PDA

View Full Version : Medieval: Total War XL

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Armchair Athlete
08-05-2004, 14:45
great work VH, looking forward to the final release. Any ETA? I also had a typo in the post about the Dejma, their price should be 300 florins not 200, as archers are 225 florins I dont think a better unit should be cheaper! Just found a new possible unit for the Novgorod/Volga Bulgarians.

Chernye Klobuki (Black Hoods) - primarily from a tribe known as the Berendi, the Black Hoods were fast cavalry lancers, used primarily as mercenaries by Novgorod and the Volga Bulgarians. They operated in a very similar way to the later Cossacks, and their main roles were rapid flanking of enemy forces and raiding/patrolling/harrassing.

This unit will mainly differentiate the unit rosters a bit for Novgorod compared to the Kievan Rus. The Volgars just get them because they did in history. They would basically be sort of like the Byzantine Lancers, fast and with a very good charge, but if they are caught out by armoured or elite troops they will be destroyed fairly quickly. Fairly low build requirements (maybe horse breeder and an inn)

Stats -
Move - fast cavalry
Charge - 8
Attack - 3
Defense - 2
Morale - 4
Armour - 1 plus a small shield
Cost - dont know, I'll leave that up to you, fairly cheap though
Support Costs- also dont know

VikingHorde
08-05-2004, 15:01
great work VH, looking forward to the final release. Any ETA? I also had a typo in the post about the Dejma, their price should be 300 florins not 200, as archers are 225 florins I dont think a better unit should be cheaper! Just found a new possible unit for the Novgorod/Volga Bulgarians.

Chernye Klobuki (Black Hoods) - primarily from a tribe known as the Berendi, the Black Hoods were fast cavalry lancers, used primarily as mercenaries by Novgorod and the Volga Bulgarians. They operated in a very similar way to the later Cossacks, and their main roles were rapid flanking of enemy forces and raiding/patrolling/harrassing.

This unit will mainly differentiate the unit rosters a bit for Novgorod compared to the Kievan Rus. The Volgars just get them because they did in history. They would basically be sort of like the Byzantine Lancers, fast and with a very good charge, but if they are caught out by armoured or elite troops they will be destroyed fairly quickly. Fairly low build requirements (maybe horse breeder and an inn)

Stats -
Move - fast cavalry
Charge - 8
Attack - 3
Defense - 2
Morale - 4
Armour - 1 plus a small shield
Cost - dont know, I'll leave that up to you, fairly cheap though
Support Costs- also dont know

Nice unit :jumping: . I have added Dejma unit i my mod and they look cool. My ETA is about two weeks, becouse I don't have time to mod this weekend (Girls and stuff ~;) ).

~:cheers:

Balin son of Fundin
08-06-2004, 09:35
Very good mod! I am loving all of the new factions, provinces etc! I am currently playing as the Norse, good fun ~:)

VikingHorde
08-06-2004, 09:41
Very good mod! I am loving all of the new factions, provinces etc! I am currently playing as the Norse, good fun ~:)

The Norse are cool, even as AI. They are allway very agressive ~:p

Armchair Athlete
08-06-2004, 10:44
Back again with some more unit suggestions (I am only on two days a week at university this semester, playing your mod and doing research for it are the only things keeping me sane at the moment ~:wacko: ). This time the Armenians, I have been searching for ages trying to find something on them and finally found some obscure Armenian academics homepage.

Naxarars - were the large landowning nobility in Armenia (comparable to Feudal lords in Europe). They acted as administrators and warriors, fighting on horseback as a well equiped heavy cavalry unit. Contact with the crusaders led them to adopt more western practices with regards to cavalry equipment.

This unit is pretty much summed up well by the Armenian Heavy Cavalry unit the Armenians get (as they are heir units). A name change is all that would be required.

Didebuls - were the minor nobility of both Armenia and Georgia, acted as an elite core of soldeirs for the Armenian army. They owned small amounts of land, and were comparable to the Knights of Europe.

I'll leave it up to you to determine stats and so forth for this unit if you include them, not sure what play style (fast cavalry, or infantry based?) you want the Armenians to be in your mod. They could be a cavalry unit, or they could be a small unit of good foot soldiers (like the dismounted knights Catholics get).

Azats - Azats (short for Azatagundkt hayoc) was the name given to the cavalry of Armenia. They were disciplined and effective in battle (although not very numerous). After the collapse of traditional Armenia and the exodus of Armenians to the kingdom of Cilicia (lesser Armenia), they often hired themselves out as mercenaries across the region, wandering from region to region.

Once again, I'll leave the workings of this unit up to you.

Although there is not much info on the make up of the bulk of theArmenian army anywhere, there are also vague references to the following units being used;
Armenian Archers, Caucasian mountaineers, Latin Auxillaries (posted that unit earlier), mercenary Qipchaq Turks, and an Armenian Militia 50,000 strong (unsure of the accuracy of this number) used by the Byzantines before being disbanded because they were worried about them rebelling (which did happen).

VikingHorde
08-06-2004, 11:26
Back again with some more unit suggestions (I am only on two days a week at university this semester, playing your mod and doing research for it are the only things keeping me sane at the moment ~:wacko: ). This time the Armenians, I have been searching for ages trying to find something on them and finally found some obscure Armenian academics homepage.
It's good that I can keep you sane, he he ~D

Naxarars - were the large landowning nobility in Armenia (comparable to Feudal lords in Europe). They acted as administrators and warriors, fighting on horseback as a well equiped heavy cavalry unit. Contact with the crusaders led them to adopt more western practices with regards to cavalry equipment.

This unit is pretty much summed up well by the Armenian Heavy Cavalry unit the Armenians get (as they are heir units). A name change is all that would be required.

Should they be like a armenian type of royal knights? Im thinking of adding a small royal armenian cav unit to help the armenian economy (not getting huge royal units) and allso help the turks.

Didebuls - were the minor nobility of both Armenia and Georgia, acted as an elite core of soldeirs for the Armenian army. They owned small amounts of land, and were comparable to the Knights of Europe.

I'll leave it up to you to determine stats and so forth for this unit if you include them, not sure what play style (fast cavalry, or infantry based?) you want the Armenians to be in your mod. They could be a cavalry unit, or they could be a small unit of good foot soldiers (like the dismounted knights Catholics get).

They could maybe be like chivalric/feudal knights, but with a armenian twist.

Azats - Azats (short for Azatagundkt hayoc) was the name given to the cavalry of Armenia. They were disciplined and effective in battle (although not very numerous). After the collapse of traditional Armenia and the exodus of Armenians to the kingdom of Cilicia (lesser Armenia), they often hired themselves out as mercenaries across the region, wandering from region to region.

Once again, I'll leave the workings of this unit up to you.

Although there is not much info on the make up of the bulk of theArmenian army anywhere, there are also vague references to the following units being used;
Armenian Archers, Caucasian mountaineers, mercenary Qipchaq Turks, and an Armenian Militia 50,000 strong (unsure of the accuracy of this number) used by the Byzantines before being disbanded because they were worried about them rebelling (which did happen).

There could be some good units to add here, good stuff. ~:p Thanks!

Armchair Athlete
08-06-2004, 11:44
Should they be like a armenian type of royal knights? Im thinking of adding a small royal armenian cav unit to help the armenian economy (not getting huge royal units) and allso help the turks.

Yeah they could be. They were the major landowners and nobility anyway, so would make a good royal knight unit. Also good idea with strengthening the Armenian economy, whenever I play, the same thing always happens - Armenians start a war with the Turks and get annihilated within 30 turns. They just cant compete with the Turks ability to produce many units compared to their ability to produce units from only one.

Armchair Athlete
08-07-2004, 05:54
OK, Burgundians now! Tell me when you have enough units for the mod, otherwise I will keep on going! Once again this is just a historically accurate unit that can be used, but doesn't have to be. They will just make their unit list a bit more varied compared to France and other Catholic factions.

Coustillier - Coustilliers were the light cavalry of the Burgundian army, armed with a Javelin, sword and a lance. They were capable Skirmishers, and despite the eventual defeat inflicted upon the Burgundians by the Swiss, the Coustilliers performed fairly well in battles.

This unit would be something like Spanish Jinettes but with a greater charge value (due to the Lance). Only buildable by the Burgundians of course. This would make them fairly powerful, so maybe you could limit their being built to only a couple of provinces (like Savoy and Burgundy or something).

Gendarmes were another important part of the Burgundian army, however in the game they are fairly useless, as Chivalric Knights are better in every way AND quicker to get and get a better dismounted unit! To fix this, possibly the Gendarmes should be able to be built straight away in Burgundy (just the pre-requisite buildings there, not fully teched up to fortress, kinda like how Mercia has a metalsmith but with no iron) and Gendarmes could get a valour bonus in Burgundy. They will still have worse charge and worse dismounted unit that the Chivalric knights, but they will at least have same attack and better defense.

VikingHorde
08-08-2004, 18:46
OK, Burgundians now! Tell me when you have enough units for the mod, otherwise I will keep on going! Once again this is just a historically accurate unit that can be used, but doesn't have to be. They will just make their unit list a bit more varied compared to France and other Catholic factions.

Coustillier - Coustilliers were the light cavalry of the Burgundian army, armed with a Javelin, sword and a lance. They were capable Skirmishers, and despite the eventual defeat inflicted upon the Burgundians by the Swiss, the Coustilliers performed fairly well in battles.

This unit would be something like Spanish Jinettes but with a greater charge value (due to the Lance). Only buildable by the Burgundians of course. This would make them fairly powerful, so maybe you could limit their being built to only a couple of provinces (like Savoy and Burgundy or something).

Gendarmes were another important part of the Burgundian army, however in the game they are fairly useless, as Chivalric Knights are better in every way AND quicker to get and get a better dismounted unit! To fix this, possibly the Gendarmes should be able to be built straight away in Burgundy (just the pre-requisite buildings there, not fully teched up to fortress, kinda like how Mercia has a metalsmith but with no iron) and Gendarmes could get a valour bonus in Burgundy. They will still have worse charge and worse dismounted unit that the Chivalric knights, but they will at least have same attack and better defense.

I still have space for another 15-20 units, theres still some work to be done. Good work on those units, they will make the Burgundy more fun to play.

Armchair Athlete
08-09-2004, 04:50
Ok then, its getting kinda hard to find units now, at the moment I don't really want to suggest some units because they have been done in other mods, but its kind of a problem because they were so important for some factions (such as Norman Knights for the Sicilians). If you are OK with having some units that have already been done in other mods that are historically accurate then I can suggest them, however they can be changed so as to be fairly different to the already done ones, to give an example in BKB's mod he has included the Voi for the Novgorod, which were the tribal levies in the armies of the Rus (a step above peasants and Militia, but only just). According to several sources I have found (gotta love those obscure academics ~:) )they were historically used as spearmen and skirmishers. BKB has used them as spearmen, so maybe in your mod you could have them as skirmishers. That way, although sharing the same name as an already existing unit, they would be used in a significantly different way (all the units I have suggested so far have not been done in any other mods I have played and would be unique to yours). Anyway, its up to you. Of course I will continue looking for new units not done yet to include as well.

Despot of the English
08-09-2004, 09:40
VikingHorde, will you be adding any Norman soldiery to the English? :knight: Norman Knights could use the early Royal Knights image. Or maybe replace Feudal Knights completely with Norman Knights?

VikingHorde
08-09-2004, 16:26
Ok then, its getting kinda hard to find units now, at the moment I don't really want to suggest some units because they have been done in other mods, but its kind of a problem because they were so important for some factions (such as Norman Knights for the Sicilians). If you are OK with having some units that have already been done in other mods that are historically accurate then I can suggest them, however they can be changed so as to be fairly different to the already done ones, to give an example in BKB's mod he has included the Voi for the Novgorod, which were the tribal levies in the armies of the Rus (a step above peasants and Militia, but only just). According to several sources I have found (gotta love those obscure academics ~:) )they were historically used as spearmen and skirmishers. BKB has used them as spearmen, so maybe in your mod you could have them as skirmishers. That way, although sharing the same name as an already existing unit, they would be used in a significantly different way (all the units I have suggested so far have not been done in any other mods I have played and would be unique to yours). Anyway, its up to you. Of course I will continue looking for new units not done yet to include as well.
I have no problem adding them, becouse they will only share names. It's impossible to make two historycal correct mods without have alike units.

VikingHorde, will you be adding any Norman soldiery to the English? Norman Knights could use the early Royal Knights image. Or maybe replace Feudal Knights completely with Norman Knights?
I think so. What stats would they have?

Despot of the English
08-09-2004, 18:44
How about this? ~:)

Norman Foot Knights: Charge 4 Attack 4 Defence 3 Armour 3 Morale 4 Cost 325 Support cost 45. Available Early (High too?) I favour a unit of 60 if possible.

Norman Knights: Charge 8 Attack 5 Defence 3 Armour 4 Morale 8 Cost 425 Support cost 105. Available Early (again not sure about High as well.) Very similiar to Feudal knights but with slightly better attack.

I suppose the French ought to have access to them as well ~;) .

VikingHorde
08-09-2004, 19:07
How about this? ~:)

Norman Foot Knights: Charge 4 Attack 4 Defence 3 Armour 3 Morale 4 Cost 325 Support cost 45. Available Early (High too?) I favour a unit of 60 if possible.

Norman Knights: Charge 8 Attack 5 Defence 3 Armour 4 Morale 8 Cost 425 Support cost 105. Available Early (again not sure about High as well.) Very similiar to Feudal knights but with slightly better attack.

I suppose the French ought to have access to them as well ~;) .

Nice, that means that the Sicilians, English and French get a new unit. Will this unit replace Royal/Feudal knights?

Armchair Athlete
08-10-2004, 09:07
Well i have hit a bit of a roadblock with new units for the mod, I cant seem to find much more references to military units on the internet and I dont have many books on it, most of the sources are more concerned with the kings and generals of the period rather than the army composition. But I have a few suggestions for the campaign map to make it more historically accurate and interesting.

First of all, Aragon could be given a trade good. Aragonese/Catalan merchants were very active in the Meditteranean during the 13th century until the bubonic plague struck, almost rivalling the Italian City states. To refect this, they should have at least one trade good (linen and textiles were the main trade, as well as weapons which I guess is represented by the fact they have iron present). As you have quite rightfully reduced trade income, this would not have a great effect, it will just add flavour to the game.

Second main suggestion is that Genoa also get some more trade goods. They were fairly equal to Venice in the trading scene. In the original release of MTW when all the Italian states were combined into one, I can understand them having less trading as it would be a bit overpowered, but now that they are their own faction with not many provinces, coupled with the fact trading is reduced they could have some more without being too strong IMHO. Maybe two more fairly low value ones to bring them almost on par with Venice (Grain was a fairly big export back then).

Also I still have some heroes that if you have time you could add, I have some for the Teutons, Armenians, Crusader States and additional ones for the Sicilians (all non kings of course). About 20 in total - a bit too many to post here, so if you want to see the list then say so and I will PM them to you in several parts.

Despot of the English
08-10-2004, 09:55
Nice, that means that the Sicilians, English and French get a new unit. Will this unit replace Royal/Feudal knights?

Good question. I think for the English Norman Knights could replace the Feudal ones (I'm imagining the Normans basically taking over all the English noble estates and replacing the current incumbents with their own.) Maybe French and Sicilians can still train Feudal Knights? (I know little about the Sicilians, sorry) Although they'd probably be little point if Norman Knights are better, unless we increase their initial cost slightly to make training the Feudals more worth while. I don't think it's necessary to replace Royal Knights though.

VikingHorde
08-10-2004, 16:38
Well i have hit a bit of a roadblock with new units for the mod, I cant seem to find much more references to military units on the internet and I dont have many books on it, most of the sources are more concerned with the kings and generals of the period rather than the army composition. But I have a few suggestions for the campaign map to make it more historically accurate and interesting.

First of all, Aragon could be given a trade good. Aragonese/Catalan merchants were very active in the Meditteranean during the 13th century until the bubonic plague struck, almost rivalling the Italian City states. To refect this, they should have at least one trade good (linen and textiles were the main trade, as well as weapons which I guess is represented by the fact they have iron present). As you have quite rightfully reduced trade income, this would not have a great effect, it will just add flavour to the game.

Second main suggestion is that Genoa also get some more trade goods. They were fairly equal to Venice in the trading scene. In the original release of MTW when all the Italian states were combined into one, I can understand them having less trading as it would be a bit overpowered, but now that they are their own faction with not many provinces, coupled with the fact trading is reduced they could have some more without being too strong IMHO. Maybe two more fairly low value ones to bring them almost on par with Venice (Grain was a fairly big export back then).

Also I still have some heroes that if you have time you could add, I have some for the Teutons, Armenians, Crusader States and additional ones for the Sicilians (all non kings of course). About 20 in total - a bit too many to post here, so if you want to see the list then say so and I will PM them to you in several parts.

Thanks for the info. I would like to add the heroes that you got, becouse I don't have that meny, if any for those factions. :knight:

@Despot of the English
Good, i'll add the unit soon if the heat in denmark dosn't kill me. It's +30 C, so im not very productive right now.

Despot of the English
08-10-2004, 17:27
I'm also wondering about whether to give the English a mounted archer unit. English mounted archers did not shoot on horseback like the Mongols, however, although there have been some accounts of them doing this but it wasn't common, they rode to battle and fought on foot like normal bowmen. Having a horse wasn't the only thing that set them apart from other archers: they were better paid and better equipped. They could also carry better arms and armour because heavier items could be carried on their horses. Mounted archers were used a lot in the chevauchees of the Hundred Years War where they would make lightning raids into enemy territory.

So an English mounted archer would really be a longbowman with better armour and better in hand-to-hand combat although it might be confusing to some people to have mounted archers who don't shoot from horseback.

I'll have to read my Osprey book about the English Longbowman again ~:) .

VikingHorde
08-10-2004, 17:38
I'm also wondering about whether to give the English a mounted archer unit. English mounted archers did not shoot on horseback like the Mongols, however, although there have been some accounts of them doing this but it wasn't common, they rode to battle and fought on foot like normal bowmen. Having a horse wasn't the only thing that set them apart from other archers: they were better paid and better equipped. They could also carry better arms and armour because heavier items could be carried on their horses. Mounted archers were used a lot in the chevauchees of the Hundred Years War where they would make lightning raids into enemy territory.

So an English mounted archer would really be a longbowman with better armour and better in hand-to-hand combat although it might be confusing to some people to have mounted archers who don't shoot from horseback.

I'll have to read my Osprey book about the English Longbowman again ~:) .

Well, maybe it should be a cav unit that can dismount into superior Longbowman. They could be a sword fighter on a horses back, but have to be light or medium cav.

Despot of the English
08-11-2004, 10:00
Something else too to think about for the English: Household Archer. From the Osprey book this is interesting: The household archer was considered an elite, Warwick the Kingmaker once commenting that they were worth two ordinary archers - even English ones. The apex of this class were the King's "Yeomen of the Crown" who, according to the household regulations of Edward IV (the Black Book), were to be "... most semely persons, clenely, and strongest archers" and were selected by being " chosen and tryed out of every lordes house in Ynglond."

So you could have Household Archers who are upgraded Longbowmen and an even better class being the Yeomen of the Crown who would be the best longbowmen, picked from the retinues of the King's lords.

Monkwarrior
08-11-2004, 10:11
Yesterday I installed the mod and I must say it looks very interesting.
I have an offer and a request for Viking Horde.

Offer: for the non-english versions of the game, it is necessary some manipulation of the Loc files. After my own experience in modding I copied the necessary files or copied and pasted the new parts of the files, but some translations are still required. Are you interested in having a Loc\Spanish folder for a new version release? I can do it and send to you the files.

Request: I have seen that you prepared some new Unit Icons. Could I use some of them for my own mod? I am mainly interested in muslim foot units and I saw an Arab Heavy Infantry. Are there more new units of this type?

In any case, great work. ~:wave:

VikingHorde
08-11-2004, 15:43
Something else too to think about for the English: Household Archer. From the Osprey book this is interesting: The household archer was considered an elite, Warwick the Kingmaker once commenting that they were worth two ordinary archers - even English ones. The apex of this class were the King's "Yeomen of the Crown" who, according to the household regulations of Edward IV (the Black Book), were to be "... most semely persons, clenely, and strongest archers" and were selected by being " chosen and tryed out of every lordes house in Ynglond."

So you could have Household Archers who are upgraded Longbowmen and an even better class being the Yeomen of the Crown who would be the best longbowmen, picked from the retinues of the King's lords.

Sounds good, I'll write the unit/units down to add them later.

Yesterday I installed the mod and I must say it looks very interesting.
I have an offer and a request for Viking Horde.

Offer: for the non-english versions of the game, it is necessary some manipulation of the Loc files. After my own experience in modding I copied the necessary files or copied and pasted the new parts of the files, but some translations are still required. Are you interested in having a Loc\Spanish folder for a new version release? I can do it and send to you the files.

Request: I have seen that you prepared some new Unit Icons. Could I use some of them for my own mod? I am mainly interested in muslim foot units and I saw an Arab Heavy Infantry. Are there more new units of this type?

In any case, great work.

Spanish version, that would be perfect! I have not finished all files yet, still need to add the last units with desciptions. Once I have finished the files, I'll send them to you and Teutonic.
Feel free to use the Icons. There are no more muslim units yet, but i'm working on some. They will proberly be finished sometime next weekend.

Despot of the English
08-11-2004, 18:23
Sounds good, I'll write the unit/units down to add them later.

I'll see if there aren't any more units I can dig out for other factions too :jumping: .

Armchair Athlete
08-12-2004, 03:43
One suggestion that could add a bit of flavour to the game - In the late period in Greece you could replace the rebel garrison wih about 6 units of armoured almughavars (also rebel) to represent the Catalan Grand Company which conquered and held Athens and the surrouding areas for a number of years (I think 1321 to 1388). It would also add an incentive to bribe the garrison, to acquire units you could otherwise not get (In the early period I usually do the same with El Cid in Valencia, try and get an emissary there before the comps kill him off). Of course, you would have to use them carefully, as you could not replace them! As their leader, Roger de Flor was murdered some time before, it would not require a new rebel hero or anything.

Armchair Athlete
08-12-2004, 10:45
I was doing some more random searching and came across several more units that could be added to the Volga Bulgarians. They are mostly tribal units, but the Volga Bulgarians were also quite skilled at iron work, so you could add an armoured bowman type unit (call it Volgan bowman or something) with a very poor melee but good defense/armour. Most of the Bulgarians in the Volga Bulgarian army served as bowmen. This will also help them a bit against the horde to survive missile duels a bit better. The uits listed below are accurate with regards to their names, however I have not been able to find much information on how they were equipped. Instead I have just given them roles to fill gaps in the Volga Bulgarian army, but you can make them into whatever you want really. Some appear as having more generic roles, such as Kursybays with holding the line and Kazanchies with decisive blows.

Bashkorts - the Bashkorts were a semi-nomadic tribe living in and around central asia. Due to the various invaions of Tartars and Turkomens some tribes left to find more secure homes within the borders of established states, including the Volga Bulgarians and the Itil Bulgarians, in return for military assistance.

As the Volga Bulgarians lack any form of armour piercing units, I think it would be a good idea to make the Bashkorts armed with Javelins. They should be fast, to represent their nomadic wandering nature, but have a poor defense and attack, and be quite cheap to build. Basically they are only good at throwing Javelins. So maybe give them 8 javelins instead of the usual 4. The addition of this unit should help the Volgans when facing armoured units (like Mongol Heavy Cavalry). In most battles they suffered fairly high casualties as well, so a more direct role rather than sitting back and shooting bows would be appropriate

Kazanchis - OK I dont really know if the Kazanchis were the name of the military unit or of a tribe of people, but they were mainly used for flanking actions and dealing the decise blow rather than holding the line. They were definately infantry though, so maybe they could be some kind of sword armed troop, or alternatively armed with armour piercing weapons. They were also fairly well armoured.

Kursybays - Fairly positive that they were actual military units, rather than a tribe of people, as the translated history i am reading from some Volga Bulgarian guy who lived in the early 1200's stated that they nearly mutinied until their pay was increased. In most battles they were used for holding the line, and so I guess would be spearmen. They were also used in fairly large numbers. They were fairly capable, but offen suffered high casualties, so should be less armoured than the Kazanchis and with maybe 1 attack and 2 defense, but with a high morale value.

Monkwarrior
08-12-2004, 11:42
Spanish version, that would be perfect! I have not finished all files yet, still need to add the last units with desciptions. Once I have finished the files, I'll send them to you and Teutonic.

I am waiting for those files and I'll try to do my best.
When do you hope to release the final version?
~:wave:

Despot of the English
08-12-2004, 11:47
I've been thinking more about the build requirements and stats:

Household Archers.

Build Requirements: Master Bowyer.
Not sure about the stats yet but I think they should have more armour and defence than a normal longbow unit. Maybe something like: Charge 1 Attack 3 Defence 0 Armour 2 Morale 4. Disciplined and elite.

Yeomen of the Crown.

Build Requirements: Master Bowyer and Baronial Court?
Effectively these are the best of the Household Archers. Stats: Charge 2 Attack 3 Defence 2 Armour 2 Morale 4. Disciplined and elite.

Both units for Late I think, certainly the Yeomen should be.

Duke Dick
08-12-2004, 14:24
Well Viking Horde, I gave your XL mod the time and effort I believed it would take to thoroughly evaluate it, and I admit, at first I was expecting a BKB SuperMod-Lite, but you have overcome even my expectations, and made something that I could never imagine, a mod that pales in significance in every aspect to BKBs mod.

Firstly, I am sick and tired of all these people congratulating you on your units. I have looked through the mod, and I can see you have added around 30 or so. A nice number, but desperately smaller than BKB’s. So far, around 50 or so units have been released in early and high, and if what I believe is true, a lot more are on the way and a total of around 100 will have been made, sort of makes it feel like a vastly inferior number doesn’t it? In addition, I am disappointed by the variety of your units. Many feature identical shields, but with different patterns on. I can see you have made between 5 and 10 shields, which is a credible effort, but when you look at BKB’s you can see that for every unit, if space permits in the BIF folders, a new shield and/or weapon has been created. This makes every unit different in aspects, and induces a larger feeling of variety in my opinion.
I know you can counter these criticisms with the claim that “this is only a BETA, all will be dealt with in the final release”, and it is a valid argument, however, not long ago, you said to me that compared to BKB’s mod, yours would be better because there would be no BETA releases, only the final, I now see that this is a promise which has fallen through, as are the claims that you would make a superior mod than BKB.

I am also sick and tired of people congratulating you on making the best mod ever. Anyone who says this is one of two groups of people, arse kissers or blind/deaf/dumb. How anyone can see the XL mod as being superior to BKB’s is beyond me. That is why I felt like saying this. Hardly anyone can find a bad word to say about your mod, and I thought it was time to bring you back to earth. Your modding skills, though good are not on par with BKB’s, but with time, they will improve, but I stand by my original argument I put towards you a month or so back, what was the point??

People can take this anyway they want, however, I know that there are people out there who agree with me, but have not got the confidence to stand up and say what they feel. It is about time people open there mouth’s and speak, I remember the criticism BKB got off users when his mod first came out, and still now it is rare to see arse kissing on scale with the users playing this mod.

If this post is deleted, then I will post it again, I have done nothing but give honest, and imo helpful criticism. Why are we only permitted to give good feedback, free speech is a thing people have fought for, and I am using it now.
DUKE DICK aka THE MINGIN SMEGMA

saundersag
08-12-2004, 16:02
When playing your mod, i noticed that the venetians did not have any exclusive units. I have started an italian mod and so i have a few suggestions, for the venetians and genoese. You should have gendarme in both as gendarme were actually the name for a heavy cavlary mercenary from italy. They were part of conditorri. Also the genoese and pisans in italy were famous for their crossbowmen, for example many geneose crossbowmen had fought as mercenaries during the hundred year war. So i think you should have genoese crossbowmen, or maybe you could give crossbowmen units form genoa a bonus. I found a unit list made by angelenessuno for the two crowns mod. I hope it will give you some ideas for new units for the venetians.

MERCENARIES and venetian units

-''San Marco knight order''
San Marco order was composite by the Venetian Nobility
it was an elite unit of knight armoured with the best italian and german armours design,it was a mounted heavy troop well trained and equiped
(DJ i think that you can use them like royal knight .....Venice was a republic so there weren't the royal knight)

-''LANZE SPEZZATE''(heavy mounted man at arm)
Generalli the new permanently employed Horseman was know as a ''Lanze Spezzate'' or ''broken lance'' and stemmed from the fact that many of the first had either deserted from ''Condottieri''company or came from those whose leader had died : they were common in most italian Armies
They were heavy Men-at-arms that continued to use old cavalry tactics consisting of repeated frontal charges
-''Cavalleggeri'' (light mounted man at arm )
an heavy cavalry but the horses hadn't their armour

-North Italian Light cavalrymen ''CAVALLERIA LEGGERA''
Venetians and Italians cavalry were divided into light and heavy units,throught the main difference seem to have been
in the uses of otherwise of horse-armour
In the fiftheenth century italians light cavalrymen were quite heavily armoured by early standards
They charged the enemy with their lances ,after in the middle of battle they used their swords.
The primarily heavy cavalry tactics consisting of repeated frontal charges while the light cavalry must manouvre and charge the enemy in the flanks so
the light cavalry operated after the charge of the heavily mounted units

-''Heavy mounted Man-At arms''
they continued to use old fashioned cavalry tactics consisting of repeated frontal charges by relatively small formations. The italian man-at-arms were heavily armoured respect their 14th century counterparts .
They were equiped with italian armours that were famous for their design,unlike the best german armours,with their almost barbaric abundance of decoraytions the 15th century italian armor were strict and functionals as a modern warplane .

-''ARSENALOTTI''ELITE (doge's guard)
The Elite of Venetian infantry were drawn from the ranks of ''Arsenalotti'' They provided guards from the doge's palace and other governament buildings ,acting as a police force and even a fire-brigade,as well as furnishing detachments of well-equiped infantry

-''STRADIOTTOI''
Stradiotti were always lightly armoured or even unarmored ,they were recluited in the southen and eastenmost part of the venetian empire,maybe from Dalmatia and Istria ,it was a light skirmisher cavalry.
They fought primally with light spears,swords and Asian composited bow.
Their fighting style was very similar to light spanish cavalry who fought a' la jineta in Moorish style.
The stradiotti had shown their skill in counter-raiding,forming advance and rear guard ,harassing the foe in naval landing.
In Combat the stradiotti operated in a manner identical to their bizantine predecessors and muslim-turkish enemies :ropeating charging and withdrawing ,them couterattacking a foe who had become disourganised.

-''SFAKIOTY ''infantry Archers
They were recluited in the Venetian province of Crete,They fought for Venice but they were generally a source of rebels,brigands and pirates.We can have some doubt about their loyality specially because Crete vas famous for his Anti-Venetian Feeling
it was a light equiped gneraly unarmored archers that fought with normal bows .

