PDA

View Full Version : BKB Super Mod

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

The Blind King of Bohemia
09-27-2003, 20:20
The Super Mod is now finally finished! Thank you for all of your support. You can get it from the following locations:

BKB Super Mod (http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.0.exe)

Or the 3D Downloads link:

3D Downloads link (http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.0.exe)

And the patch, Version 2.1, can be found here:

BKB Super Mod Version 2.1 Patch (http://www.mizus.com/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.1%20Patch6-07.exe)

Please ensure you have 2.0 installed first.

The BKB Super Mod features:

* New maps for Super Early, High and Late, with new and exclusive provinces for each era! (including the Balearics and Iceland!)
* Finely balanced versions of all three periods!
* Over 170 new units, with exclusive units for each era. These include Mounted Handgunners, Korean Mongol units, Norman Knights, Order Foot Knights, Landsknechts, Welsh Longbowmen, Anatolian Infantry, New Knightly Orders, Svean Axemen, Iranian Ghulams, Chinese Fire Archers, Orebite Spearmen, Gothic Men At Arms and Siculo-Muslim Archers!
* 27 new factions added, with exclusive ones in each era! These include the Lithuanians, Welsh, Scots, Irish, Latin States, Almoravids, Georgians, Bulgarians, Cumans, Ilkhanate, Flemish, Hospitallers, Serbians and Wallachians!
* 7 new agents, including Pagan exclusive ones, a Heretic Priest, Jewish Master Merchant and Qadis!
* Many new buildings, including a Heretic Church, Camel Train, Synagogue, Axesmith and Law Courts!
* A new composite bow has been added, which will give the Eastern archers the advantage they need!
* New factional titles, including ‘Royal Magistrates’, ‘Rabbis’, 'Lord Executioners', 'Champion of the Joust' and leaders of themed Heretical cults. Assign them at your peril!
* Adjustments to original unit stats and changes to original faction AI.
* The removal of certain land bridges!
* Many new graphics, including new unit shields and flags for the new factions!
* New Trade goods - Slaves, Horses, Cattle and more!
* Over a hundred new heroes added, all real!
* Brand new names for the new factions, including Princess names!
* New Loading Screen!
* Deadpage Coords for each era!
* An Easy Auto-Install!
* Plus much, much more!

The 2.1 patch amends:

- Those empty handed units
- Novgorod and Celtic priests portrait errors in Early and High
- Egyptian Synagogue problem
- The 'could not translate' message when a Crusade base (Chapter House) is destroyed
- Ships not coming out in the seas where the ports were
- Teutonic Knights/Chapter House problem
- Few more

VERY IMPORTANT - Ensure that you install it directly into your 'Total War' folder. The default installation is set for your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. This is wrong - ensure that it is installed into your 'Total War' folder, the one 'Medieval - Total War' can actually be found in.

It is highly recommended that you do it on a fresh install as it will now unfortunately harm your current game.

YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE PERIOD'S DEADPAGE COORDS TO WORK AT A TIME. BEFORE YOU START THE GAME, GO INTO 'TEXTURES/MEN', AND WHATEVER PERIOD YOU WANT TO USE MAKE SURE ITS CALLED JUST 'DEADPAGE COORDS'. WHILST NOT IN USE, MAKE SURE THAT THE OTHER TWO PERIODS ARE FRONTED BY THEIR FIRST NAME FOR EASE, LIKE I HAVE DONE WITH HIGH AND LATE.

THERE IS NO GLORIOUS ACHIEVEMENT MODE IN THIS MOD - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO GIVEN THE THREE SEPARATE MAPS FOR EACH PERIOD.

UPDATE:

Gregori99 has very kindly made a comprehensive Unit Guide for the mod, which you can download from here:

Gregori99's BKB Super Mod Unit Guide (http://www.mizus.com/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB_Super_Mod_-_New_Unit_Guide.rar)

Extract the .rar file and you will be able to navigate freely through the pages.

Happy gaming http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/medievalcheers.gif

-------------------------------------Edit by drone----------------------------------
The mizus server links are unreliable now, the files do exist on the AtomicGamer site:
BKB Super Mod v2.0 (http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/35040/bkb-super-mod-version-2-0-exe)
BKB Super Mod v2.1 patch (http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/35558/bkb-super-mod-version-2-1-patch-exe)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antalis::
09-27-2003, 20:43
Excellent

Thank you for the link.

10 new factions http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hagbard la Suede
09-27-2003, 22:20
Sweet Mother of pearlNice

Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 18:06
I'm giving 3d Downloads one more chance because this mod sounds so good. If they fail me again, I'm gonna excommunicate them.

Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 19:24
Maybe I'm dumb, but this line on the ReadMe isn't really clear to me:

Make a copy of the 'Vikings' portraits folder and put it into the actual 'Vikings' portraits folder.
Call it 'Vikings'. Also, make a copy of the 'Pagan' portraits and call it 'Pagan2'. Copy that into the main 'Vikings' portraits folder also.

In my unmodded VI game, inside Campmap/Portraits the folders inside Are:

Catholic Muslim Orthodox Pagan Vikings

Going into Vikings folder I see

Catholic Muslim Orthodox Pagan Vikings

Going into Vikings folder here lets me see the Princess, Emissary General etc folders.

Which Viking folder do you want me to put where? There's kind of multiple levels of them.

Also, for the Pagan portraits. It says to put it into the main 'Vikings' portrait folder. Is this main portrait folder the one that says Catholic-Muslim etc or the one with General-King etc?

Sorry if the questions are confusing - I'm just getting errors trying to copy a folder into its own directory.

09-28-2003, 19:55
Okay, I'll try my best not to sound confusing.

In Campmap/Portraits you should see Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim, Pagan and Vikings.

Copy Pagan and call it Pagan2. Then put Pagan2 into the Vikings folder.

If you already have a folder called Vikings in the Vikings folder I don't think you need to do it again. Start the game and see if the Celtic factions, Novgorod, the Norse and the Kievans have working portraits. If not, come back to me.

Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 22:21
Hey thanks for your help - I had it all correct the first time but I didn't know if it was right until you told me. haha. anyway......

Here are some thoughts/suggestions:

I really like all the new factions plus their flags and such. Makes the game a lot more violent than just fighting rebels.

The only real big problem with the mod is basically the big problem of MTW itself: The peasant/archer/spearmen horde. Factions just build up tons of these and you rarely get to see the new cool units half the time.

My suggestion on how to fix this came from various people in the discussions in the WesMod thread. He implemented these ideas and eventually took them further, but anyway:

1. Make the Muster Field necessary for production of peasants, NOT just the fort. Just import it from Viking Invasion. Muster Field has LOW priority to build and peasants also have LOW priority. This way peasants are available but they certainly are a lot more rare. Most of the time you only see them in revolts/crusades and such and thats how it should be.

2. The more drastic of changes. Bring Early out of 400 AD. The game starts in 1086 and the map should reflect this. Currently in MTW the whole world is rather primitive and the AI's have a hard time building up to actually make units. A solution to this is:

Almost every province on the map gets a fort to start with. Capital provinces get Keeps/Castles and Constantinople gets a Citadel. Most territories should have at least one basic troop producing building like a spearmaker, bowyer, or town guard. Most "civilized" coastal provinces should start with ports and even shipbuilders in capitols.

This sounds drastic, but believe me it works. I can send you my CampMap file for Early if you want to take a look at it, but basically what it runs down to is that it gives the Ai an extra kick in the pants to get their men started, and they thus field real troops instead of the usual rabble we see.

Anyway, that was long, but I'm just trying to pop suggestions to make this mod the best there is. Here are some minor issues:

1. A lot of spelling/grammar mistakes in the Unit Descriptions. A lot of "There" being used when it should be "they're" or "their". No biggie but just thought to point it out.

2. England needs help. I played as them for a Campaign and while I survived, I know for a fact the AI wouldn't have. I fought a LOT of very tough battles against both the Scots and the Welsh. The Welsh invaded in Year 2 and the Scots about 4 years later. I got lucky and wiped out the whole Welsh royal family and thus their faction in a hopeless battle but that really was just luck.

Maybe the English should get a few more troops at the start, or if you don't implement my "Bring em out of the Dark Ages" idea you should at least toss a fort in Northumbria and maybe Mercia to help them out. As it is I've seen England repeatedly wiped out within the first 20 years when I've done tests playing as the Irish and just observing. Maybe the Welsh King should have less stars or something.

3. Maybe in the ReadMe include a detailed list of changes, such as building requirements and such for the new units you added in.

4. Not a real bad bug, but I noticed it nonetheless. I killed the Navarrese King and the message said "The Navarrese King has been captured and executed. His heir will take control of the Bohemians." I guess maybe some fooling in the text file would help that.

5. Maybe in the Faction Selection screen for the new factions you could write a SMALL description about them or if not that just a list of the unique units they can get and whether they can Crusade or not etc.

That's about it for now, but I love your mod. Can't wait for the full version.

09-29-2003, 12:22
Thanks for the feedback Ham. I think i might to that with the musterfield. The grammer is a bugger, sorry about that, i was in a rush to get it out

I will be adding more castles and such, especially to certain factions. The new units will need some kind of info, how and why to train them and such, so i'll do that for the proper release

Are people enjoying it? I know it gets chaotic but i think it brings new aspects to the game and very fun in the process http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Hamburglar
09-29-2003, 13:49
I like it a lot. Its a of fun just to fight battles with the new factions and see their flags and units out there and stuff.

Another thing:

The HRE might need some heavy strengthening. I've done 5 or 6 campaign tests and every time it seems they get ganged up on (not that this doesn't happen in the regular game) but with so many factions it kills them quite quickly. Typically every one of their neighbors just attacks them.

I figure with the HRE, maybe just give them some more quality troops, but not LOTS of troops. This way they can defend themselves better but not exactly go out and squash all of their nieghbors. Like some Feudal Men at Arms and more Swabians here and there.

09-29-2003, 13:52
I plan to strengthen the English, HRE and Byzantines. Looks like I'd better start writing some of this stuff down

09-29-2003, 13:52
The germans always get attacked, usually by france, croatia and Bohemia. They will be strengthed accordingly for the full release.

Lancer6969
09-29-2003, 14:24
Yeah, BKB is out Sorry Ive been out of town. Whoohoo, i will DL it when I leave class today.

Lancer
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smokin.gif

Fearless
09-29-2003, 15:52
Excellent job Blind King. The game's a lot harder now. I can see you've put a lot of work into this. However like all mods the corpses are missing from the field. Has anybody solved this problem yet as it certainly spoils the fun especially when you've had a 20 minute bridge battle and at the end the bridge is empty of the dead. Me no like

09-29-2003, 15:57
Sorry about that Fearless. The dead page cords are a bummer.

Hagbard la Suede
09-29-2003, 16:45
Sorry man,but when i try to play it,everything is ok until i press end year.Comes up a small window where it says some sort of error,i press space and the window goes away,but the game freezes on thinking.
Done some custom battles thought,excellent work

Hamburglar
09-29-2003, 18:40
Hey I'm back with more ideas. I don't have classes Monday Wednesday and Friday so I have nothing to do all day.

Anyway........

