PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!

Efrem Da King
05-13-2004, 09:53
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_246/vortal_pic_123456.jpg

Does anyone know if that is tech demo or real in game stuff????

Either way OMG

Efrem Da King
05-13-2004, 10:31
Woops just realised that it says Screen image simulated. its not so obvious not in this setup.

SO niether but still.

Demon of Light
05-13-2004, 11:18
Under the precepts of the title of this thread, am I allowed to post??? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

Leet Eriksson
05-13-2004, 11:45
OMG

I'm definitly gonna get the PSP

frogbeastegg
05-13-2004, 11:57
You can find actual, in-game screenshots scattered about IGN and other similarly not too great sites. Metal Gear (http://media.psp.ign.com/media/664/664947/imgs_1.html) for instance. From what I hear the games just look like PS2 games, no better, no worse. Still impressive for a handheld.

If only they could make the console look less ugly, and I don't like the way they keep hyping on about how it is for adult gamers. All that means is that the cost will be high and that they want to be c00l1 http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Ah well, it is all about the games in the end, but so far it has nothing interesting being shown off, just a couple of titles that are related to games I thought were ok for £10. To me the PSP is as interesting the as new Nintendo dual screen - not very, but it has potential.

The screenshot can stay, since the source is stamped in big letters across the bottom.

Fragony
05-13-2004, 19:42
I still remember the ps2 hype; I gave in. It turned out to be a pretty weak system (well it DOES have devil may cry, that is enough to justify everything). I am reserving my omg till I actually see it this time. I am more interested in this nintendo system(well I am a nintendo fanboy)

Efrem Da King
05-13-2004, 23:57
Hmmm DS Graphics LOOK HORRIBLE and it has a stupid gimmick to make it be worthwhile.

AND IT WON'T PLAY GAMEBOY COLOUR GAMES

Why would I buy a machine with sub N64 graphics whith a stupid gimic over a machine that plays movies and music with 1.8 gig discs that has ps2 quality games.

NOt to mention frag did you miss the sub heading. But you seem nicer lately so feel free to post.

Demon of light I have a short fuse and a shorter memory so I have no idea why I would be angry at you so dito.

nightcrawlerblue
05-14-2004, 01:56
Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ May 13 2004,17:57)]Hmmm DS Graphics LOOK HORRIBLE and it has a stupid gimmick to make it be worthwhile.

Why would I buy a machine with sub N64 graphics whith a stupid gimic over a machine that plays movies and music with 1.8 gig discs that has ps2 quality games.

NOt to mention frag did you miss the sub heading. But you seem nicer lately so feel free to post.

Demon of light I have a short fuse and a shorter memory so I have no idea why I would be angry at you so dito.
What? I'll go across every point in your post:

1: First of all, I cannot believe the PSP has PS2 graphics. They just don't have that kind of technology right now (at least not for an affordable price).
2: Where did you read that it won't play GBC games? I haven't read that anywhere but it is a small price to pay (also I might mention that the PSP has NO backwards compatability...)
3: The DS will be able to play movies and music (they have them for the GBA so the DS automatically has them).
4: The cartridges (well the wafer-thin cards. Kinda mad about how flimsy they're probably gonna be) hold 1+ gig.
5: I'll agree the 2-screen thing isn't that cool but the more I think about it the more useful it seems. I like being able to have a map constantly open in all of my games.

Efrem Da King
05-14-2004, 08:25
Quote[/b] (nightcrawlerblue @ May 13 2004,19:56)]
Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ May 13 2004,17:57)]Hmmm DS Graphics LOOK HORRIBLE and it has a stupid gimmick to make it be worthwhile.

What? I'll go across every point in your post:

1: First of all, I cannot believe the PSP has PS2 graphics. They just don't have that kind of technology right now (at least not for an affordable price).
2: Where did you read that it won't play GBC games? I haven't read that anywhere but it is a small price to pay (also I might mention that the PSP has NO backwards compatability...)
3: The DS will be able to play movies and music (they have them for the GBA so the DS automatically has them).
4: The cartridges (well the wafer-thin cards. Kinda mad about how flimsy they're probably gonna be) hold 1+ gig.
5: I'll agree the 2-screen thing isn't that cool but the more I think about it the more useful it seems. I like being able to have a map constantly open in all of my games.
1. Obviously they do. About price your probably right and I concede you that.

2. On CVG it has a slot for GBA games but WON'T play GBC games.

3. WHAT GBA can't play movies or music what are you smoking?????????

4........SO

5. But its gonna be touch screen WITH A STYLUS YOu know HOW annoying that is gonna be. Not to mention extremely prone to breaking down.

Hmm Price will almost certainly be PSPs biggest problem.

Fragony
05-14-2004, 09:20
Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ May 13 2004,17:57)]NOt to mention frag did you miss the sub heading. But you seem nicer lately so feel free to post.
Thank you you are too kind http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Efrem Da King
05-14-2004, 11:26
No no its a pleasure to have you here http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif .

nightcrawlerblue
05-14-2004, 16:14
Yes it can play movies (I'm not 100% sure about music but I think it does). They made adapters to the GBA so you can now watch 45-minutes worth of TV show (soon to be 90 minutes). The adapters will most likely work with the DS and if they don't then they'll soon make a new one for the DS.

BTW, does the PSP have wirlesss LAN up to 100 feet and 14 players?

Also, why do you say obviously they do? I haven't seen anything that shows PS2 quality (though some of those screens do look fairly close.)