-''ZAGADARI''
It was a heavy cavalry unit... generally mercenaries that came from Cristian European territory...the great part was recluited from german.

-''Mounted crossbowman''
They were included in a lot of european army but They played a mor significative role in italian armies.it operated as a skirmisher unit in open order avoiding frontal assoult

-''Mounted archibuisers''
Mounted archibuisers rarely used their weapons from horseback but were becoming popular as bodyguards.
Only at and of 15th century they begin to operate like skirmisher and counter-raiding units.The Famous Condottiery Jovanni of Black bard Had in is mercenaries army these units that operated specially in night raids
against enemy infantry units .These units of mounted archibuiser in jovanni army wore black armour so during night attacks the enemy had some problem to see and distinguish them

-''TARGHIERI''or (Pavise crossbowman)
-nothing to say they were common in all europe-

-''ROTULARII'' (an italian sword- and Buckler)
The italians sword -and bucker foot soldiers were a light fast and quick assault infantry distinguished by small round shield.Lightly equiped and trained for offensive fighting
This new type of unit is borned after the decline of the old urban militias in response to warfare in the broad flat lombard plain with its pachworks of river and canals

-''FOOT MAN AT ARM''

-''CROSSBOWMAN''

-''ARCHIBUISER''

-''Heavy Infantry with lances''

-''Italian Light Cavalry''

The role of light infantry was vital in those siege that dominated italian renaissance warfare .They were light armoured ,generally they used a large wooden shield that became charactheristic of italy's infantry. Their primarily arms were pole-weapons like spears
In Italy there was the tendency to use only a lef harnees worn on the vulnerable left leg ,wich was normally advanced foward when fighting in ranks.
The light italian infantry tradition is something similar to the english longbowmen ,or swiss pikeman tradition .
All infantry were trained to act in close co-operation with friendly cavalry and to attack enemy horsemen rathen than foot soldiers.
They would also engage the enemy in relatively open order avoiding frontal assault but moving fast and attempting to hit the enemy flanks
-''RONCOLIERI'' (billman)
The characteristic italian ''Roncone'' a version of the english bill provied inadeguate against the latest full plates cavalry .During Middle of 15th century they were still used but they were gradually replaced by the heavier swiss-style halberders
-''Archers''

-''Militia''
-common units-

-''PROVISIONATI''
Garrison units were naturally the first such permanent troops and were know as ''Provvisionati'' from their regular wage or ''provvisione''.
The great part of provisionati were infantry generally heavy equiped.
Like ''Lanze Spezzate'' cavalry units Provvisionati were common in most italians army

ABROUD MERCENARIES:

-Swiss pikeman

-german pikeman

-german hands gunner

VikingHorde
08-12-2004, 16:31
Well Viking Horde, I gave your XL mod the time and effort I believed it would take to thoroughly evaluate it, and I admit, at first I was expecting a BKB SuperMod-Lite, but you have overcome even my expectations, and made something that I could never imagine, a mod that pales in significance in every aspect to BKBs mod.

Firstly, I am sick and tired of all these people congratulating you on your units. I have looked through the mod, and I can see you have added around 30 or so. A nice number, but desperately smaller than BKB’s. So far, around 50 or so units have been released in early and high, and if what I believe is true, a lot more are on the way and a total of around 100 will have been made, sort of makes it feel like a vastly inferior number doesn’t it? In addition, I am disappointed by the variety of your units. Many feature identical shields, but with different patterns on. I can see you have made between 5 and 10 shields, which is a credible effort, but when you look at BKB’s you can see that for every unit, if space permits in the BIF folders, a new shield and/or weapon has been created. This makes every unit different in aspects, and induces a larger feeling of variety in my opinion.
I know you can counter these criticisms with the claim that “this is only a BETA, all will be dealt with in the final release”, and it is a valid argument, however, not long ago, you said to me that compared to BKB’s mod, yours would be better because there would be no BETA releases, only the final, I now see that this is a promise which has fallen through, as are the claims that you would make a superior mod than BKB.

The reson I have made a beta was, that I was running out of unit ideas for my mod. I have gotten a lot of feedback sens I released the beta, something that will make my mod a better one, than if I didn't make the beta. Im not going to say anything about the standards of other mods, becouse it's not up to me. I have a lot of Ideas on gameplay that I want to test, one of them is the trade, another is unit stats and last AI setup. Im not going to add as meny units as BKB, becouse theres a problem with it. Not all units will have dead body's, something I don't like. That makes the limit 256, a limit I will use!. I have never sayed that my mod is better, but I know that my 1.2 version is finished product and better than a my beta in terms of gameplay, becouse no errors. Thats allso why it says BETA. There will be a lot more shields comming up.

I am also sick and tired of people congratulating you on making the best mod ever. Anyone who says this is one of two groups of people, arse kissers or blind/deaf/dumb. How anyone can see the XL mod as being superior to BKB’s is beyond me. That is why I felt like saying this. Hardly anyone can find a bad word to say about your mod, and I thought it was time to bring you back to earth. Your modding skills, though good are not on par with BKB’s, but with time, they will improve, but I stand by my original argument I put towards you a month or so back, what was the point??

People can take this anyway they want, however, I know that there are people out there who agree with me, but have not got the confidence to stand up and say what they feel. It is about time people open there mouth’s and speak, I remember the criticism BKB got off users when his mod first came out, and still now it is rare to see arse kissing on scale with the users playing this mod.

If this post is deleted, then I will post it again, I have done nothing but give honest, and imo helpful criticism. Why are we only permitted to give good feedback, free speech is a thing people have fought for, and I am using it now. DUKE DICK

People know it's a beta and I have gotten bug replys as well. If a person only get kicked in the face and never any good replys, why continue making the mod. All people needs feedbacks in order to continue the work in the late hours. I got a fulltime job as a Lawyer, so my time is limited. I don't mind if you reply, but I only need replys that makes the mod better. I don't wan't a holy war.
I don't have a "I am a star" problem and my modding skills vs. BKB are not something that I wish to comment. I have learned a lot the last 5 mounths from "old school modders" at the forum and it has been great. I don't know if my mod will be superior to BKB, but I don't care. Im modding becouse it's fun and that's it.

VikingHorde
08-12-2004, 16:43
When playing your mod, i noticed that the venetians did not have any exclusive units. I have started an italian mod and so i have a few suggestions, for the venetians and genoese. You should have gendarme in both as gendarme were actually the name for a heavy cavlary mercenary from italy. They were part of conditorri. Also the genoese and pisans in italy were famous for their crossbowmen, for example many geneose crossbowmen had fought as mercenaries during the hundred year war. So i think you should have genoese crossbowmen, or maybe you could give crossbowmen units form genoa a bonus. I found a unit list made by angelenessuno for the two crowns mod. I hope it will give you some ideas for new units for the venetians.

Thanks for the reply. I will look at the list and see what I can use. Some of them are proberly after late period, but i will look into it.

I think I have enogth units now, so I just need to add them to the game. There are less than 20 unitspaces to be used, so im going to make a lot of grathics this weekend. Thanks for all of help guys! I hope the mod will live up to the amount of work done to find the units. All ideas on how to make the mod better is still wellcome.

EDIT: I have some ideas for some new building, stone works (can't remember the right english word), windmill/watermill (don't know if it's to early). Stone could be a new resource.

Despot of the English
08-12-2004, 17:01
I think I have enogth units now, so I just need to add them to the game. There are less than 20 unitspaces to be used, so im going to make a lot of grathics this weekend. Thanks for all of help guys! I hope the mod will live up to the amount of work done to find the units. All ideas on how to make the mod better is still wellcome.

I'll have a look at some Hospitaller units ~:) .

I have some ideas for some new building, stone works (can't remember the right english word), windmill/watermill (don't know if it's to early). Stone could be a new resource.

A Stone Quarry perhaps? How would these new buildings work and how would they benefit the player?

VikingHorde
08-12-2004, 17:16
I'll have a look at some Hospitaller units ~:) .

A Stone Quarry perhaps? How would these new buildings work and how would they benefit the player?

They could give trade and income like salt/silver/gold mines

VikingHorde
08-12-2004, 17:30
I am waiting for those files and I'll try to do my best.
When do you hope to release the final version?
~:wave:

I hope to release it late august. Im taking my time with unit graphics soo that they will look cool. I allso hope to solve the desciption problem soon, becouse Beetlio made some very good desciptions.

Despot of the English
08-13-2004, 12:23
I really like the idea of the banks VikingHorde :2thumbsup: . How about adding one or two more bank buildings so that the structures bring in even more money? After all they are banks :phonecall: .

VikingHorde
08-13-2004, 16:53
I could add a grand banker master banker (or something like that).

I really like the idea of the banks VikingHorde :2thumbsup: . How about adding one or two more bank buildings so that the structures bring in even more money? After all they are banks :phonecall: .

Borathor
08-13-2004, 23:29
A good mod I enjoyed playing it and the balance between the factions was great.

Think you should remove Switzerland and maybe Pereyaslavl to make room for a split of Greece, or maybe some other province. Either way I think that those two provinces can be of better use somewhere else on the map.

Also the tradable goods in Antioch is a bit strange, how come it has changed?

Despot of the English
08-14-2004, 13:26
That'd be a good idea: splitting Greece up and at the expense of a minor eastern European province perhaps?

Armchair Athlete
08-14-2004, 14:04
yeah I think maybe joining Pereyaslav with Kiev or Lesser Khazar would be a good idea - Greece is definately too big, maybe could be split into Thessaly and Thrace or something like that. I think Switzerland needs to stay though, we have to get those Swiss Pikemen somehow

Despot of the English
08-14-2004, 14:39
You can't get rid of Switzerland! :scastle:

Borathor
08-14-2004, 19:12
Ah, bleh.. Forgot those Swiss units, Pereyaslav then. ~:cheers:

VikingHorde
08-14-2004, 20:34
I could remove Pereyaslav and add a new greek province.

Armchair Athlete
08-15-2004, 02:21
Just been playing as the cumans, pretty fun, its tough when the horde comes around though! Maybe to help them you could also give them the Bashkorts (from the Volga-Bulgarians) if you add that unit - the javelins will really help. I also feel that the Cumans and the Volga Bulgarians could use a higher GA point count, as they lose their homelands pretty early in the high period and only have conquest to help them out. You could make it so they gain somewhere in the region of 10-15 points per count, like the Sicilians in Early and High before they lose their homelands in late. This would give them a nice stock of points they can sit on and still have a chance to win the game.

Armchair Athlete
08-15-2004, 12:34
Just been thinking, removing pereyaslev could cause some problems with the GA, might be better to keep it, there is a GA goal (not homelands or conquest) the Russians have which is to hold provinces against the Mongls, Pereyaslev being one of them. If it was removed, the that could cause some freezes or something, I dont know, it might do nothing, but then again it might not.

VikingHorde
08-15-2004, 16:08
Just been thinking, removing pereyaslev could cause some problems with the GA, might be better to keep it, there is a GA goal (not homelands or conquest) the Russians have which is to hold provinces against the Mongls, Pereyaslev being one of them. If it was removed, the that could cause some freezes or something, I dont know, it might do nothing, but then again it might not.

You are proberly right about the GA, so I have to make some tests before editing the map.

Achilles
08-15-2004, 16:30
Lombard Cavarly/ Italian Mercenaries (Italian and Mercenaries from Inn)
Jewish Fanatics (Any Jewish Faction)
Armenian Heavy Infanry (Armenia)
Korean Archers (Mercenaries)
Chininse Royal Guard (Mercenaries)
London Miltia (English)

I'm Thracian just under the name Achilles.

Armchair Athlete
08-16-2004, 09:36
Just been playing a game as the Burgundians (Late/GA), pretty fun at the moment, conquered Provence, Savoy, Switzerland and Toulouse, engaged in a full on war with the French at the moment, just some more suggestions though.

Perhaps you could make it so that every faction has at least one province able to build assassins at the start of the high/late period, its too damn annoying when the AI send Inquisitors up to burn all your generals and you have to wait several years for the infrastructure to be built before you can train assassins. This is especially important with smaller factions.

With Milan and Tuscany, I feel that in High and Late periods they can be given to someone else. At around about the start of the high period was Barbarossas campaign against the Italian City States led by Milan, so to reflect that Milan and Tuscany can be divided between Genoa and Venice. In the Late period the italian states were well out of grasp of the HRE. Perhaps Venice can recieve Milan, as they often made alliances with Milan against Genoa, and Genoa can receive Tuscany, as they were most active in that region having several territorial holdings and allied cities. I tried experimenting with having them rebel, but the Pope snaps them up VERY quickly, unifies the Italian Penninsular and goes on to re-create the Roman Empire :charge:
Possibly in Early the same thing could happen, as it makes the Holy Roman Empire goal the germans have much easier becuase they already own two of the starting provinces. On a somewhat related note it would be nice if the HRE recieved more garrison troops so they last more than 30 turns against the French. I dont know if it is possible to give the HR Emperor more starting influence as well, say 6 or so, this will help prevent early civil wars and collapses.

PseRamesses
08-16-2004, 10:54
It has been an ongoing debate since the release of MTW regarding the stability of HRE. Now, historically HRE was in turmoil most of its time so an occasion civil war is historically correct. The main problem is, not only with HRE, the AI´s ability to prioritize or the lack of it.
In every darn game I´ve played HRE collapses and looses core states to the rebs, gets divided, holding northern and southern provs and just sits there without even attempting to regain lost homelands????! This is amazingly stupid. Then to add to the AI´s stupidity HRE always declare mulitple wars and gets x-commed. Upping the kings influence, give them good stats and reduce rebellious tendencies in HRE´s homelands is the only way to go. And now, with XL, Bohemia is added, which makes the division/ collapse a 100% guarantee.
Other things that´s bugging me a lot is that France always pushes east into HRE rather than making the more obvious choice, declare war on England kick them out. I´ve played the English so many times since they are one of my favs, and I´ve never got into a war with France. I even leave only 100 men in each french prov to lure them but nothing happens. It´s the same thing with the Spanish always aiming for France rather than unifying the Iberian penninsula. The Eggys are keen on the Balkans almost like it were their homelands etc etc.
Now, VH has taken away valour in some provs like Wessex, Portucale, Denmark and that really improved the AI´s ability to make some sound investments in infrastructure, tech upgrades and unit quality. I only whish that the AI would "think" like a whole complete faction when it makes moves for them rather than fragment everything down to province level.

Armchair Athlete
08-16-2004, 11:10
One thing that I have noticed is that the Byzantines seem to have a high influence 'base', when their rulers reach age they nearly always have at least 6 influence, regrdless of how high or low the previous ruler's influence was. i have only ever seen a Byzantine civil war once. Conversely, the HRE (and the Egyptians, Almohads and Italians) seem to have a low influence base, when I play and my 9 influence king dies the new one is nearly always only about 5 or 6. I dont know if it is possible to give the HRE a high influence base like the Byzantines enjoy, this should help them out immensly. Its a shame there is no feature in MTW like the AI attaching value to certain provinces (like homelands or something) and trying at all costs to keep them or capture them. Hopefully they will have it in RTW.

VikingHorde
08-16-2004, 16:57
@Achilles
Thank for the unit ideas, i'll write them down for later use.

@Armchair Athlete and PseRamesses
There is a problem with the HRE that needs to be corrected. Maybe more units will solve the problem or making the HRE's Italian provinces rebel (or even give them to genoa and venice).

Armchair Athlete
08-18-2004, 08:16
Hey Viking Horde, just another suggestion in late the French are too overpowered, their farmlands are very rich and they have reasonably good troop producing buildings, so they can make heaps of troops, plus they have most of the titles that give command bonuses available straight away, and get quite a few good hero generals. I suggest to balance them more you could remove the title giving buildings (such as Marshalls Palace and so on) so they at least can't have 6 star generals running around everywhere. I tried it and this makes them much more manageable, and gives the English, HRE, Aragonese and Burgundians a chance.

EDIT - Also making the French lose their ships will help out the English, so that they are able to reinforce Aquitine when the French invariably decide to attack it.

VikingHorde
08-18-2004, 09:01
Hi Armchair Athlete
Thanks for finding a solution for the problem, becouse Im too bussy making new units ~D . My mod mod now has a total of 23 new shields and im still adding. ~:p

I have a little question about the scots, are the units setup (are they too bravehart looking). The highland scot should maybe be special units for all and lowland scot (the faction) more like the english having FMAA and stuff. The question is much the same with the Irish.

Hey Viking Horde, just another suggestion in late the French are too overpowered, their farmlands are very rich and they have reasonably good troop producing buildings, so they can make heaps of troops, plus they have most of the titles that give command bonuses available straight away, and get quite a few good hero generals. I suggest to balance them more you could remove the title giving buildings (such as Marshalls Palace and so on) so they at least can't have 6 star generals running around everywhere. I tried it and this makes them much more manageable, and gives the English, HRE, Aragonese and Burgundians a chance.

EDIT - Also making the French lose their ships will help out the English, so that they are able to reinforce Aquitine when the French invariably decide to attack it.

Achilles
08-18-2004, 09:24
How about adding some Historical battles in the Game and some events in Campiagn like the welsh rebellion of 1402 led by owen Grifynder and make the black death have more of an impact.

Turkish mounted Handgunners
Bulgarian Armoured Pikemen
Japanase mercenary samurai
Norsemen Warriors

VikingHorde
08-18-2004, 09:44
How about adding some Historical battles in the Game and some events in Campiagn like the welsh rebellion of 1402 led by owen Grifynder and make the black death have more of an impact.

Turkish mounted Handgunners
Bulgarian Armoured Pikemen
Japanase mercenary samurai
Norsemen Warriors

Hmm.. Maybe I will (If I have the time, RTW release pressure ~;) ). I have never made a Historical battle before, so it could be fun. Are events not hardcoded?

Armchair Athlete
08-18-2004, 10:53
hmmm well Scottish/Irish history is not really my forte, I'm sure there are some Brits out there that know more about it than me but I dont really think the unit list is too much like a scene from Braveheart. I dont know if you are adding any new units to either faction for the final release. In the Late period however, the Scottish had much more organisation in their forces, and Scottish Pikemen were well renowned and also some were used as mercenaries by the French in the 100 years war (its just that English Longbowmen > Scottish Pikemen). So maybe in the Late period you could make Scotland have a County Militia constructed and give a valour bonus to Pikemen in Scotland. From what little I have read they also definately had men at arms at that point in time, so maybe you could give them Feudal Men at arms. I was under the impression that their men at arms were inferior to their English counterparts, so dont give them Chivalric MAA. The Irish I have no clue about whatsoever. Doesn't Scotland have quite a few mines though? If that is the case, then you could put a gold and silver mine in Scotland (fully constructed) this should help out the Scottish economy (Scotland has poor farming and farming in the rest of Britain is not that great either).

EDIT - Also giving the Scottish King more stars could help them survive a bit better. Same with the Bulgarians (they always seem to be killed off fairly quickly too).

VikingHorde
08-18-2004, 16:56
hmmm well Scottish/Irish history is not really my forte, I'm sure there are some Brits out there that know more about it than me but I dont really think the unit list is too much like a scene from Braveheart. I dont know if you are adding any new units to either faction for the final release. In the Late period however, the Scottish had much more organisation in their forces, and Scottish Pikemen were well renowned and also some were used as mercenaries by the French in the 100 years war (its just that English Longbowmen > Scottish Pikemen). So maybe in the Late period you could make Scotland have a County Militia constructed and give a valour bonus to Pikemen in Scotland. From what little I have read they also definately had men at arms at that point in time, so maybe you could give them Feudal Men at arms. I was under the impression that their men at arms were inferior to their English counterparts, so dont give them Chivalric MAA. The Irish I have no clue about whatsoever. Doesn't Scotland have quite a few mines though? If that is the case, then you could put a gold and silver mine in Scotland (fully constructed) this should help out the Scottish economy (Scotland has poor farming and farming in the rest of Britain is not that great either).

EDIT - Also giving the Scottish King more stars could help them survive a bit better. Same with the Bulgarians (they always seem to be killed off fairly quickly too).

Giving the scots FMAA is proberly good, but they will have them from early period (because it will take a unit space in the prod. file!). I don't know about the mines, but if there is gold then they should have some.

Despot of the English
08-21-2004, 16:11
Just a small thing. I was just thinking about the Norman Foot Knights: perhaps it would be better to call them Norman Men-at-Arms because they're not really knights are they?

VikingHorde
08-21-2004, 16:26
Just a small thing. I was just thinking about the Norman Foot Knights: perhaps it would be better to call them Norman Men-at-Arms because they're not really knights are they?

Hmm. I don't know, have not reed much about them.

Armchair Athlete
08-21-2004, 20:31
Actually they were properly dismounted kights in most cases. Famous for their double handed swords (when fighting dismounted) and their kite shaped shield. The Normans in Sicily anyway did not bring many retainers and so forth, it was usually the poorer ones that individually went in order to make a fortune plundering the richer towns and cities in Southern Italy, and hiring themselves out as mercenaries (until they realised that they were the most powerful in Southern Italy and unnited). In England it was a different story, they did have squires and so on, but these I think can be filled quite well by the already existing FMAA, CMAA and so on.

VikingHorde
08-22-2004, 00:31
Actually they were properly dismounted kights in most cases. Famous for their double handed swords (when fighting dismounted) and their kite shaped shield. The Normans in Sicily anyway did not bring many retainers and so forth, it was usually the poorer ones that individually went in order to make a fortune plundering the richer towns and cities in Southern Italy, and hiring themselves out as mercenaries (until they realised that they were the most powerful in Southern Italy and unnited). In England it was a different story, they did have squires and so on, but these I think can be filled quite well by the already existing FMAA, CMAA and so on.

I have allready added Norman Footknights, but I could of couse make them Sicilian only and have Norman knights dismount info FMAA or something like that. The main problem would be Norman knights dismount into Norman Footknights when dismounting. I have found a good Norman shield at www.mackenziesmith.com, very good armour there. It's just a shame it's in the US, becouse I would love to get my hands on a Crusaders great helm or some gothic armour (if I had the money :p ).

Turbo
08-22-2004, 16:08
I have added the volga bulgarians who are a muslim faction. I will maybe add the Portugese, but then I'l have to take out one of the other factions. I finde the swiss a bit odd faction, not having a big role in medieval history. They are so small, so maybe the will go. Any surgestions?
I have had some minor problem with the mod (vasted 3 day, sucks), but it is working fine now http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif . The last shields are being made and i'm balancing the factions. I hope the mod is ready Monday http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif

Good historical fact with the Volga Bulgarians being muslim not pagan. I was skeptical until I did a bit of research and found out Islam spread through trade relations with the Muslims.

VikingHorde
08-22-2004, 16:48
Good historical fact with the Volga Bulgarians being muslim not pagan. I was skeptical until I did a bit of research and found out Islam spread through trade relations with the Muslims.

Jepp, I was allso supprised when I reed it, becouse I had them as pagans in the beginning. They were the most northen muslime people back then and still are today (I think).

Armchair Athlete
08-23-2004, 13:57
So how is the final release coming along? I bet you're a bit distracted with the RTW demo out now! Any plans for modding RTW yet?

VikingHorde
08-23-2004, 16:44
So how is the final release coming along? I bet you're a bit distracted with the RTW demo out now! Any plans for modding RTW yet?
Im downloading the demo now, so it will be fun to see how modable it will be (if the demo can say anything). I think the full game will come in oktober or november, but we will see ~;)

The final release is coming on nicely, have been bussy adding the last units and balancing the game. It will proberly be about two weeks sadly, becouse there is still a lot to be done. The unit morale needs to be ajusted a bit and the loc files need to be translated into german and spanish once im done with them (allmost done).

A MTW mod could be nice, but we will see. The next project will be FotN, but I might do some modding on my own too.

william the bastard
08-23-2004, 21:10
wait for your work :party2: you done great work mate ~:cheers: sorry for my f...ing english spoken :embarassed: need to practise more but french forums are more boring than this one

william the bastard
08-23-2004, 21:13
Forgot ~D
Good luck with FotNM mod I waiting for it

VikingHorde
08-24-2004, 16:13
Forgot ~D
Good luck with FotNM mod I waiting for it

Thanks, I think it will be a cool mod once it is finished. I like the viking era, but VI was a little to small IMHO. ~D

VikingHorde
08-25-2004, 15:31
I would like to get some feedback on unit morale, allso a view on how morale should be would be great. The final release is making good progress, so better unit balance could be cool. :tomato: ~D

Armchair Athlete
08-26-2004, 01:53
I think it was a fairly good move to increase units morale to make the game harder, expert will definately be a challenge now! However, with some units, low morale was their only real weakness. For example, with Halberdiers you also boosted their attack and morale. There is now no real reason to use Chivalric Men at arms, as Halberdiers have a higher attack (once the armour piercing effect is taken into account), higher defense, bonus vs Cavalry, higher armour and equal morale for only less speed. A bit the same with Foresters, for only 75 florins you get a very high morale, high charge, armour piercing unit. I think that if maybe morale increases were done by a constant factor accross the board, (like you did with farming increases) adding +2 or +4 or something, it would not boost those low morale units unreasonably. In effect, I guess it would be a bit like playing expert difficulty in normal, but made harder due to the trade reduction and additional provinces reducing blitz strategies.

EDIT - also, if you wanted to greatly boost the morale of some units, you could just increase their cost or something.

VikingHorde
08-26-2004, 12:56
I think it was a fairly good move to increase units morale to make the game harder, expert will definately be a challenge now! However, with some units, low morale was their only real weakness. For example, with Halberdiers you also boosted their attack and morale. There is now no real reason to use Chivalric Men at arms, as Halberdiers have a higher attack (once the armour piercing effect is taken into account), higher defense, bonus vs Cavalry, higher armour and equal morale for only less speed. A bit the same with Foresters, for only 75 florins you get a very high morale, high charge, armour piercing unit. I think that if maybe morale increases were done by a constant factor accross the board, (like you did with farming increases) adding +2 or +4 or something, it would not boost those low morale units unreasonably. In effect, I guess it would be a bit like playing expert difficulty in normal, but made harder due to the trade reduction and additional provinces reducing blitz strategies.

EDIT - also, if you wanted to greatly boost the morale of some units, you could just increase their cost or something.

Halberdiers proberly have the biggest balance problem, so im going to edit them a bit. Foresters are allso i bit overpowered. Maybe reducing the morale by 2-3 on a lot of units would be good. My biggest problem is the +4-5 morale on expert, making units fight to the end (like knights).

Armchair Athlete
08-28-2004, 09:08
Just one more minor suggestion VH could you possibly make Polish retainers a little more useful? Maybe make them all periods as opposed to only high and late or increase their movement speed to 20,24,26 (fast cavalry). As they can only be had in high and late there is not much point building them, as they are impetuous like Chivalric Knights, but with worse stats and can only be built in two provinces. Mght as well just build Chivalric Knights. Making them available in early I think would be the best way to go.

Teutonic
08-28-2004, 12:35
Hey Viking!
You have to wait until i have finished German version...I have a lot of work to do, so it wont be finish in the next time...im very sorry, but i do all I can.

Greetz teutonic

VikingHorde
08-28-2004, 16:28
@Teutonic
I have just send you the files, so you can translate them when you have time. The files are better organized now, having most changes at the end of the file. :knight:

@Armchair Athlete
Could be a good idea, i'll write it down in my changes list for later use.

Dyonisius
09-04-2004, 02:55
There seems to be a problem with the musicpack, I think the startposfiles,
when I start MTW it says something like Error Burgundians_DN....

JR-
09-04-2004, 12:44
FotN? my acronym translator failed me on this one......... ~:confused:

i very much like the look of this mod as i have played the vanilla version of M:TW to death over the last two years, but i have a few Q's:

1) does XL require its own clean install, or is it an expansion?
2) if it is a TC, do the events from M:TW (vanilla) still exist?
3) when was 2.0beta released?
4) will the next/last version due out in a week or so be 2.0final?

thanks

PeegeeTips

VikingHorde
09-04-2004, 15:53
There seems to be a problem with the musicpack, I think the startposfiles,
when I start MTW it says something like Error Burgundians_DN....
The music pack only works with the 1.2 version, not the 2.0 beta.

FotN? my acronym translator failed me on this one......... ~:confused:

i very much like the look of this mod as i have played the vanilla version of M:TW to death over the last two years, but i have a few Q's:

1) does XL require its own clean install, or is it an expansion?
2) if it is a TC, do the events from M:TW (vanilla) still exist?
3) when was 2.0beta released?
4) will the next/last version due out in a week or so be 2.0final?

thanks

PeegeeTips

FotN is the Fury of the Northmen project.

1) My mod needs a clean install, because almost all mods changes the original files. The old game can still be played.
2) Events? I think so, but don't know for sure what you mean.
3) The 2.0 Beta was released about 26/7.
4) Jepp, it will be the final. There has been some delays, but it will be out in a week. The last graphic will be done this weekend and the next week will be used for balancing, improving AI setup, and removing the last few bugs (if any).

EDIT: The 2.0 beta is an addon.

JR-
09-04-2004, 16:01
ace, cheers.

i'd love to have a condensed list of which mods work as an expansion, which are a TC but don't affect the original game, and which overwrite the original game completely.
but cheers for the info.

events as in "The Blind Hermit has proclaimed himself in Wallachia, and calls for an end to serfdom in the kingdom" - and you find that the provinces loyalty has gone through the floor, quick, lower the taxes and beef up the garrison!

i'm moving house on Thursday, so will be without t'internet from wednesday onwards fro about three weeks, i guess i shall have to d/l it at work and burn it to CD. :D

VikingHorde
09-04-2004, 16:16
ace, cheers.

i'd love to have a condensed list of which mods work as an expansion, which are a TC but don't affect the original game, and which overwrite the original game completely.
but cheers for the info.

events as in "The Blind Hermit has proclaimed himself in Wallachia, and calls for an end to serfdom in the kingdom" - and you find that the provinces loyalty has gone through the floor, quick, lower the taxes and beef up the garrison!

i'm moving house on Thursday, so will be without t'internet from wednesday onwards fro about three weeks, i guess i shall have to d/l it at work and burn it to CD. :D
Okey, those events are still there (both old and new game). The final version of my mod will be an overwrite mod, but the old game can be play with the new map. It reduce download size and I find an overwrite more stable than an addon. All info about the mod and download links are on page one.

JR-
09-04-2004, 16:46
thank you.

Dyonisius
09-04-2004, 20:04
I just started playing, and like what you have done to the old units and shields, they look much better. Also like that the AI builds less peasants, so making it more challenging. Hope you also make new info pics for the new units, I really like that.

Cheers!!

VikingHorde
09-05-2004, 15:53
I just started playing, and like what you have done to the old units and shields, they look much better. Also like that the AI builds less peasants, so making it more challenging. Hope you also make new info pics for the new units, I really like that.

Cheers!!

I will make some if I find enogth sparetime for it, but most units will have the original ones. I have used most of my time on battlefield graphics, shields and stuff, so info pics has not been high on my list. New graphics will properly look very different and with RTW comming soon, I'll properly have to cut down on new stuff to add.