I think some of the newer factions are too poor. An essential cause of England always being wiped out is that the Scots and the Welsh have nothing to do. Both territories are dirt poor and the King and his heirs alone take up all the country's income, so they have to attack England without even building up a decent army. I think maybe we could up Wales-Scotland-Ireland's initial farming income or give Scotland a gold mine or something. Another area that is problematic is Navarre. They are so poor the only troops they can build are their princes.

I figure if the mod limits the number of factions that maybe we could get rid of one of the Iberian factions like Navarre or Valencia and make Lithuania into a faction. Lithuania is quite a rich province and historically they were very independent.

Basically to sum up, a lot of the little guys need some help (Aragon could use some trade goods and a boat or two to start) so they don't get steamed over. I've modded your Units file myself and lowered the support costs heavily of all bodyguard units. This way certain factions don't breed themselves to death - it always happened in the original game with the Danes and with all these little guys all over it seems half of them are doomed from the start. I know it sounds like I'm criticizing your mod, but I'm really criticizing the orignal MTW game. Its just with a little more modding some of these issues can be alleviated.

Some small things:

1. Maybe El Cid shouldn't be a King. I'm kind of iffy on Valencia as a faction even but El Cid was never really in charge of it at this point in time. I think he gained it in 1094. But either way, maybe he should just be a general since he was never really a true King. Plus this way he won't die off so early because of the 56 bug. Either way, he really was more a mercenary knight than a king which is why he was a good choice for rebels, but its your mod so its up to you.

2. HRE strengthening: I've been thinking a lot about this and based on discussions with other mods. One thing that came up was how poor many of the German's provinces are. Historically the Rhine river area was very agriculturally powerful and the game should reflect this. This would make the game more realistic and (more importantly) more balanced for the Germans. Consequently, for my game I upped Franconia's farming income and gave them a trade good to make them one of those "Farming Powerhouses" which I think the Germans should have.

3. Another thing I thought of was to give the poor Wales-Scot-Irish factions the Viking Era bodyguard units for Early but mod them to have very low support costs. This way no one else is really affected by it and it also helps them save money and takes some of the pressure off of England.

4. We've got a lot of new units - Maybe mod certain provinces to produce +1 Valor versions of some of them.

That's all for now.

And about the Dead Bodies. Now I know little about this myself, but maybe you could talk to some of the guys who are doing the Lord of the Rings mod. It seems that they got bodies to appear for their new units. While the bodies definitely do not look anything like the units (just dead peasants for all the Rohan guys) having some sort of dead body is still a plus. Not really a big big deal but it is quite satisfying to see the piles of corpses.

Also - you made mention in another thread about never having used the Gnome Unit Modifier. I highly suggest you try it. Before I got it I barely ever touched the Units file because it was so messy and complicated - now I tweak and test things practically every day. Basically all the Gnome thingie does is organizes the Unit file into a REALLY easy to read spreadsheet where making additions is 100x simpler. I tried to load up your Units file with it but for some reason it didn't work. It could be because you made it a Read-Only file or something like that. I know when I modded it manually I couldn't save my work in the original file but had to make a new one and then stash yours somewhere else.

Yeah, that was an essay of a post. Oh well. Tryin' to just throw things out there and see if any ideas catch you. If you want to see my CampMap files with the certain buildings on them, just let me know and I'll email it to you.

09-29-2003, 19:14
Lithuania are in late but for early they were not independent as a force. El Cid seized Valencia the city in 1094, but the provence and the surrounding areas were fought over with the almoravids, El Cids armies and the castilians, with El cid eventually gaining control. He was very much a king and fought successfully against the Castilians and Almoravids, plus many independent neighbours.

Historically Wales, Ireland and Scotland were not rich countries but i will be giving them a better income.

I have given honour bonus for some of my new units. When you click on the info for a provence it will show one unit bonus but there are more one in some provences. You will see as you play the game more.

I don't use the Gnome editor and i never will. Just my own opinion. I like doing it my own way.

I think i have made a fun, enjoyable BETA which can be difficult and insane in a good way The full releases will be better of course. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/dizzy.gif

Lazul
09-29-2003, 19:21
I...Hate...3d...Download... grrr.... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/angry.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/redface.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/pissed.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

09-29-2003, 19:30
Hagberd, are you sure you installed it properly? Did you leave anything out? Did you do the portraits thing in the read me? That is quite important. Get back to me on how your getting on http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hamburglar
09-29-2003, 22:22
Played some more of my English campaign.

I notice I can train Order troops now. While this is kind of good maybe we should have limits on them - they'll be too powerful.

Currently all I need for Chiv Foot Knights is a Swordsmith Workshop and a Chapter House. Thats pretty low requirements. Same thing for Order Foot being only needed a spearmakers workshop and a Chapter House. These troops are really powerful and I think this might unbalance.

My suggestions: (Can use some/all whatever)

1. Make Chapter Houses unique. This way you can only pump them out of one province.

2. Up the requirements majorly. Maybe require more religious buildings like at least a Reliquary or maybe even the Cathedral (then you can have non-unique Chapter Houses)

3. Maybe make them only trainable in certain areas:
Prussia for Teutonics
Ile De France for Templars
Rhodes for Hospitallers
Holy Land for all Orders (Antioch Jerusalem Tripoli Edessa)

It just seems that I'll be pumping these guys out a little too easily and that they shouldn't be "major parts" of forces - they should really be rare. Finding large armies of Crusader troops fighting each other all over Europe seems kind of odd.

I think the best method is to really make them only Crusades and only in the Holy Land/Rhodes/Prussia. Just my thoughts though.

09-29-2003, 22:36
Well i'm going to bring up the requirements for units such as ordercrossbows and orderfoot. The order cavalry and some foot will be exclusive to crusades. This is only for early. In high i want the crusader states to train all orders( Except the teutonic) and it's impossible( as far as i know) to have one faction being able to train a unit and others only getting them in Crusades.

Anymore problems? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/dizzy.gif

Hamburglar
09-30-2003, 00:28
Are you sure it's impossible?

I don't know that much about modding, but I figure a workaround would be to make it so you need a certain kind of building to train them and maybe that building is only available to the Crusader States. Like a "Holy Land Chapter House" or whatever.

And I can think of problems all day http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

My campaign is going pretty well. Been slaughtering Frenchies in droves which is always fun.

09-30-2003, 10:42
Quote[/b] ]I don't know that much about modding, but I figure a workaround would be to make it so you need a certain kind of building to train them and maybe that building is only available to the Crusader States. Like a "Holy Land Chapter House" or whatever.

No you misunderstood me. I said I can't let the Crusader States train them AND only let the other factions get them via Crusades. If I set them to buildable, all the factions associated with them will also be able to build them.

And if you don't know that much about modding, then you can't really appreciate just how difficult it is. Please bear that in mind http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/flirt.gif

Hamburglar
09-30-2003, 16:43
Well, the only other workaround I can think of is just make copies of all the Crusader units and call them something like "Outremer Order Footsoldiers" and "Outremer Templars" or whatever.

Make them exactly the same as regular Order Foot soldiers with the same stats, picture, and body type etc and let them be built by the Crusader States. Then keep the regular Order Foot as Crusade-Only units for the Catholics.

Sorry if I'm getting annoying but I think that one might work haha.

09-30-2003, 16:47
Not a bad idea that....... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Lancer6969
09-30-2003, 17:35
Very good idea Hamburglar That would be great Should have been like that at the beginning. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

Lancer

Hagbard la Suede
09-30-2003, 17:37
So there are supposed to be these foldiers in D:\Medieval - Total War\campmap\Portraits\Vikings

Catholic,Muslim,Orthodox,Viking,Pagan,Pagan2 ?

09-30-2003, 18:20
I think so Hagbard. Try the game and see if everyone's portraits are working.

Lancer don't blow his trumpet too much. I didn't think it was THAT good an idea. Waste of unit space really. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

10-01-2003, 15:34
Hi boys. I was wandering, how is the mod going? There hasn't been that much feedback, and i'd just like to know if people are enjoying it or it sucks. I know the mod is a bit big but its great fun and i know England and HRE have it tough but all those problems will be resolved in the full release.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Bevan of Hertfordshire
10-01-2003, 16:05
Hey could you please split the mod up to smaller .zip files, 40mbs is a bit daunting to my old 56k, especially as it cuts out after 2 hours.

Or you could do it in the next version.
Thank you http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

10-01-2003, 16:33
I will try Bevan but if this Beta for early is big, i can't imagine the size with super high and late, but i will give it a go http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

10-01-2003, 17:21
Well i'm actually giving factions exclusively units for crusades such as:

Teutonic Spearmen(Teutonic order)
Knights of Aviz( Portugal)
Knights of Calatrava (Aragon)
Sword Brethren( Poles/ Danes, they fought with them at Lake Peipus)
Knights of St Lazurus (Crusader states)
Order of St James ( Papacy)

Lancer6969
10-01-2003, 19:30
AWESOME WORK BKB Well appreciated Keep it up.

Lancer

Bevan of Hertfordshire
10-02-2003, 17:17
Quote[/b] (The Blind King of Bohemia @ Oct. 01 2003,10:33)]I will try Bevan but if this Beta for early is big, i can't imagine the size with super high and late, but i will give it a go http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Cheers anyway, the mod looks brill and sounds brill, keep up the good work http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/pat.gif

Turbo
10-07-2003, 18:12
I wish there was somewhere else other than this very crappy 3ddownloads to get this MOD.

hellenes
10-07-2003, 18:20
BK u can change the homelands so there gonna be also GA super campaign the mystery of homeland points was solved by eat col steel in this thread http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....t=11578 (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=11578)

if u can opnen that file u can edit them and give to new factions GA points http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

10-07-2003, 18:36
I haven't really tampered with the GA points before. Is it easy? If so, I'll give it a bloody good go http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

NagatsukaShumi
10-07-2003, 18:40
Look for this in your startpos for your campaign:

//========================================
// Glory goal conquest reward multiplier.
//
// This value represents the multiplier applied
// to points gained for conquering enemy regions.
//
//========================================

GGConquestReward:: FN_REBEL 0
GGConquestReward:: FN_ALMOHAD 0.2
GGConquestReward:: FN_BYZANTINE 0.25
GGConquestReward:: FN_DANISH 1.0
GGConquestReward:: FN_EGYPTIAN 0.25
GGConquestReward:: FN_ENGLISH 0.2
GGConquestReward:: FN_FRENCH 0.2
GGConquestReward:: FN_GERMAN_HRE 0.2
GGConquestReward:: FN_ITALIAN 0.2
GGConquestReward:: FN_POLISH 1.0
GGConquestReward:: FN_RUSSIAN 1.0
GGConquestReward:: FN_SPANISH 0.5
GGConquestReward:: FN_TURKISH 0.25
GGConquestReward:: FN_ARAGONESE 0.25
GGConquestReward:: FN_HUNGARIAN 1.0
GGConquestReward:: FN_SICILIAN 0.2
GGConquestReward:: FN_BURGUNDIAN 0.5
GGConquestReward:: FN_GOLDEN_HORDE 1.0
GGConquestReward:: FN_NOVGOROD 0.5
GGConquestReward:: FN_PAPIST 1.0
GGConquestReward:: FN_SWISS 1.0

Nag http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/idea.gif

10-07-2003, 22:21
Isn't there something else though like a region owner table in the main MTW folder?

hellenes
10-07-2003, 23:14
its in the main mtw folder and its classifide like file u can open it with ultra-edit 32 programm at http://www.ultraedit.com
hope that helps keep the good work http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Hamburglar
10-13-2003, 18:35
Just been thinking:

Valencian's color might need some changing. Its an awful neon green which is harsh on the eyes plus just looks really unrealistic. Maybe a less neon color would work or a more earthy tone.

