but I'm having a slight quandery.

1) Is there a way to reduce the upkeep of all units by half? I like to play on huge unit settings and the computer tends to build a lot of troops and then remain stagnant and discontinue growth. I like to give my opponents a fair chance when it comes to economics and I like epic battles a lot :-)

2) I've made a mistake on my earlier post about the deadpages, as you did label them correctly, however, I am curious as to why there seems to be an EARLYDEADPAGE COORDS.txt missing from the folder with the other deadpages coordinates.

3) With the added stone-mason buildings, have you run tests to see if these buildings are built by the computer and thus do not impede the growth of the computer opponents building various castles types?

-Amon-
06-19-2005, 11:48
hi everyone..

does this mod improve AI? ~:confused:

sorry, i couldn't read all of 82 pages...

L'Impresario
06-19-2005, 11:59
2) I've made a mistake on my earlier post about the deadpages, as you did label them correctly, however, I am curious as to why there seems to be an EARLYDEADPAGE COORDS.txt missing from the folder with the other deadpages coordinates.
Well, IIRC the current in order for a deadpage coords file to be used, it needs to be in the "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt" form, meaning you can't change the title at all.
So you can easily come to the conclusion that the default dpcoords file being used is the EARLYDEADPAGE COORDS.txt one, and the titles on the others are just for ease of referance, in case you want to change the current file. Do remember though to rename anew the files you won't use, example: If you want to use the HIGHDEADPAGE COORDS.txt, you rename the current to EARLYDEADPAGE COORDS.txt, and then you erase the "HIGH" part from the soon-to-in-use file.

playboytaxi
06-19-2005, 23:00
Hi
What is wrong ?
1. I install MTW.
2. I install Viking Invazion.
3. I install BKB mod 2 into Total War folder.
4. I set 'DEADPAGE COORDS' for high period.
5. I am using Viking Inv. CD to play.
6. I try to play ,the game crash before camp. start.

Thank you.

bbcrackmonkey
06-19-2005, 23:21
Something is seriously rotten in Denmark, or at least Syria.

I was playing the BKB mod, 2.0. I noticed that the Crusader States had taken Syria and the Egyptians had launched a Jihad from Palestine to retake it. Now don't ask me how or why, because obviously I have no idea, but guess who was leading this Jihad?

:eek King Premysl I, the Lord and Ruler of Bohemia.:eek

I was playing the Byzantines at the time and decided to do a little cheating with the -ian extension so I could see the whole map and take control over other factions. I check this Jihad and notice that there is a FREAKING BOHEMIAN KING LEADING IT! Not only that, but he still had crosses next to his piety level, which means he was still a Catholic while his 'Jihadis' were Muslim!:rollin

Well, I just had to take control of the Egyptians to see what would happen, again using the -ian cheats. I put a lot more Egyptian troops into this crusade and I assaulted Syria with it and several other soldiers from Arabia.

When the battle started, all the soldiers that were in the crusade were gone, all but one unit, the Bohemian King, and he attacked me. After killing this strangely out of place monarch, it said "The Bohemians are fleeing the field" which meant that for some reason none of my Jihadis had ever made it onto the field except this foolish King Premysl I. I promptly defeated the Crusaders and took Syria and my Jihad was bumped back to Palestine due to all of it's soldiers fleeing. Well, not one to waste time, I again moved the Jihad to Syria now that it was under my control.

Hooray! My brave Jihadis reached Syria and reclaimed it.... just one downside however... after the Jihad was over, the Jihad army turned into a Bohemian army and it's just sitting there, not doing anything. Currently I'm neutral with the Bohemians, but I figure that if Syria is attacked again that the Islamic Bohemians will attack both sides.

If you don't believe me, tell me how to create screenshots and I will prove it to you.

06-20-2005, 00:00
Mate pardon my language but that is some fucked up shit! Mate i believe you but i have never seen that in my games. That is extremely weird and i don't know what else to say! ~D

playboytaxi
06-20-2005, 00:58
Hi
What is wrong ?
1. I install MTW.

Thank you.

Well i reinstall again its the same.

DEADPAGE COORDS or DEADPAGE COORDS.txt ???????

Mongoose
06-20-2005, 01:32
You need the ".txt" at the end.