JR-
09-05-2004, 16:11
just get 2.0final out the door asap. :D

Belisarivs
09-07-2004, 08:39
Hi all. I've found nice and simple way to reduce size of mod AND make it selfinstaler. Download NSIS, install it and go to Bin folder in folder where you installed NSIS and run zip2exe. It will convert zip file to selfinstaller and if you choose lzma algorithm, it's size will be reduced very heavily. Examples: Fall of Rome 2.0 from 24 - 26 MB to 14,5 MB, BKB supermod Superearly from about 44 - 46 MB to 24 MB. If you don't believe, try it and you will believe it. NIS Edit can be downloaded for aditional options like writing to registry, makng uninstall ......

Armchair Athlete
09-07-2004, 10:28
Hey VH, last couple of small suggestions before the mod get released, maybe in the late period you could change the faction behaviour of the Hospitallers and the Crusaders to CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST, so they build more ships, to stop them getting their fleet sunk and just sitting on their islands for the rest of the game. It seems to work pretty well for the Sicilians, and it would also be historically accurate, (for the Hospitallers anyway) as piracy and selling pirating contracts for raiding Muslim shipping was the major source of income. Maybe one or two more ships at the start will help them a bit more too.

EDIT - btw also noticed that you made the homelands section for GA modification actually readable. It was a mess in there before, that must have taken a while! Thanks for that.

VikingHorde
09-07-2004, 17:55
Hey VH, last couple of small suggestions before the mod get released, maybe in the late period you could change the faction behaviour of the Hospitallers and the Crusaders to CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST, so they build more ships, to stop them getting their fleet sunk and just sitting on their islands for the rest of the game. It seems to work pretty well for the Sicilians, and it would also be historically accurate, (for the Hospitallers anyway) as piracy and selling pirating contracts for raiding Muslim shipping was the major source of income. Maybe one or two more ships at the start will help them a bit more too.

EDIT - btw also noticed that you made the homelands section for GA modification actually readable. It was a mess in there before, that must have taken a while! Thanks for that.

I'll look into it, but I will maybe make them CATHOLIC_TRADER because the EXPANSIONIST behaviour makes the AI rather stupid. The GA files took a lot of time to make, but it makes editing a lot easyer.

Hi all. I've found nice and simple way to reduce size of mod AND make it selfinstaler. Download NSIS, install it and go to Bin folder in folder where you installed NSIS and run zip2exe. It will convert zip file to selfinstaller and if you choose lzma algorithm, it's size will be reduced very heavily. Examples: Fall of Rome 2.0 from 24 - 26 MB to 14,5 MB, BKB supermod Superearly from about 44 - 46 MB to 24 MB. If you don't believe, try it and you will believe it. NIS Edit can be downloaded for aditional options like writing to registry, makng uninstall ......

I'll try out this program to see if it's better than the current one. Thanks for posting. :bow:

JR-
09-07-2004, 18:11
i'm about to lose my net connection for three weeks while i move house, finish it man! ~D

VikingHorde
09-07-2004, 19:09
i'm about to lose my net connection for three weeks while i move house, finish it man! ~D
lol, Im doing the best I can ~D

Armchair Athlete
09-10-2004, 01:17
one last bug I noticed which is pretty easily fixed but when the papacy re-emerged they had a fair few units of Pictish mounted x-bows.

VikingHorde
09-10-2004, 17:48
one last bug I noticed which is pretty easily fixed but when the papacy re-emerged they had a fair few units of Pictish mounted x-bows.

Thanks, I'll fix that one ~:wave:

vladthewallachian
09-10-2004, 21:07
@VH
Can't wait to see any other new mods that you are creating! Keep on trucking VH. ~:pimp:

Armchair Athlete
09-12-2004, 00:18
hey VH, hows work going on the final release? Still on track for a release at the end of this weekend? What changes have you done so far?

VikingHorde
09-12-2004, 18:32
hey VH, hows work going on the final release? Still on track for a release at the end of this weekend? What changes have you done so far?
Very good, I will properly release it tomorrow evening. Im allmost done balancing the mod and I only need to add a few buildings. There have been made changes to units for better balance and graphics. AI settings have allso improved so that it will build better units and buildings. Lots of changes, can't remember all of them ~:dizzy: I think gameplay will get a lot better. ~D

vladthewallachian
09-13-2004, 05:09
@VH
Goodluck to ya son! Hope this mod does you justice. Pardon my trucker accent. See ya on the flipside VH! I'm gone! ~:pimp:

VikingHorde
09-14-2004, 11:27
Im going to uploade the final version of my mod tonight when I get home from work. There will be a small 30 mb version and a 100 mb large version.

Fluke
09-14-2004, 17:45
Great news! :jumping:

VikingHorde
09-14-2004, 17:49
Great news! :jumping:

Jepp, uploading right now. The big version is about 140 mb, so it's bigger than I thought. The small version is still about 28 mb.

william the bastard
09-14-2004, 20:59
great new! i am in my watchtower ~:cheers: ~:pat:

vladthewallachian
09-14-2004, 21:15
@VH
Where will this new mod be able to be downloaded at? Is it at 3Ddownloads? Let me know which site man. Thanks! I'm gone! ~:pimp:

VikingHorde
09-14-2004, 21:24
@VH
Where will this new mod be able to be downloaded at? Is it at 3Ddownloads? Let me know which site man. Thanks! I'm gone! ~:pimp:
Im uploading it to Tosa's server and he will then upload it to the 3Ddownloads server. Sadly Tosa's server has just went offline and I have only uploaded the small version and 70% of the large version. I hope the server will get online again soon or I will have to upload the rest when I get home from work tomorrow. ~:(

vladthewallachian
09-14-2004, 21:28
@VH
Ok! No pressure or anything. Just let know when and where. By the way, excellent work so far. Hope for the best lad! Cheers! ~:cheers:

Armchair Athlete
09-14-2004, 22:30
Im uploading it to Tosa's server and he will then upload it to the 3Ddownloads server. Sadly Tosa's server has just went offline and I have only uploaded the small version and 70% of the large version. I hope the server will get online again soon or I will have to upload the rest when I get home from work tomorrow. ~:(

Thats alright, means I will probably get the mod on my birthday! Whats the diference between the small version and the large version? Is one just an update for the Beta patch and the other stand alone or something?

VikingHorde
09-15-2004, 12:13
Thats alright, means I will probably get the mod on my birthday! Whats the diference between the small version and the large version? Is one just an update for the Beta patch and the other stand alone or something?
The small one uses the old original background map, so the map is not correct because of the new provinces. The big one has the new correct background map and the music from the music pack.

JR-
09-15-2004, 13:44
what time GMT will XL (large) be fully hosted and ready for d/l?

oh, and thankyou very much.

VikingHorde
09-15-2004, 13:47
what time GMT will XL (large) be fully hosted and ready for d/l?

oh, and thankyou very much.

When I have uploaded the mod, then it will be all up to Tosa. I hope sometime tonight.

JR-
09-15-2004, 14:05
ok, cheers.

JR-
09-15-2004, 14:09
when you Tosa, you mean its going to be hosted by totalwar.org?

and what filename am i looking for, "XL 2.0 final"?

thanks

VikingHorde
09-15-2004, 14:21
when you Tosa, you mean its going to be hosted by totalwar.org?

and what filename am i looking for, "XL 2.0 final"?

thanks

The mod is uploaded to Tosa's server and then he will upload it to 3Ddownloads. I will post a link when it's done.

VikingHorde
09-15-2004, 19:02
Here is the temperary link for the new mod :evilgrin:

The small version:
http://212.238.194.39/files/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=vik/&file=VH_MTW_XL2_Light.exe

The big one:
http://212.238.194.39/files/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=vik/&file=VH_MTW_XL2_Full.exe

Enjoy!!! :charge:

JR-
09-15-2004, 19:16
d/l'ing now, congratulations. :)

JR-
09-15-2004, 21:25
rats! the download just decided to grind to a halt. :(

VikingHorde
09-15-2004, 21:36
rats! the download just decided to grind to a halt. :(

Tosa's server has gone down :wall:

JR-
09-15-2004, 22:03
second attempt looks like its gonna be a failure.............

hows's 3d downloads going?

VikingHorde
09-15-2004, 22:33
second attempt looks like its gonna be a failure.............

hows's 3d downloads going?

Tosa will upload the files tomorrow, early I hope.

Armchair Athlete
09-16-2004, 05:01
Excellent work VH! I have downloaded the small version of the mod from tosa's server, the bigger one was downloading at 10kb a second and I couldn't wait that long, I'll get it when it appears on 3d Downloads. I like the new colours for the factions, and the new units looks awesome! An excellent mod, especially like the fact that GA is playable. I also see you added some new heroes too! I recommend you announce the final version (when it is hosted at 3d dowloads) in the main hall and entrance hall too, not that many people read the engineers guild so a lot wont know about it. Well I guess this is it then, if you do end up making a mod for RTW based in the medieval ages make sure you start a thread on it, cause I would love to help with research or anything like that! Good luck for future modding efforts!

Magraev
09-16-2004, 12:17
I just downloaded the large mod (phew) and I'm ready to install. This looks like a GREAT mod.

I suppose I just doubleclick and it put everything where it's supposed to go. Any files I should backup??

JR-
09-16-2004, 12:49
dammit, you've made me try d/l'ing the large version again. :p

VikingHorde
09-16-2004, 13:19
I just downloaded the large mod (phew) and I'm ready to install. This looks like a GREAT mod.

I suppose I just doubleclick and it put everything where it's supposed to go. Any files I should backup??

If you would like to play the game with the old map and provinces, then it's good idea to backup the
textures\map folder
loc\eng (or spanish)
campmap\startpos folder

You could also just backup the old save files and reinstall the game when you don't want to play the XL mod anymore (if that happens ~;) ~;p )

@Peregrine_Tergiversate
~D

JR-
09-16-2004, 16:55
come on Tosa......................... ~:)

Fluke
09-16-2004, 19:17
I was able to grab the large file last night. It installed perfectly and I spent a couple of hours on a very fun game as the Hospitallers. After a few turns I invaded Tripoli with everything I had, leaving nothing on my home island. The Egyption counter attacks were vicious and I barely hung on, moving a new unit in every turn. Then the Spanish passed through the area on the way to Palestine during another Egyption counter attack. The pre battle screen showed the Spanish as an allied force. I thought thank god! But after we beat off the Egyptians the SPanish proceeded to attack what was left of my already small force! My king saved the day, personally driving off the very last of the Spanish units. When it was all done I had fewer than 100 men and the siege of Tripoli was almost complete. I sent in one more unit and thankfully the Egyptians chose not to attack again and the Spanish had left on their merry way to Palestine.

What a great mod. Thank you VH!

vladthewallachian
09-16-2004, 21:15
@VH
Can not find 2.0 Full mod at 3Ddownloads. Where is it? :wall:

VikingHorde
09-16-2004, 21:27
@VH
Can not find 2.0 Full mod at 3Ddownloads. Where is it? :wall:

I have just gotten a mail from Tosa saying that it will have to wait for a while, so you will have to download from the small server for now. You can allways take the map from beta version and use it for the small final version. Just copy the files from textures\map\xl into textures\map. That should do it. ~:wave:

EDIT: You will of couse not get the new music then ~;)

william the bastard
09-16-2004, 21:40
just wait few days before d/l and got it :barrel: i let all others guys smash on it :mad: :mad: :mad:

vladthewallachian
09-16-2004, 22:15
@VH
Ok! I can't just as well as the others. By the way good job ole boy. Cheers! ~:cheers:

Admin
09-16-2004, 22:23
Hello,

People are constantly downloading from the homeserver since yesterday and that's what it is for.

FTP'ing files to other servers is slow for me now. The small file is uploading now: 1.5-3kbs. It will take time.

Use a downloadmanager Peregrine_Tergiversate so you can resume?

JR-
09-16-2004, 22:56
oh well, i have left the work server d/l'ing it overnight, that will have to do.

Mudshovel
09-17-2004, 03:15
Hi Viking Horde , this mod is excellent! but i have a dude , which mod is the best? BKB or MTW XL ???? i like your mod , maybe you can create new provinces and new units to the golden horde? units of the shogun total war??????? because they have few units , they canot win , only they can win with their vast numbers , excelent job! ~:cheers:

VikingHorde
09-17-2004, 09:12
Hi Viking Horde , this mod is excellent! but i have a dude , which mod is the best? BKB or MTW XL ???? i like your mod , maybe you can create new provinces and new units to the golden horde? units of the shogun total war??????? because they have few units , they canot win , only they can win with their vast numbers , excelent job! ~:cheers:

Did you download the new final version? The new one has new golden horde units from STW.

The best mod? Can't say, some like BKBs' mod, some like medmod and some like the XL mod. The only way to know is trying them out, they are all unique mods in there own way.

JR-
09-17-2004, 09:25
Garrgghh! :wall:

i slowly d/l'ed it on the work server overnight, not expecting it to finish at all.
i come into work, find it finished, delightedly transfer it by USB pendrive to my laptop, and double-click on the .exe.
"this file contains invalid data"
:no:

VikingHorde
09-17-2004, 10:18
Garrgghh! :wall:

i slowly d/l'ed it on the work server overnight, not expecting it to finish at all.
i come into work, find it finished, delightedly transfer it by USB pendrive to my laptop, and double-click on the .exe.
"this file contains invalid data"
:no:

The file is about 140 mb, so maybe it wasn't finished downloading it (or some kind of error happened). I can only hope that it soon can be uploaded to 3D downloads server.

Mudshovel
09-17-2004, 17:27
A simple , but very important kuestion :

Hi again Viking Horde , I have a kuestion , if i have the MTW XL 1.0 , i need the MTW XL 2.0 full version or only the 2.0 light version?????????

This 2.0 version include new provinces?????? :skull:

VikingHorde
09-17-2004, 17:39
A simple , but very important kuestion :

Hi again Viking Horde , I have a kuestion , if i have the MTW XL 1.0 , i need the MTW XL 2.0 full version or only the 2.0 light version?????????

This 2.0 version include new provinces?????? :skull:

The 1.0 version is not needed. If you have a slow internet connection, then the light version is the one you should download (28 mb). If you have a fast connection, then go for the big one (140 mb). The two version are almost identical, however the small one dosn't have a new background map with the names of the new provinces (keeps the old one). The big version has new music and a new background map with all province names (incl. the new provinces).

Mudshovel
09-17-2004, 18:05
Thanks for the help , one last kuestion , this light version has new provinces or not? and how many provinces now are in the 2.0 full , 9? 10? 11?
this is the last version of the mod??? very god jobbb and why you dont add sahara to the provinces like other mods?

thanks ~:wave: ~:wave:

VikingHorde
09-17-2004, 19:38
Thanks for the help , one last kuestion , this light version has new provinces or not? and how many provinces now are in the 2.0 full , 9? 10? 11?
this is the last version of the mod??? very god jobbb and why you dont add sahara to the provinces like other mods?

thanks ~:wave: ~:wave:

Both mods have 9 new provinces. Sahara has been taken away and replaced with a new province. I have no plans of making a new version of the mod, but I will studie RTW to see how modding frendly it is.

vladthewallachian
09-17-2004, 20:01
@VH
I think Tosa is having a bit of a problem with the 3ddownload server. Can not seem to find the latest two mods on there. Saw the light mod on there two days ago, but now it is gone. Oh well! Just drop me a line when the bigger mod can be downloaded. I tried the temporary site, but it stoped. I have a very fast connection so all I will do is wait and believe you me I can wait along time. No pressure and no rush mate. Some people don't realize the fact that things do go wrong with internet and computers. By the way, I've been thinking about purchasing RTW. What do you think about this new game? Would like to hear all the info you might have on it. I'm not a modder and it is probably great that I am not, because I am not capable and do not have the talent to make mods like this. Anywho, great work and keep on trucking lad! I'm gone! ~:cheers:

"There ain't nothing better in life than driving a big ole truck!" ~:wave:

Sociopsychoactive
09-17-2004, 22:48
I've been downloading the big one for two days now, on and off thanks to D.A.P, and now it;s got about half an hour left. The server keeps dropping the connection, and then not reconnecting for a while so anyone not using a pausable downloader, I suggest you wait for 3D downloads.