Also, African Warriors: They kind of look more like purple guys than African guys. Maybe just make them use the Nubian spearmen or Absynian guard look?

Hamburglar
10-13-2003, 22:52
I just found a game crashing bug.

Playing as the Almoravids, just had a civil war.

I beat the rebels in every province but then when it asks me what I want to do with them it shows the "Kill em all, kill the Ringleaders, etc message" but it also displays an error message saying something like
'cant find valid culture 16" and it basically crashes the game. Loaded my game a dozen times and it still did it.

Lord Of Storms
10-14-2003, 00:37
Quote[/b] (Turbo @ Oct. 07 2003,12:12)]I wish there was somewhere else other than this very crappy 3ddownloads to get this MOD.
Look in the top left hand corner under welcome and your name
you see control panel, chat, files click on files then MTW then stats and BKB's mod is on top of the list, no queues no fuss no wait... LOS

Shogun 144
10-14-2003, 01:41
Hi BKB I have something to say: When LOS posted that links thread for me and you posted a link to download your mod..... well it led to the front page of a Clan site. Could you post instructions on how to get the place to download your mod in the page? Thanks in advance

10-14-2003, 16:27
Hamburglar, I don't know what the problem is with the bug. I've never encountered that before

I'm not changing the Valencian colour. I've ran out of colours and so it has to stay.

I don't think the African Warriors look purple. They are a dark brown. If I used the NegInf folder, they would lose their unique look. So that's staying too. And don't you think you're being a little bit pedantic now?

Shogun, I think LOS advice should be able to help you. If you can't find it, I'll provide a link. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Hamburglar
10-14-2003, 17:27
Uhh, okay. I didn't know colors were set in stone. Just thought if there was one that wasn't so early 90's fashion it'd go well.

As for the bug, its really only affecting the Almoravid campaign I'm playing and only during civil wars. I loaded up a save and instead of autoresolving a battle with my 1000 guys vs 120 urban militia rebels I fought it out and then the game didn't crash.

Had another civil war the turn after and the game crashed no matter what I did after all the battles. Tried loading up an old save game and I ended up having a different civil war under different circumstances and again the game crashed after I smashed the rebels.

So maybe it might just be a civil war bug? This is my first campaign with your mod that I've had a civil war but in each of my 3 civil wars in this campaign the game crashes when the war is over.

Maybe you could try and duplicate this bug on your end and see if its something up with the mod or I'm just unlucky or something. Just cause a civil war (pretty easy with Turks or Almoravids) and autoresolve the battles and see if it crashes after you choose to execute everybody.

Shogun 144
10-14-2003, 18:45
Thanks for the reply BKB, however where it says welcome and my name all that is under there is: My control panel Log out Newposts. I don't see files in there.

Shogun 144
10-14-2003, 23:07
BKB, never mind I just got promoted to Junior Member. I see it now.

ChaosDrake
10-22-2003, 16:39
i want the end version, when does it finished? hurry up lol
it seems this one is one of the best mods

ChaosDrake
10-25-2003, 05:15
*getting nervous* cant sleep whats up with this great mod? whats up with the blind king?
does anyone know whats up???????

GRMBL ich will es endlich spielen in der vollversion *haben muss* ahhhhhhhhhhh

ShadesPanther
10-25-2003, 11:36
The longer he talks to you the longer it will take to complete the mod. Don't worry he will give an update when he has time http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

ShadesPanther
10-27-2003, 18:05
Adi posts

Because I can't post in "Dungeon" forum i will post a message in this forum.
I have some guestion to The Blind King of Bohemia. I play your mod from 2 weeks and I have some questions about new unit.
Is it correct:
1) Saharan Camel Warriors are very fast like Saharan Cavalry?,
2) Andalusian Cavalry is slowly as Berber Camel?,
3) Nomad Warriors (infantry archers with axes) yearly costs are very high - 60 Fl. for 40 men?,
4) Slav cavalrymen in battle has axes, but in unit_prod they should have spear.
Your mod is great and I like it.

ChaosDrake
10-31-2003, 07:17
hi again
i have discovered a bug. icannot see the sahara from the ocean when i have a ship there.
i see only the port and no faction color.

i hope the final version coming soon tell us please how long we must wait, pls.

Russ Mitchell
12-10-2003, 00:22
Hi everybody... I'm posting this here in order to get a BUMP... Wes and I are having real problems getting a hold of this sucker so that we can work on the eastern and SE Euro stuff, and want to see how BKB did this... unfortunately, he's off-forum at school... I will gladly reimburse somebody for postage if they can send a CD with the mod on it, as there's no way I can get that sucker down my dialup pipe, and Wes is in the same boat.

Please email at russnanna@yahoo.com if you can help.
tnx in advance,

russ

L`zard
12-10-2003, 14:45
Russ;

You have mail......... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Russ Mitchell
12-10-2003, 15:36
Obrigado, buddy. I'll go check the account.

Turbo
12-10-2003, 22:53
BKB,

I have a fix for the "portrait not found error".

The battle flag bug is being caused by an entry issue in the LOC file.

L`zard
12-13-2003, 05:44
Turbo;

Possibly you might expand on the LOC file issue?

Inquiring minds want to know...... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

12-14-2003, 14:59
Thanks Turbo, i'll look into it when i come home in a couple of days. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

WesW
12-17-2003, 08:22
Hi BKB, I hope you're home now. I have looked through your work on the new factions, and I am very impressed and excited. Excited, because I want to add many of those very same factions to the Medmod, and if you would let me incorporate your work with ours, it would save us many, many hours of research and labor.
I did this many times in my previous mods for Call-to-Power I and II, where you had a lot of small mods and scripts that people made to address specific problems or expand an aspect of the game, such as the number of factions to choose from.

These new factions would be the centerpiece of the last version of the mod, version four, and I would like to call it something like:

The Medieval Mod IV v4.0, featuring new factions from the Blind King of Bohemia.

And as this would largely finish up my own work, I would be available to help you out should you want to make use of the knowledge I've acquired over the last year, or use features from the Medmod.

Bevan of Hertfordshire
12-19-2003, 15:36
The Medieval Mod IV v4.0, featuring new factions from the Blind King of Bohemia.

The Ultimate in user mods

Turbo
12-19-2003, 18:57
Quote[/b] (L`zard @ Dec. 12 2003,22:44)]Turbo;

Possibly you might expand on the LOC file issue?

Inquiring minds want to know...... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif
The error with the battle flags is in the Names.Txt. There are some missing entries for some factions and the order sequence for factions is switched around. I was able to change the default flag but haven't figured out the problem in there as it is pretty "messy" in terms of entries.

The portrait bug can be fixed by eliminating the portrait override in the super.txt and adding 50 portraits to the Catholics in the /campmap/portraits directory.

Brian Mc
01-24-2004, 17:34
I have joined this board for one purpose: I so hate 3ddownloads. WOW I hate it. I've tried downloading your mod about 10 times and after waiting 40 minutes my computer tells me 3ddownloads can't be found So yes... I hate 3ddownloads.
There's nowhere else to find your mod eh BKB?

Brian Mc
01-24-2004, 19:14
Okay I got it downloaded, followed the steps (except one) and the thing crashes when I "end turn" I think someone else had the same problem. This is the step I couldn't figure out.

8) Go into 'Campmap/Portraits' and copy 'Vikings' into your 'Campmap/Portraits' folder

Ummm... in your mod file I can't find 'Campmap/Portraits' so I don't know what to copy. Am I missing something?

Ostrogski
01-29-2004, 21:36
Hi,

I play your mod, it has many values, but it is not well balanced. I have decided to do sth about it - mainly I want to make it a little bit more realistic. I have changed "this and that" and now I would like to present it to you.
Files: Unit- build- and projective. As a matter of the last one I have noticed that there is to little affluence
of shield and armour on harming. I have made tests of spearmen: with and without shield Large it was the same. In
fact the difference should be much bigger. As a matter of other files - I have made greater changes in unit- rather
then in build-. I would like to send it to you in order you judge yourself wether these changes make play more attractive.
Beside I have balanced startpos a little bit and I have added new graphics to the symbols of units in battelfield in order to make them more accurate.
If you are interested (or anybody) please send me a massage.

Na ra http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
01-31-2004, 05:32
Quote[/b] ]please send me a massage
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-inquisitive.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/idea.gif ROTFL http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-laugh4.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-laugh4.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-laugh4.gif

How would you do that? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-wink2.gif

BTW, welcome to the ORG http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Highlander X
02-01-2004, 19:53
3d downloads is making me consider homicide http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/angry.gif

can anyone else host this download or something?

damn this mod looks promising, if only i could download it

ShadesPanther
02-01-2004, 20:01
Look up at the top left above the addresses eg

The Guild » Alchemist lab » BKB Super Beta: The Official Thread

and there should be files
look in stats and it is down a good bit

or here http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/MTW/Stats/BKBsupmod_b.zip

Highlander X
02-01-2004, 21:56
THANKS that was damn kind of you for postin the link.

i couldn't find that link where Lord of Storms was talking about earlier of what you mentioned, but no need since you posted the link for me. thanks again http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

BobTheTerrible
02-02-2004, 22:25
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-clown.gif

This might be a stupid question, but I have Medmod installed and I was wondering if downloading and installing your mod would overwrite it. I don't have the hard drive space to do a fresh install. Thanks for any replies.

/ http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-clown.gif

SicilianVespers
02-03-2004, 21:54
BKB, it looks very good

I have a couple of suggestions...

You may want to consider removing the Almoravids, and replacing them with the Zirids based in Tunisia. The Almoravids were succeeded by the Almohads, so you can use the same faction to represent both dynasties.

I wouldn't mind seeing some unique Sicilian units like Sicilian Norman Knights in early, and Sicilian Feudal & chivalric knights later on.

As for Muslim Sicilian units, in my mods I created a Sicilian Saracen Archer unit, based on Ottoman infantry (they wore chain mail). Norman Sicily should not have the whole range of Muslim troops, just the Archers and Horse archers.

I will be making these changes to my copy.

Good work, and thanks

King Azzole
02-05-2004, 00:15
When is the next version being released? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Flamininus
02-07-2004, 11:51
Help I can't invade Ireland. Any one know how to get to Ireland? I've been playing as the Scots and despite having ports and a ships linking from mainland Britain and Europe as well only my agents can get can get into Ireland

thrashaholic
02-07-2004, 12:03
Do they (The Irish) have ships in the way, blocking your ships path to Ireland. If there are ships of another faction in the way you can't invade their lands (the sea is blockaded), sorry if thats not the problem or if I sound patronising in any way.

Hope I've been of assistance,

Thrashaholic

Flamininus
02-07-2004, 14:45
You are correct the Irish do have a ship in the way. I missed that part about blockade, wondered why I coudn't invade any where

Flamininus
02-07-2004, 19:24
Purple African warriors?

They appear dark brown on my screen, no sign of purple there

02-08-2004, 00:06
Super high Beta will, god willing be released in the next two weeks. Just balancing and all that. 50 new units and new factions such as the Teutonic Knights, The Swedes and the Portuguese.

sicilian Vespers, i have made a sicilian-Norman knight and will be in super high and early when its fully finished.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-08-2004, 05:38
Great work, BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to seeing the final version

Julius Caesar
02-08-2004, 05:58
yeah me also

Highlander X
02-08-2004, 19:19
50 new units? damn this is going to be awsome

King_Of_Portugal
02-08-2004, 22:14
Fantastic BKB nice work

Your SuperEarly Mod was very nice and i love play it.

You said the Portuguese are one of several new playable factions, right?
do you creat any special Portuguese unit?

The Portuguese armys in the middle ages were like the other iberic kingdoms - ginetes, javelinmen, Almughavars, Feudal Man-At-Arms, Feudal Knights and so on...
and as far as i know there wasn't any Portuguese special unit during middle ages, except two military orders - The Knights Of Avis (created in 1175) and The Knights Of Christ (created in 1312). These knights were very similar to knights Santiago, Templar, Hospitaller or Teutonic. For example, The Knights Of Avis were created to defend the province of Alentejo and the city of Évora from the Almohads.

good work

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
02-08-2004, 22:31
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif Has been a while that i played it but it is still on my harddisc,because it was very goodLooking forward to your new addition http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-curtain.gif
CZoF

02-08-2004, 23:15
Knights of Aviz and christ are they for the Portugeuse, amongst a few others http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

King_Of_Portugal
02-08-2004, 23:41
All Right good news, BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I don't want to disturb you, but if you need any help with the Portuguese faction - names, Kings, princeses, nobles, heroes, etc, please let me know

good work http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-09-2004, 00:04
Quote[/b] ]and as far as i know there wasn't any Portuguese special unit during middle ages, except two military orders - The Knights Of Avis (created in 1175) and The Knights Of Christ (created in 1312).
Exactly I was a bit numbed the first time I saw some of the new units you created, specially a unit called Portuguese Marine??? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

BTW, some of the Portuguese names are incorrect. Some are Brasilian not Portuguese. If you want, I can send you a correct version of the Names text and another of the Heroes text, refering to the Portuguese.

But, the fact that you've put so many factions playing is fantastic

Again, great work http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif

02-09-2004, 00:12
Yeh the portugeuse marines will be taken out becausei didn't make them very well. Do any of you Portugeuse lads know any good infantry units i could give them?

King_Of_Portugal
02-09-2004, 00:59
Well... like i said before, there are no specific Portuguese units in the middle ages.
However, the Portuguese Kings and feudal lords armys, used infantry units (long sword, heavy shield and armored) - like swabian swordsmen, feudal man-at-arms, feudal foot knights or gallowglasses; if you creat a "Portuguese Swordsmen" or "Portuguese Man-At-Arms" (or both) i think that it will be acceptable.
Another kind of units widely used were Crossbows (not Pavise Crossbows) and Archers, especialy in the 13 and 14 centuries. Some scholars said the Portuguese archers, used in several specific campains against the spanish that keep Portugal independent, were similar to English Longbows, but i don't know if they were so good as them...
By the way...The Knights Of Avis and Christ also existed as foot knights not only cavalry.

I hope this can help and...

Good work
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-09-2004, 03:01
Quote[/b] ]However, the Portuguese Kings and feudal lords armys, used infantry units (long sword, heavy shield and armored) - like swabian swordsmen, feudal man-at-arms, feudal foot knights or gallowglasses; if you creat a "Portuguese Swordsmen" or "Portuguese Man-At-Arms" (or both) i think that it will be acceptable.
No, I don't think there wasn't anything different from normal FMAA and CMAA.

Quote[/b] ]Another kind of units widely used were Crossbows (not Pavise Crossbows) and Archers, especialy in the 13 and 14 centuries. Some scholars said the Portuguese archers, used in several specific campains against the spanish that keep Portugal independent, were similar to English Longbows, but i don't know if they were so good as them...

No. You must be mixing them up with the few English Longbow Mercenaries that were hired during the 1383-1385 Crisis for Independance. They also fought at Aljubarrota. Portuguese used mainly crossbows.

Quote[/b] ]By the way...The Knights Of Avis and Christ also existed as foot knights not only cavalry.
That's true.

Besides the Orders, the only specific unit I can remember was the Almograves:

Quote[/b] ]Almogávar, Almogárave, Almogavre and Almograve (Portuguese language) are words derived from the Arab al-mogauir.

They were warriors that performed Almogavarias or Almogavrias (Portuguese language) all over the Iberian Peninsula during the Reconquista.

What was a Almogavaria or Almogavria?

It was a raid, performed by these men from time to time, against Moorish ocupied lands, to pillage, steal and burn. These raids were performed by the Christians as well as by the Moors (against Christian occupied lands), with the objective to destroy crops, food reserves and inflict economic damage, as well as reap the benefits of looting.

The real definition for Almograve (Portuguese language) is FRONTIER MEN.

Except for the professional troops of the King, of the noblemen and the knights of the religious orders, these men were the most professional and capable of the soldiers available to the Portuguese.

Another interesting note:

-Most of them were mounted men.

Regarding equipment, all that was possible to get was part of their gear (spears, swords, axes, shields, daggers, knifes, bows, chain mail, helms, etc...).

To MOD them maybe a kind of early less-armoured Gendarmes is the most similar. Although they are like heavier Jinetes. Available in Early and High.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-09-2004, 13:48
I just remembered something else. In the Portuguese-Castillian War of 1383-1385 (Crisis for Independance) caused by the death of heirless D. Fernando I, the Portuguese Knights always fought dismounted due to the vast superior enemy forces. They were like CFK, but used pikes instead of poleaxes. The closest thing you can have to them, in the game, is SAP. You could call them Portuguese Foot Knights or Portuguese Dismounted Knights. Only available in Late.

Hope these 2 tips help... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

02-09-2004, 14:06
Thanks for the info boys that really helps, the georgians and bulgars will be there in super high and although its difficult, you can survive and do quite well with the georgians.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-09-2004, 14:44
Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the info boys that really helps, the georgians and bulgars will be there in super high and although its difficult, you can survive and do quite well with the georgians.
Hope that happens to the Portuguese too http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-grin.gif

02-09-2004, 14:59
I won't lie being the Portugeuse is hard especially in late but having an alliance with the almos helps and gang up on Spain because as soon as a few turns pass they hit you http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-09-2004, 16:08
Quote[/b] ]I won't lie being the Portugeuse is hard especially in late but having an alliance with the almos helps and gang up on Spain because as soon as a few turns pass they hit you
Don't worry, the 1st Constable of Portugal - D. Nuno Álvares Pereira was able to crush the Castillian Army (30000 men) in a defensive battle with only 6500 men (Battle of Aljubarrota 1385). If you give a Portuguese General 9 stars and specialist defender virtue, he will be close to what our Constable was. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-wink.gif

Let's hope we can be up to the task... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-anxious.gif

SicilianVespers
02-09-2004, 20:22
Excellent, I noticed they are Foot Knights, will you be changing this to Mounted, with dismount capability?

I have another suggestion for you:

You may want to consider consolidating Novgorod and the Kievans into the Rus. Since you have the Cumans as a faction, they should occupy southern Russia from Moldavia & Wallachia to Khazar. The province of Kiev is really in the wrong place, as it cuts the Cuman territories in half.

You could use the extra slot for another exotic faction.

What bodyguard units do the Rus factions have in BKB mod? I just recieved my latest copy of Military History, and there is a good article about Alexander Nevsky. It says the Druzina (sp?) were the Prince's bodyguard units.

Leoghan Ban
02-11-2004, 04:18
BKB, I can't wait to see the finished product I have loved the version so far, but seeing it finished would be great.

King Azzole
02-11-2004, 06:13
Is there going to be a finished better balanced form of the Super early anytime soon? I highly enjoyed that the most... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-toff.gif

Russ Mitchell
02-11-2004, 16:48
The Dynasty of Chernigov was a set of real movers and shakers until the mid-thirteenth century when teh Tatars squashed them... pro-Moscow chroniclers give them short shrift, but they could also go in there...

Still trying to get through the downloads... is there a second source?

SicilianVespers
02-11-2004, 17:54
I suggested a generic Rus faction, so it can be used as any of the Russian Principalities, with the Cumans as the power in southern Russia.

The article mentioned Suzdal alot. It seems it was Aleksandr's base in the early 1200's.

The Rus (Novgorod) should be a pretty interesting faction to play. Mongols to the east, Cumans to the south, Germans & Teutonic Knights to the west.

02-11-2004, 18:34
I wanted Novgorod to have Viking influences while the Kievans/Russians would have more Slavic influences. I'm not looking to consolidate these factions for any release.

A question: Would people prefer me to revert the Sicilians back to their original Sicilian names rather than the Scottish ones they've recieved in the VI? I know it would ruin the famous kings and heroes, but there aren't many and it would be more accurate.

All the knightly orders are in bar the Knights of Christ at the minute. The Teutonic Knights, Templars, San Diego and Sword Brethren all have foot knights also. The ones added are:

Knights of Calatrava
Knights of St Lazarus
Sword Brethren
Knights of St James
Knights of Aviz
Knights of St Thomas of Acre

And as far as I'm aware they all have correct shield designs without looking similar to the others. Plus the Wallachians/Hungarians have the Order of the Dragon. I might make dismounts for them also.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-11-2004, 19:35
Quote[/b] ]All the knightly orders are in bar the Knights of Christ at the minute. The Teutonic Knights, Templars, San Diego and Sword Brethren all have foot knights also. The ones added are:

Knights of Calatrava
Knights of St Lazarus
Sword Brethren
Knights of St James
Knights of Aviz
Knights of St Thomas of Acre

And as far as I'm aware they all have correct shield designs without looking similar to the others. Plus the Wallachians/Hungarians have the Order of the Dragon. I might make dismounts for them also.
Beautifull http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-grin2.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-thumbsup.gif

SicilianVespers
02-11-2004, 21:22
Please use the real Sicilian names. King Adam really irritates me http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

How will you be handling Frederick/Federico II ? are you going to give him to the Sicilians or Germans?

Isn't the Scottish names problem a typo in the Sicilian Forenames section of the Heroes files? I think it is set to 14 and it really should be 4 (or vice versa)

Russ Mitchell
02-11-2004, 23:48
Agreed with Vespers... beter the more correct names...
Nice take on the Russians.

Jeff
02-13-2004, 05:39
Has anyone had trouble getting this to run? I downloaded it today and followed all the instructions. I made the viking and pagan2 folders and put them in the proper place. Anyone else follow the intstructions and have it not work? If so please let know what you did to get it to work. I am dying to play this one.

