PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Kohan

Kongamato
04-07-2004, 15:44
I've heard about the game Kohan before, and it interests me. I've read that it had some unique organizational features and tactical concepts above that of your usual RTS. It's also sort of a cult game. I'd like to know if anyone here has played it and what they thought of it, because the sequel, Kohan: Kings of War is going to come out this year and I'm a bit interested in it. Has anyone played Kohan? What is it like, and do you expect Kohan II to be any good?

Fragony
04-07-2004, 16:57
Kohan is awesome, try it.

Leet Eriksson
04-07-2004, 19:27
I played it,and i can tell you this,its a good gameGet it while you can,it should go for a cheap price right now.anyways speaking of the game its a mix with concepts of RTS and TBS mixed in,it runs in real time,but its not a clickfest,and does'nt require any special physical manuevers or twitching http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif...

Base building and resource gathering is not as tedious as in other RTS games,and it utilizes a very nice upkeep system,the learning curve is'nt very steep becuase you can get the hang of the game pretty quick.also handling units is made very simple with the company system where you can place up to 6 units in a company and handle them as a single unit.

I don't like to give away alot of things and i recommend you get the game,its pretty good.

Komutan
04-07-2004, 20:27
Kohan is a nice alternative to other rts games.The second Kohan game is in development and it was planned to be released this year.

Kongamato
04-07-2004, 22:05
Looks like it'll be a good deal. It's old, but I dont mind that, graphics are never my highest priority. I should be able to pick up both it and the Ahriman's Gift expansion pack with pocket change.

hrvojej
04-07-2004, 22:38
I didn't like it too much, I must say. I should also note that I only play SP though. IMHO, it was simplistic, and lacked options and the ability to control what you're doing. Units were too similar and it was easy to find the right formula for a company, and from then on it was just rinse-repeat with the same setup over and over again. I have noticed that vast majority of reviewers disagree with me, but that's just the way I felt about it.

RZST
04-08-2004, 03:00
pretty good game. had me playing for quote a while, but then after i finished the SP mode i just threw it out :p.
it didnt have the replayability factor that the TW series has.

im not liking the new kohan, its all (edit: horrible) 3d. heck it looks cartoonish :(

Edit: Please watch your language, this is a family forum and that second word has not been in any PG film I've seen. Thank you.

hrvojej
04-08-2004, 08:32
Please rememeber the age of some of the members here before typing, as well as the forum rules.

RZST
04-08-2004, 17:00
eh? :p my bad