I hope this is worth it.....

VikingHorde
09-17-2004, 23:04
I've been downloading the big one for two days now, on and off thanks to D.A.P, and now it;s got about half an hour left. The server keeps dropping the connection, and then not reconnecting for a while so anyone not using a pausable downloader, I suggest you wait for 3D downloads.

I hope this is worth it.....

The server is corrently down, but you can continue later. I don't think you will be disapointed when you get it (I hope).

JR-
09-18-2004, 09:55
3 days now. ~:mecry:

Admin
09-18-2004, 10:47
Hello,

I'm sorry about the problems Peregrine_Tergiversate. I didn't have time to distribute it to the mirrors right away. While I know I should do it right away: my avialable bandwidth is too small once people start downloading big files en masse from the homeserver. I tried to FTP the light version two days ago, speed was 1.5-3 kbs and it crashed at 50%.

The homeserver has a huge harddrive and can serve a few folks, but that's about it. It has no ECC-ram, no redundany, no dual Xeon, no OC-plenty connection nor any other genuine server power. This server crashes as much as any other normal PC, it was down for 2 minutes and had to be rebooted when you left the workcomputer to download the mod. I strongly recommend to use a downloadmanager when downloading big files from there.

http://www.getright.com/get.html
http://www.amazesoft.com/
or checktucows.com for download managers.

These are great tools for any file from any server.

About 13 GB has been downloaded from the server for the past 3 days. I'ld like to get some feedback, so I can try to optimize certain settings/hardware.
Both the cons and pros please.

-Availability of the server.
-Ease to find files.
-Downloadspeed, both peaks and average.
-Corrupted downloads, but also succesful ones.

Thanks.

JR-
09-18-2004, 11:16
trying with getright now, cheers. ~:)

JR-
09-18-2004, 14:01
thank you.

got it down, got it installed, started playing, loving it. :charge:

Admin
09-18-2004, 14:19
thank you.

got it down, got it installed, started playing, loving it. :charge:

Great, how fast did it download now?

Meneldil
09-18-2004, 14:35
About 20kb/sec for me (I have ADSL 512k)

JR-
09-18-2004, 16:07
same for me, about 20k/sec instead of 5k/sec on 512k broadband.

cheers.

PeegeeTips

Armchair Athlete
09-19-2004, 00:54
One question VH - how do I edit a starting kings stats? Where do I go to?

VikingHorde
09-19-2004, 01:22
One question VH - how do I edit a starting kings stats? Where do I go to?

You will need to go here:

\campmap\names\MTW_XL_HEROES.....TXT

If you are changing the stats of the HRE king, then the reson why he has high stats is to make the HRE more stable. ~;)

vladthewallachian
09-19-2004, 04:05
@VH
Hey lad could you do me a favor? Would you be so kind to let me know when Tosa gets your new mods uploaded on 3Ddownloads. Thats all! Bye! Bye!!! :2thumbsup:

jbguev
09-19-2004, 05:23
ahoy VH!

Great mod. Would it be possible to point me toward any form of documentation? I started an early XL campaign as the Turks and noticed a couple of things: I cannot build peasants. The valour bonuses for units have shifted provinces or have been totally removed. I am sure there are other things I will discover that I would love to look up, but that is all I can think of for now. If no documentation exists, that's fine, too.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

jbguev

Armchair Athlete
09-19-2004, 07:49
You will need to go here:

\campmap\names\MTW_XL_HEROES.....TXT

If you are changing the stats of the HRE king, then the reson why he has high stats is to make the HRE more stable. ~;)

Thanks for that, yeah I noticed that the HR emporer has better stats, I think that is actually a good move, in some campaigns the HRE actually survives! One I am playing as the English (early) the HRE has taken over Venetian lands, Genoan lands apart from the islands and is in a war with the papacy, very fitting! I more just want to fiddle around with king stats just for the sake of it, something to do I guess, see how different a campaing is if I give someone a 9 star starting king!

Magraev
09-19-2004, 08:19
Argh my download contained illegal data in the maptex.tga-file (or something like that). Bit of a bummer after waiting 7 hours for it to download ~:mecry:

Still I can see that others can play, so I guess something went wrong in the download.

Since i got 37% into the install before the error I guess most of the file is ok. Is there some way to avoid downloading the whole 140 mb again? If not I guess I'll have to give this mod a miss.

EDIT: since my partial install has messed up my regular MTW I decided to try to run an xl-campaign anyway (as the danes). I actually saw the new map, and it looked sooo tasty. The map reverted to the old one in a couple of turns, the swedish king retreated from my attack in turn 3, even though he had nowhere to run, and then I knew for sure I was in trouble. The game crashed when I attacked the norwegians trying to load non-existing pre-game shields. I wonder if I could play the regular campaigns? I'm going to try.

Admin
09-19-2004, 09:56
Hello Magraev,

Try a download manager:

or check tucows.com for download managers.

JR-
09-19-2004, 10:27
i have a united British mainland and a superior naval fleet that spans the known world.

utilsing my superior technological advancement and huge transport network i dropped an unstoppable army 3000 strong of fully buffed billmen/swordsmen/welshlongbowmen in antioch and proceeded to carve out a new Outremer with Constantinople as my capital.

the eggies were the dominant force and the middle east and eastern europe until i punched a whole through them, but this has a caused a resurgance from the hungraians and mongols, and the turks have risen from the grave.

good fun.

Admin
09-19-2004, 11:32
Hello,

I took the server offline for a while: uploading anything larger than a few kb, while so many was downloaded at the same time, proved to be impossible. The mods will be uploaded to 3D now.

I'll post here when it's finished. Sorry for the inconveniene.

Admin
09-19-2004, 14:14
Both the full and light version are at 3D MTW/Stats now. Also uploading other files now, including arthur.exe.

Magraev
09-19-2004, 14:48
Hello Magraev,

Try a download manager:

or check tucows.com for download managers.

Thanks for the tip - it is kinda annoying to spend so much time just to have to throw it all out in the end. I tried downloading the light version (before I saw your tip) and it was corrupted too. maybe the line to Denmark is just in need of repair...

VikingHorde
09-19-2004, 17:30
ahoy VH!

Great mod. Would it be possible to point me toward any form of documentation? I started an early XL campaign as the Turks and noticed a couple of things: I cannot build peasants. The valour bonuses for units have shifted provinces or have been totally removed. I am sure there are other things I will discover that I would love to look up, but that is all I can think of for now. If no documentation exists, that's fine, too.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

jbguev

The only documentation I have made for the mod is a unit stats file in the root of the MTW folder.

@Admin
Thanks for the help Tosa, you have as always been very helpfull ~:wave:

The links on page 1 have now been updated.

vladthewallachian
09-19-2004, 18:19
@VH
Well I finally dled your 2.0 Full mod and it only took me 28 minutos. Right now I have BKB's mod installed and I have to say it is impressive as well as yours, but I think yours is more stable. However I wish all of yalls mods were compatible with other mods, because it can be a pain to have to reinstall the games a hundred times when one wants to try out a different mod. Oh well, life is not what we want it to be sometimes. By the way good job. I am thinking about buying RTW. Do you much about this new game? Thanks VH. You're a dedicated person. ~:cheers:

VikingHorde
09-19-2004, 19:06
@VH
Well I finally dled your 2.0 Full mod and it only took me 28 minutos. Right now I have BKB's mod installed and I have to say it is impressive as well as yours, but I think yours is more stable. However I wish all of yalls mods were compatible with other mods, because it can be a pain to have to reinstall the games a hundred times when one wants to try out a different mod. Oh well, life is not what we want it to be sometimes. By the way good job. I am thinking about buying RTW. Do you much about this new game? Thanks VH. You're a dedicated person. ~:cheers:

Im glad to hear that the download speed is good and that you like the mod. I have downloaded the RTW demo and have pre-ordered it too, but I don't know much about the game yet. I have taken some time off because of some minor health problems, but some good rest will solve that.

william the bastard
09-19-2004, 19:19
Well.. long live i've got your mod now. with all the other mods i have some stuff to spend my time. does anyone need my wife now? :laugh4: :surrender: At all, :thumbsup: thanks VH and wait for Fotnm

Monkwarrior
09-21-2004, 21:49
Hi Viking Horde, ~:wave:
I am glad to inform you that I was able to download and install the mod without problems. And it works in Spanish!!! ~D
Only I remarked that the descriptions of the new factions appeared in the early period, but not in late (I don't remember if they appeared in high).
Does it happen also in English version?

Now a question. I have read that your mod runs also in GA mode (I didn't have time to test).
How did you do it? I mean, I though the GA were hardcoded.

I hope you will be able to test the Reconquista very soon.

Best regards.

VikingHorde
09-22-2004, 09:03
Hi Viking Horde, ~:wave:
I am glad to inform you that I was able to download and install the mod without problems. And it works in Spanish!!! ~D
Only I remarked that the descriptions of the new factions appeared in the early period, but not in late (I don't remember if they appeared in high).
Does it happen also in English version?

Now a question. I have read that your mod runs also in GA mode (I didn't have time to test).
How did you do it? I mean, I though the GA were hardcoded.

I hope you will be able to test the Reconquista very soon.

Best regards.
I can only make the descriptions appeare in early period, but not in high and late period. I have used many days trying to solve the problem, but I have not had any luck yet ~:confused: .

GA goals are hardcoded, but GA points are not. New factions can fight for points and have home provinces. All there is needed is adding GA shields for the factions and editting the reg_owner (or something like that) in the root of the MTW folder.

I looking forword to trying out your mod ~:wave:

Belisarivs
09-30-2004, 11:00
Hi VikingHorde.
I'm SpetzNatz, but something gone wrong, when forum engine changed, I wasn't able to get new password with to my original Login, but was able to do it with this one. Just to inform you who am I.

Was my help with bohemian faction sufficient, or do you need more help? If you wish, I can send you my addon to MedMod, which adds Bhemian faction there. It has 1,3 MB and needs some work, but it seems to be stable enough to work as well it can serve as fine example of usage of NSIS and NIS Edit. Which reduce size greatly, even though it makes selfinstaller. Looks cool and works even better.

If you want to try it search those two tools in google. You can use them by two ways.
Simplest is to download and install only NSIS and in folder where it is installed open folder Bin and run zip2exe util. As name says, it converts zip files to executable. If you choose lzma compression, then its size can be surprisingly small.
Other way is to use also NIS Edit to create own scripts with lot more options.

Bye
:charge:

Belisarivs
09-30-2004, 11:07
BTW, is it possible to place your mod elsewhere. I don't like 3ddownloads because of high waiting time....

VikingHorde
09-30-2004, 11:51
@Belisarivs
I sadly resived the to late to the info into the mod and have no plans of releasing a new version. I might send out a patch if a bug is found, but I have not gotten any reports yet. I have not resived the German translation from teutonic yet, but if I get it, then a patch may be on its way. I would like to see your work and when there will be a patch, i'll include your work. Resiving a 1.3 mb file is no problem. My mail is miguel_k@jubiimail.dk

My biggest size problem with my mod is the music included. The corrent installer and NSIS dosn't pack wav files that much. I have tryed NSIS, but it has the same size as the "old" installer.

3ddownloads has become much better now, but I don't have the mod on other servers. The waiting time is right now 5-6 min.

Gonzalve
10-07-2004, 10:31
Thanks for your excellent mod.
Am I mistaken or is Nicae without a northern shore on the Black Sea ?
Gonzalve.

VikingHorde
10-07-2004, 10:35
Thanks for your excellent mod.
Am I mistaken or is Nicae without a northern shore on the Black Sea ?
Gonzalve.
Are you thinking of sea acces? I will need to check that.

Gonzalve
10-07-2004, 10:39
I mean access from the sea.

VikingHorde
10-07-2004, 11:46
I mean access from the sea.

Okey, I might have forgotten something there. I will write it down in my text file so that I will remember for a later patch. There are a few minor things that I want to correct, so if anyone have found any bugs or minor changes, let me know.

Dyonisius
10-07-2004, 16:51
Well, it would be nice if you made a few info pics for the new units, that way we could see what they looked like ~:cheers:

VikingHorde
10-07-2004, 17:24
Well, it would be nice if you made a few info pics for the new units, that way we could see what they looked like ~:cheers:

It would take some time, but it can be done.

Dyonisius
10-07-2004, 18:42
It would take some time, but it can be done.

Great!!
Such a good mod deserves a finishing touch. ~D
Its Absolutely the most balanced mod.

VikingHorde
10-07-2004, 18:56
Great!!
Such a good mod deserves a finishing touch. ~D
Its Absolutely the most balanced mod.
I don't know if it's the most balanced, but thanks anyway ~;) .If anyone should find some good pics that I can use (insperation), then it could be cool. I have some, but not enougth.

Armchair Athlete
10-08-2004, 01:43
Have you seen this website before?

http://www.dbaol.com/armies.htm

Its got heaps of pictures there, some of them look OK, most of them are well meh not great but it might help give some inspiration.

VikingHorde
10-08-2004, 17:20

Its got heaps of pictures there, some of them look OK, most of them are well meh not great but it might help give some inspiration.
Cool, could be usefull stuff ~:)

Dyonisius
10-09-2004, 01:36

Those will do fine
~:)

silent_wolf
10-13-2004, 13:15
hey all, I just have one question... do you need the expansion Viking Invasion to MTW?

I'm getting an error where it won't load any faction when I start a new campaign. But, i have a feeling it's because i need the exp :o) just wondering...

VikingHorde
10-13-2004, 14:45
hey all, I just have one question... do you need the expansion Viking Invasion to MTW?

I'm getting an error where it won't load any faction when I start a new campaign. But, i have a feeling it's because i need the exp :o) just wondering...

Jepp, you need VI to play the mod. Almost all mods need VI.

Armchair Athlete
10-14-2004, 01:02
hey VH, apparently your mod got reviewed in this month's PC gamer UK! It's also included on the DVD. Do you know what they had to say about it? Maybe one of the british out there can give a summery of what they said about it.

VikingHorde
10-14-2004, 08:07
hey VH, apparently your mod got reviewed in this month's PC gamer UK! It's also included on the DVD. Do you know what they had to say about it? Maybe one of the british out there can give a summery of what they said about it.
Wow, were can I get it, must have it!

Armchair Athlete
10-14-2004, 08:59
Thats what they said in this thread
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=37757

Haven't given a run down on how it went, your mod and four others got reviewed and included on the CD. I have heard that we get the PC gamer UK magazine over here, except under a different name (PC GAMERS or somethig like that), but its exactly the same, I might just pop down to the shops now and see if it does have the review.

But anyway, well done mate!

Paul Peru
10-14-2004, 09:28

They must all be kings. They don't have mud all over them ;-)

VikingHorde
10-14-2004, 09:37
Thats what they said in this thread
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=37757

Haven't given a run down on how it went, your mod and four others got reviewed and included on the CD. I have heard that we get the PC gamer UK magazine over here, except under a different name (PC GAMERS or somethig like that), but its exactly the same, I might just pop down to the shops now and see if it does have the review.

