PDA

View Full Version : Temporary forum

TosaInu
07-14-2004, 14:13
Hello,

The host moved the forum software (SQL server was already moved earlier this week), to another account. This should have been an interruption of say top 60 minutes. The host neatly adjusted some configuration files, but somewhere something messes up. The cryptic CGI messages are usually enough to spot and fix within a few minutes. But I'm clueless now. I'm busy getting the old forum back.

The move was unannounced to me, and occured while I was asleep. Had to leave early this morning too (still unaware of the situation), so you've been hours without forum. I'm very sorry for that.

In the meanwhile you'll use this newer standard version. It makes use of the same database. There are missing bits and there may also be a function which tries to store/retrieve information out of the database. As this new version may expect an updated database, some fields may be missing.

The old forum will hopefully be back soon, I can't promis whether that will be the end of our misery. It may be possible that we have to use new forumsoftware.

Be aware that the spoiler tag does not work at the moment

TosaInu
07-14-2004, 15:51
Spoiler Alert! Highlight to read. spoil[/QUOTE]

Efrem Da King
07-15-2004, 11:05
HAH

SEE IT DOES WORK