Kull
06-20-2005, 06:58
If you don't believe me, tell me how to create screenshots and I will prove it to you.

We need to see this!

(Screen shots are simple - just use the "printscreen" key at any time (works on the main map and even during battles - real time or paused), and then open up a graphics program and paste in the image.)

06-20-2005, 11:36
Just one question;Is the entire thing blurred? Is it just map, or is the text also blurred?

Just the maps.

does this mod improve AI?

It does its best to. With all the new factions on offer and the re-balancing of the game I'd have to say at least a bit.

1) Is there a way to reduce the upkeep of all units by half? I like to play on huge unit settings and the computer tends to build a lot of troops and then remain stagnant and discontinue growth. I like to give my opponents a fair chance when it comes to economics and I like epic battles a lot :-)

3) With the added stone-mason buildings, have you run tests to see if these buildings are built by the computer and thus do not impede the growth of the computer opponents building various castles types?

1) There is but it is long and difficult. I don't think I could be bothered to go through all the units and change it.

2) This question has been answered.

3) Good question, and one which I'm looking into.

L'Impresario
06-20-2005, 13:21
Hi
What is wrong ?
1. I install MTW.

Can I assume that step 2.b is missing? Like in:

2.b I install the 2.1 patch

~D

crazyhorsesanchez
06-20-2005, 14:47
:help:

right i know im probably being a twat but i cant work out how to access high and late eras, i have messed around with the deadpages in textures/men but are there other things i have to change?

can anyone tell me what to do or direct me to somewhere where i can work it out...

...cheers

CHS

06-20-2005, 16:08
Have you installed it correctly mate? You can't play high and late eras at all or just the deadpage cords with these eras?

Meneldil
06-20-2005, 16:22
I bet trying to fix everything for all people who screwed up something while installing must be boring at some point, heh ?

06-20-2005, 16:36
Just a little bit ~D Its just frustrating as i don't have a clue why they have these problems or what mistakes they have made in the installation process

bbcrackmonkey
06-20-2005, 17:18
I feel your pain BKB. It must be frustrating as hell to make a mod and then have people screw it up all the time.

BTW for my earlier question I wasn't asking you to actually downgrade the unit upkeep, I was just wondering if there was a way to do it myself. There is, and I should be doing it instead of being a lazy ass and bugging you about it when you have better things to do. I'll just read the tutorial but right now my game is so crazy that I can't possible change a thing. The mongols, on huge unit settings, invaded in full force in all 3 possible provinces ~:cool:

Right now I've got a pretty strange problem having to do with Lesser Armenia. It says that Lesser Armenia is 100% Christian, 100% Muslim, and 3% Heretic. ~:confused: I'm assuming this has something to do with the Heretic Temple I built there so I'm not going to bitch at you for it as building Heretic Temples does screw with your religious populace. I'll roleplay to say that the population has formed a wierd mixture of Islam and Christianity that they practice, some kind of blend.

As an update to the Bohemian King leading a Jihad, well I reloaded and started playing my Byzantine game as it was and continued tottering along and the Egyptian Jihad failed because it's Ribat was destroyed. The Jihad troops automatically went back into the Egyptian Army, only this time as Egyptians instead of Bohemians. I checked their army after the Jihad failed and they had a unit of 21 Royal Knights with Bohemian names that were under their control, but the King was MIA from it. He was nowhere to be found. There was no Bohemian King in Egypt nor was there a Bohemian King in Bohemia. This went on for many turns but I found out where he was when the Egyptian Sultan died, and in the very same turn the Bohemian King died and a new one appeared in Bohemia.

This can only mean one thing... after the Jihad was dissolved, the Egyptian Sultan BECAME the Bohemian King.

Please please please, what is the screenshot button? This deserves to be in the screenshot Hall of Fame and I will post them here if you tell me.

And one more thing, I LOVE YOUR MOD ~:cheers: and you have improved it tenfold since Super Late first came out. All the countries are far more balanced and advanced now and the gameplay is far more interesting now that the countries are less stagnant and have more money to work with. It is the best MTW mod out there. The only problem is that the Islamic Kingdoms are too prone to civil wars.

