PDA

View Full Version : Napoleonic Total war clone...

Leet Eriksson
05-15-2004, 17:29
Imperial Glory (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/imperialglory/)

Looks pretty cool imo,but i lack interest in such a period so to speak.there are 5 nations,i could identify 3,the English,French and Austrians,i suspect the Prussians and Russians will be in too.

Scipio
05-15-2004, 18:57
LOL Looks good It seems some companies are relizinng that Total War is a genre in its self and that the genre will own you hard

Leet Eriksson
05-16-2004, 01:32
Definitly,the game is made by the same guys who did the Commando series and Preatorian,i did like Preatorian but not that much,i think i'll give this one a try,since their aim is to keep economy and base building aspects in a pretty low profile and concetrate on combat.

Teutonic Knight
05-16-2004, 01:35
yeah that actually looks pretty nice, I hope they clean up the unit detail a bit before they release it though http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Efrem Da King
05-16-2004, 22:43
YOu guys HAVE to see the trailor

ITs 75megs for the big file but worth ever hour spent dling. This game well the units look slighly blockier than RTW BUT the backgrounds blow totalwar out of the water, and the sea battles...... F*CK There is not other word for it..... they just look soooooooo amazing.

econ21
05-18-2004, 15:34
Sounds promising. Certainly good looking screenshots. However, Napoleonics is the era I am most fussy about in terms of requiring authenticity. For some reason, in medieval or WW2 games, I can allow a lot of creative licence (hence I love MTW and Panzer General). But if a Napoleonic game does not model columns vs lines or cavalry vs squares right etc, I cannot bring myself to play it.

Efrem Da King
05-18-2004, 22:27
Well from what I saw in the movie you won't like this game.

BUT you will like cossacks 2. That will be a slow plased simulation of nap era warfare where as this takes a more CHARGE BOOOM BOOOM WEEEEEEEE

But it looks damn cool.

SwordsMaster
05-18-2004, 22:43
Russia and Prussia are in. I posted this same kind of thread in the Entrance Hall.