PDA

View Full Version : Lan battle problems

Wintermute
03-21-2004, 23:03
Firstly I have looked through the many links, FAQs etc etc and not found any info relating to this so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Two friends and myself have been playing MTW over our LAN recently, but have been having lots of problems with one of us dropping from the game due to them being out of sync. It happens to all three of us, but generally only one player per battle. That same player may have it happen to them several times before they manage to get into the battle.

It only ever happens in the set up period on the battlefield i.e. map surveying, day of attack selection and deployment. Once the battle has started it doesn't happen. It happens less frequently during deployment, and getting through map surveying ASAP seems to help.

The host never goes out of sync, but either of the other two can. All three have tried being host.

We are all using various versions of winXP and MTW with the patch (No VI).

Thanks for your help,

Gregoshi
03-22-2004, 18:34
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif Hello Wintermute.

I know there have been some post on LAN issues but I can't seem to find them. We'll see if anyone has something to say on the matter and if not, we'll move this to the Apothecary.