Belisarivs
06-20-2005, 17:19
I've played your mod as Byzantines and encountered few bugs.

Byzantines can train Champion Swordsman, but it requires Tournament Fields they may not build. I thing, that disabling CS for Orthodox would solve it.

In Crimea population percentage of faith if counted together exceeded 100% by far. In other province (I cannot recall it's name) it was 100% Christian AND 100% Pagan.

If I have ship in some region and it borders with land, I can see units (I mean detail view, not only bar shoving number of units in fortress ...) and buildings in this province until owner of this province doesn't send ship to that sea? Is it right? I think, so.
I'm asking because I (and only I) had ship in sea neighboring with Sahara (I'm not sure with name, it's province disabled in MTW and enabled by your mod) and I couldn't see units and buildings in that region.

crazyhorsesanchez
06-20-2005, 17:31
yeah it must get boring, sorry mate, comes with the territory....

i cant access the other eras at all, i chqange the deadpage file and i go back in and still only early avaliable....

...stupid machines, i hate them, yet cant live without em

Belisarivs
06-20-2005, 17:34
Please please please, what is the screenshot button? This deserves to be in the screenshot Hall of Fame and I will post them here if you tell me.

Press Print Screen (Print Scrn) beside F12.

Belisarivs
06-20-2005, 17:36
yeah it must get boring, sorry mate, comes with the territory....

i cant access the other eras at all, i chqange the deadpage file and i go back in and still only early avaliable....

...stupid machines, i hate them, yet cant live without em

Sometimes, there is problem between keyboard and chair. ~D

bbcrackmonkey
06-20-2005, 17:40
I give you King Premysl I, Monarch of Bohemia, Devout Catholic, leader of the Jihad to retake Syria.

http://img86.echo.cx/my.php?image=bohemiankingofjihad4co.jpg

Belisarivs
06-20-2005, 17:44
I give you King Premysl I, Monarch of Bohemia, Devout Catholic, leader of the Jihad to retake Syria.

http://img86.echo.cx/my.php?image=bohemiankingofjihad4co.jpg
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

playboytaxi
06-20-2005, 18:38
"2.b I install the 2.1 patch "

I think 2.1 patch come with the Viking inv. instalation.

Well ,i start the game without ".txt" at the end???
Looks like it crashing becouse of the video options 800-600. With the best video options the game is kind slow and the units looks small.

06-20-2005, 19:03
PBT, i'm not sure whats going wrong, please tell me if you can get it working.

Bel, i can do number 1, 2 sounds weird and three i'll look into.

CHA, don't ever feel daft about asking questions mate. I'd prefer to answer questions than reply to staunch criticism ~D

BB, the screenshot is funny man, it boggles the mind but deserves to go into the hall of fame for most insane screenshot ~:cheers:

bbcrackmonkey
06-20-2005, 20:55
PBT, the 2.01 patch does NOT come with the Viking invasion installation. You need to delete BKB, probably delete VI, then reinstall VI, patch it to 2.01, THEN install BKB.

Here's another picture of our Bohemian Jihadi and his brave Islamic Bohemians

http://img200.echo.cx/my.php?image=thisisyourjihad4hg.jpg

bbcrackmonkey
06-20-2005, 21:02
One thing I'm curious about BKB, is why the Pagan units use the Latin commands in battle. In Shogun Total War, the Mongolian units had those awesome gutteral Mongolian commands that they would shout in battle, I was just wondering if you could program those Asiatic/Mongolian sounds into the game to replace the Latin ones currently used for Pagan soldiers.

It's kind of silly listening to Mongolian archers do the whole "Tanar Entendity!" while readying their bows. In Shogun: Mongol Invasion, the Mongols shouted "Miow Chien!" when readying their bows, and they had different sayings for when enemy generals were captured/killed. I'm just wondering if it's possible for your next patch to include that because it really takes you out of the immersion when you hear Mongolian Hordes and Steppe Pagans shouting Latin commands.

edyzmedieval
06-20-2005, 21:22
You want too much!!!

