PDA

View Full Version : FILM: Kill Bill ! Parts 1+2........ 3 ?

Shahed
05-23-2004, 01:53
Greetings All http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

What did you guys/girls think about these two movies ?

I don't know really what to think of em, I just saw them a couple of weeks back, both in the same night. A friend told me to watch the first one before the second so I watched that on DVD before heading to the cinema for the 2nd part. TARANTINO NIGHT starring UMA THURMAN HOOAAAAHHH That was FUN

Hmm well I was not too sure what to think of it.

Please do state what you thought was good or bad about these movies. Would love to hear your opinions. If watched just one of them then please base your vote and comments on the one you watched.

Look forward to reading your replies.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ronin
05-23-2004, 02:09
great movie...

loved all the references to 70´s kung foo...spaghety westerns...revenge movies....lot´s of fun...

it´s an instant classic...at least for me :)

Shahed
05-23-2004, 02:25
Yeah that's a good comment actually.
I guess a question is: comedy or drama or....?

Ronin
05-23-2004, 02:56
i´d say revenge/action/comedy http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Divine Wind
05-23-2004, 03:40
Only seen the first one so far, and when i get some spare time ill pop along to the cinema to see the second. Ive heard its a very different movie from the first, so could anyone enlighten me in what ways?

Efrem Da King
05-23-2004, 08:43
Well it has LESS violence than the 1st. But the violence is lot more.... well real. It isn't cartoony in the slightest with some frankly disfusting bits in it. But it is a FANTASTIC FILM.

I wish I didn't have to wait 15 years for volume 3.

Maychargewithoutorders
05-23-2004, 09:28
I've only seen vol.1 but i liked it tremendously The tongue-in-cheek feel throughout the film and the OTT fight scenes made it very special. For some reason it feels old and new at the same time, anybody else get that feeling? I suppose this is due to a pretty standard format (with the storyline) but with a fresh perspective. Plus a trademark Tarantino funky soundtrack really did make the movie for me anyway.

I'm intending to see vol.2 soon and you've wet my appetite for it Efrem Da King

Quid
05-23-2004, 10:40
Saw only the first one. Wasn't very impressed especially with the cartoon sequences...sorry, hated them with a passion.

As for the fighting. Was good and it did bring some memories back from the years of the old Kung Fu era. Bit too much blood most of the times...not so much shocking as it is superfluous.

Overall, I regret having bought the DVD. Was a waste of money. Maybe I should have gone and watched it in the cinema instead.

Quid

Scipio
05-23-2004, 10:50
I had no passion for the first movie either. I have only seen the first and disliked almost every aspect. Quinten let me down, I thought I ould get a movie as good or better than Resevoir Dogs but Ill still go out and watch volume 2.

Ronin
05-23-2004, 14:40
Quote[/b] (quid @ May 23 2004,04:40)]Saw only the first one. Wasn't very impressed especially with the cartoon sequences...sorry, hated them with a passion.

As for the fighting. Was good and it did bring some memories back from the years of the old Kung Fu era. Bit too much blood most of the times...not so much shocking as it is superfluous.

Overall, I regret having bought the DVD. Was a waste of money. Maybe I should have gone and watched it in the cinema instead.

Quid
you should have waited...there´s gonna be a special edition DVD with the 2 parts together http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Ronin
05-23-2004, 14:41
Quote[/b] (Divine Wind @ May 22 2004,21:40)]Only seen the first one so far, and when i get some spare time ill pop along to the cinema to see the second. Ive heard its a very different movie from the first, so could anyone enlighten me in what ways?
the second film isn´t wall-to-wall action like the first one...there´s more story and character development...

but there´s still a lot of action there

DemonArchangel
05-23-2004, 17:11
I LOVE KILL BILL

The_Emperor
05-23-2004, 17:18
I have seen number 1 only and I liked it.

The cartoon sequences I thought were neccessary given the content of those sequences,

(can you imagine the reaction if you had each of those done in normal film complete with full gore?) Of course with cartoon characters your free to shoot some guy through the brains and have some girls looking into the hole without it being as disgusting...

It was a real good film and I hear part 2 is a lot better, so I am going to have to see it sometime.

Big King Sanctaphrax
05-23-2004, 17:30
I thought the cartoon sequences were very cool. I wasn't expecting them, and it was a nice suprise.

BDC
05-23-2004, 18:21
15 years for part 3?

Anyway are they worth seeing? Seemed to be a bit gorey for me...

Sternness
05-23-2004, 20:07
Saw both. I really liked the first when it came out, but the second blew me away. Then again, I've seen and loved the majority of films that QT was paying tribute to, so maybe I'm a bit biased in that respect.

gaelic cowboy
05-24-2004, 17:11
great http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Major Robert Dump
05-25-2004, 14:25
The spaghetti western music that played during the anime was spectacular. For those of you who didn't like it I pose this question: do you really think that scene would have worked with real people? I doubt it, especially since little children are such unconvincing actors.

All the soundtrack was great, especially the scene where she was picking her hattori hanzo steel.

I liked the first much better, but I found the second one to be funnier and a nice wrap-up. And the 5-finger death blow was awesome, and the fact that the final fight took place while seated was hilarious.

The Tuffen
05-27-2004, 00:21
They r both great films. Just cant wait till the dvd for number 2 is released.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
05-27-2004, 01:41
Quote[/b] (Major Robert Dump @ May 25 2004,08:25)]The spaghetti western music that played during the anime was spectacular. For those of you who didn't like it I pose this question: do you really think that scene would have worked with real people? I doubt it, especially since little children are such unconvincing actors.

All the soundtrack was great, especially the scene where she was picking her hattori hanzo steel.

I liked the first much better, but I found the second one to be funnier and a nice wrap-up. And the 5-finger death blow was awesome, and the fact that the final fight took place while seated was hilarious.
The spaghetti western music is similar to the ones from Sergio Leone's films: Fistful of Dollars (1964), For a Few Dollars More (1965) and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) . Their music was composed by Ennio Morricone. But that is no wonder: he is the composer for Kill Bill. He also wrote the music for the ultimate western of all time: Once Upon a Time in the West (1969) by Sergio Leone.

As for Kill Bill 1 and 2, the first is better and worse. Better for general flow and action, worse for excessive kitch and poor taste. These are Tarantino's worst films ever...

Aymar de Bois Mauri
05-27-2004, 01:43
Quote[/b] (quid @ May 23 2004,04:40)]Saw only the first one. Wasn't very impressed especially with the cartoon sequences...sorry, hated them with a passion.
The cartoon sequences were the best in the movies, although visually exagerated.

Efrem Da King
05-27-2004, 02:41
To each his own.

I can understand people not liking the movies but for me THEY ROCKED

Skidrowpunk
06-01-2004, 14:29
I am very disapointed about the options. Where was GAH?

Moreover I'd like to say that I liked both movies, still the second one was better. AND, the soundtrack rocked.

Efrem Da King
06-02-2004, 23:13
I sooo can't wait for volume 3. I can't believe I have to wait 15 YEARS

AAAAHH

I'll be like.... 30

Better start drinking to shorten the distance.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/barrel.gif