But anyway, well done mate!
Thanks, but I could not have done it without the help from the members of the forum. Im going to try and get it here in Denmark, maybe i'll get lucky. If I find one, I will scan all the mods review and post them. It's fun that the mods got review, specially after the release of RTW.

Armchair Athlete
10-14-2004, 09:41
I just got the magazine from Australia PC Gamers Addicts, and the reviews are not in it, only some stuff is the same as the UK version (Half Lfie 2 review ~:cool: ) but we do get the UK PC gamer magazine, but the latest issue is not out yet. I will hopefully pick that up soon and post what they say. Still ,it must be good to get some recognition for the hard work you and the makers of all the other great mods reviewed do!

EDIT - nevermind, just saw your post, but I will still try to pick one up

VikingHorde
10-14-2004, 11:11
I just got the magazine from Australia PC Gamers Addicts, and the reviews are not in it, only some stuff is the same as the UK version (Half Lfie 2 review ~:cool: ) but we do get the UK PC gamer magazine, but the latest issue is not out yet. I will hopefully pick that up soon and post what they say. Still ,it must be good to get some recognition for the hard work you and the makers of all the other great mods reviewed do!

EDIT - nevermind, just saw your post, but I will still try to pick one up
It is pretty cool (if the review dosn't suck ;-) )

VikingHorde
10-14-2004, 19:34
I have just gotten the magazine, not too bad ~D . I'll uploade all reviews once I find a place for them.

Armchair Athlete
10-15-2004, 02:08
could you possibly send it to me via email VH?

fredtheinsanecow@yahoo.co.uk

thanks dude

VikingHorde
10-15-2004, 11:21
could you possibly send it to me via email VH?

fredtheinsanecow@yahoo.co.uk

thanks dude

I will send it when I get home from work ~:)

Armchair Athlete
10-15-2004, 11:39
Thnaks VH, I wasn't sure when you could get it hosted, and as I have to go back to my parents house to help on the farm soon for a couple of weeks I will have no regular internet connection unless my neighbours are feeling generous ~:mecry: I don't think I could wait that long to see how these mods were rated

VikingHorde
10-15-2004, 17:34
Thnaks VH, I wasn't sure when you could get it hosted, and as I have to go back to my parents house to help on the farm soon for a couple of weeks I will have no regular internet connection unless my neighbours are feeling generous ~:mecry: I don't think I could wait that long to see how these mods were rated

You got mail! ~:)

Armchair Athlete
10-15-2004, 23:49
thanks VH, was it only the 2.0 beta version that was reviewed though? But well done anyway, and well done to the others that made it in.

VikingHorde
10-16-2004, 17:24
thanks VH, was it only the 2.0 beta version that was reviewed though? But well done anyway, and well done to the others that made it in.
Thanks. It was sadly only the 2.0, so they did not try all the improvements in the final version. I gez it takes a lot of time to make the reviews, but it's pretty cool anyway.

KnightOfTheImperialDragon
10-17-2004, 01:18
Sounds awesome. With all these new factions, I hope the map doesn't get too crowded. Good luck with it. ~;p

VikingHorde
10-17-2004, 17:31
Sounds awesome. With all these new factions, I hope the map doesn't get too crowded. Good luck with it. ~;p
Thanks and welcome to the org. It's alway good to have new members.

iamthetraveller
10-18-2004, 19:57
While playing the champaign mode of this wonderful mod i found out a funny thing ~:confused: ...
Crusaders, Hospitallars and Teutonic Order, the 3 religious/military :knight: , are not allowed to build the Chapter House, and therefore they cannot start a crusade, as well as they have not the Crusades in their GA.
On the other hand, the Papacy cannot build Chapter House as well, but crusades are in its GA.
I guess it is correct to amend these small things, even if as they are now they don't affect the gameplay at all: i learnt (just by reading all of these messages only, i am a "mr. nobody" about modding! ~:) ) that it is not possible to change the original GAs as protected, but i think it is just a matter to assign a different one to these factions, maybe in the next update.
Anyway, thanks again to all who worked on this mod, they made it great. ~:cheers:

VikingHorde
10-18-2004, 20:32
While playing the champaign mode of this wonderful mod i found out a funny thing ~:confused: ...
Crusaders, Hospitallars and Teutonic Order, the 3 religious/military :knight: , are not allowed to build the Chapter House, and therefore they cannot start a crusade, as well as they have not the Crusades in their GA.
On the other hand, the Papacy cannot build Chapter House as well, but crusades are in its GA.
I guess it is correct to amend these small things, even if as they are now they don't affect the gameplay at all: i learnt (just by reading all of these messages only, i am a "mr. nobody" about modding! ~:) ) that it is not possible to change the original GAs as protected, but i think it is just a matter to assign a different one to these factions, maybe in the next update.
Anyway, thanks again to all who worked on this mod, they made it great. ~:cheers:

The reason the Orders can't build a Chapter House is that the muslims have a hard time allready. Also historycaly, I think it would not correct to have them crusade on there own. All crusades was started outside Order controlled provinces (England, France ect.), so I find this setup more correct. The danes also had crusades historycaly, but they don't have them because the muslims suffer too much if all have crusades (The Orders did in the 1.2 of the mod).
Sadly, I can't add new GA goals (hardcoded) and changing the GA's to another faction is not possible ether. I wish it was possible, but sadly it's not. Thanks for posting your findings anyway, because they could have been bugs. ~:)

KnightOfTheImperialDragon
10-19-2004, 00:48
I downloaded XL a few days ago and have been enjoying it immensely. :pleased: Kudos to you for coming up with this fantastic mod. :thumbsup: I had some reservations about having so many factions at once, but it worked out great. The wars are so much more intense now that you have more neighbors. Great job! :grin:

iamthetraveller
10-20-2004, 16:34
Some thinking again, and sorry to sound bore if somebody else already made this comment...

I realized that Crusaders, Hospitallars and Teutonic have a kind of kingdom succession rule, with princes becoming king and available princesses, and if one of the leaders dies without successor the faction ends (it happened while i was playing one of them, at this time i can't remember which one).
I think it is uncorrect (also historically), these factions should not disappear until last man is killed, with a new Order Grand Master elected at the death of the previous one and no princes or princesses at all.
I don't know if it is feasable to change the rule in this way starting from former MTW ones, but i suggest to apply to these faction the same succession rules as Papacy faction, with a new pope elected, or at least the one of German faction.

VikingHorde
10-20-2004, 16:38
Some thinking again, and sorry to sound bore if somebody else already made this comment...

I realized that Crusaders, Hospitallars and Teutonic have a kind of kingdom succession rule, with princes becoming king and available princesses, and if one of the leaders dies without successor the faction ends (it happened while i was playing one of them, at this time i can't remember which one).
I think it is uncorrect (also historically), these factions should not disappear until last man is killed, with a new Order Grand Master elected at the death of the previous one and no princes or princesses at all.
I don't know if it is feasable to change the rule in this way starting from former MTW ones, but i suggest to apply to these faction the same succession rules as Papacy faction, with a new pope elected, or at least the one of German faction.

I have tryed to make them like that, but it is sadly hardcoded :dizzy2:

Paul Peru
10-22-2004, 09:43
The reason the Orders can't build a Chapter House is that the muslims have a hard time allready. Also historycaly, I think it would not correct to have them crusade on there own. All crusades was started outside Order controlled provinces (England, France ect.), so I find this setup more correct. The danes also had crusades historycaly, but they don't have them because the muslims suffer too much if all have crusades (The Orders did in the 1.2 of the mod).

It's true that the muslims get a lot of crusades thrown at them some times. However I'm pleased with the way the outcome varies a lot, both in your mod and BKB. All the muslim factions seem to do well some times (depending on where I am on the map, of course ~;))

Historically both Norwegians(early) and Danes (later) crusaded to "the Holy Land", but apart from saracene-bashing and Jerusalem-liberating there was crusadin' aplenty in Scandinavia. The Swedes in essence continued the viking raiding tradition, plundering and pillaging in Finland and the Baltic countries, but calling it crusades. There was even a crusade from Norway to Sweden, following the excommunication of a bishop.

Is there any way to make the crusades less powerful? I'm thinking along the lines of having them gather less troops along the way, and maybe having them composed more of local/faction troops and less über-units...

Also maybe jihads should be able to target any "infidel" region?

Of course I know nothing of modding, but I love a good mod - thanks! :medievalcheers:

VikingHorde
10-22-2004, 17:16
It's true that the muslims get a lot of crusades thrown at them some times. However I'm pleased with the way the outcome varies a lot, both in your mod and BKB. All the muslim factions seem to do well some times (depending on where I am on the map, of course ~;))

Historically both Norwegians(early) and Danes (later) crusaded to "the Holy Land", but apart from saracene-bashing and Jerusalem-liberating there was crusadin' aplenty in Scandinavia. The Swedes in essence continued the viking raiding tradition, plundering and pillaging in Finland and the Baltic countries, but calling it crusades. There was even a crusade from Norway to Sweden, following the excommunication of a bishop.

Is there any way to make the crusades less powerful? I'm thinking along the lines of having them gather less troops along the way, and maybe having them composed more of local/faction troops and less über-units...

Also maybe jihads should be able to target any "infidel" region?

Of course I know nothing of modding, but I love a good mod - thanks! :medievalcheers:
I don't know if I can make them less powerfull, but the jihads are hardcoded.

iamthetraveller
10-23-2004, 10:17
Hi all, i need somebody's HELP.

Can you please copy and send to me by email the folder \LOC\ENGLISH from the original MTW program?
that would be really nice, as i am having a problem with one of the mods and i guess that with that file i could solve it (i have an italian version only, without that language folder).

thanks in advance for the help.

VikingHorde
10-24-2004, 17:30
Hi all, i need somebody's HELP.

Can you please copy and send to me by email the folder \LOC\ENGLISH from the original MTW program?
that would be really nice, as i am having a problem with one of the mods and i guess that with that file i could solve it (i have an italian version only, without that language folder).

thanks in advance for the help.

I can send it tomorrow when I get access to my own computer. ~:)

Rameus
11-03-2004, 03:03
VikingHorde,
I just wanted to say that I've downloaded your mod and it has improved my Medieval TW experience 100%. Thank you very much for putting so much effort into this. I really like some of the small changes that you have made that make such a big difference (like making Tolouse border Isle de Paris and so forth).

Out of curiosity, I enjoy playing the "objective" game rather than the "conquer the map" game. Did your mod actually add any new objectives? I was a bit dissappointed that most of the objectives for the game were simply "conquer your homelands" or "conquer the map." Is that even something you can do in a mod?

Also, for some reason, I can't train peasants any more (as France). Is that on purpose?

Still, this mod is awesome! Great work!

Rameus

:medievalcheers:

VikingHorde
11-03-2004, 16:04
VikingHorde,
I just wanted to say that I've downloaded your mod and it has improved my Medieval TW experience 100%. Thank you very much for putting so much effort into this. I really like some of the small changes that you have made that make such a big difference (like making Tolouse border Isle de Paris and so forth).

Out of curiosity, I enjoy playing the "objective" game rather than the "conquer the map" game. Did your mod actually add any new objectives? I was a bit dissappointed that most of the objectives for the game were simply "conquer your homelands" or "conquer the map." Is that even something you can do in a mod?

Also, for some reason, I can't train peasants any more (as France). Is that on purpose?

Still, this mod is awesome! Great work!

Rameus

:medievalcheers:

Thanks, Im glad you like playing the mod. ~:)

The GA's (or "objective") are sadly hardcoded, so I can't add any more. I also wanted to add more units, provinces and factions, but MTW sadly has it's limits. That is also why there will not be a future version 3 of the mod, only some minor ajustments and corrections that can be released in a patch.

It is not possible build peasants any more because they make gameplay less fun and I don't want peasant hordes like in the original MTW. I have tryed to tweek the game to build more HQ units and buildings, so the changes has a purpose. ~;)

Rameus
11-04-2004, 01:21
It is not possible build peasants any more because they make gameplay less fun and I don't want peasant hordes like in the original MTW. I have tryed to tweek the game to build more HQ units and buildings, so the changes has a purpose. ~;)

OK. Thanks for the update on that. I've heard you are considering doing a medieval mod for Rome Total War. I look forward to it if so!

:charge:

iamthetraveller
11-07-2004, 22:55
VikingHorde,
at first thanks for the files.

While playing on XL, i noticed that when i was moving with some factions i could see into the GA panel the achievements of the Venitians, but when i did play Venetians myself i had no options to access the GA panel, the related button is not even on the bar!, so that i had to play for the total win only.
I guess it is a matter of possibility to make only a certain number of changes to the original MTW, but maybe it is something wrong which nobody noticed yet... i have no idea if it happens with other factions too, i did take note of this thing just today.

Have fun.

VikingHorde
11-08-2004, 00:25
VikingHorde,
at first thanks for the files.

While playing on XL, i noticed that when i was moving with some factions i could see into the GA panel the achievements of the Venitians, but when i did play Venetians myself i had no options to access the GA panel, the related button is not even on the bar!, so that i had to play for the total win only.
I guess it is a matter of possibility to make only a certain number of changes to the original MTW, but maybe it is something wrong which nobody noticed yet... i have no idea if it happens with other factions too, i did take note of this thing just today.

Have fun.

The Venitians GA's should be there, because they got the Italians GA's. I will check it out when I get home to my own PC.

Belisarivs
11-08-2004, 11:10
Hi VH.
I have some comments to your mod.
I don't understand why did you disable Bohemian faction for High Period. It starts in time of Premysl Otakar I, one of mightiest kings of Bohemia, who limited influence of Germans so heavily that bohemian knights even didn't have to accompany emperor in his crowning march in Rome (that was last thing that Bohemians had to do for Emperor).
Also Bohemians weren't known for archery (in fact they lacked archers as most west Europe did) but for heavy infantry (bohemian knights have proven valour in battle in plenty of times, like in siege of Rome where they accompanied Emperor and were the first who managed to climb walls of Eternal City).

I would also suggest to increase level of development of Byzantine provinces especially in Asia Minor. That was base of byzantine military power, not the Constantinople (it was well known that Constantinoples were ignorant to warfare). It's loss was the reason why Kataphraktoi disappeared from battlefield.

Does the mod contain that Homeland element like in MedMod?

Don't feel angry by my post. Just keep up good work.

Bye.

VikingHorde
11-08-2004, 18:58
@Belisarivs
It was a matter of faction space, so they are not disabled. By changing the setup of my mod, I had space for the Bohemians and some other factions. Out of the 6 extra spaces I had, the Bohemians got 2 (there were 3 spaces in early and 3 in late era). Adding them to high era means removing another faction. I would have loved to add them, but there's sadly a 32 faction limit.

About the Byzantines, you are thinking of early period, right? I can't increase the level of development without unbalancing the mod. The Byzantines were a big problem because of their size in early period, so giving them more would be a problem.

My mod dosn't have the Homeland element like in MedMod, didn't like the restictions it gave to the player and AI. I would also be uncool to copy another mods features ~;)

Belisarivs
11-09-2004, 14:18
VH,
I think, that it would be better to set Anatolia to be rebellious (Manzinkert wasn't the reason of loss of most Asia Minor, it was rebellion in that region, Byzantines didn't lose so big part of army and Alp Arslan didn't have intent in destruction of Empire, but those rebellions caused, that he reconsidered it), Nicaea to be more advanced if it comes to military and Constantinople to be advanced only by economical side with possibility to train only some poor units and Varangian Guards. Naples should be also given to someone else because in 1071 Byzantines lost also last city in that region.

In fact there is question, what is better, balance or reality. In fact when I was playing original game I've also encountered Byzantines to be conquered by Egyptians (who were in decline in that time).
It's all up to you.

VikingHorde
11-10-2004, 17:37
VH,
I think, that it would be better to set Anatolia to be rebellious (Manzinkert wasn't the reason of loss of most Asia Minor, it was rebellion in that region, Byzantines didn't lose so big part of army and Alp Arslan didn't have intent in destruction of Empire, but those rebellions caused, that he reconsidered it), Nicaea to be more advanced if it comes to military and Constantinople to be advanced only by economical side with possibility to train only some poor units and Varangian Guards. Naples should be also given to someone else because in 1071 Byzantines lost also last city in that region.

In fact there is question, what is better, balance or reality. In fact when I was playing original game I've also encountered Byzantines to be conquered by Egyptians (who were in decline in that time).
It's all up to you.

I'll look into it, maybe I can setup the Byzantines and Egyptians in a different way.

Aurelian
11-17-2004, 04:42
VH, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your mod. You did a great job, and I've had a blast over the last couple of weeks trying out different campaigns.

I'm currently working my way through an Early period Kievan Rus campaign. Fantastic. The extra spaces and factions in Eastern Europe provide a level of challenge and interest that was completely lacking in the original version. I've been beset on all sides by Cumans, Lithuanians, Volga Bulgars, and Novgorod... and I've loved every minute of it.

I also had a great High period Byzantine game. Bulgaria and Serbia liven up the Balkans, and I think you got the Byzantine position just about right. In my game, the Turks succumbed to a joint Crusader State/Mongol assault after I'd beaten them back into Western Anatolia. Great fun.

As a side note: Like someone above said, the Germans don't routinely disappear in your mod. In fact, in my Kievan Rus game, they've exterminated France and occupied a good chunk of Northern Italy. They've still lost some eastern territories to Danes and Poles, so I don't believe they are over-powered either. A refreshing change.

I could go on. The unit changes, faction additions, trade changes, new icons, etc. are all great. I'll leave it at that and say "great job"! :2thumbsup:

tolsen1
11-17-2004, 05:25
Seriously VH,
This mod kicks butt. I haven't even fiinished my first game with it but I already love it.

At first I was less than thrilled with the lack of peasants, but it turned out to be a beneficial change. Peasant levys did make up the lion share of most feudal armies, so I wasn't glad about the loss of historical accuracy, but the improved computer performance more than makes up for it.
I also love the destruction of the annoying land-bridges across impassible seas. Spartacus failed because one CANNOT walk from the toe of italy to Sicily. However, I'm playing the Turks and I saw that the land bridge from Nicaea to Constantinople still works, but isn't on the map. Is this intended? I'm going to eliminate it myself. One suggestion I had, but I don't know if this is possible, would be to have them passable if there is no hostile navy present, but impassible if a hostile navy is in the sea zone - but that probably can't be modded and needs to be in the game itself.

VikingHorde
11-19-2004, 18:40
Thanks, Im glad you guys like the mod.

@tolsen1
The landbridge is there because crossing from Nicaea to Constantinople wasn't that hard back then. I have however added a bridge between the two provinces to make it harder to cross. Im no history buff, so im not a 100% shurre. There are also a landbridge between Denmark and Scania because the the sea often froze during the vinther. Even in the 1600's, the Swedish armys crossed the sea in the vinther because it froze. Today the climate is warmer, so it docent freeze very often.

Cyright
11-25-2004, 11:01
VH, i have just a petty note regarding some bohemian names..as i am czech, ie. bohemian, i find some of them a bit silly and funny:) also there might a few more suitable names for a bohemian king...plus sometimes theres an error translating some surnames...

one more thing - are the varangian swordsmen available only in early era for the russians? with 1205 i cant build them any more and i miss them so much:))

thx for this mod.

VikingHorde
11-25-2004, 15:42
VH, i have just a petty note regarding some bohemian names..as i am czech, ie. bohemian, i find some of them a bit silly and funny:) also there might a few more suitable names for a bohemian king...plus sometimes theres an error translating some surnames...

one more thing - are the varangian swordsmen available only in early era for the russians? with 1205 i cant build them any more and i miss them so much:))

thx for this mod.
Thanks for letting me know about the surname problem, i'll correct that one.

The Varangian swordsmen are an early era unit only like most of the viking units. I think it is historical correct like this, but if it's not then I'll change it.

Dyonisius
11-26-2004, 20:58
HI,

Very nice mod. This is my third campaign, so far no bugs found or noticed, except for crusades behaviour, it sometimes refuses to attack castles that a crusade is upon, and using an allied dockyard/port to launch a crusade from is also impossible. Could be a installation error, havent tryed a reinstall though.

What I want to ask is if it is possible to use the original shields for the feudal knights and chivalric knights (the ones with th faction colours on it) from the original MTW, maybe some copy and paste? Cause I mis them.

Thanx,

VikingHorde
11-26-2004, 21:10
HI,

Very nice mod. This is my third campaign, so far no bugs found or noticed, except for crusades behaviour, it sometimes refuses to attack castles that a crusade is upon, and using an allied dockyard/port to launch a crusade from is also impossible. Could be a installation error, havent tryed a reinstall though.

What I want to ask is if it is possible to use the original shields for the feudal knights and chivalric knights (the ones with th faction colours on it) from the original MTW, maybe some copy and paste? Cause I mis them.

Thanx,

Thanks. It's always best to install the mod on a new clean install of MTW with VI (2.01 version), but I don't know if it's a bug in the mod or the install.

It's sadly not possible to add the old shields because it will crash the game. It might be possible if new factions can't build them, but then I might have a problem with new factions getting rebel chivalric knights. I then found it best to just make new shields so that im a 100% shurre the game dosn't crash.

Dyonisius
11-26-2004, 23:34
Thanks for quick reply,

Yes thats a pitty, it would be nice to see the new factions, like Portugal also with the 'coloured' shields, since its well done.

Also the crusader shield can be done better, white background red cross in whole lenght, now I have a blue cross grey background.....

VikingHorde
11-27-2004, 16:35
Thanks for quick reply,

Yes thats a pitty, it would be nice to see the new factions, like Portugal also with the 'coloured' shields, since its well done.

Also the crusader shield can be done better, white background red cross in whole lenght, now I have a blue cross grey background.....
Blue cross and grey background, is that in battle or camp. map? ~:confused:

Dyonisius
11-27-2004, 18:51
That is in a tactical batllemap, I am playing now as the Portugues so they get a blue small cross in field for the crusaders. ~:confused:

JR-
12-17-2004, 12:25
any eta for v2.01 of XL.............? :charge:

VikingHorde
12-17-2004, 19:22
any eta for v2.01 of XL.............? :charge:
Not yet, but maybe a few weeks. ~:)

JR-
12-17-2004, 20:58
cheers. ~:cheers:

Kali
01-18-2005, 12:56
Hi Viking Horde,
I was just wondering if it was possible to unlock the Africa/Sahara province for your game. Or is that slot already taken.

Pericles
01-18-2005, 15:20
VikingHorde:

Many thanks for your continued support and improvements in your Mod :charge:

VikingHorde
01-18-2005, 16:41
@Kali
It is not possible to unlock the Africa/Sahara province, because it has been removed for other use. ~:)

@Pericles
No problem ~:) . The mod should have as high a standard as possible, so im taking the time needed so that I don't have to release any more patches than one. All the bugs have been removed and some new graphics have been added, so I need to write a lot of text about the mod features, units and other stuff. I will maybe add a few features that I did not have time to add because of the release of RTW. Im happy to see that MTW isn't dead, but is still being played by a lot of people. :bow:

Pericles
01-18-2005, 18:49
@Pericles
No problem ~:) . The mod should have as high a standard as possible, so im taking the time needed so that I don't have to release any more patches than one. All the bugs have been removed and some new graphics have been added, so I need to write a lot of text about the mod features, units and other stuff. I will maybe add a few features that I did not have time to add because of the release of RTW. Im happy to see that MTW isn't dead, but is still being played by a lot of people. :bow:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes.

Since MTW is a completely different game and time era than RTW, it will be played for a very long time to come.

I have been having a blast playing MTW with default game files as well as with various mods.

And mods like yours will continue to be played and enjoyed for as long as people like to see medieval knights charging across a grassy landscape...

Cheers! ~:cheers:

JR-
01-18-2005, 19:16
thank you.

Kali
01-23-2005, 17:34
Cheers for the reply,
I noticed that Mesopotamia is using that slot when I was doing a bit of editing.
Cool mod.

mercian billman
01-25-2005, 13:27
Thanks VH,

I just wanted you to know I downloaded your mod on saturday and have really enjoyed it. I started a Cuman early expert campaign last night and played until the GH arrived. It was probably the most exciting TW campaign I've ever played, hemmed in on all sides, with little income meant expansion and army building was near impossible. Luckily nobody attacked me and I was able to organize raids against the People of Novogorad who quickly sued for peace. While I was organizing these raids I also started building a Navy and sacked Venice with a mercenary army. This army continued fighting until they reached Bohemia when they were defeated. I would've kept Venice but since the Horde was coming I felt it would be best simply to destroy the city and focus all my resources East.

I had to quit at midnight because I have school today but it was definately worth it ~:) :bow:

SirThomasMalory
01-27-2005, 16:35
This mod has gotten so many raves, I can't wait to try it out. By the time I finish my current Early French campaign in Medmod, the patch should be out and I will dig in for sure.

VikingHorde
01-28-2005, 21:28
@mercian billman
Im glad you enjoy the mod :bow:

@SirThomasMalory
I have just gotten home from one week in Copenhagen, so will start working on the patch again tomorrow. Im making new info pics for some of the new units so that the mod will look better ~;)

Pericles
01-28-2005, 22:02
@mercian billman
Im glad you enjoy the mod :bow:

@SirThomasMalory
I have just gotten home from one week in Copenhagen, so will start working on the patch again tomorrow. Im making new info pics for some of the new units so that the mod will look better ~;)

I'll be looking forward to it.

MTW is still more popular than ever, so it's good to see your modding efforts are still as strong as ever ~:cheers:

Odin
02-03-2005, 20:58
Honestly A patch would always be welcome but I am running the XL mod with 2.0 and am having a great gaming expirence. I dont know what else VH plans to add but I can report that currently XL runs smoothly and is quite an impressive mod with many nice nuances to the game play.

Most of the mods seem to be comprehensive at this point, MTW has been out a while, so pick your poison. Here is a firm reccomendation for the XL mod, it dosent need a patch so if your waiting for it, dont its fine as is. ~:cool:

Shottie
02-10-2005, 03:08
Whatever happened to this Mod. I love it where has everyone gone, I hope people didnt stop playing this Mod

bad language

Post people, Vikinghorde needs to have people comment about this beautiful Mod he has made! :bow:

JR-
02-10-2005, 12:15
bad language

Shottie
02-10-2005, 20:53
bad language

VikingHorde
02-10-2005, 21:15
Im here almost every day, so im still around ~;) . I have not had much time for modding lately, but I hope soon to finish the patch. All the bug fixing are done, so I just need to add a few more info pics and write the text files with info about the changes the mod makes to the original game. Im sorry for the delays, but i'll do my best to get it done soon.

Duke Dick
02-11-2005, 08:27
bad language

JR-
02-11-2005, 20:53
good news VH.

Zarax
02-11-2005, 21:56
Great Work Viking Horde, after trying your mod i started making something mine...
I'm not very expert in modding but i hope to make something at least half good as yours :)

VikingHorde
02-11-2005, 23:36
Great Work Viking Horde, after trying your mod i started making something mine...
I'm not very expert in modding but i hope to make something at least half good as yours :)
Thanks, It's nice to see people still working on mods for MTW. There are a lot of good guides here at the org, I used most of them my self. Without them, there would not had been a XL mod ~;)

Armchair Athlete
02-12-2005, 05:20
looking forward to the patch VH ~:cheers: I still play MTW more than RTW, so its good to see the modding hasn't died. Been trying out some of my own, adding some units and taking out some of the ships and artillery, the guides in the repository are very good

Duke Dick
02-12-2005, 16:46
shottie, instead of trying to blame me for this mod's 'demise', have you ever tried considering that the reason that Viking Hordes mod lost popularity was because people got bored of it. Look at all the other mods, some mods, which imo are better thanthe XL mod, have also lost their popularity. Barely anything on the engineers guild gets regular replies anymore. MTW is basically over for many. ROME has came and MTW has gone to be brutally honest. Get over it.

Aurelian
02-13-2005, 03:04
What the...?

From what I've read, there are quite a few people around who are less than happy with RTW. I'm one of them. I don't have RTW loaded on my computer, but I do have XL Mod ready to go. It's a great mod, and the one I've been playing most. If posting has been low around here, it may be because people don't have anything to say. I haven't run across any bugs, and there hasn't been much substantive discussion of the patch.

There IS still a following for MTW mods.

IrishMike
02-13-2005, 04:48
There IS still a following for MTW mods.

Here Here!

Well said! I will be the last one to abandon MTW to the much inferior RTW. Do not worry VH, many a time I have said you mod is excellent. I eagerly await the patch.

Duke Dick
02-13-2005, 13:16
i never said i was one of thepeople who have abandoned MTW. I know its a lot better than MTW, and i still play it every other day.

Ed TW
02-14-2005, 08:07
I hate Rome TW and I am looking foward to the mod. I tried to download it and the Web page is offline. Where can I find it?

Ed TW
02-14-2005, 08:09
-Found it-Thanks

Belisarivs
02-14-2005, 17:25
Hi VH.
I've tried your mod as Czechs in Early. Cool.
But there are few thing I'd like to mention (they are relating only to early campaign, but these things can be in other Campaigns, too).
Princess names for Bohemian faction should be different.
There are some:
Johana, Blanka, Klara, Irena, Jitka, Libuse, Bozena, Sarka, Svatava, Katerina, Kristina, Milena, Lenka, Marketa.
I'd like to see them in update.

Other thing is, that Bohemian faction is very weak. I thing that when they have to survive in heart of Europe, their army should be stronger (it would be historically accurate after all, as they were campaigning in Poland and Vratislav II got Austria from German emperror for his help in his struggle for throne, before start of the early campaign, all this would be impossible without army). King Vratislav II was also considered to be really good commander (5 stars).
Another suggestion is about Heroes. Please remove John of Bohemia and Jan Zizka from list of heroes of HRE as they were Bohemians. First one was also known as Blind King of Bohemia and it was Jan Lucembursky who fought and died ant French side at Crecy. Second one was Hussite Supreme Commander, who didn't lose a battle. Please put Jan Zizka to Bohemian faction hero list and increase his command (6). As I said, he was never defeated AFAIK.
These steps should prevent Bohemians from being crushed early. Their position is worst from all factions (which other faction neighbours with three factions, which have at least 3 provinces?) and yet they have poor commander and almost none army.
BTW, can they lead Crusade. They should as they really did.
How did you achieve Glory Goals to work. Is it possible to add other objective then Conquest? Like building of structure or crusade?
I have also to say that I'm concerned that Bohamians aren't in High era. In this period they were very strong and IMHO surrounding factions were in their shadow, they were at least more important power than Irish and some other factions in Europe, as situation allowed. To survive in centre, surrounded by mostly hostile neighbours is pretty hard. And it was mainly their work that mongols didn't continue with conquest deeper into Europe (I know that was also because of death of khan, but they repelled Batu's advance to Wienna...).

Is it also possible to make Golden Horde initial army bigger? As you can earn huge amounts of money, it's easier to train large army. When Mongols appeared, my forces were still stronges and they were wiped out by Egyptians (who destroyed Turks and Byzantines again) in 5 years (I kid you not).

BTW. I achieved record with your mod in income in single province. It was in Venice and it was 7071 Florins (but almost entire Europe was my so it could be far better). I'm just interested in records of others.