Earl of Sandwich
02-14-2004, 20:59
Hey BKB, I was just wondering. Do you have any plans for a 1453, post medieval era game? Because that would be a great addition. Your Super Early mod was really good, and I'm sure your other two will also kick ass. Anyways, if such a mod is under any consideration, I hope it includes such units as musketeers(presumably built with a master gunsmith), German landsknechtes(both the pikemen and the swordsmen), and, well, I'm sure you would know a lot more than I would.

02-15-2004, 00:00
I have toyed with the idea certainly. A while ago I drew up a list of factions that would be in such a Renaissance mod. The concept got shunned but when I finish the Super Mod it would certainly be something worth considering.

Oh and Landsknecht Pikemen will be in Super Late. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Nomad
02-15-2004, 11:40
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif The Renaissance mod is a KIck ass idea....,
The Game is almost there already, with Hvy Pike and Muskets etc. It would a good opportunity to show those Cossacks guys (respect to the artwork and animation, but..) How masses of Pike and Musket should behave on a battlefield. Not marching back and forth franticly having been thoroughly confused trying to go round a hill. Whilst failing to respond to the artillery that is annihilating them. Maybe that was a rant for the cossacks forum...however.
I'm Surprised there were few takers when you raised the idea before, given Cossacks and AC's success. It would open the door to hundred of Mods and Maybe I'd get to play the Battle of Pavia.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif
Nomad

02-16-2004, 20:54
Pavia would be interesting, as would fornovo and biccoca. After the release of the super mod fully, the renaissance period is probably the period i'll mess around with and hopefully release something playable.

Nomad
02-17-2004, 12:17
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif Maybe,
I'll have gleaned enuff modding info/skills by then to give you a hand. Although animation is still new to me, I have got a copy of 3Dsmax which I'm going to be playing with. But mainly I'm re-scripting and renaming. Working on Hybriding several mods currently. Shamelessly stealing units and factions left, right and centre. Look forward to your future mods. BKB got me back into MTW and made me realise how customisable MTW was.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif
Nomad

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-19-2004, 23:22
Hey, BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

I've noticed some bugs in Super Early, the Armenians and Croats are switched in the Heirs, Spies and Assassins definitions. I'll explain. I've came across the message:

"Your bodyguards have caught and killed an enemy assassin. It seems he was working for the Armenians."

Or:

"Your bodyguards have caught and killed an enemy spy. It seems he was working for the Armenians."

And:

"The Croatian King has died from an illness. His heir has taken command of the Armenians."

The problem is: The Armenians were eliminated 20 years ago

I believe it happens for all new factions.

The Pre-Battle Shields of the new factions use the existing ones of original game (The Welsh use the Papacy shield in the pre-battle screen).

Also, the Moorish Infantry, Andalusian Cavalry and Finnish Tribsmen don't show dead bodies in battles.

I believe it happens for all new units.

Have you noticed this?

Nomad
02-20-2004, 16:10
Hale Blind King,
Although your unfortunate affliction will render my efforts in Vain, I have been, tweaking your Bifs.
Probably re-done about 15 so far with Bifreader22b. I haven't uploaded anything to the Org yet but if your OK with this(i.e the Cheeeek of it)and want them/want them distributed once you've checked them i'll be happy to oblige.

Nomad

p.s Also did some work on Build prod files and startpos files to get a bit more balance and faction development by increasing revenues on a couple of things and decreased a few build times. Plus added another twenty odd units from Med Mod and some of my own eg Order Mounted Sergeants, Compagnies d Ordanannce, Streltsy etc and then I think I ran out of room in UnitProdfiles. Counted 259 units maybe I miscounted thought the max was 256
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-juggle.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-20-2004, 23:12
I've also noticed something really strange: an Almoravid Princess http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-stunned.gif

I've opened EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 and the definition of Princess does not include Muslim factions

How weird is that??? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Norseman
02-21-2004, 00:29
Quote[/b] ]
I've also noticed something really strange: an Almoravid Princess

I've opened EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 and the definition of Princess does not include Muslim factions

How weird is that???

Same thing occurs in MedMod. WesW has said that he has no idea what he changed to make muslim princesses appear...
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-21-2004, 00:59
Quote[/b] ]Same thing occurs in MedMod. WesW has said that he has no idea what he changed to make muslim princesses appear...
Funny I thought that he had enabled them http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-laugh4.gif

Norseman
02-21-2004, 01:06
Quote[/b] ]
Funny I thought that he had enabled them

I looked at his file, princesses are Catholic and Orthodox only... I have absolutely no explanation for this.

NagatsukaShumi
02-21-2004, 01:16
He most likely added FN_TURKISH, FN_EGYPTIAN, FN_ALMOHAD to the factions part of it rather than changing the religion part.

Norseman
02-21-2004, 01:28
Quote[/b] ]
He most likely added FN_TURKISH, FN_EGYPTIAN, FN_ALMOHAD to the factions part of it rather than changing the religion part.

No, he didn't do that either. Besides, the religion tags overrides any faction tags, at least so for any normal units.

Here follows a direct copy of the princess entry in the latest MedMod unit_prod.txt:

Princess PRINCESS 0 0 0 0 80 1 1 DISCOURAGED "POVERTY_STRICKEN(35), DESPERATE_DEFENCE(1), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST(8), CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST(8), CATHOLIC_TRADER(10), CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER(10), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER(8), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER(8), POPE(5), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE(8), CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST(5), ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE(8), ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST(8), ORTHODOX_STAGNANT(10), MUSLIM_PEACEFUL(10), MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST(8), MUSLIM_DEVOUT(8), BARBARIAN_RAIDER(4), REBELS(10), CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT(0)" ALL_PERIODS NO NO "own_princess_tooltip1, own_princess_tooltip2, other_princess_tooltip1, other_princess_tooltip2" "CATHOLIC,ORTHODOX"

Aymar de Bois Mauri
02-21-2004, 01:47
Another quirck from Super Early:

The Almoravids are switched with the Golden Horde. It is 1139, i'm playing with the Navarrese and at war with the Almoravids. The following occurs:

"The Almoravid Khalifa has died from an illness. His heir has taken command of the Golden Horde."

In 1139 http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-laugh4.gif

Leoghan Ban
02-24-2004, 03:47
I hate to nag, but do we have an ETA on the finished product?

02-24-2004, 14:19
I'm aiming in the next two weeks, i'm just trying something out at the minute for the mod with bif folders and such but its high is all but finished.

Leoghan Ban
02-24-2004, 21:37
Sound great, thanks BKB. You do amazing work.

Highlander X
02-24-2004, 21:47
good job, cant wait BKB

an pics of some exclusive units? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

neogerry
02-24-2004, 21:58
Great job BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Jeff
02-25-2004, 18:10
BKB will the finished product have an installer? I ask because for some reason I can't get the beta to work for me. I am dying to play your mod so let us know please thanks.

02-25-2004, 19:01
The finished product probably won't have an installer, sorry about that.
I'll be putting some pictures of the high map and some units on my site later this evening. There is a link to my site on the front page of the org http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

02-29-2004, 18:17
I have updated my site with new unit pics, there will be more stuff added later. The link:

http://lukeandkyle_medieval.tripod.com/bkbsupermedieval/id1.html

Harald Hairfair
03-03-2004, 12:21
The super early addon was great I really like it and play it all the time.. looking forward for the high and late to.

But I was wondering.. Norway.. Everybody thinks "oh no the piss country next to sweden... not even worth to take control over No income and no start buildings" I'm not here to dissagre that norway may not be the best province for some money... but in fact Norway was emerging to be a powerfull nation... and at the end of the 1100 century we actually had a CathedraL, over 350 stave churches, some castles. So then i begg you nicely to not underestimate Norway as totalwar did http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

We Norwegians would be very gratefull if we had at least castle5(Akershus Festning was big), church, cathedral, shibbuilder, port and a royal palace.. it's up to you but I'm only suggesting some buildings to make it more realistic http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-yes.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-yes.gif

Thanx...

Russ Mitchell
03-03-2004, 15:36
Looking good, BKB...

Harald is right of course... but considering the map and historiography that CA started with... BKB's work, especially with the potential for regional mods, adds a tremendous amount of future potential...

03-03-2004, 18:25
Quote[/b] ]We Norwegians would be very gratefull if we had at least castle5(Akershus Festning was big), church, cathedral, shibbuilder, port and a royal palace.. it's up to you but I'm only suggesting some buildings to make it more realistic

I can do that, no problem. All suggestions are open to consideration. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-juggle.gif

Highlander X
03-03-2004, 21:18
i'm lookin forward to this baby http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-builder.gif

Harald Hairfair
03-03-2004, 21:40
Great Let's hope it won't be to long for the next release now http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-gossip.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

03-03-2004, 21:45
I should break it to you now in case you don't already know - Norway aren't in High or Late. I felt other factions were more critical to those periods. Also, its a nightmare having Denmark, Norway and Sweden. I tried it before and something gives straight away, and its normally Norway. Don't take it to heart - I ran out of faction space. I'm sorry http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

Harald Hairfair
03-04-2004, 16:06
Siter[/b] (The Blind King of Bohemia @ Mar. 03 2004,14:45)]I should break it to you now in case you don't already know - Norway aren't in High or Late. I felt other factions were more critical to those periods. Also, its a nightmare having Denmark, Norway and Sweden. I tried it before and something gives straight away, and its normally Norway. Don't take it to heart - I ran out of faction space. I'm sorry http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif
Hehe :D I saw itt on your page for the mod.. on the screenshots... :D Anyways Norway was still just a small little kingdom to the north... nothing compared to others... but is there any way you can add more factions? Because it would be great if all nations who actually was nations at that time could be there... Would be wars at all fronts MOAHAHAH http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

03-04-2004, 20:04
I think you can add ten factions to each period max. I've tried to get round the issue by removing some old ones from certain periods (like the useless Sicilians from late). Believe me if there was enough space I would make every power of the time a faction. That truly would be a Super Mod.

crazyviking03
03-04-2004, 20:12
I just wanted to say that this is by far my favorite mod. All the new factions and units, easy to install, and ads a fresh perspective to MTW. Awsome work, I cant wait for the next 2 periods http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

03-05-2004, 16:21
Thanks dude. Thanks for everyone's support - its truly appreciated. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

tical76
03-05-2004, 19:25
I really enjoy your mod, keep up the good work. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif

Jeff
03-05-2004, 22:55
BKB I finally got the mod working today between work shifts. It's awesome, thanks for the hard work. I can't wait for the later releases.

*edit* Hey I'm just curious, for those that have been playing BKBs Super Early, anyone playing with King Cid and if so how are his heirs rated?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
03-06-2004, 04:15
BTW, BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

I have to ad a little correction:

Quote[/b] ]Spanish EL CID, also called EL CAMPEADOR ("the Champion"), byname of RODRIGO, or RUY, DÍAZ DE VIVAR (b. c. 1043, Vivar, near Burgos, Castile [Spain]--d. July 10, 1099, Valencia), Castilian military leader and national hero. His popular name, El Cid (from Spanish Arabic as-sid, "lord"), dates from his lifetime.

I think you should change his name as no King is called:

King The Lord I http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-inquisitive.gif

You can read more here:

El Cid (http://lilt.ilstu.edu/bekurtz/elcid.htm)

Jeff
03-06-2004, 05:15
Thanks for the Link Aymar that was good stuff. Curiously I wonder why he chose Valencia instead of a different area. One maybe that had a little more protection or at least offered a bit of longevity to his dream. Well I am leaving working now so I will finally get to play a good campaign. I think I'll start with El Cid. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

The Sword of Cao Cao
03-06-2004, 05:23
say could anyone post a pic of those Gobi Camels and other new Mongol units? I cant get the mod ta work due to the fact that I cant get VI to work.... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/handball.gif

03-06-2004, 14:03
I don't believe the Mongol units were in Early. Look for them it the High release soon. I'm really working hard on getting it released ASAP.

03-07-2004, 01:11
Aymar, would King Rodrigo be alright?

Aymar de Bois Mauri
03-07-2004, 01:21
Quote[/b] ]Aymar, would King Rodrigo be alright?
For me, just fine http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-thumbsup.gif

BTW, have you been recieving my PM's? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

03-07-2004, 01:30
Sorry Aymar uni life has kept me busy, sinclair670@hotmail.com and you can send me the flags when ever your ready. Thanks http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Gen_Lee
03-07-2004, 12:21
Just yesterday I decided to install the super early version.
It's just great, can't wait for the 1 with the Portuguese http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
03-07-2004, 17:19
Quote[/b] ]Sorry Aymar uni life has kept me busy, sinclair670@hotmail.com and you can send me the flags when ever your ready. Thanks
No problem. Good to know you've recieved them. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-yes.gif

As for the flags, shields, etc... ...I'll try to send a complete pack of those in dire need of it (Kievans, Croatians and Scots). Then the others (minor alterations most) will follow. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Aymar de Bois Mauri
03-07-2004, 17:21
Quote[/b] ]Just yesterday I decided to install the super early version.
It's just great, can't wait for the 1 with the Portuguese
Me too, since I'm Portuguese too. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

They will be available in High and Late.

Gen_Lee
03-08-2004, 16:56
Until then, Im doing a Scot campaign, and loving the new units, I'm having a blast with the combats, altough 1 pbl I noticed, is 2 damn hard to stat with only 1 province and 4ooo gold, lol.

03-09-2004, 20:48
Gen lee, i advise for the small factions such as wales, scotland, Armenia, etc to seize the situation and make rapid attacks against your enemies, especially England who you can easily tear apart.

For the high release i try to give the small factions a bit more cash so they broke as many of them do in super early

Aymar de Bois Mauri
03-09-2004, 23:00
Quote[/b] ]Gen lee, i advise for the small factions such as wales, scotland, Armenia, etc to seize the situation and make rapid attacks against your enemies, especially England who you can easily tear apart.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-stunned.gif An Englishman inciting the defeat of his own country?? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Weird http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-surprised.gif

Joke... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-jester.gif

King Azzole
03-10-2004, 10:24
Ahhhh I cant wait any longer http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-help.gif

Release release release

Oh and a question. Are you and/or when will you redo the super early to work its bugs out? Keep up the superb work http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif

Nomad
03-10-2004, 11:06
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif
Loved the expansion Blind King. Will the New Super High have the New Korean/Chinese Mongol Units that you mention on your webpage and will there be any other of The Mongols little helpers e.g Ilkanid's, Bessermini Archers, Chagatai Mongols or a few Kipchacks in the western steppe provinces perhaps, maybe Chinese Crossbowmen. I Can provide Jpegs or even make some Bifs/LBM,s for all these and have hundreds of others Jpegs for Medieval Unit Icons from all periods and Nations, including several far eastern armies e.g the Hind (Indian Hindu), Indian Moslem and Yaun Chinese (if any one fancies doing a far east Medieval mod)
Nomad

03-10-2004, 15:39
Yes Nomad the Mongol units will be there and i like those unit ideas and will probaly end up using them.

I like the idea of a far east mod http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Nomad
03-12-2004, 11:15
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif
Late reply, but be my guest. I've got some good sources for unit info. Lots on the Ayyubid Eygptians e.g Al-Halqa Al-Kassa (imperial Bodyguard), Hijazi Bedouines (camelry), Royal Mamluk Askars, Kurdish Auxillia, Fityan and/or Ayyuran (and/or Addath) Civic Veteran Militia, Daylami guards etc etc (+jpegs for BIFs)Been using some of these and others All which would fit in to your super late mod. Can send you as much or little info as needed. As far as the FarEAst MOd goes interesting idea isn't it. Hmmmmm....
Nomad,

wilpuri
03-12-2004, 11:19
I loved the mod, BUT it was a bit annoying to play, since the game kept crashing to desktop constantly. For example;
I was playing as the people of Novgorod, and everytime I invaded lithuania, the game crashed. The people of Novgorod was also one the only factions I could choose without the game crashing. I tried to choose the norse, the croats and the poles, but never got to the campaign map. Instead I found myself looking at my desktop.
Have others had similar problems, or did I screw up the installation?

Nomad
03-12-2004, 13:13
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif Think you might have,
Screwed up the installation. I'm 50 years into an English campaign and apart from the known probs with the texts, Portraits and Pre Battle shields,its going fine. I've even managed to expand the mod to include another 30 units and and various other changes. So it seems fairly stable to me. Although some of my new unit elite cavalry units are appearing as Royal bodygaurds for inappropriate factions. If anyone can help me with that I'd sure appreciate it. Think its probably a script error in unitprod thats sneaked in there somehow and has remained hidden apart from disrupting the AI's reading of the Unit prod. Serves me right for bare back editing (not using Gnome editor)
But Wilpuri think you might have to start again. Sorry Dude. The text is incredibly sensitive and the smallest error will stop the game launching or cause a CTD.
Nomad.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-builder.gif

Lord Of Storms
03-15-2004, 02:30
Moved to the new mod development forum currently called Edit3 you may follow this topic there. thanks...LOS

Hetman
03-16-2004, 09:57
Quote[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ Mar. 14 2004,19:30)]
I know the Teutonic Order State will be implemented in the SuperHigh so maybe You'll find it interesting.

Info. concerning the Teutonic Knights

After they were invited to Poland and granted some territory to start with they conquered the whole Prussia, but it proved to be just the beginning.
After supressing several pagan rebellions they made their greatest mistake - started to attack christian, even catholic neighbours -Poland

In 1308 the Pomeranians were polish vassals and christian.
They were attacked by Branderburgians who were trying to conquer the quite rich trade center of Gdansk. It wasn't possible to repel the invaders so a representative of the Polish Duke called the Teutons for help. They helped, but captured Gdansk for themselves and after that killed all ( mostly christian)citizens
From that time Gdansk could be called Danzig, because most new citizens were German, and from that time the Teutonic Order started war against catholic neighbours.
there were several wars and finally after the rebellion of several cities ( Danzig incl.) Poland was able to take back this territory in 1466, also the Order proved to be the unifying factor for Poland and Lithuania and peaceful christianization of this state - by this they were working towards its own doom.

I Think You found it interesting at least a little.

Hetman/Cegorach http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

King Azzole
03-16-2004, 14:43
Sounds like a bunch of real Azzoles http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-clown.gif

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
03-16-2004, 21:22
Hetman/Cegorach

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif You're the most fanatic Polish defender i've ever seen M8 http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

CZoF http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-curtain.gif

Hetman
03-17-2004, 10:43
Quote[/b] (Count Zimoa of Flanders @ Mar. 16 2004,14:22)]Hetman/Cegorach

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif You're the most fanatic Polish defender i've ever seen M8 http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

CZoF http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-curtain.gif
Thanks LoF

Cegorach/Hetman http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

The Sword of Cao Cao
03-18-2004, 02:59
Quote[/b] (Nomad @ Mar. 10 2004,04:06)]http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif
Loved the expansion Blind King. Will the New Super High have the New Korean/Chinese Mongol Units that you mention on your webpage and will there be any other of The Mongols little helpers e.g Ilkanid's, Bessermini Archers, Chagatai Mongols or a few Kipchacks in the western steppe provinces perhaps, maybe Chinese Crossbowmen. I Can provide Jpegs or even make some Bifs/LBM,s for all these and have hundreds of others Jpegs for Medieval Unit Icons from all periods and Nations, including several far eastern armies e.g the Hind (Indian Hindu), Indian Moslem and Yaun Chinese (if any one fancies doing a far east Medieval mod)
Nomad
may I please see the graphics for the Y

The Sword of Cao Cao
03-18-2004, 02:59
Quote[/b] (Nomad @ Mar. 10 2004,04:06)]http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif
Nomad
may I please see the graphics for the Yuan Chinese armies you mentioned good sir?

Highlander X
03-20-2004, 14:26
still waitng for this baby to come out http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-blush.gif

03-20-2004, 15:54
An update:

I've almost finished updating all the shields and flags. When released it will correct those that were wrong in early, such as Valencia, Armenia and Navarre. I'm also considering updating the Super Early mod, with some alterations made reflecting the feedback posted here. Please bear in mind though this wouldn't be the final release - just a little update.

And what would people prefer for the Super High download - a full one or a smaller one based on people already having Super Early? (for example, the latter would not need to have the portraits, which take up a huge part of the download)

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
03-20-2004, 15:58
The smaller,as an addition to Super Early maybe Tosa Inu can host them both so people can download Super Early as a main file and the rest as updates.

CZoF http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Gen_Lee
03-21-2004, 02:25
If possible both - the smaller as an update and the full 1 for those who diddnt tried it yet http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Julius Caesar
03-21-2004, 06:18
Dude i have a CTD whenever i press the end year button. Any Ideas?
BKB, any idea when you are going to release Super High?

03-21-2004, 12:41
Could be a variety of things. My advice is to double check the installation because it seems like you've missed out something.

Super High is looking good at the minute and I'd say Easter at the latest. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

03-21-2004, 21:40
I'm actually doing a lot more tinkering to Early than I thought I originally would. I'm balancing the game more and fixing many of the text problems. Should be like a separate game

But I emphasise once more, its NOT the final version. Please bear in mind there will still be some errors

Julius Caesar
03-22-2004, 01:50
Ok, this error message appears when i press end year. This causes the CTD.

No portrait found for this overriden type

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-help.gif

Nomad
03-22-2004, 10:57
Sorry Sword of Cao Cao,
Been out of town and doubt you'll pick up this reply. But you wanted a look at the Yaun chinese unit Icons I've got. There mostly plundered images from fanaticus etc. I can email them to you, which I may just do anyway. Also have some Sung Chinese images plus other Mongol stuff and Hundreds of other potential factions.
Nomad. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Steppe Merc
03-22-2004, 22:28
I just dowloaded your mod, and it looks awesome. I haven't statrted playing yet, and I wanted to check out the unit files with Gnome, but it stopped me with an error. WHy is this?

Steppe Merc
03-23-2004, 02:43
Now I can change it by hand, but still no gnome it says: The unit prod 11 is incorrectly formatted. More than 40,000 characters in a single record (probably caused by forcing a unit prod 11 to load as a projectile stats file or an out of place somewhere.) The program has stopped loading at record 78 field zero.
Despite this, I love your mod. It's quite hard to stay alive as the English, with enemies on all side. Infact, I was tryign to get to Gnome to give them a boost. But brillant job, can't wait for updates.
Any help to use Gnome would be appreciated.

