PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies

Major Robert Dump
06-14-2004, 12:10
Somewhat interesting game, IMO worth 15.00 a month. Only one character per server, with multiple servers, and I only play on one ATM and have no plans on going any deeper than that. I play mostly with RL friends.

This is the second mmop game I've ever played, Eve Online was a f***ng joke.

Anyone else?

Copperhead
06-14-2004, 13:28
Yeh mate, all the time.
I'm teras kasi master. I was beta tester.

My name on it is Syman Green. Look me up. Member of Night City on Rori.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/medievalcheers.gif

Cazbol
06-14-2004, 14:12
Quote[/b] (Major Robert Dump @ June 14 2004,06:10)]Somewhat interesting game, IMO worth 15.00 a month. Only one character per server, with multiple servers, and I only play on one ATM and have no plans on going any deeper than that. I play mostly with RL friends.

This is the second mmop game I've ever played, Eve Online was a f***ng joke.
I remember your dismemberment of Eve and it convinced not to buy it, which I was seriously considering.

Does Galaxies avoid the same pitfalls? Are there bands of high level players ganging up on the weak newbies and can a newbie generally expect to stay alive for an hour? Do people actually roleplay or is it all about gathering stats for the next level? Any details would be appreciated.

el_slapper
06-14-2004, 14:35
A friend of mine will not renew its account. Not enough players now to do something cool. That is on the french-speaking server, however...

jkaney55
06-15-2004, 04:02
My brother plays, he lives on dantooine. He is imperial, and is trying to become a bounty hunter, his name is Tyreus or something....

Major Robert Dump
06-15-2004, 04:46
Cazbol...

Unlike Eve, the PVP is somewhat of an option. Being able to engage other players/be engaged is caused by several actions...such as attacking an opposing faction npc (you get a temporary flag that lets declared opposing faction members attack you...think of it as a kick me sign) or declaring your faction affiliation to everyone so you can openly attack other ppl who are declared and attack people with temp flags. Being declared carries its benefits, just like being covert.

There are plenty of people who do no fighting whatsoever and just make money/build things/politic and hunt animals.

Gaining new skills is important but there comes a point where it takes to the back burner because you can only learn so many, and at some point most players like to buy a house or join a guild and try to build assets.

The only real problem I have is that there are only a couple of main gahtering points for merchants on each server and this creates horrific lag for ppl who pass through or go to shop. But its manageable.

IF anyone does get the game I encourage you to start in a city that is fairly populated because being in the boondocks will hamper your progress, since there is a reason its the boondocks: hard npcs and poor conditions...save those planets for later.

Also with a lot of work Player guilds can also buy faction bases to put in their towns so there is a presence of friendly npcs (reb or imperial) and its very diffuclt for an opposing guild to permanantly destroy these bases, and I think thats cool. Ppl can go in and killall the npcs, which I do all the time, but destroying the base takes several character classes allied in a war party.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go kill rebels....

dessa14
06-15-2004, 09:29
where is it.
thanks, dessa

JAG
06-15-2004, 10:42
I play(ed) Ultima Online, and alot of my mates from that either played SWG or still play it now. It seems good fun, but it didn't appeal to me.

A.Saturnus
06-15-2004, 14:38
Arena thread