PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 is coming

Ser Clegane
07-13-2004, 15:22
Bethesda Softworks to Develop and Publish Fallout 3 (http://www.bethsoft.com/news/pressrelease_071004.htm)

Quote[/b] ]
Fallout 3 will be developed by Bethesda along with the next chapter of The Elder Scrolls, both under the direction of Todd Howard, executive producer of The Elder Scrolls.

Let's see what comes out of that http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-smile.gif

Efrem Da King
07-14-2004, 09:46
AAHH

F*ck Fallout 3 Lets get straight into Elder Scrolls 4

Sjakihata
07-14-2004, 15:27
yeah, elder scrolls 4, omg

econ21
07-14-2004, 17:41
Sounds promising - a Fallout-Morrowind hybrid sounds almost a perfect match. Morrowind has almost every thing but character, whereas Fallout oozes attitude. I just hope Bethesda learns how to tell a story and have NPCs or sidequests that you care about. A Morrowind with guns would be too dull. For that reason, I'd rather have seen Bioware, Troika or Obsidian take over the franchise but Bethesda certainly don't lack ambition so I am happy to see what they come up with.

[DnC]
07-14-2004, 17:53
WOW Great news Well at least the TES:IV news, never played Fallout.

Lehesu
07-14-2004, 19:13
Quote[/b] (Simon Appleton @ July 14 2004,11:41)]Sounds promising - a Fallout-Morrowind hybrid sounds almost a perfect match. Morrowind has almost every thing but character, whereas Fallout oozes attitude. I just hope Bethesda learns how to tell a story and have NPCs or sidequests that you care about. A Morrowind with guns would be too dull. For that reason, I'd rather have seen Bioware, Troika or Obsidian take over the franchise but Bethesda certainly don't lack ambition so I am happy to see what they come up with.
I don't actually think that they will emulate Fallout into a Morrowind format. IMHO, that would be unwise and a good way to piss off the Fallout fan base. Hopefully they will try to take the work that Interplay started and continue on in the same vein, improving it and adding their own style, of course.

econ21
07-14-2004, 20:57
Lehesu, I agree that what you propose would be best but I don't think it is going to happen. There's an interview on gamespot where a Bethesda spokesperson says that the Fallout 3 will use the same engine as the next Morrowind and that they will not use the (almost complete) game built by Interplay staff.

I am not that bothered, as I think you could make a Fallout type game with a Morrowind type engine - KOTOR might be an example of a new generation engine in terms of graphics that replicates the gameplay from old school isometric CRPGs. The key thing for me is the content - the dialogue, characters, sidequests, story arc etc. Those things made Fallout and are, in my opinion, pretty lamentable in Morrowind.

Xiahou Liao
07-14-2004, 21:52
But...they should use the interplay team as guidelines to the fallout universe They mess things up. I've loved fallout since 1 came out and I have all of them. Except Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, that game did the fallout series NO justice at all.

I still play Fallout to this day.

Edit: Even wasteland.

Efrem Da King
07-15-2004, 11:03
You for me the most important part of this announcment, is that Elderscrolls 4 will be for xbox.....

I was personally hoping they would go in for a super duper duper long dev cycle and make it for the next generation.....

Oh well I'm sure it will be just as good.

Efrem Da King
07-15-2004, 12:10
After reading around most people are under the impression that it will be a launch title for Xbox2. And as such an 05 release date. WE CAN ONLY HOPE.

Phatose
07-16-2004, 04:32
Eh. The mechanics of fallout were as large a reason for liking the game as the setting was. Whatever else this will be....fallout it won't.

Voigtkampf
07-16-2004, 08:21
The fans and interviewers asked the developers about the game settings. They say “we are uncertain as of now, wait and see”. Turn-based system has not been confirmed, it is still unclear whether the view will be isometric or full 3D, not even the SPECIAL system has been confirmed.

The Fallout fans are not as happy with the Bethesda deal for FO3 as one might think, and some statements from the developers are making the community suspicious. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the community and the new developers won’t develop the same hate relations I’ve witnessed with the Interplay.