Sun Tzui
03-24-2004, 19:04
*reads topic* http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-book2.gif

*gets disapointed because no final version yet* http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

Any word on a possible release date??

Steppe Merc
03-24-2004, 22:48
Um, don't worry about my problem above. Thanks to Sicilian Vespers. I love the mod, and pray for a quick release of the next version.

King Azzole
03-27-2004, 02:32
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE OR ILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND AZZ RAPE YOU AHHHHHHHHH http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-wall.gif

King_Of_Portugal
03-27-2004, 14:28
Quote[/b] (King Azzole @ Mar. 26 2004,19:32)]I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE OR ILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND AZZ RAPE YOU AHHHHHHHHH http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-wall.gif
Be cool King Azzole, i'm ansious as well but let BKB finish his work. I'm sure it will be great

03-27-2004, 21:17
Quote[/b] ] CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE OR ILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND AZZ RAPE YOU AHHHHHHHHH

Well if that's the case I'll take as long as possible then http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-jester.gif

Super High is coming along nicely (see Easter) but I might have a surprise over the next couple of days - hopefully it will tide you over to that release. I'll say no more on the subject http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-curtain.gif

King Azzole
03-28-2004, 15:05
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-yes.gif Me likes suprises http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-yes.gif

03-28-2004, 21:56
All's going well - the surprise should be up by tomorrow evening - which will be the afternoon for you Americans

crazyviking03
03-29-2004, 00:23
Get it in my belly http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/eek.gif

Julius Caesar
03-29-2004, 05:55
Yes a surprise...

Gen_Lee
03-29-2004, 14:29
So, it will be today?

03-29-2004, 14:37
I'm pretty sure it will be today http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Steppe Merc
03-29-2004, 21:23
Oh Yay Where, where? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

Julius Caesar
03-30-2004, 01:43
hurry

Sun Tzui
03-30-2004, 10:42
Quote[/b] ]Posted on Mar. 29 2004,07:37
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm pretty sure it will be today

today has passed... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-jester.gif weres's the mod at?? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Nomad
03-30-2004, 12:09
Here I sit,
all broken hearted
came to download
But sadly parted.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif
The Nomad.

p.s Bring on the plunder. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-clown.gif

03-30-2004, 13:34
Definetly today boys my word on it http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

03-30-2004, 15:35
It's done. Now I need some help. I don't know how to upload downloads and I need some help. If anyone knows how and can do it for me, then I can ICQ it to you and you can go from there.

Words of warning though:

1) You NEED the original release

2) It's NOT Super High.

BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

crazyviking03
03-30-2004, 16:07
Get in my belly

A_B
03-30-2004, 19:34
Quote[/b] (The Blind King of Bohemia @ Mar. 30 2004,08:35)]It's done. Now I need some help. I don't know how to upload downloads and I need some help. If anyone knows how and can do it for me, then I can ICQ it to you and you can go from there.

Words of warning though:

1) You NEED the original release

2) It's NOT Super High.

BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif
BKB

You can ICQ it to me, and i will upload it. Hopefully, the ICQ will be easier than last time, when we were transfering 30 files or so.

AB

03-30-2004, 19:37
Cheers A B. Its a lot smaller (7.5 Mb compressed). What's your ICQ number? (You can PM me if you like)

Steppe Merc
03-30-2004, 21:06
Oh Oh Where is where is it? What is it, what is it? When today, when today?

03-30-2004, 21:53
Hopefully it will be up soon, Tosa is looking in to it http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Nomad
03-30-2004, 22:56
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Go on, give us a clue. 7.5 megs...??? hmmmmm, Is it the tweaks for super early ? Maybe or could it be a superhigh preview kinda thing. Am I getting close yet

Dyonisius
03-30-2004, 23:37
Hi, I am playing your mod as the almughavars and find it a very nice mod, was hope playing as the Portugees ( as I am Portugees) but was not able to.

I am hoping you did some fixes for the super early mod, like unit pics, shields, balance etc.

Where is it?

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-balloon.gif

Julius Caesar
03-31-2004, 00:34
I wonder where it is.....

Leoghan Ban
03-31-2004, 01:30
Ok did I miss it? Where is it? What is it?

Oh and thanks :)

A_B
03-31-2004, 02:00
BKB - the mod is hanging up on the first turn, when i hit continue. As soon as i hit a key, i get a CTD.

Any Ideas?

Also, which factions do you recommend? Can you win as the armenians?

AB

03-31-2004, 08:14
Quote[/b] ]BKB - the mod is hanging up on the first turn, when i hit continue. As soon as i hit a key, i get a CTD.

Have you got the first super early installed? If that's not the problem, it could still be a variety of things. Might be the portraits - for now I can only suggest you thoroughly review the installation process.

03-31-2004, 08:21
Another thing I advise is to wait till the mod is combined into one big 7.5Mb download. I'm sure Tosa will do it later.

I suppose I sould spill the beans. It's a Super Early Version 0.5 Update - a patch so to speak. But it makes significant amendments and makes for a completely different and better game. It's not finished, but it's a big step up. Here's just some of its features:

• The Sicilians have correct Sicilian names.
• The Kievan Princess portrait bug is fixed.
• Peasants now require a Muster Field in order to be trained.
• Many factions have been strengthened, both financially and militarily.
• Building requirements have been adjusted for some units.
• Units have been improved and adjusted.
• 5 NEW units have been added - Croatian Light Cavalry, Muslim Fanatics, Estonian Infantry, Nubian Javelinmen and Neapolitian Infantry.
• Flags and shields have been corrected and updated.
• Many of the text bugs have been fixed, and the unit descriptions grammatical errors have been corrected.

I hope you enjoy this guys - just an appetizer for Super High

TosaInu
03-31-2004, 08:31
Hello,

The 3D site has a changed script, it should be easier to get files from there. Please give it a try there so we can provide some feedback to the host.

http://www.3ddownloads.com/strateg....rt=date (http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/Stats/?sort=date)

Thanks.

Nomad
03-31-2004, 08:46
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif
ETA 21 minutes.
Nomad

Nomad
03-31-2004, 10:41
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif
Just perusing the files and its Looking good. Some nice new Units, shields etc and some glimpses of Superhigh in the Descriptions file, very tantalizing. Many thanks for all the hard work BKoB. Going of to begin installing http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif . Cheers,
Nomad.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

03-31-2004, 15:55
If people have downloaded it, please tell me if you have any problems like A_B or just general opinions.

BKB

SpetzNatz
03-31-2004, 16:07
Oh my God. Can I find this file somewhere else? My estimated waiting time is 48 minutes. Btw, thanks for your mod, BKB. I'm looking forwards to other mods and files made by you. Are you Czech? If yes, may I know your e-mail address? I have some ideas and I can describe them far better in my born language. If you want to keep your address private just there is mine: v.pelcak@seznam.cz.

03-31-2004, 16:09
No sorry I'm English Hope you enjoy the mod though, and at the moment there is no other way to download it. I hate those 3D Downloads queues as well. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-furious3.gif

SpetzNatz
03-31-2004, 16:23
You don't have to be sorry. I've guessed because of your nick. However, I can explain myself quite good. But I should ask you for patience. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

SpetzNatz
03-31-2004, 16:27
Btw, only 22 mins. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-wall.gif

Jeff
03-31-2004, 16:58
43 minutes to go Thanks BK. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

SpetzNatz
03-31-2004, 17:15
I would suggest to change Bohemian colour. I know that it could be chaotic, but when you use 192-210 0 0, which is dark, it shouldn't confuse and it would look better.

SpetzNatz
03-31-2004, 17:17
BKB, have a look at it. Myght be interesting. http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/history_europe.html http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-book2.gif

TosaInu
03-31-2004, 17:51
Hello,

I guess that the extra bandwidth isn't available yet, step by step :)

Apart from the queue annoyance, does it work? I ask as there were people who could not get files from 3D at all in the past.

Files under 100 kb are now also instantly available, please give it a try. I'm particulary interested in the people who couldn't get anything there in the past. Report here or in the Watchtower. It's pretty important to get 3D sorted as the files for RTW may become much bigger. The mirror can't home them all.

The BKB mod is now also here: http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/Mstats.shtml

SpetzNatz
03-31-2004, 17:59
Aye. Thanks. When it was added? It isn't long time when I've checked this link. Hopelessly, I'm not blind. Nothing against you BKB http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

TosaInu
03-31-2004, 18:05
Uploading while I was writing, nothing wrong with your eyes SpetzNatz.

03-31-2004, 21:34
I can only hope that you guys really enjoying playing it is the reason for the lack of feedback http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-dizzy2.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Ellesthyan
03-31-2004, 21:48
BKB, it's very good indeed I've played a little campaign with the Armenians, and it was sweet. They actually stand a chance now :) Except for El Cid no other faction has been eliminated so far (1141) http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif
Strange thing tho is that there was a Norse faction but no Swedish one, and a Croatian faction but no Serbian one... Swedish/Serbian were much more powerful (Norway was part of Denmark, Croatia part of Hungary) than the ones in the game.

Also played a custom battle with the Armenians (me), the Croatians, El Cid, and the Bohemians against the French, the Polish, the Byzantine and the Egyptians. Was quite fun, although I observed that the Croatian light cavalry did some absurd things (defeating a 40 man feudal knights unit uphill??), that the morale of the Nubian troops seems to be LOW, that the Neapolitan troops have some damn nice shields, and that the varangian guard is (still) a massive opponent. Ruthenian troops sure are strong, but not too powerful, Prague bowmen did well.

On a side note, I actually saw the A.I. using a shrewd tactic: The French general charged with his 20 royal knights the Bohemian and Croatian generals (together 60 feudal knights). Not necessary to say he was being slaughtered, until the Byzantines charged with Katanks, Neapolitans, and spearmen in the allied rear Nice trick to say the least http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-smile.gif

03-31-2004, 21:54
That's some good stuff - if that's the case Croatian Light Cavalry will be adjusted accordingly (if you feel they're too good), as will the Nubian troops.

I chose Norway over Sweden as I think Sweden were going through a period of Civil War at the time. Plus, Sweden get their time to shine in High and Late (the Norse aren't in those periods). I had them all in at one stage and believe me, it's far too hectic with the three up there
The Croatians were only joined in union with Hungary in 1102.

The Serbs and the Wallachians are in Late and the Bulgarians crash into it in High, making the Balkans an area rife with chaos It's fun.

Ellesthyan
03-31-2004, 22:29
Croatian Light Cavalry
CHARGE_BONUS( 6 ), MELEE_BONUS( 3 ), DEFENCE_BONUS( 3 ), ARMOUR_LEVEL( 3 ), HONOUR_LEVEL( 5 )
Feudal knights
CHARGE_BONUS( 8 ), MELEE_BONUS( 4 ), DEFENCE_BONUS( 3 ), ARMOUR_LEVEL( 4 ), HONOUR_LEVEL( 8 )

Hmm, I don't have an explanation for the strange behavior of the Croatians.. Still they're quite strong, and only a little bit weaker than the feudal knights. If the Croatians were famous horsemen, it's all right with me. Otherwise I'd suggest to weaken their attack/defense a little.

I'll illustrate my Nubian problem with an example:
During the custom battle a unit of 66 Long Spear Nubians charged a unit of Prague bowmen. The bowmen let loose a volley on the Nubians, but they approached to a few paces distance. Then, to my disbelieve, the attacking Africans suddenly turned tail and ran away
And that's not the only time they showed their cowardice; mostly only a charge was enough (except on the Abyssian guard) to route them.
Maybe this morale problem is ok and fitting, but I'll assure everyone that it's not a smart move to create an army with only Africans in it

Steppe Merc
03-31-2004, 22:32
Bloody 3d dowloads. Well, what does it change? Does it change the unit prod, startpos, or descriptions? just wondering, since I changed a bunch in those folders. And is it a whole new file, or just add to the existing files?
Thanks, and can't wait until it downloads.

03-31-2004, 22:34
I think the Nubian long spears have better defence than attack. It is better to mix them with good, more reliable infantry like Nubian infantry and Moorish infantry.

I'm happy the game is entertaining though

Steppe Merc, the unit prod has been added to and updated. The game is alot more balanced. Quite a few files have been effected.

Oh, can i urge people to try the Champion Berserker because he has to be seen to be believed. Utter madness http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Ellesthyan
03-31-2004, 22:40
I checked and I admit that the Nubian infantry also have a descent morale (they were already chewed up by the Croats before my Armenian infantry arrived), but any other African unit routed immidiately after a charge.

I sure had a load of fun The difference between the factions is just big enough to have great, diverse battles http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-smile.gif

And I'll say it again, the neapolitan shields are NICE If you can, please create some more like that http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

03-31-2004, 22:43
I'll try to add more shields, the estonian infantry has quite a nice one,i think.

Have any of the new factions dominated the map or done really well in you game?

Steppe Merc
03-31-2004, 22:47
A well, I can live with that. Besides, who needs to do homework? updating and mantaining my Medival Total war game is far more important. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-jester.gif

Steppe Merc
03-31-2004, 23:01
No What did I do?? In the selection screen, all the names are mismatched The Almovriads are the Norse Grrr. Going to try and find what I did wrong... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif

Edit: Ah, I fixed it. Don't know what I did, but I fixed it. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif I do wish that the Byzantines had their historical land, without Naples, Anatolia, Georgia and Nicea, but I'll just do it my self. Any way, great job. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif

Ellesthyan
03-31-2004, 23:01
BKB, Im in the year 1180, and no faction has really dominated so far. The Almohads have kicked the Almoravids of Africa, but after a civil war the Moors still survive (Cordoba really made the difference). The Byzantines are at war with every faction they border (except for me, as I just made peace), but they cope wonderfully, having only lost Anatolia, Georgia and Lesser Armenia. The Egyptians are quite powerful, but as their monarchs are really weak they have civil wars all the time.
The Bohemians try, but can't keep the Polish or the Germans of their province. They've been eliminated by now. The French are unusually silent. The Danish dominate the north, the Polish are quite a power after annexing Bohemia. The Novgorods have captured almost whole Russia, as the Kievians can't hold on to Lithuania, and Khazar is already in hands of the Armenians.
The Turks are weak, and can't do much against the Byz.
The other eastern factions do moderately well, while they are trying to beat up the Byzantines.
England is having troubles with the Scots, but have defeated the Welish. Irish don't do anything (probably out of money). The Spanish have lost to the Almoravids and Castille is lost. Genova can't keep up and has had a bunch of rebellions. The Venetians dominate the sea and northern Italy.
The HRE is doing quite well, although the Croats, the Danish and the Polish are trying to take provinces. I suspect that a French invasion will mop up the Germans.

If you just skipped all the talk, Its suffice to say that everyone is keeping up, and that everyone HATES the Byzantines

Julius Caesar
04-01-2004, 00:06
Are there deadpage coordinates for the new units?

King Azzole
04-01-2004, 00:51
*hugs BKB* Me wubs j00 Keep up the azz kickin http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

Nomad
04-01-2004, 10:41
So far excellant, looks like you've addressed all the glitches from BKB .0 and the funky new shields flags etc R a huge improvement (although I did rather like the previous Armenian flag. but...I guess the new ones better??? (I suppose) so I won't swap it back).
All of the Factions are showing healthy early development (unlike previous MTW games) and the Muster field option is making the AI, build less peasants, thus more interesting armies. The Novgorodians might have been a bit quick of the mark i.e there winning the technological battle. But overall Nice one BKB's SuperEarly goes Gamma
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif
Nomad

Gen_Lee
04-01-2004, 12:46
Im loving the patch.

04-01-2004, 13:16
Thank you for the kind words boys it means alot http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Also i'm working on super high at the moment and probably going to take out the Croatians. Does anyone want a particular faction to replace them? I'm thinking about Cherginov but i'm not sure yet, any suggestions?

Sun Tzui
04-01-2004, 15:33
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

BKB's mod rocks http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif

Jolly GOOD work http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

04-01-2004, 16:22
Quote[/b] ]So far excellant, looks like you've addressed all the glitches from BKB .0 and the funky new shields flags etc R a huge improvement (although I did rather like the previous Armenian flag. but...I guess the new ones better??? (I suppose) so I won't swap it back).

I wouldn't advise that. It's correctly been assigned to the Crusader States in High. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are there deadpage coordinates for the new units?

Unfortunately not no.

By the way, I noticed a couple of Unit Description errors the other day. I didn't spot a 'there' instead of a 'their' in the Nubian Javelinmen description (really annoyed - I specifically searched for them http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-furious3.gif ) and 'Andalucian' instead of 'Andalusian' in the Andalusian Cavalry description.

Oh and urge all of you guys too check out the Champion Berserker - I've improved him considerably and it's hilarious to watch him cutting through the opposition.

King_Of_Portugal
04-01-2004, 20:35
Nice job once again BKB you do great things http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

The update works fine indeed. New units, flags and shields are ok, and even more accurate.

I have a sugestion to make.
Maybe you could change The Spanish to The Castilian-Leonese, because the Kingdom of Spain only apears in 1476, when the Castilian-Leonese unite with the Aragonese. So, if there is a faction named The Aragonese, should have another named Castilian-Leonese, and never The Spanish. I think it will be much more accurate.

You can see a map of Iberic Peninsula, about 1100, after the Almoravid invasion:
http://www.vdiest.nl/images/Europa/1100big.jpg

The shield of The Kingdom Of Castile And Leon:
http://www.svoytour.ru/spain/castilla_leon/img/escudo.gif

ansiously waiting for SuperHigh... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Celtic_Winter
04-01-2004, 20:49
Greetings to all. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif
I have been watching this board for a while and thought it was about time for me to join. This mod is fantastic But I am having some problems with it. Maybe you guys could help.

1.Everything works properly but when I try to do a custom battle the unit icons don't show up and when I try to play the battle, It just never loads.
2.When I play, The same unit icons thing happens and I can't use those units or play battles.
Maybe I installed it wrong or is this suppouse to happen?
thanks http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

04-01-2004, 21:58
Quote[/b] ]I have a sugestion to make.
Maybe you could change The Spanish to The Castilian-Leonese, because the Kingdom of Spain only apears in 1476, when the Castilian-Leonese unite with the Aragonese. So, if there is a faction named The Aragonese, should have another named Castilian-Leonese, and never The Spanish. I think it will be much more accurate.

You can see a map of Iberic Peninsula, about 1100, after the Almoravid invasion:

I might do that - I have a Castillian Spearman unit in the pipeline with the castle shield.

Have you got a similar map of Europe in 1205-ish by any chance?

04-01-2004, 22:00
Quote[/b] ]Greetings to all.
I have been watching this board for a while and thought it was about time for me to join. This mod is fantastic But I am having some problems with it. Maybe you guys could help.

1.Everything works properly but when I try to do a custom battle the unit icons don't show up and when I try to play the battle, It just never loads.
2.When I play, The same unit icons thing happens and I can't use those units or play battles.
thanks

I'm afraid you've installed it wrong. Sounds like you've left out the review_panel pics - I suggest you have a good look in the campmap section to find the folder and put all my new unit review_panel pics in there. Tell me if you have any luck.

crazyviking03
04-01-2004, 22:08
I have been really busy lately, but I am going to do my hardest to download this update tonight. I cant wait to hit this up http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-blush.gif

matfender
04-01-2004, 22:58
BKB -

Great work. I'm new to this forum but I do like the new units and factions. The new patch irons out some wrinkles. Can't wait for the finished product.

Celtic_Winter
04-01-2004, 23:27
Quote[/b] (The Blind King of Bohemia @ April 01 2004,15:00)]
Quote[/b] ]Greetings to all.

thanks

I'm afraid you've installed it wrong. Sounds like you've left out the review_panel pics - I suggest you have a good look in the campmap section to find the folder and put all my new unit review_panel pics in there. Tell me if you have any luck.
Ah yes everything works fine Thanks for the help Time to play now until I pass out http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-computer.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wacko.gif

King_Of_Portugal
04-02-2004, 00:58
Yes, of course. I can show you a map of about 1200:

http://www.vdiest.nl/images/Europa/1200big.jpg

Notice that during a short period, Castile was separate from Leon, but i think the most accurate is joining them in one single faction.

and another one of about 1300:

http://www.vdiest.nl/images/Europa/1300big.jpg

A_B
04-02-2004, 06:06
Quote[/b] (The Blind King of Bohemia @ Mar. 31 2004,08:55)]If people have downloaded it, please tell me if you have any problems like A_B or just general opinions.

BKB
i had copied the Viking Portraits folder incorrectly. Fun mod so far. You should try and get someone to put the whole thing in a self installer. I'm sure it is an easy thing with the proper software.

How are the Armenians to play? I'm playing as the Croats right now. It is kinda slow, too weak to attack anyone, and too strong to get attacked. i'm sure things will liven up once the Mongols arrive though.

Julius Caesar
04-02-2004, 07:03
This error message appears when i press end year.

No portrait found for this overriden type.

Any help would be VERY appreciated.

mbrasher1
04-02-2004, 09:13
Hi guys. I downloaded the mod and installed it. The super beta and them the newer one on top of that.

But I rant into a problem or two.

I tried Egypt in Super Early. I tried to build those nice looking Nubian javelins (good defense and attack and javs Sweet). The game crashed at End Turn. It gave me an error message about having no portraits.

I thought I may have missed something, so I reinstalled everything. Tried Egypt again, and crashed again, after the warning about the portraits. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem??

BTW, the units look great. I wish I could play.

mbrasher1
04-02-2004, 11:21
OK, scrap that. I solved the problem. By following your directions, no less.

But now those tasty looking eggy javelinmen are gone from super early. Is that right??

Borathor
04-02-2004, 11:27
Here is the URL for all the maps aswell http://www.euratlas.com/time2.htm

Nomad
04-02-2004, 12:06
Julius,
Sounds like you've made an error installing that portraits folder, Dude.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

King_Of_Portugal
04-02-2004, 12:36
I found another site, with a map of 1205:

http://www.epsaweb.org/historic_maps.htm