PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Story

DemonArchangel
04-07-2004, 21:33
Warning: Very Violent Do not read if you can't stomach blood/gore and violence. If you choose to continue to read despite this warning, the author shall not be held responsible for the contents in this story if you the reader are offended in anyway.

A Quick Story: The Downfall of Activision

A man in a black leather jacket was lying in a prone position on the roof of an office building with a pair of high-powered binoculars to his eyes; staring intently at the roof of another building across the street around 100 yards away. A cold wind descending from the overcast skies whipped through the man’s hair fiercely as he continued to gaze at the opposite roof. He scanned the roof for about another five minutes, and then looked at his watch. He put the binoculars down besides him on the asphalt and carefully opened up a large, non-descript looking briefcase besides him. The man carefully pulled out a thin metal tube, which was the barrel of a gun, a Stoner SR-25 sniper rifle to be exact. He then removed the other contents of the briefcase carefully, one by one with his black-gloved hands before closing the briefcase with an almost inaudible click. He then carefully screwed the barrel onto the receiver and then slid the scope onto the top mounted picatinny rail. He glanced at his watch again and put a 20 round magazine of 7.62x51 mm NATO ammunition into the gun. He then screwed a long black silencer into the threads cut into the barrel and then began fiddling with the knobs and dials atop his scope to adjust the sight to compensate for the high wind and potential bullet elevation. He looked at his watch again, any minute now…
There was the noise of a helicopter, a standard Bell Corporate Transport Chariot in the distance, getting louder. The man in the black jacket put his eye to his scope, as the helicopter got closer to landing on the building opposite to him. As the helicopter was just about to land, the man in the black jacket put the helicopter’s pilot in the center of his crosshairs and fired.
There was a silent “chuff” noise as the 7.62 mm bullet left the barrel and buried itself in the helicopter pilot’s chest. The pilot jerked once in his harness with the impact of the bullet and slumped forward, a dark bloodstain spreading quickly across his chest.
The Co-Pilot took about a second to realize what had just happened before seizing the controls and pulling them upward, trying to slow the rapidly descending helicopter. The man in the black jacket put his head in his crosshairs and fired, taking off a good-sized chunk of his head and showering the cockpit with blood and cranial matter. The helicopter hit the helipad with a massive metallic crunch and exploded. At that moment, a distinguished looking middle aged gentleman in an expensive business suit, and a much younger looking woman also in a business suit walked out of the roof access elevator. Apparently, their ride had crashed. As the man and the woman ran forward to rubberneck the man in the black jacket put the woman in his crosshairs and fired into her femoral nerve causing her to scream in an unearthly voice as her blood began to soak into her clothes. The man in the business suit stopped turned around. The man in the black jacket took aim and fired again. The bullet buried itself right above the ear of the man in the business suit, turning his brains into hamburger and scattering bits of cranium onto the ground. The woman tried to get to her feet and run for it but her leg collapsed out from under her. The man in the black jacket fired again, the bullet went into her right lung, through her heart and out of her spine.
The man in the black jacket packed up his rifle, picked up all of his cartridge casings and his binoculars and began to descend from the roof of his building. Later it was announced on the evening news that the CEO of Activision and his much younger girlfriend were both assassinated, probably by a disgruntled gamer who was angry at Activision’s mishandling of the recently released game Rome: Total War

Monk
04-07-2004, 23:41
Well it's violent and descriptive, can't say i liked to be told his brains splattered on the ground, but i've seen worse

Here's what i'm gonna do, I won't close this story unless people get offended or i am asked to do so. Right now i'm willing to be lenient, but if i'm asked by a mod or a number of people who request it closed i will do so.

Voigtkampf
04-09-2004, 08:09
As for the vivid description of various entrails et cetera being splattered all over the exterior, I didn't object that, yet I found the story distasteful. We are talking about actual people, and this was out of line. But this should not be considered a complaint or demand to close the story down, I just believe it wasn't appropriate, to say the least; that's all.

TheSilverKnight
05-27-2004, 13:38
That's very offensive to people to like Activision and enjoy their games, and you want them killed? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif I don't understand

scooter_the_shooter
05-27-2004, 20:16
no ithink the whole story was a joke nothing serious

Degtyarev14.5
05-31-2004, 16:56
Some joke.

No, sorry, I'm with voigtkampf, it's in extremely bad taste and, well, it's just sick. Fullstop.

A.