PDA

View Full Version : PBM stories?

Chimpyang
04-24-2004, 11:24
Should we post some of our PBEM writeups onto the main story page as they do make pretty good sotries eventually, with a bit of work from the writes I think we can make epics of each one http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Demon of Light
04-28-2004, 07:00
I think that would be a great idea. If I had it my way, all of Simon Appleton's write-ups would be double posted in Mead Hall. The only stipulation I can think of is that anything posted in the Mead Hall should be able to stand by itself as a story rather than a really bitchin' write-up to a PBM. Use your best judgement here.

The_Emperor
04-28-2004, 09:56
The problem is the Throne Room isn't really given the credit it deserves in story-making.

Besides I did see a story in the Mead Hall a while ago that was based on a normal SP campaign.

Chimpyang
04-28-2004, 17:36
We can convert them into stories though..and as long as everyone writes in the same perspective we should be fine.

Ludens
05-06-2004, 21:00
I don't really see the point of placing all the PBM threads twice. People know they are here so why put them in the mead hall?
What I would like to see is that the threads were cut down so that they only contained the write ups, like Demon of Light did with the Kings of England and Kings of Poland PBM. In that way he created two beautiful story threads. Why don't we do this with other finished PBMs?

The_Emperor
05-06-2004, 21:05
As you already said, the time and trouble of posting twice is probably the main reason.

Still I might do something like that in future... Too bad most of my old images for PBEM Write-ups were lost when I changed ISPs.

Demon of Light
05-07-2004, 07:57
Time and trouble are part of it. Another reason is that I have yet to encounter another PBM with two ingredients that were necessary to the Glorious Reigns. First is that everyone needs to post. Some games were passed on by a player without a write-up. No throwing of stones here though as I am among the guilty for that crime (Germany). Second is that there wasn't any consistancy in showing end of reign maps. A few of the ones that were shown were much too big for the format set up by barocca in Kings of England.

Ludens
05-07-2004, 11:40
Well, I wouldn't mind doing it, but I guess it's Demon of Light's privilege

Demon of Light
05-11-2004, 23:35
Quote[/b] (Ludens @ May 07 2004,03:40)]Well, I wouldn't mind doing it, but I guess it's Demon of Light's privilege
I don't have a monopoly on this. If you want to try, be my guest.