06-20-2005, 22:00
Woah lets calm things down here! BB Crack Monkey, I did try to get them to use the old Mongol commands, though it just couldn't be done I'm afraid, or at least I couldn't do it. Sucks doesn't it? I would have loved to have seen it implemented just as much as you. ~:mecry:

bbcrackmonkey
06-20-2005, 23:17
Oh come now, if you can lead an Islamic Jihad into Syria then surely you can certainly program new sounds ~:joker:

OK just kidding. Just wanted to check, but regardless, please do keep in mind that I am entirely grateful for your wonderful mod, and I think the little bugs just add more flavor to it. This particular Bohemian King that led the Jihad had the vice of Pride. I'll roleplay it and say that the Crusader states insulted and goaded this king and told them that if taking Syria was so easy, then why not do it himself? So off he went to the Occident to prove he could.

You know what another really cool feature of MTW is? If a foreign prince turns rebel and you bribe him, and he still has that little crown thingy next to his head indicating royalty, if you lose all your heirs and king, that foreign prince that you bribed will become your new king. He will be outfitted with whatever royal guards you use and he will be assigned a new name and picture fitting your faction. I've done it before with Islamic and Russian princes just to see if I could.

bbcrackmonkey
06-20-2005, 23:22
And one more thing in praise of your awesome mod:

I love all the added heroes you've inserted into it. It's so hard to find good help these days and it was often very tiring trying to build up these no-good riff-raff from nothing. I absolutely hated giving lands and titles to some moron spearman just because he had 2 acumen instead of 1 and it takes too long for all your royalty to turn into your uncles so you can give the titles to them.

bbcrackmonkey
06-21-2005, 04:46
I believe I've noticed a few bugs in the latest BKB 2.0 release. It has to do with the graphics of units on the battlefield. I'm not sure how many it affects because I'm only playing a Byzantine campaign right now, but I'll list them off to you:

1) Varangian Guards missing shield and weapon graphic/sprites in battle
2) Almohad Urban Militia missing shield and weapon graphic/sprites in battle
3) Cuman Horse Archers appear to be missing their weapon graphic/sprite in battle

This is in Super High mode. I haven't changed anything whatsoever, I actually did a fresh install of MTW, then VI, then BKB 2.0 and the only thing I switched was to the Super High deadpages.

I'll keep you updated as I play it more.

Once again, love your mod, can't thank you enough for all the hard work you've put into it.

06-21-2005, 10:47
The first two I knew about, and have infact fixed. I tried to upload a small patch a while back but it didn't work so I forgot about it. I didn't know about CHA, I'll have a look at that.

bbcrackmonkey
06-21-2005, 12:33
So are there any other units that are missing weapons/shields besides the VA and AUM? My dogs woke me up early this morning and I think I broke my left middle finger slamming the door while walking them so landscaping and cutting down trees isn't gonna happen today. I might just test all your units in all eras to see if they have their correct weapon/shield combo because I've got nothing better to do.

06-21-2005, 12:41
Thanks mate that would be sweet ~D

bbcrackmonkey
06-21-2005, 12:42
Oh and if the patch is small enough, could you be so kind as to simply e-mail it to me? My e-mail address is bbcrackmonkey at gmail.com

Or you can upload it. Or, maybe you can even wait for it until BKB 2.1 comes out.

bbcrackmonkey
06-21-2005, 16:09
The following units are empty handed on the battlefield and are missing their weapon/shield sprites and graphics on Super High mode:

Feudal Men-at-arms
Feudal Foot Knights
Chivalric Men-at-arms
Chivalric Foot Knights
Chivalric Knights
Halberdiers
Almohad Urban Militia
Byzantine Cavalry
Knights of Santiago
Knights Hospitaller
Tuetonic Knights
Tuetonic Sargeants
Knights Templar

Pretty much all horse archer units did not show their bows or swords but did show them while they were in combat, which is probably on purpose and not a design flaw, except Byzantine Cavalry whose weapons and shields were absent. Keep in mind that I was not able to test every single unit in Super High because many of them are region specific and not available in custom battles.

bbcrackmonkey
06-21-2005, 16:11
Oh yes and also Varangian Guard, which was mentioned earlier.

Sorry for spamming the crap out of your thread, but I don't see the edit button anywhere on the posts.

06-21-2005, 17:37
The horse archers are a design flaw yes. Most of the foot units you posted I already knew about, but those cavalry ones are new to me. They would be the same for each period.

edyzmedieval
06-21-2005, 21:34
You have to do a lot of enhancing and modifying....

Hopefully the patch will do it... ~D :book:

bbcrackmonkey
06-22-2005, 13:45
Currently I'm unable to do a proper and quick test of the Super Early units because the game crashes whenever I set up a custom battle with the first 8 factions and their units so I'm going to try and do a process of elimination and find out which faction/unit is causing the game to crash so I can report it to you, and after that I'll test all the Super Late units for bugs or missing weapons.

And by the way, if you start the game as the Egyptians and right click on the Synagogue to see it's description to see if you might possibly want to build it, the game crashes. Just FYI.

06-22-2005, 14:20
Yeah I knew about the Egyptian thing. You're doing a bang-up job BBCM, keep it up! Saves me a lot of time anyway. ~D

bbcrackmonkey
06-23-2005, 03:53
On Super Early there seems to be a problem with the portraits of the mercenaries. All nordic mercenaries, no matter what name or what cultural backround they come from, have a Norse portrait for their leader, even if their name is Muhammed Bin Adil and they issue Islamic commands on the battlefield.

The same is true of the Irish. All Mercs, no matter the culture, appear with an Irish portrait.

The Cumans did the same as well, all of their mercenaries, no matter what their name or culture, showed up with the Steppe Pagan portrait.

However, the Egyptians had regular portraits for their mercenaries, so take with that what you will.

I'm probably going to either test and find out which Super Early units cause the game to crash or else test all the Super Late units to see if they're empty-handed as well.

bbcrackmonkey
06-23-2005, 04:31
Ok, after a careful process of elimination, the French infantry unit "Tarfur" causes the game to crash when he's included in a custom battle, and he crashes it against numerous opponents so it's just him. Not sure if he causes the campaign battles to crash as well but if he did probably nobody ever noticed because nobody plays early French.

I think there are more game crashers on Super Early as well and I'm determined to root them out, then go for the super late units. FYI I haven't found any Early Units that are empty handed that I've tested so far besides the ones I already listed.

As an aside, for your patch, could you kindly lower the upkeep value of Byzantine Cavalry? I think they added an extra digit in there or something, but the upkeep value of that unit is totally out of proportion to its ability in combat

GoreBag
06-23-2005, 04:56
Oh, and the Boyars. I know this isn't you, but the Boyars are friggin' incredible! Three units of them chewed a whole army of spearmen and axemen units. ARRGH!

cutepuppy
06-23-2005, 08:07
Ok, after a careful process of elimination, the French infantry unit "Tarfur" causes the game to crash when he's included in a custom battle,

Maybe that's caused by the unit size. I think a unit of tafurs consists of 200 men by default, and if you play with large or huge unit size, the game will crash, because the engine can't handle units with more than 200 men in it.

06-23-2005, 09:19
Yeah CutePuppy you're right about the Tarfurs. I don't play on double unit size so I never noticed it.

06-23-2005, 17:17
New project guys. Unlike Eastern Promise, I SWEAR to you, this one will get off the ground. Expect it by about October. Check out the thread in the Engineers Guild. Just the nearly finished map at the mo, not details or names yet. That's why a patch hasn't been forthcoming. ~D Hope you understand.

william the bastard
06-23-2005, 21:23
YYeeeppeeeehh !!!!

The Return Of The King !!!! ~:cheers:

Happy to see you come back to MTW, get no special feelling to RWT.
I just wonder, what timeline you gonna use? And if an era will interfer wiht Crusader Mod?

Anyways, Great job.
Respects.

06-23-2005, 21:27
Can't tell you much at the moment but I can tell you it will be medieval not viking period. There will be two periods, the later one set during the hundred years war.

edyzmedieval
06-23-2005, 21:35
WHOPEEE!!!!

Hopefully there are gonna be many new units....

bbcrackmonkey
06-23-2005, 22:52
Are you at least going to fix up the bugs in the current BKB 2.0 mod before doing the new one?

06-23-2005, 22:57
Yeah I'll be setting aside a day to fix everything in the next week.

VAE VICTUS
06-23-2005, 23:39
hey im very new to mods,as in this is my first one to download.how do i got everything in it to work properly?

Kull
06-24-2005, 06:57
hey im very new to mods,as in this is my first one to download.how do i got everything in it to work properly?

No offense intended VV, but....(going into BKB mode)...... :wall:

~;)

bbcrackmonkey
06-24-2005, 15:51
:book: :book: :book:

Complete List of Bugs I’ve Found for BKB 2.0

(1) Empty Handed units I found last I already reported:
Feudal Foot Knights
Feudal Men-at-arms
Chivalric Men-at-arms
Halberdiers
Almohad Urban Militia
Chivalric Knights
Byzantine Cavalry
Chivalric Foot Knights
Knights of Santiago
Knights Hospitaller
Tuetonic Knights
Tuetonic Sargeants
Knights Templar

(2) Empty Handed units I found this time around
Gothic Sergeants
Handgunners
Gendarmes
Naptha Throwers

(3) All Horse Archer units do not show a primary or secondary weapon when not using it.

(4) Shields:
Moorish Infantry shields seem too big, especially from the side angle, Danish Noble shields seem too big. Croatian Militia shields are huge enough to be used as rafts for fording the Danube river if need be and they could be used to shield one of those 1500 pound men you see on Jerry Springer from archer fire.

(5) Synagogue:
Jewish Synagogue for Egyptians crashes the game when you right click on it.

(6) Byzantine Cavalry:
Not sure if it's a bug but Byzantine Cavalry are completely worthless as their upkeep is far too high for their stats and their build requirements are far too demanding considering you get much better units of the same type (Cuman Horse Archers) earlier.

(7) Multiple Religions:
In some provinces, the religions can sometimes turn out to be 100% Catholic, 100% Islamic, and 35% Pagan. If you don't believe me I can send you a screen shot but I'd prefer you take my word for it. I think it has something to do with Heretic Churches in those provinces.

Keep on fighting the good fight and making your mod, BKB, you've done a fantastic job so far and I can't wait until you've got all the bugs kinked out :duel: :duel:

Here's to a finally completed Mod, one that surpassed all the other MTW ones, (or at least the ones I've played) and to future successes with whatever endeavors you choose. ~:cheers:

06-27-2005, 23:42
Patch is done guys. Its 4.5MB, and is an auto-install. I will upload it tomorrow. It fixes most problems, including:

- Empty handed units
- Novgorod and Celtic priests portrait errors in Early and High
- Egyptian Synagogue problem
- The 'could not translate' message when a Crusade base (Chapter House) is destroyed
- Ships not coming out in the seas where the ports were
- Teutonic Knights/Chapter House problem
- Few more

Its nothing major. Whatever I didn't fix that people asked its either because I couldn't (the more than 100% religion in some provinces sometimes) or because I didn't deem it necessary, like the shields that BBCrackMonkey listed. The horse archers always had their weapons only when attacking, so that has not been remeded. Short of anything else really significant arising, this is my final goodbye to the Super Mod. ~:mecry: Rest assured though, a good deal of it will reappear in my next project, which is all systems go now. Thanks for all the support guys, hope you enjoyed it and continue to do so as much as I have making it. ~:cheers:

BKB

P.S. Oh I forgot - there will most likely be a tech tree within the next couple of weeks also, so ignore most of that sentimental crap! :medievalcheers: :barrel:

Kull
06-28-2005, 01:51

bbcrackmonkey
06-28-2005, 06:41
Here here BKB, a fine mod your mod is, superior to all others that I have tried. Thankyou for all your hard work and dedication.

:medievalcheers:

Duke Dick
06-29-2005, 14:58
a fine mod your mod is, superior to all others that I have tried.

I wouldn't go that far myself, yes its good, but not *that* good.

Duke Dick
06-29-2005, 16:28
sorry bkb, that was my mate who posted that for 'a laff' apparently.

You know how i feel about your mod, so apologies mate.

06-29-2005, 23:12
Here is is, better late than never:

BKB Super Mod Version 2.1 Patch (http://tosainu.demon.nl/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.1%20Patch.exe)

PittBull260
06-29-2005, 23:23
Here is is, better late than never:

BKB Super Mod Version 2.1 Patch (http://tosainu.demon.nl/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.1%20Patch.exe)

install this right on the 2.0 patch?

06-29-2005, 23:44
Yes mate but remember (and this to everyone) it will ruin you current campaigns.

peacedude
07-02-2005, 21:26
Stupid question but i have downloaded BKB mod and i click on open on the document it went through the usual installation thing and eventually said install is complete etc. but whenever i paly MTW its just normal MTW no mod at all. Am i missing something i have forgotton to do?

Thanks for any help

07-02-2005, 23:30
Install it into your Total War folder not the MTW folder.

The Grand Inquisitor
07-04-2005, 20:36
Have any of the units undergone stat changes between v2 and v2.1?

[Am I going to have to redo my crib sheets?]

BTW thanks for the hours of fun you have provided with this mod.

07-04-2005, 21:13
A couple, Balkan Warband, Ottoman Sipahi and Vlach Auxilliaries I think. Plus some units have had their building requirements and faction availability altered.

The Grand Inquisitor
07-04-2005, 21:16
Cheers. Looks like I'll be redoing my spread sheets at the start of the summer holidays.

Magister Pediyum
07-05-2005, 18:32
what do need to build to have some varda swordsmen

07-05-2005, 18:45
Varda Swordsmen? I don't believe I made that unit. What faction are you playing as?

Magister Pediyum
07-05-2005, 18:51
Byzantium super early Vardaratroi or something :book:

07-05-2005, 19:18
Oh yeah sorry about that. Damn I didn't make them trainable! Blast. You want me to upload a Super Early startpos that amends that or do you know how to add building requirements to units yourself?

Magister Pediyum
07-05-2005, 19:36
Could you show me how!!Now bkb is just plain great no more errrossss no more crtd sea patches work great just one hell of a job BKB ~:cheers:
Thank you for makeing one old game young again.

edyzmedieval
07-05-2005, 19:38
BKB,

from where the hell have you got the info for the 180 new units?!

Osprey books?!

Meneldil
07-05-2005, 19:39
Damn, that's a unit I've never heard of, can't wait to meet it.

/me is going to have a look at BKB mod files

edyzmedieval
07-05-2005, 19:59
BKB's got awesome units in his mod!!!

It's my fav mod, BTW....

07-05-2005, 20:01
I recommend Swordsmith3 and Royal Palace as buidling requirements. Unfortunately its nothing too exciting - just renamed Early Varangian Guards. Oh and Meneldil the answer to your PM is yes - do what you like so long as it stays a faithful to the Super Mod. Historical battles sound particularly good, and along with Cegorach I'm sure we could get something done.

Hell if you're really looking for work a hand with my new project wouldn't go amiss. Let me know if you're interested.

Oh and thanks Ed - that means a lot to me. ~:cheers:

edyzmedieval
07-05-2005, 20:11
I'm interested BKB...

So far, the Byzantium Total War mod is in a halt, so I got free time... I'm in vacation.....

07-05-2005, 20:42
I don't need any help at the mo but i'll probably call for a hand in a few weeks. Thanks for the offer mate ~D

bbcrackmonkey
07-10-2005, 17:19
Could you just change the build requirements for the Vardaratoi real quick and then upload the changed file? I just got back from Cedar Point in Ohio (roller coasters!) and I'm really tired.

Or possibly just post the text for the build production thingy and tell me where to paste it.

That would be great BKB.

edyzmedieval
07-10-2005, 19:36
If you have and know how to manage the Gnome Editor, it's simple....

As a better alternative, use the Dragon MTW Editor and modify the training requirements....

bbcrackmonkey
07-11-2005, 01:05
No problemo. I just want the Vardaratoi because the Byzantines are my favorite faction and I like to play them.

edyzmedieval
07-11-2005, 07:52
Byzantines are also my fav faction....That's why I started the Byzantium Total War mod...

The Vardataroi are good swordsmen.... But most I like the Kilibanophoroi....

07-11-2005, 10:30
This is an odd request, but I'll give it a go:

Any of you older guys that were here when the Super High BETA was released way back in April 2004 still have it, you know the one with Brittany in High instead of the Latin States? Only I've deleted many files and can't seem to find it for download. I just want the Brittany flags and shields for my new mod. Its not the end of the world but it would save a bit of time.