PDA

View Full Version : I can't change the backdrop for the Main menu?

themonkey
07-08-2004, 14:27
Hi,
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif
I'm wondering has anyone had the same fault in read bif as I have when I try to save a file that I've imported a .bmp for?
It just won't save the image?
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/handball.gif

Tama
07-08-2004, 17:36
There's a bug(well if you're using the same version I am)... it does save the file, but over the original bmp unfortunately.

1. I usually make a copy of the bmp I want to turn into a bif then open up readbif.

2. Then select new bif and enter the image size.

3. Select import frame from bmp.

4. Select save bif and enter whatever and ok.

The file is then saved on the original .bmp with the same name and all so you will have to rename the extension to .bif.

Myrddraal
07-08-2004, 18:10
I have exactly that error + it also corrupted the bmp. I just use C: prompt and the commands from the readme. That works fine for me.

sunsmountain
07-17-2004, 16:27
I have another question, (since i'm not allowed to post a new topic here yet, I will reply it into this little thread.)

I also asked this in the Alchemist Lab:

About the future game of Rome:TW. Is there a group of people already starting (preliminary work: unit design, installing 3D studio max) a mod for this great game?

If so, where, when, how, etc.

Because I would like to join or start a mod thread on this.

Myrddraal
07-17-2004, 18:00
I don't thinks so yet. I think its a little early, but if there is, I would love to be part of any project modding rome.

sunsmountain
07-21-2004, 21:15
Thanks for the response. If other forum members are also interested, they may post here. Who knows, we could be making a beautiful Rome:TW mod in a few weeks from now... ;)

themonkey
09-19-2004, 16:02
Actually i'm on a team in the planning stage for a Rome total war mod the link is in my sig

Lord Krazy
09-25-2004, 04:34
There's a bug(well if you're using the same version I am)... it does save the file, but over the original bmp unfortunately.

1. I usually make a copy of the bmp I want to turn into a bif then open up readbif.

2. Then select new bif and enter the image size.

3. Select import frame from bmp.

4. Select save bif and enter whatever and ok.

The file is then saved on the original .bmp with the same name and all so you will have to rename the extension to .bif.

This is true and is one way of getting around this problem .
Although without knowing which version one is using it is hard to say with confidence what exactly is the problem . In one version I recall it was required to save the file as a .txt and remove all underscores in the name .
Then change the extention afterwards .

I don't have this problem with other versions so I use them even if they are not the most recent .The guy that makes it updates it all the time and seeks
to improve it all the time based on his extensive knowledge and the input from users . Sometimes he gets it wrong and then he fixes it in the next version . So I suggest if you have problems with bif reader or readbif or whatever it's called use the previous version , report your problem to the auther and he will most likely fix it if it is a problem . He has done so todate,
to his credit I might add . ~:cheers:

As for people planning on modding rtw , well pleanty of them exist .

LK ~:smoking: