PDA

View Full Version : New Units or Changes for next HTW Version.

The Sword of Cao Cao
07-14-2004, 15:34
2 ideas of mine guys.

1. I would really like to see the Spartan Enomotia Hopliton given a nice red cape. I've seen em' on about every rendering, Osprey painting etc, and they really look nice in thier big bright red capes.

2. This could be considered more of a fantasy unit I geuss, but theres some evidence for it. In the movie Troy, there is a gigantic Thessalonian named Allegrius. Now Troy is mostly bullshit, but I know that the Bible mentions Goliath a giant who fought for the Phillistines. And the Phillistines were Greek. There was also a city named Gath, where the inhabitants were giants. I've also heard other stuff about giants in ancient Greece. Waaaay ancient though, but still Greece. I'm thinking this would be really fun for a unit. They could be like Kensai from STW. Afterall,, they are said to have been very mighty warriors. I sure as hell would love to seem em
Also I was just thinking, could oyu guys change Lakedomians to Spartans? I know Lakedomians is historical, but really, everyone knows them as the mighty Spartans. Plus Spartan trips rolls off the tongue I helluva lot better than Lakedomanian.

ShadesPanther
07-16-2004, 00:25
1. They do have a red cape..well maybe its not that big bt its red and looks practical (You wouldn't want to fall and create a domino effect in the phlananx would you?

2. The bible said it was unusual that he was so huge. Plus This mod is historical and just because 1 person is big U want giants? Well the Celts are quite tall and I don't really know the average height of the Greeks but the Romans were quite small so it could just be relative. So I don't really think so

The Sword of Cao Cao
07-16-2004, 06:50
Bah, I still like it. :p

What does the honuored Gerousia have to say?

ICrusaderI
07-19-2004, 02:51
Hello i'm new, looking this thread i wanted to take advatage of it to ask these questions:

1) will be there some sort of different and special formation to choose in future htw formations?

2) will you put the royal hypaspists (basilikoi)and the foot companions (pezhetairoi) in the next version?

now something that i noticed :

1) polemistae troops of the geometric era when used by ai they keep running back and never trying to face you on combat. Why this? because i think they are marked as ranged units ( they have javelins) so in auto the ai tend to use the skirmish tactic and this isn't a good thing. I suppose you better try to put units like these in Hold Formation to prevent what i said, you know... charging a line of 12 units of polemistae and looking them running away isn't because they act like archers in skirmish mode isn't really a good thing to see :\

2) You know that.. if you try to recreate a big battle where more than one faction is present in an army, it happens that you have to use Ai allies, but too bad they will use different tactics when you start the game and split in different directions. It wouldn't be bad if in custom battles you could choose units from other factions too

3) all units in the game are fine looking but the animation during combat .. hmm.. leaves me https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif , as far as i know this happens for all melee units but for example the hoplites start the attack sequence anim: you look them running and hitting and this is ok when the impact between the 2 units is done, but this anim isn't ok when they are infront of another enemy in a holding combat situation , they should stay in a stand position moving only the torso and the arms to thrust the enemy with the spears and not running with the legs too while they hit.

thanks for listening

The Sword of Cao Cao
07-19-2004, 04:35
Wrong thread dude. Now for making such an evil mistake you must support my totally imp ideas. https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-jester.gif

Anyways I think your supposed to post that in the Palestra...

ICrusaderI
07-19-2004, 12:04
umh i don't understand i saw new units on next version and i posted here https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

Byzantine Prince
07-20-2004, 01:05
I think they should put like some more specific units for each race (especially the ones that don't have any ie. Aetilians, Peonians, and corinthians).I could do some research and find some if you gyus don't mind.

Consul Flaminius
08-08-2004, 08:36
I'd like to see the romans added.Ive always liked them. ~:)

Pericles
08-08-2004, 17:13
2 ideas of mine guys.

1. I would really like to see the Spartan Enomotia Hopliton given a nice red cape. I've seen em' on about every rendering, Osprey painting etc, and they really look nice in thier big bright red capes.

2. This could be considered more of a fantasy unit I geuss, but theres some evidence for it. In the movie Troy, there is a gigantic Thessalonian named Allegrius. Now Troy is mostly bullshit, but I know that the Bible mentions Goliath a giant who fought for the Phillistines. And the Phillistines were Greek. There was also a city named Gath, where the inhabitants were giants. I've also heard other stuff about giants in ancient Greece. Waaaay ancient though, but still Greece. I'm thinking this would be really fun for a unit. They could be like Kensai from STW. Afterall,, they are said to have been very mighty warriors. I sure as hell would love to seem em
Also I was just thinking, could oyu guys change Lakedomians to Spartans? I know Lakedomians is historical, but really, everyone knows them as the mighty Spartans. Plus Spartan trips rolls off the tongue I helluva lot better than Lakedomanian.

1) The red capes would be a nice addition. The Spartans are my favourite faction.

2) Actually, Troy really existed. And there was a real war.

And believe it or not, giants really existed back in the day. Skeletons in the Middle East have been uncovered: some have been between nine to twelve feet tall ~:eek:

Others have been found that have been even larger.

The Bible records the King of Bashan as having a bed that was 15 feet long! It says that he wa sthe lkast of the giants. That would have made him about 12 to 13 feet tall.

Not sure if the HTW creators will want to add some giant men into this mod, but historically, giants DID exist.

saundersag
08-08-2004, 17:15
i think that psiloi should be added as they would be the equivalent of peasants in medieval and in hellenic there are no really cheap combat units. If you could manage it seige towers would be awesome as they were commonly used but i understand that they would be really hard to do. One small detail that i would think would be to have enormita hopilata have different types of helmets for different factions. As therer were corinthian helmets and then helmets like the thracian one. I reckon it would add a lot of character to different factions.

Marshal Murat
08-08-2004, 18:12
Wel, in the new version, the Aetolians have Hastati, Principali, Triarii, Sagitarii. I think it would be nice if they had another era, called Peleponnesia, where it includes Italy, Sicily, and the numerous other islands.

enkidu
08-08-2004, 19:13
If the new RTW is as easy to mod as some have said it is, I would love to see it converted to using the RTW engine. Only time will tell but if it looks anything like some of what I have seen, they would have to ship food into my room. Personally HTW is much more interesting period than Rome which was a total superpower in later years. The greeks could not get along with anyone even themselves. That makes for interesting game play. I would put in a option of a what if. If Alexander had not died. Though he would have been long dead by roman times, if there empire had held together it would be an interesting match. Like what if the Chinese had taken on the romans in the same time frame or Alexander. ~:confused: ~:argue:

Consul Flaminius
08-09-2004, 10:42
Wel, in the new version, the Aetolians have Hastati, Principali, Triarii, Sagitarii. I think it would be nice if they had another era, called Peleponnesia, where it includes Italy, Sicily, and the numerous other islands.

Wel I'll drink to that..... ~:cheers: