PDA

View Full Version : Tis the season

Hosakawa Tito
05-18-2004, 21:09
I've been slaving away, varnishing woodwork, cleaning, and painting my boats' bottom with anti-fouling paint in preparation for The Launch. I dock my 23 foot SeaRay cuddy cabin cruiser at a marina at the mouth of the Cattaraugus Creek on Lake Erie. I've just about got all the blue colored bottom paint off my body, after a gasoline bath. We took her out for a spin yesterday evening before dark. As luck would have it, the weather today, thunderstorms with lightning and high winds, makes boating a no go today for all but fools and those with a death wish.
The water is still too cold, 50F, to swim/tube/ski, but the perch are biting and the air temperature, 70-80F, is perfect for beer drinking and fishing. My favorite time of year for outdoor activities has arrived. Now if it would only stop raining so I can anchor off the beach, a cold beer in one hand, binoculars in the other (scoping the bikini clad sunbathing babes) while pretending to fish. Yep honey, I'm gone fishing. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif