PDA

View Full Version : Poland 2.01 Early Expert GA

Chimpyang
06-20-2004, 18:07
It's all in the title really, I won't fuss about writeups but it would be nice to have them. Also, roleplaying isn't essential but if you wish to, i have no problem with it. However, I am offering special http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-dizzy2.gif titles to the people who can achieve certain goals that i set after each king has died (Just to make things interesting). i will play the first king myself and will set goals from then on which future kings will have to try and meet as well as accomplish the GA goals.

For POLAND

Eastside Character
06-20-2004, 19:36
I'll make my write up, you know that. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif So sign me in if you wish.
I was thinking about starting my own PBM lately, but not as Poland. Anyway I was thinking about some rules which could make any PBM more interesting (so I think at least).
So here are some of the rules:

1). Only a noble can be granted a title (no matter governorship or office).

2). For newly conquered province's governorship, first in the line is general of the victorious army. If that general is royal (king or prince) then the title can be given to any noble general who took part in conquering that province. Preferably this should be a general who distinguished himself in that particular battle.

3). In case of acquiring a new territory by means of bribery, bribed general (only if noble) is given the governorship of that province, no matter what his v&v are.

4). Normally a governor title is a lifetime privilege. Governors who became disloyal or ashamed the monarch (loosing a very important battle or proving to be a coward not worthy of such privilege), can be stripped of their titles.

5). For the most trusted and valuable governors, governorship is hereditary (after his death, the provincial title is given to his heir - a (new) noble general of the same name as his predecessor, and not the new-old general)

6). Limited number of agents: never more agents (of all kinds) than provinces (of the human player).

7). Don't brake alliances, unless you have a good reason (excuse). If there is no excuse, make up an interesting story explaining your decision (the story has to be based on the current political situation in the game).

8). Always try to marry your heir(s) ASAP.

9). Don't try to make the AI withdraw instead of fighting with your army.

Those are just ideas, and I don't expect anyone to follow them. I just like them and they are some of my rules for PBM (I'll play according to them). What do you think Chimpyang? And am I in?

Regards,
EC

Chimpyang
06-21-2004, 17:28
Yeah, I think those rules will serve this PBEm ver nicely. So there you have it..the rules for the game.

Would anyone really like to start it off? I don't mind but if someone really wants to ge it going they can have first dibs to the game.

Current List of Players

Chimpyang
Eastside Character

Chimpyang
06-21-2004, 17:35
Oh yeah...sgin up belwo if interested.

mercian billman
06-22-2004, 20:22
I'll gladly play.

Chimpyang
06-22-2004, 21:52
The list

Chimpyang
EC (soory but your name is really hard to speel in the state i'm in atm)
Merc Billman

mercian billman
06-23-2004, 04:12
EC, I really don't like the rule about the number of agents. It really won't be much of a factor in the early but, it will hamper the ability of people who play later. You should be able to create as many agents as you want.

edit: I agree about the write ups but I think the least someone could do is to give a summary if their reign to keep everyone informed.

Eastside Character
06-23-2004, 19:34
Quote[/b] (mercian billman @ June 22 2004,22:12)]EC, I really don't like the rule about the number of agents. It really won't be much of a factor in the early but, it will hamper the ability of people who play later. You should be able to create as many agents as you want.
Well the rules I posted were not to be accepted or obeyed, I had only posted them I thought they can make the game more difficult and interesting. The limited number of agents I thought would make a player focus more on what are his agents doing, what's they status, and also be more concerned if one of them died (especially when you don't have many provinces). That was my idea. You don't have to use that rule I think. It's good enough you accept other rules http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif Or if you don't like some other, say so.
If the game is not started yet (Chimpyang's reign), then there can be more rules, or some can be changed.

Regards,
EC

Chimpyang
06-23-2004, 22:16
Ok here are the REVISED rules, i've modified it a bit esp number 6.

Here we go

1). Only a noble (In order of priortiy : Any Knights, then CMAA then FMAA, then cav, then spears, then militia and finally peasent units, nobels with more stars have priority.) can be granted a title (no matter governorship or office).

2). For newly conquered province's governorship, first in the line is general of the victorious army. If that general is royal (king or prince) then the title can be given to any noble general who took part in conquering that province. Preferably this should be a general who distinguished himself in that particular battle.

3). In case of acquiring a new territory by means of bribery, bribed general (only if noble) is given the governorship of that province, no matter what his v&v are.

4). Normally a governor title is a lifetime privilege. Governors who became disloyal or ashamed the monarch (loosing a very important battle or proving to be a coward not worthy of such privilege), can be stripped of their titles.

5). For the most trusted and valuable governors, governorship is hereditary (after his death, the provincial title is given to his heir - a (new) noble general of the same name as his predecessor, and not the new-old general)

6). Limited number of agents: never more agents (assasins and inquisitors) than provinces (of the human player).

7). Don't brake alliances, unless you have a good reason (excuse). If there is no excuse, make up an interesting story explaining your decision (the story has to be based on the current political situation in the game).

8). Always try to marry your heir(s) ASAP.

