PDA

View Full Version : Hellenic:TW PBEM

Coldstream
03-18-2004, 04:57
Okay guys, I want to get a good, solid, rule-regulated PBEM going.

Firstly, I want this PBEM to come together as a story, not as a government dispatch or a screenplay. From the PBEMs I have already read I know there is quite a number here with talent *coughcough*DirectInvitationForSimonAppleton*coughcough*
I would like your stories to be accompanied with a health serving of screenshots. The choice of perspective is entirely up the author - feel free to be creative.

I decided to play as Sparta who are by far the most interesting faction and offer a healthy base of house-rules by which to play.

RULES:
Writing Rules:
- First and foremost, I'd like to stress that we are not playing for known-world domination. We are playing to get a backdrop for an epic tale that shall be repeated by bards across the forums http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-book2.gif

Gameplay Rules:
- Homelands: Just because you take a province does not mean you have free-reign over it. Upon first conquest of an area it is considered a vassal. You may tax as much as you please but Spartan Hoplites and Polemiste are not to be created there. Any other second or third-rate troops may be created at your whim. After 50 years (one generation of citizens having died off thus leaving only people who have been indoctrinated into the Spartan way) the province is considered to be annexed and Spartan Hoplites and Polemiste may be created.

- More on Spartan Troops: Only troops created in a true Spartan city (Lacedomia and any annexed provinces) are subject to the following: Any Spartan unit that flees (routes off the map) in combat must face disbandment. Spartan law proclaimed that any man displaying cowardice in combat be banished from the military, have his beard shaved half-off and be relegated to a life of poverty on the streets. No ransom money will be payed out for Spartan troops. If Spartans are captured along with Provincial units and you want the Provincials back, you must pay ransom for the whole lot and then disband any Spartans that return.
IMPORTANT: Turn off auto clean-up units and armies to prevent routed Spartan from integrating with other units.

-Politics: Because of its heavily militaristic society, Sparta never fielded many great statesmen. Therefor government titles can never be assigned to any person with an accumen above 2, with the exception of Lacedomia which may be goverened by the most able man. Any Governor who attains a higher level of accumen during his time of office does not need to be removed. A Governer can only be removed if his accumen drops to 0 or his loyalty drops to a rate that would cause problems for the empire.

I now have to get ready for work and I will post more when I get home. What do you guys think so far?

Coming soon:
-Shipping rules requiring military vessels to move troops. Merchant shipping is for trade only
-Naming successors
-Weak princes and what dreadful misfortune will befall them

mercian billman
03-18-2004, 08:40
Im definately willing to join but, first I have to install HTW.

Coldstream
03-18-2004, 14:15
Out of experience, I suggest you make a new installation of MTW so you can play HTW and MTW. Oh, I think I forgot to say that this will be VI patched.

mercian billman
03-19-2004, 10:18
Just patched VI I'm cocked locked and ready to rock http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-2thumbsup.gif Just need some time to get used to the Spartans. Also this would be my first PBM.

Coldstream
03-19-2004, 13:56
I'm hoping to get a bit more support before I delve us into this.

komninos
03-20-2004, 17:11
Hi all,

I hope I can catch you up before you start with the new version of HTW. In this you will not have the shipping and cavalry problems you had till now and with the addition of heroes you will get some better loyalty at the start.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

mercian billman
03-21-2004, 04:38
Kominos when do you plan on releasing the new version?

komninos
03-22-2004, 12:14
Good question ... can I have the next one please http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

OK ... I hope you will see something by mid – late April ... but don’t hold your breath.