PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer Generals

Sir Chauncy
05-20-2004, 09:57
Forgive me forum for I have sinned: it has been about 9 months since my last posting.

How all you guys doing? Last time I came in here bits of this forum were still pointing at the sun and blinking, now there are more locations and members than I can count

Anyway, back on track. I have recently been able to play C£C Generals online and had read in a PCGamer mag that there was a big modding scene for it. I also read that there was a mod that introduced UK forces to the game. Now me being based in the UK makes this pretty interesting to say the least but the main reason was because it had Conquerer tanks in. They rule and I would really like to give it a go.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. It's good to be back.

chunkynut
05-20-2004, 12:09
I'd be interested too, i haven't played it in ages and don't have the expansion pack, but if there are any recommended mods ...

nightcrawlerblue
05-20-2004, 17:03
How is C&C Generals? From what I've heard it barely has any strategy at all (Build up 100 jeeps and helicopters or whatever they are then attack).

Sir Chauncy
05-20-2004, 18:02
That really couldn't be much further from the truth, there is actually very different styles of play for each 'nation' and a real paper scissors stone thing going on. One thing to remember is that is this game tank rushes can be stopped dead in their tracks by chaps armed with rocket launchers. Playing against the computer that might be possible but not against people...

Lehesu
05-20-2004, 18:50
There is a mod dedicated to creating the EU in game. Troopers have FAMAS and features a smattering of British, French, and other military hardware.

Sir Chauncy
05-21-2004, 13:39
And that mod is...

*pulls hopeful face*

Lehesu
05-21-2004, 19:18
Mods:
One really cool-looking Battle Tech mod (http://www.battletechmodproductions.com/btgenerals/)
Europe Mod (http://cnceurope.timeofwar.com/pages_UK/indexUK.php)
Europe mod is in progress, but looks good.