9). Don't try to make the AI withdraw instead of fighting with your army.

10) Go for GA goals first, then try and achieve the goal set by your predecessor.

That should be all, a summary at least is a good idea so that we can see how the campaign progesses.

Eastside Character
06-25-2004, 20:24
So are you playing your reign now Chimpyang?

Regards,
EC

Chimpyang
06-26-2004, 20:04
Yeah......I'm just alittle busy atm so it'll be done for tuesday at the latest. Anyone else to sign up as we ahve a very small list so far.

mercian billman
07-02-2004, 00:10
Chimp are you done yet?

Eastside Character
07-04-2004, 18:19
Quote[/b] (Chimpyang @ June 26 2004,14:04)]Yeah......I'm just alittle busy atm so it'll be done for tuesday at the latest.
It's Sunday already.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Chimpyang
07-04-2004, 20:13
I'm sorry for the delay.....i am in the progress of upating it now, i've been away and busy with exams and camping trips......the file is called ThePolish1110PB.rar and is in the upload folder.

Chimpyang
07-08-2004, 17:59
EC you got the game yet?

Eastside Character
07-09-2004, 23:21
Yeah, I'm playing it now. Was really surprised to see you auto-assigned titles and auto-managed taxes. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif After we've agreed upon all those rules... Why?

And what about your writeup? I'm pretty curious how it all happened that you grabbed all those lands.

Regards,
EC

econ21
07-10-2004, 01:46
I don't see a problem with auto-managing taxes - it gets the job done and does not seem to conflict with any of the rules for this PBM. Never tried auto-assigning titles, but I heard the computer only gives them to nobles, which seems in the spirit of the rules here.

Eastside Character
07-10-2004, 09:18
Ok, auto-managing taxes is not a big problem for me as well, only that I never do it as I like to have as much control over my state as I can. And as for auto-assigning titles, well if you think Peasants units are nobles, then you're right, because that's what I saw there. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-dizzy2.gif
There was one (or two - would have to check the savegame) Peasant governor(s), some 2 Spearmen govs and the rest were Horsemen and one mounted x-bow.

And let me explain: I was so much surprised about the auto-managing taxes because I never used that option - I couldn't change the tax rates and thought like maybe I have some weird virus or what not, I was really puzzled. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-dizzy2.gif Only after I opened that panel next to that small map in the top left corner I knew what was it.

Regards,
EC

Chimpyang
07-10-2004, 13:11
Umm....i was playing it really late at night...and i just plain forogt about the rules.....if you want i'll replay it and follow the rules. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

Chimpyang
07-10-2004, 13:39
Okay..here's the start of my writeup.

The Chronicle of King Wladyslaw I (The foolish)

The regin of my king started badly, the lands that he had inherited were a mess, with no organisation and so after stabilising the country he created new positions such as (Lesser)King of Poland and other title to award to nobles. However, the king had no support and through a peasent uprising many commoners won themselves titles.

The King could do nothing to stop them, so he concentrated on expanding the kingdom. First to be captured was the weakly guarded rebel province of Moldovia, the rebels took one look at the king's army and feld the field after initially giving battle. Thus a link to the eastern coast was established.

The Hungarians saw that Poland was ill defended and in 1093 sent an invasion force to try and capture it, however, the crown prince rode from Moldovia in time and commanded a motley army comprised of horsemen and spearmen. The Hungarians only bought 4 unit's of Horse archers and after much chasing around the battlefield the hungarians fled to safety.

King Wladyslaw orderd the build up of the polish army and in 1096 he personnaly lead a attack force into Hungary. Walknig through the woods of Hungary the army was ambushed by the hungarians but in the meat grinder that ensued the Polish emerged victorius. The battle had however cost many lives and cheap reinforcements in the form of slav tribesmen had to be sent from poland.

The King left his son in charge of sieging the castle whilst he led the army into Croatia, the Hungarian King has escaped there heirless after the failed ambush. The ensuing battle was short but bloody. The outnumbered Hungarians formed a line around the king but they were soon driven back by the larger polish line, soon the Hungarian king joined into the fray himself but was cut down by angry slav tribesmen , who were wreaking revenge for the high taxes levied by him.

Kingless, the Hungarians dissapeared and Poland was once again at peace. The King decided he had neither the resources or manpower to take Carpathia and the rebels were left there. This porved to be a mistake when 5 years alter, a unknown Hungarian prince emerged from hiding with a considerable force and poclaimed the Hungarian Kingdom was rightfully his.

The latter years of the King's life was spent slowly improving the small economy and making sure that Poland's borders were secure. When the King died in 1109 he left behind a kingdom that was starting to assert itself on the world.

Eastside Character
07-10-2004, 16:13
Nice, I thought you got Hungary and all that from the Byz. I thought they attacked the Hungarians and then you 'helped' them a bit. Anyway that's interesting. My campaign is good too. It looks like by the end of my reign there's not gonna be a force to compete with our empire http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Regards,
EC

mercian billman
07-11-2004, 05:49
Hey leave some for me guys http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif